It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

www.timesonline.co.uk

The Israeli military is preparing itself to launch a massive aerial assault on Iran's nuclear facilities within days of being given the go-ahead by its new government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Two nationwide civil defence drills will help to prepare the public for the retaliation that Israel could face.

“Israel wants to know that if its forces were given the green light they could strike at Iran in a matter of days, even hours. They are making preparations on every level for this eventuality. The message to Iran is that the threat is not just words,” one senior defence official told The Times.

Do you think they would seek or even get Americas approval as suggested?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Oh for god's sakes...

I've been hearing this same line reiterated since 2006, when people were foaming at the mouth claiming WW3 was only days away.

Spare me.

Israel doesn't take a dump without first consulting with Washington and there's no way Obama is authorising anything on Iran right now.

If Bush said "no" in 2008, what makes anyone think Obama is going to in good conscience, authorise an unprovoked tactical strike on Iran?

[edit on 17/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Israel, is really in a bad position, if they go attacking Iran, they are going to get it from every side man.. Not to mention, Attacking Iran, will more then defiantly piss us off, as in the USA. Who knows, but I think they would be really asking for it if they go bombing Iran, right now.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Israel doesn't take a dump without first consulting with Washington and there's no way Obama is authorising anything on Iran right now.

If Bush said "no" in 2008, what makes anyone think Obama is going to in good conscience, authorise an unprovoked tactical strike on Iran?

I don't think Israel consults with Washington very much. If anything, it's the other way around. More accurately I think, is the fact that both Israel and Washington dance to any tune the banksters who rule this planet decide to play.

In their lack of wisdom, I'm almost certain the dark lords are indeed going to attack Iran and for no legitimate reason whatsoever. But in their black minds, there is a reason and whatever it is, it's certainly for their own gain and no other reason.

If the bastards do this, I'm going to experience a whole new degree of anger I've never experienced so far in my life. I mean, the banking cabal who funded both world wars have pissded me off big time, but this is gonna put me over the top. And I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I doubt there are very many Americans who would be if favor of this, but guess what.... if the bankers decide America is going to enter into another war, America is going to enter into another war. Period!

And it won't even be the fault of the American people, but once again they will suffer all the wrath and hatred the world can muster. Especially the muslim world. And yes, it is gonna happen. Obama's phony extending the hand of friendship was just a distraction, to make it look like Iran didn't accept. Iran did accept. I don't think the bastards were counting on that, but.... they don't really care either way. Iran is gonna get blasted and of course they'll retaliate. It's all in the plan.

I just hope everyone understands that it is the people who own Israel and Washington who are calling the shots here. It's not the Israeli people. It's not the American people. And it's certainly not the innocent Iranian people who, by the way, have every right in the world to have nuclear power if they want to.

I hope I live long enough to see these Rothschilds, Rockefellers... the whole damned inbred evil banking cabal hanging from a thousand trees. Hell it was even Jay Rockefeller who said their family would be better off if the internet had never been developed. No kidding Jay, you brain you. BTW, no doubt it's Jay Rockefeller who is the thrust behind the slow insidious program to silence the internet. It's already happening. Look at Australia.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The article goes on to say that President Obama would have to green light the attack. The reason they use is that the mission would include at least one refueling and flying within close proximity to Iraq and Jordan.

Am I wrong or will this attack on nuclear facilites expose cores and trigger a Chernobyl type event?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

It also says at the end

Once they have a bomb it will be too late, and Israel will have no choice to strike — with or without America,” an official from the Israeli Defence Ministry said.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't know, they have done it before, they're likely to do it again.
Israel is right now the most dangerous terrorist nation, they have been
continuously breaking all international laws for many years, they have
caused so much unwarranted death and destruction, I don't think the
USA can control them much longer. They're like a loose cannon without
any morals or restraints, they have over three hundred nuclear missiles,
and no country is more likely to use nuclear warheads than Israel now.

Israel attacking other countries because of their alleged nuclear program,
is one of the most hypocritical situations on this planet, almost laughable
if it wasn't so disgusting. It's beyond me why there hasn't been placed
a world wide embargo on Israel yet.

[edit on (17/4/09) by Wehali]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

I don't think Israel consults with Washington very much.

I really beg to differ.

You don't realise how intrinsically linked Israel is to America.

Without Washington's approval you can bet your bottom dollar they wouldn't be getting anywhere near the $6.4 billion dollars in "aid' they get every single year, in the future.

He added that it was unlikely that Israel would carry out the attack without receiving at least tacit approval from America, which has struck a more reconciliatory tone in dealing with Iran under its new administration.

Not to mention to attack Iran, Israel would have to go through Iraqi airspace and that's something they're simply not going to be able to do on their own without approval.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I agree the Israeli rhetoric carries some weight. This drawn out saga is coming to a head with the introduction of nuclear capabilities. Neither side is going to back down without some serious diplomacy and President Obama's scheduled June trip may be a day late and a dollar short. Freakin powder keg over there, and were not far behind.

reply to post by komp_uk

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Quite honestly,

when I saw the new government come to be in Israel, I felt a chill go up my spine. If anyone will do something stupid, it will be Netanyahu. I am just hoping our feelings are just paranoia. The Middle Eastern deserts are going to eventually be filled with blood, its just to unstable there, and no one gets along. I dunno what else to write about it. Israel will do themselves no good bombing Iran, thou. No good at all, all those country's are just looking for reason to get them outta there lands. I would not be surprised if Iran, has a nuke hidden just for that occasion. I dunno, its a negative thing to discuss. Its Friday night.. This is a time to let this worry about itself in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

The Middle Eastern deserts are going to eventually be filled with blood, its just to unstable there, and no one gets along. I dunno what else to write about it. Israel will do themselves no good bombing Iran, thou.

No one's denying that, the question simply remains, will they go at it alone without US support, and if so, how most importantly.

The IAF lacks the required "ground & pound" and SEAD capabilities to be able to actually make a dent in any of Iran's enrichment facilities (no nuclear bunker-busters, no GBU's, no dedicated CAS aircraft), not to mention, they will be facing an extensive SAM network covering almost all of Iran's sensitive sites that could prove devastating for a solely airborne attack.

It really doesn't make sense for Israel tactically, to approach this problem alone, if they seriously intend to.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You know what the thing that makes me laugh the most about this Iran saga? The way Israel and the West detail all their elaborate plans for every Tom, Dick and Harry to see.

Why would any sane thinking administration let their target/enemy know that they were planning an attack? What does this achieve by releasing such information? It only puts Iran on full alert. It allows them to plan their defence and retaliation. Maybe that's what Israel want, there own little Pearl Harbour.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They'll go it alone if they have to. Self preservation, national pride and protectionism requires it for them. If they don't have the bunker busters and ground penetration technology I bet they have strategic nuclear/micro nukes. TCOB

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Am I wrong or will this attack on nuclear facilites expose cores and trigger a Chernobyl type event?

Yes. It would be devastating and would send a radiation cloud above Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and even China. I'm sure they wouldn't like that.

Bombing a WORKING nuclear powerplant is MUCH MUCH worse than bombing a non-working one (Osirak) or even nuking a city. For example, the bomb that fell on Nagasaki, Fat Man, contained only 13 pounds of plutonium, only 20% of it fissionned... so let's say a maximum of 13 pounds of radioactive material is released in the air. For info, the Russians sent 85 TONS of nuclear fuel to be used at Bushehr.

A nuclear power plant is much bigger... At Tchernobyl, a 3 200 MWe nuclear power plant, affected an area of 200.000 km2, everyone had to be evacuated and nobody can live there for a very long time.

Now let's say they strike Bushehr, a 915 MWe nuclear power plant, if everything is equal, it would affect an area of 57 188 km2... and millions of people will have to be evacuated, not to mention the thousands who will probably die burrying the nuclear power plant core under thousands of tons of sand.

That's why I thought they would attack Iran before Bushehr was online because doing it while it's working is just atrocious and I would consider that a warcrime. So I hope Israel don't bomb it because it's gonna be horrible. Radiation last hundreds of years and is everywhere.

If you attack Iran, DON'T BOMB BUSHERH.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I know you have all heard the same old story that Israel is ready to strike, And it's true they have to be battle ready. But if you think they will not do anything you are forgetting one thing. Well a few in fact.

Firstly Israel has Benjamin Netanyahu back in power. To say the least about him. He’s not going to take any S#&T from anyone.

2nd
uring the Gulf war the US had to plead With Israel not to get involved when Saddam was shooting Missiles at them. So they agreed that the U.S will put the Patriot Missile as a defense up and we would take care of the problem and we all know how SUCK!cesful the Patriot was.

But as you said things are different now. Obama is not going to help out Israel as they were helped in the past. So this means they'll have to do it themselves.

Two weeks ago I read an article where Israel Pleaded to the U.N saying that the Iran Problem is also a European Problem, and a global problem, Not just Israel's. This shows me that they are trying to get someone else to sort out Iran. But no one is standing up.

I believe that they will attack the facility before the end of the summer this year. WHY! Because they cannot risk sitting around waiting for other countries to have meetings getting nowhere. This issue is already a few years old; Once they have a Bomb it's tickets.

You might not have heard that in November 2007 Israel jets bombed a Syrian facility that resembled a nuclear facility. The Satellite facility showed Korean works at the Plant.

They are more than Capable of doing it, they just trying to find the Best Diplomatic way, or rather someone else to do the dirty work because of their sensitive situation in the Middle East.

The Clock is ticking….Tick Tock……

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

At Tchernobyl, a 3 200 MWe nuclear power plant, affected an area of 200.000 km2, everyone had to be evacuated and nobody can live there for a very long time.

Minor correction, Chernobyl was a 3.2Gigawatt plant and contained 4 graphite-moderated reactors compared to Iran's VVER heavy-water reactors producing 915MW.

These are far, far more stable and less prone to to the release of radioactive material in the event of containment failure due to the spray steam suppression system and double-enveloping steel and concrete containment building.

That's why I thought they would attack Iran before Bushehr was online

Bushehr isn't online, Russia still hasn't finished construction and so far the only thing going on there currently is reactor testing.

There's nothing to suggest it's operational.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to
post by The Godfather of Conspira

Man I'm so out of my league here but very interested. Sharkbait confirmed my fears with the radioactive fallout of an attack on a online plant. Question, Bushehr is not online yet but it's testing, doesn't that mean the fuel rods are in place making it a holocaust target?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

so your sayin that Israel went to the Un to seek an alternative solution ?

The same Israel that defied the UN request countless times for countless

reasons

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I hear ya. That is the question. the obama, admin, IS trying to strengthen ties, with Iran, at least that is what I am getting from the MSM, prop.

ahem, while I am watchng one of the best movies ever the "ABYSS" I was thinking, Israel, has better military technology then Iran, if its a arms race their in with IRAN, they have the upper hand. Evan, if Iran, wanted to achieve nuclear tech, they have the defenses to stop it. So why would they want to attack Iran? Why would they want to bring such a unpredictable situation? they would be better off just waiting for trouble to come to them. As far as the US, getting involved, hmmm perhaps with arms, but man that would drag Iraq, into the fray as well, and it would make us have to really choose a side. Pissing us off would destroy their trade with us, and most of their IMPORTS come from us.. I don't really see such a strike.. If so, it would be a mistake... Anyhow good night for now guys..

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Adrifter]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join