It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIp Hop as Sublime Message?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The culture has grown increasingly large. Its getting into everything. Any1 heard of Public Enemy? Maybe they knew about NWO and mostly alot of stuff. What about the Emcee, "Canibus"? Any1 wanna do a favor and keep this going? I got the idea, I just can't put it in words at this moment. Trying to configure everything out.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
get your thoughts together but please don't let this be a "blame hiphop for America's problems" thread.

could it be you are just surprised that rappers are intelligent and do read and know about conpiracies and the NWO?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Nyr, we know about the NWO. Personally, I don't believe the vast conspiracy through time and nations idea, but I'm aware of the theories. Would that mean I'm part of it because I know of it? Sounds like you know of it, too...So does World Watcher. I guess we're all in on it, but just don't know eachother yet...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Blaming hip hop huh? There are many people who are into rock and metal, blame that.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
get your thoughts together but please don't let this be a "blame hiphop for America's problems" thread.

could it be you are just surprised that rappers are intelligent and do read and know about conpiracies and the NWO?

that's true, world watcher and I agree with you about some talented musicians such as Mos Def.

for example:

Anyone recognize the song "New World Water" by that great artist? Quite a nice song... and catchy, too!

on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if SOME (not all) hip hop artists are working as part of the old MK-Ultra research programs. And not ONLY hiphop artists do this, but lots of artists who play pop, new age, heavy metal... you name it...

so basically what I am saying is that these kinds of psyops are not limited to hip hop and rap; they span the genre and chances are if they are famous, they are part of the program to spoil the youthful generations' minds.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Black on Both Sides is one of the greatest hiphop CDs ever made. I've replace it several times. Hey, maybe that's a conspiracy too. The NWO doesn't want me to bump Mos Def.

No seriously, I think Hiphop is popular right now because it's fun. The heavier hiphop isn't popular, but the Nelly's and Luda's get a gang of airplay. People like to dance and have a good time. It really doesn't have much to do with the NWO. Groups like PE aren't really part of the whole rap explosion. They are considered underground. Cannibus...my god...he's no where near above ground.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
non phixion has a lot of nwo references, and if you want something not to bad try mr. lif, he seems to know what hes talking about.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Public Enemy was one of the first hip hop/rap whatever genre you decide to p ut the in, they wre the first to be both immensly popular AND talk about the issues.

But Hip-Hop as a sublime message?

i doubt it. Look at the thousands of hip hop groups, then take the number of political ones out of that. The ratio is severly warped. I mean, its the same with any genre. Lookat political rock bands, political soul, political punk, political techno for crying out loud!

There are talented musicians in every field. Honestly, I'd rather put in a good ska album or one of my Miles Davis vinyls than pop in a public enemy record, but that doesn't mean I don't respect the music .

Butdevising a theory considering that hip-Hop is some NWO Conspiracy is ill informed.

But when, in the original post, did he say anything about blaming hip hop for the worlds problems? What? Where'd that come from??

[Edited on 4-16-04 by Scat]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You are trying to isolate hip-hop as a subliminal image.

Alot of the things you see effect the way you act subconsiously. If a giant red cube hit you as a kid you will probably have a fear of giant red cubes. Even if you don't remember the incident.

Small kids take in everything they here. This says who you are because the things you are told as a kid are the things you except without any thought. Pratically anything is subliminal when you are a kid.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Listen to Dead Prez they talk about the gouverment cover up s in thier songs sometimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think hip hop plays a great part of whats to come in the future. This IS the Age of Enlightenement.

Our generation is not corrupt. TRUE SOME ARE! But there is a bigger purpose for even this "corruptedness". Because we are breaking free from the control. We are now becoming freer thinkers. Also, hip hop lets you speak of anything, since, its mostly speech, with rhyme. So you can write a whole #ing essay just making sure it rhymes, and you can get a very clear message across to the world.

Yes, some hip hop is good, yes some is bad, but look at the BIGGER PICTURE, like what part hip hop plays in this life. I think it made humanity change, people became more outspoken with hip hop.

Just my opinion. And I dno't listen to much hip hop, except for the ones that are underground, those are the good ones, because they actually rap about things that are MEANINGFUL. The commercial hip hop thats out these days adds with the control and manipulation. But if it wasn't for the follks who started hip hop, we wouldn't have those that DID rap about things that are meaningful. Forget the negative, look at the whole picture, the positive parts.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ya underground hip hop is the best and alota canadain hip hop is good to. All that s**it 50 cent and ludacris you see every day is stupid. Groups like Dialated peoples and Kanye west are better.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
dam i dont wanna post my last post again.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Chronic7, that's your opinion. I like Luda, he's silly on his records...its straight feel good music. Everything doesn't have to have message in my opinion. When hiphop has a message--it's dope, no doubt, but to love hiphop you have to take the good with the bad.

I don't care too much for Fifty but you can't hate his skill. A artist can only write what he or she knows. If they don't know anything other than money cash ho's then that's what they are going to write about.

I use to haaaaate Jay Z. But, I always give emcees a chance. I'm lovin the Black Album. So...you can't just shut everybody off because they aren't saying what you want them to say. They might suprise you.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
anyone notice the author of the thread hasn't returned to clarify what he or she was trying to say about hip hop as a sublime message yet? but yet we continue to discuss this

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Music goes through spurts like that. There's always a genre that is more popular than the others and gets massive radio and video play. early to mid-90s it was alt-rock, late 90s it seemed to be the boy bands, britney spears, etc. Now it's hiphop.

I like a lot of hiphop, but I can't really get into much of the newer stuff. Public Enemy have some kicka$$ tracks, though, and so does KRS-1. Dead Prez aren't too bad, either. I agree, for the most part underground bands are more enjoyable... there seems to be more heart and passion, but some of the more popular stuff is just catchy, it can stick with you in a different way.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
How can hip hop/metal/rock/whatever be the source of the problem? i don't see the logic in it. And how can public enemy be the result of the NWO
my music is metal and i can't really see bands like cradle of filth,Cold,KoRn,etc or even rappers to blame.
This just doesn't seem logically to me

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have also noticed some hip hop artists (it's probably not just hip hop artits, but other artists as well) that talked about some "conspiracy related" idea in thier songs. But I don't think there's any big conspiracy behind it, or a subliminal message neither. The only one I have in mind right now is

Pharoahe Monch - Agent Orange

It's a phat song BTW. Great when in a car with good subs. Here's some of 'em lyrics.

"Pissed on the mother#ing White House lawn
I threw a rock, then I ran
Cause I couldn't stand anymore within the grip of the man
Y'all wanna ask me who's sane
These biological gasses are eating my brain
Its a political grab bag to rape mother earth
Thirty seconds after they bagged dad for what he's worth
Thousands will die now so millions can smile later
This ain't the +Rockford Files+ nigga
They stockpile data for satellites
Where you discuss who's style is greater
In this killing pool you playing it cool like Kyle Jada
When ya'll ready to rock like Led Zep and Al Qaeda
With weapons of mass destruction an hour later
What's your identidy today?
You on some John F. Kennedy or Timothy McVeigh?
This Henessy done left me with a remedy to spray
For my identity your life is the penalty to pay"

(The entire song lyrics)

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Great song.

I think there are some others like it... let me think..

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There's quite afew, most rappers do it for attention so they can make more money. The more controversial, the more attention equals more money. Just simple logic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join