It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong radio signal at 1420 MHZR eminating from a location off of the planet!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
CPU speed isn't needed really, just lots of ram.

I'm currently trying to see how If I can rerecord it as a I/O bitstream.

I slowed the thing down to be over 6 hours to hear the paterns better and see if there are underlying paterns.

I spent the first 5 years I was online using a analogue modem, and I'm very familiar with the audible sound of digital signals.

BTW, anyone know why the hell Aracebo is STILL down?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
what if the US government has set up a secret socity on a distance planet already and are trying to communicate back about their progress.

- Spwan

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Spwan,

Very interesting thought. The question is, are they being helped (not human), or are they actually there on their own?

[Edited on 5-28-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
*Bump*

Sorry, I couldn't stand to see this sink beyond the horizon line yet..

Really nothing new? I could have been sure this was going somewhere..

And a note to anyone who wishes to slow down further than the 5782 area, using the 'Audio Recorder Program' that comes in pretty much any windows OS and can be accessed through Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Audio Recording, or some name like that, you can select an option to 'delete all information after this point', which will cut the 5782 seconds down to whatever point you are at. I took mine to 10 seconds, and then you can just slow it down further.

Happy Hunting.. I hope we get some news someday..

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I too would like to see if the experts have come to any conclusions?? or additional info/thoughts?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I stretched it to be over 12 hours, It looks like there are at least 2 data streams, but only ONE data stream is audible, the other one is visible in Audition, but out of human hearing range.

I'm first going to split them both up to audible ranges(to see if the 2nd range is also a datastream.) and then pass it trough some decoding software to catch the raw data it seems to put out.

Its a pitty the wav file has 8-bit encoding though, who knows how much info is lost because of that :'(

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Id be interested in hearing more about this as well. I wasn't ready to read through all 9 pages. I'd greatly appreciate some type of update on this though.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antipigopolist

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Why has there been no analysis of this yet? Seti isnt saying a thing are they??? wtf?

First, SETI has to schedule the time with Arecibo to check signals

SETI (the SETI Institute) would also have to ship equipment and personnel down to Arecibo and connect it to the telescope.

SETI@Home would have to switch from passive to active observation, for which the SERINDIP system isn't really equipped.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well....it's the 11th. One quick question for everybody? Has anybody gotten in touch with the original postee on this topic and ask him where he got that sound, and if it's still going on?

That's All! Thank you.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am curious is there any correlation with this strong EM signal and the current volatile weather conditions that are being experienced around the world?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hmm, like others here, having messed about with the file for a bit, I'm tending to think it's got a terrestrial origin, and a somewhat mundane one at that. The apparent RF signal strength is another factor in my thinking that too.

My SMP workstation is �electronically� very noisy (RF noisy � quite aside from actually sitting next to it) � and I get artefacts from it�s harmonics all over the place when I try to use my scanner when it�s on. Recordings from it have had a similar quality to this wav file.

Accepting that changing the wav file is probably more entertaining than it is useful � Spectrogram is good fun to mess about with (demo only, no connection with company etc�) www.visualizationsoftware.com...

I came across the site during the Aphex Twin "Equation" malarkey, which was pretty cool too - www.wired.com... .

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the person who started this thread was banned for a hoax on the science board:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
if i may be of any help just contact me

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yeah - Is this just another Attention seeking Energy_wave thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join