It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian Search Crews find bodies of Air France AF447

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

all luggage has tags on it to insure it is tracked through baggage handling areas and doesn't just turn up on a plane to Zimbabwe. My luggage in the closet has tags on it from my last plane trip.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

I'll tell you what strkes me as odd here:

including a suitcase with a plane ticket.

When was the last time you flew and kept your ticket with your suitcase?

It may well be a mistranslation and probably they mean something like a briefcase or travel bag - rather than a large suitcase which obviously would have been in the hold and would not be a good place to leave the documents you need to board the aircraft.

Though I'm sure some conspiracists will pick on this to prove that a) it's a conspiracy and b) either those faking the evidence are incredibly incompetent or else they think we're all idiots. Which is possible of course - but I'll defer opinion until it can be shown exactly what the 'suitcase' is.

Edit: just seen uncommon-sense's comment - and yes, that's much more likely to be what is meant!

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

Would have thought it was more likely that the ticket was inside a briefcase rather than a suitcase? could be just a translation problem?

It says a "bag"; I presume it´s some kind of hand luggage

[edit on 6-6-2009 by marmt]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
06/06/2009 - -- 14h23 14h23
FP collects DNA from family members to identify victims of accidents with Airbus

Experts from the Federal Police picked this Saturday saliva, hair and blood of relatives of victims of the Air France flight 447

translate.google.com... &sl=pt&tl=en&history_state0=

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Would have thought it was more likely that the ticket was inside a briefcase rather than a suitcase? could be just a translation problem?

Yeah that crossed my mind too, we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by marmt

It says a "bag"; I presume it´s some kind of hand luggage

[edit on 6-6-2009 by marmt]

I'm just quoting from the BBC, I guess as the info filters out to news organisations it gets distorted somewhat, I'l check it later.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
06/06/2009 - -- 14h56

The site of French newspaper "Le Figaro" says one of the two bodies recovered Saturday in the Atlantic by Air was trapped in the seat and brought the ticket for boarding.

The Air Force confirmed today that rescued bodies of passengers and pieces of the Airbus-330 disappeared after takeoff from Rio to Paris.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Relatives feel relieved with recovery of bodies, representative says

After six days of anguish, relatives of passengers who were on Flight 447, Air France, received with relief the news that two bodies were recovered on the morning of Saturday (6).

Information is the lawyer Marco Tulio Moreno, whose parents were on the plane. According to him, the news was given by officers of the Navy and Air around 12:40.

"I received the news as best as possible, because we were all very distressed. Now we have evidence of what happened to the plane. This decreases the anxiety of us all. Some embraced, others wept, but the feeling is of relief after all those days without response, "he said.

The lawyer said, also were not informed that data on age, status or characteristics that were found the bodies.According to him, the family now seek to know what happened to the plane during the flight to Paris. Túlio Marco said that the trouble will be the cause of the accident.

"We hope that the causes for the accident are discovered as soon as possible. We are all concerned and hope it ends soon. I am happy for this result today, the happiest family of bodies that appeared, "he added.

translate.google.com... PARENTES%2BSE%2BSENTEM%2BALIVIADOS%2BCOM%2BRESGASTE%2BDE%2BCORPOS%2BDIZ%2BREPRESENTANTE.html&sl=pt&tl=en&history_state0=

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
According to Globo (Brazilian media), what was found was a backpack (mochila) with a vaccination card and a briefcase (pasta), at least that is how I think they should be translated.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"We are waiting for that Air France is the seat aircraft. But the color is the aircraft of Air France," explained the colonel.

As for the ticket, Amaral pointed out, no doubt.

"It was confirmed with Air France the number of the ticket reservation. It was passed to the Air France and was quoted a name on the list because we have not had a ratio of passengers missing," adding.

"The name coincided with the name that was found in this case."

The search continues in the afternoon this Saturday. Around 19h, the FAB will be another press conference to give details of the searches.

translate.google.com... corpos-destrocos-de-aviao-da-air-france-756229130.asp&sl=pt&tl=en&history_state0=

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wow, This story gets weirder everyday. I still want to know what happened to the "supposed" 23 foot section of plane they brought up this week. Was it just a journalist trying to beat a deadline or something. Really weird, I now can't find that news article. If someone else has it let me know.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It was confirmed with Air France that the ticket number corresponds to a passenger on the flight," he told The Associated
Fox says the ticket was in a briefcase.

Would the ticket not be wet and blurred being in the water for that length of time? Maybe a good watertight, fireproof type case, but you'd think that would have floated.

So, we don't know the condition of the bodies. They have been in water and sun for several days now, or if under water, probably eaten on by predatory fish, sharks, whatever. And the currents would move them as well, would they not? I am wondering if this is an area previously searched? So, my question is how close would they be or rather how far away could they be from the crash site? In most cases, if a body is dead when it hits the water it will first float, then sink, bloat with gasses then rise again. If one is alive when first in the water then they would inhale the water, sink, bloat then float. Unless of course they were trapped in a part of the plane and eventually pushed out by currents or the movement of plane wreckage moved by currents.

And I wonder if body parts (some articles said body parts and others say bodies) are because they were blown up in an explosion or if they are intact and just victims of sea life. Don't mean to sound gory, but it would surely give a clue as to what happened to the plane.

[edit on 6/6/09 by opal13]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
CNN - Bodies Found

Now i'm one of the few people who believe this was a terrible accident as opposed to some conspiracy but the part that stands out is that they apparently found a briefcase with a plane ticket in and a reservation number. That just stinks of when they found the passport of the terrorist in 9/11. 3 or 4 days in the sea and you're telling me that no water has got into the briefcase and its still floating completely in tact. Also the fact that they can find a briefcase but not a plane? hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This reminds me of the lost series where they planted a fake airplane with dead bodies in the ocean just to confirm they found the real plane.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
CNN - Bodies Found

Now i'm one of the few people who believe this was a terrible accident as opposed to some conspiracy but the part that stands out is that they apparently found a briefcase with a plane ticket in and a reservation number. That just stinks of when they found the passport of the terrorist in 9/11. 3 or 4 days in the sea and you're telling me that no water has got into the briefcase and its still floating completely in tact. Also the fact that they can find a briefcase but not a plane? hmmmm.

Exactly what I was thinking. They found briefcase with ticket but no plane? Just like that 9/11 miracle passport.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The area where they found the bodies is more or less half way between Brazil and Cape Verde.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/46ed2c62aaf02efa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
228 people on board and they only found two bodies and a briefcase with a plane ticket conveniently inside. Ok. They never did release the full passenger list, did they? If not, we'll never know if these two bodies ever set foot on flight A447.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
How casual to find an Air France ticket !
Makes me think about a story I have heard about a passport found in the rubble of a building hit by a plane. Where was it again ? I can't remember...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm not getting why people think it is odd to find the guys ticket in his briefcase, should the ticket just magically vanish? They normally come in those little plastic envelope things so that will help in keeping the water out. Briefcases are also normally pretty air tight so water won't easily get inside.

It's good that bodies are starting to be found, the more progress the better. I hope they find the flight recorders because I really want to know how so many things went wrong in the 15 minutes leading up to the crash. My money is on severe turbulence.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't think it is odd that they found a ticket in a briefcase.

I think the thing that strikes me as unlikely is that out of all the wreckage, luggage, equipment, etc. that should be out there that one of the few items they happened to find was a briefcase with a ticket in it. Considering how vast an area it is, to me that seems surprising. I wish I had access to statistics on what is usually the first things found from plane crashes.

Also, an oxygen mask? For it to be alone, it would have had to have been deployed and ripped out right? Seems like they are providing just enough for people to draw their own conclusions that it went down by technical failure or weather problems.

Always seem to be given just enough information. I'll be surprised if we get much more. I think they'll try to brush this under the rug.

At this point it is almost impossible to know what the truth of this whole thing is, and I doubt I'll ever feel confident I know.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join