It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TR-3B nuclear powered flying triangle

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
Outstanding demonstrations by Professor Eric Laithwaite, though no mention of what they have to do with the topic of this thread like Ed Fouche's fictional TR3B.

a reply to: Jukiodone
You're reaching so far with that train of thought, I hope you don't pull or strain something.

The first artificial quasicrystal was made accidentally in 1945 in the Trinity test, and some natural quasicrystals were found in a meteorite:

Scientists create world's most amazingly difficult maze

Only three natural quasicrystals have ever been found, all in the same Siberian meteorite. The first artificial quasicrystal was created accidentally in the 1945 Trinity Test, the atomic bomb explosion dramatized in the film Oppenheimer.

I have seen no evidence that LM's lattice is "apparently working" as you say. Seems they have made some lofty claims about LENR or fusion reactors they have failed to realize. I was excited at first, but now I'm skeptical.

The bigger stretch is the inference that when they say "metamaterials", they might be referring to quasicrystals. Don't quasicrystals comprise just a small fraction of the available types of metamaterials? I wouldn't rule out that metamaterial applications might lead to something along the lines of LENR, but I still have a lot of skepticism after noting that LM has apparently failed to live up to its claims and predictions about its portable fusion reactors.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Outstanding demonstrations by Professor Eric Laithwaite, though no mention of what they have to do with the topic of this thread like Ed Fouche's fictional TR3B.

There were posts in here by those that thought magnetism/electromagnetism was involved in this make-believe craft. I thought they might like to see some real science.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification.

That context wasn't self-evident before your clarification, so that explanation helps.

edit on 202475 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join