It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people dislike Glenn Beck so much?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I often wonder why people dislike Glen Beck so much. I watch his show often and it is very informative. I do find him to be a bit hyperactive at times and a bit distracting, but his overall message seems well intentioned.

One thing that really used to bother me was how he interrupted his guests during interviews, but it seems that he is exhibiting a little more self control in that area lately.

I agree with his ideas that the country is being dismantled by a group of Progressives, and I find that he does a good job of supporting his argument.

What do you think and why do you think people dislike him so much?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People don't like him for 3 reasons.

1- he is a mouth-piece
2- he cryes
3- he is republican

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just so you know I absolutely hate Glenn Beck.

Hate the man not the message.

Pisses me off when people immediately assume I like glenn beck because I support his ideas.

Hey! I like Obama as a person! Just hate him to the core for every other reason!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

How is he a mouth piece for and why do people dislike someone for crying and being a Republican. Are you going to tell me that you never cried in your life?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I do not like him as like alex jones he is a conman. Like phil schneider used to say you cannot be master of two houses. You are there for truth and goodness or your not, it really is that absolute for me.

I think both are just cons, one radio the other tv.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The fact he has a comedy tour should tell you how seriously you should take him on his view for issues. He is a tool and does not believe in anything he says on his show. He is told what his part is and plays it horrible IMO yet many find it a great show.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think he is very informative too.

Sometimes he is hard to watch with all his antics, but I think some people hate the fact he is on fox news,

When what they should really be questioning is he telling the truth.

Sometimes I wonder if all the Fox news haters fell for the other news stations as they pushed the Obama mythos.

[edit on 113030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

People should stop supporting John Stewart and looking toward him for their news and such. After all, he has a comedy show that's on every day. [I remember about a month ago, there was a couple John Stewart rocks! He thinks what I think! threads on ATS.] Al Franken shouldn't be allowed to set foot in the Senate because he's a comedian.

I mean that in jest of course. People can believe who they want. The difference between people like Beck and Stewart though, is that Glenn Beck interjects a little humor into his shows [everything needs some comic relief] and then later goes and does a comedy tour. Everyone knows that.

Stewart on the other hand has a show that's 100% comedy that is paraded around like it's genuine news.

Hope my point got across.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The fact he has a comedy tour should tell you how seriously you should take him on his view for issues. He is a tool and does not believe in anything he says on his show. He is told what his part is and plays it horrible IMO yet many find it a great show.

Whos tool is he, exactly?

[edit on 113030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
from a Brit perspective, this guy comes across like someone insane, a total fake. How can you take anything this guy says seriously? If there was someone performing on the NEWS like that here, he would be laughed of the telly.

go about 3 mins into this clip

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I look at it as you have to have the wisdom to separare the man and his actions from the actual content of what he says. His content is very well thought out.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Manhy people have more than one occupation, and satire of the political system or the human condition are considered high forms of comedy. I, personally, like Beck, although I don't agree with him on all issues. He admits to no fancy degress, being a a reformed alchoholic, and just doing his homework.
Sorry, but most people on this board can't make the 2ond or 3rd claim(and I,m not to sure about the 2ond), yet they are willing to jump on anyone who disagrees with them.
Beck simply states what he believes, based on his research, and if he cries, so what? I've shed more than a few tears in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The thing about Glen beck and all the other right wing nutjobs is that they hate the fact that they are no longer in power.
So now fox and co are having a stab at the new administration under the guise of loving their country.
When Glen beck cries those fake tears he reminds me of a sexual predator, who's just been stopped by police with a dead hooker in the trunk. "But officer I love my country so much the fema camps made me do it" lol

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

This guy lost me when he started knocking Fox News because of how people look.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Why would you hate him because he is Republican? The man is entitled to belong to any political party he wants.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

It has been widely documented that voters, specifically liberals since the interviews were from people who voted Obama, could not tell the difference between actual quotes from Obama, Palin, McCain, and Biden versus skits done on SNL, quotes from the Daily Show and The Colbert Report. How do you expect a voter to make an intelligent decision when they don't know real news from comedy!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I can't stand him because he's trying to make a name for himself on the misery of 9/11 victim's families, after he said:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal

Why would you hate him because he is Republican? The man is entitled to belong to any political party he wants.

nobody is saying he can't......if he wants to hate someone simply because he's republican.....he's entitled to that opinion.

You have your entitlements mixed up. Anyone is "entitled" to belong to any group they want. But they're also entitled to criticism for membership.

Can't have your cake and eat it too, bub.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
People don't like him for 3 reasons.

1- he is a mouth-piece
2- he cryes
3- he is republican

1-YES

2-NO

3-NO

The only strong point you made here was point 1. I believe that he is indeed a mouth piece. Stating what he is TOLD to state. At times I like what he is saying but I simply don't get that feeling of 'truth' from him. I feel that he wants to say more and is holding back on things.

One point in fact was about the FEMA camps. At one point he stated that he cannot disprove this theory. Then he comes out on his TV show and says that they are not real and then whispers (I was told to say that) as if mocking the conspiracy theorists that question the camps. This is why I don't 'trust' him.

I'm not quite to the point of 'dislike'. Not like with O'Reilly and Hannity. I absolutely distrust and despise those two and I'm a conservative! They are loud mouths that will only say what they are told to say. They won't listen to anything others bring to the table and will constantly cut people off. If you do that in my book you simply don't deserve a show like they have. But the reason Fox keeps them is for that. Their point of view gets the spotlight and the opposition gets cut off.

So, Beck is kind of on the fence for me. I don't know what to think. I just don't trust him. Or any other mouth piece for that matter.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Did you listen to what he said? He said that he hates the victims of 9-11 and Katrina that are/were only complaining and the complete focus that was on New Orleans while it was only a minuscule portion of the total disaster area.

If we were all honest with ourselves, we would probably say the same thing too. I know there was a point that I was sick and tired of hearing nothing about 9/11 and Katrina 24/7.

It should probably also be noted that the meaning of "hate" has been diluted considerably over the last years and colloquially it's adopted a new defintion. When people use hate today, it usually expresses dislike. For example, my wife and I are walking down Mittelstraße here in our town. Some obnoxious teenagers walk by yelling swear words and just being obnoxious. I turn to my wife and say, "Gosh, I hate teenagers." I don't mean that in the way that the KKK feels towards blacks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join