It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Tunnel from Edwards AFB to Roswell to Area 51?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I doubt there is a tunnel, and as far as I know it was merely a concept, But any patents related to this have been given to the United States Atomic Energy Commission or the United States Energy Research and Development Administration.
I am just saying there is atleast a little science behind a nuclear tunneling machine...a small nuclear reactor super heating lithium and circulating it around the out side then back to the reactor to be reheated.
Also would it really be any more dangerous then a nuclear sub?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz
Also would it really be any more dangerous then a nuclear sub?

When you're talking about turning the walls to glass, I think I'd rather be, well, a long ways away. Like on the Mars Rover!

another thought that came to mind, was that patent applied for before, oh, the year I was born, 1955?

I remember a lot of, well, different ideas when I was very young!

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
NO ! nothing shows
( on both links

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Those are nice pictures RedHerring. But i wouldnt be surprised if there was a tunnel from Edwards AFD to Roswell and then to Area 51. I mean they have to get there unseen and fast.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Tunnel systems maintained (previously built) by the government, I do not deny. But a system from EDW to Groom, I just cannot see as something feasible.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I once lived at Edwards AFB, and let me tell you, there is a lot that is unknown out there. There's a part of the base the Air Force calls "North Base" where nobody is aloud to enter unless you have clearance. Citizens and other personel are kept out. I always wondered what was in North Base, but if you guys are talking about tunnel systems, that place would be my first guess.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So you're trying to tell us that there's a tunnel between 400-500 miles long connecting edwards afb to A51?

p.s. the Chunnel is only 31 miles total.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by elmariachi]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
So can anyone tell me why the sign says

USAF
ICBM --'can't make this word out"
TRW START
Dec 14 1982

You sure it's just not something they dig the ICBM silos with?

It looks to me as if it says C01 or D01. ICBM Launch control centers and Launch facilites are numbered (Typically A01-A11, through T01-T11), with (Anything)01 being the launch control center. TRW makes A LOT of stuff in the LCC, so I'm sure they have labels similar to that somewhere in the capsule.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have never seen positive proof of their existence but supposedly there is machinery called subterranes, that produce glass lined sealed tunnels leaving little if any tailings. Liquid Lithium flowing in a nuclear boring machine if they do exist are said to have this capacity! ??????

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
interesting topic to say the least, whether true or not. On that patent website, if you click images, it brings up the pictures and description of the actual patent.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
there was a story abotu this on newsweek a couple of months ago wasnt there?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I seem to recall this being discussed here before. My objection then and now is that this whole idea of a nuclear powered boring machine is just stupid. First of all, you can�t just make solid rock �disappear� even if you were to �boil it off� as a vapor, you would have to contend with a HUGE volume of superheated gasses. Secondly, where does all of the waste heat from this process go? DO you expect the rock strata to absorb and dissipate this heat within, say a 50 year time frame? What about the different strata that you are likely to encounter? You wouldn�t want to set a coal seam or a natural gas pocket on fire.

Finally, what about tectonic movement across fault lines? I imagine that these so-called tunnels cross a number of fault lines.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh sure Howard, there you go again! Taking a completely implausible and impossible fantasy that really made someone's day and just trashing the whole concept. Good for you!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
*shrugs*
I think the U.S. Patent said it pushes the liquid rock into the cracks. . . I always wanted a machine like shredder had on Tenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I can tell you right now that there is no tunnel leading from edwards to papoose lake or area 51 but there are large vehicle sized tunnels that were dug in the early 1950s up at the edwards AFRL "the Rock" these tunnels from my experience seem to be used when i was in as a quick way to move from veiwing area to veiwing area built into the mountainside to visualy analyze propulsion tests from areas that are too remote to place a bunker or carry heavy equipment to. And a far better protected from test blast. It is now used as a fallout shelter, that part i have been down into. But i have been allover up there and never seen anything out of the norm. sorry i wish i could've seen something cool up there and i'm just as curious of you guys.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

a secret tunnel system runs from Edwards to Roswell, then on to Area 51.

Geography is not a strong point for you...

The differance is that a nuclear tunneling machine would melt the rock, leaving glass walls and no excess muck to be desposed of.

Let's try a little experiment in critical thinking...

And the nuclear material comes from?

I know teacher! I know...

Rocks.

What nuclear material melts rocks?

How much would you need?

Why did the nuclear material that melts rocks not melt the rock it came from and head straight for the earths core?

Who mines this material, where, and how?

What do you keep nuclear material that melts rocks in when you aren't melting rocks?

Imagine for a moment that radioactive material can melt rock and leave a glass wall. What happened to all the material in the middle; the 20 foot diameter hole for the electric Lionel train? Does the radioactive material that melts rocks and turns rock into glass melt the rock in a 50 foot radius and compress the 20 feet of material in the middle into the rest of the tunnel?

Why is the glass not radioactive?

How does one attach railroad tracks to a radioactive tunnel made of rock compressed into glass?

Does schist, granite, limestone, sandstone, and shale all compress into glass when exposed to this nuclear material?

Is the operator sitting at the rock face, where the radioactive material is melting rock? Does the government supply gatorade and lead lined fruit of the looms?

Do you also believe that the CIA invented crack and AIDS?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Researcher]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Researcher]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i live in rosamond , right out side the eafb.
there is rumer of a tunnel that goes to the secret airstrip owned by northrop from the base..and i live right near the straigt line from beetween the two..
sometime you can feel the gropd shaking ..when there is no train or trucks around

wonder what it is?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ok, not to discredit anyone but lets use some more logical thinking.

Using the average that a 1.2 mile tunnel requires 27 boreholes, and 25 trial pits to determine if the ground is suitable to build a tunnel, and that this "nuclear powered laser bore machine" tunnels 7 miles per day.

The roughly 200 mile straight line distance would take 28.57 days which is do able. Now this is where I have questions.

That 200 mile tunnel would require roughly 4500 boreholes, and 4167 trial pits. That is a rough calculation and does not account for the fact that no tunnel can be created in a direct route straight line without running into an obstacle such as underground water, or unsuitable soil.

When someone can show me these boreholes and trial pits let me know. By the way the LA to Washington DC tunnel would require 60175 boreholes and 55718 trial pits. I think someone would of seen something.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hey couldn't they just have a recycled air unit that just recycles the air, filters out CO2 and other pollutants and adds oxygen? So you see they wouldn't have any need for outside ventilation. It's standard for self contained units to have no liability to the outside environment if need be.

Oh, and I forgot to say that some states have an incredible amount of underground caves and such so they probably utilize those also. I live where there is quite a few underground caves around and there is an underground base 35 miles in Twin Bridges which is 35 miles from my house.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by covert111]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join