It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Cigar Shaped 'Spaceships' In The Solar System? Try Debunking This!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I'm afraid that one appears to be a solar balloon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike, Is there a possibility that some of these cigar UFOs that are seen around Saturn's rings are part of the rings?

Like a thicker area of dust and debris.

If it is a craft of some sort, all that debris would tear up our space craft if they passed through it. Seems mighty dangerous to position themselves there.

Of course these craft may be able to withstand such conditions.

Which brings me to my next question, Why would they plonk themselves there? Maybe to collect minerals/particles for some reason?

Oh and this picture might interest you as well:

It shows ripples being form from the gravitational pull of Prometheus as it travels past.

I know it's not a cylinder UFO but interesting none the less!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The cigar above Mars is clearly the Eye of Sauron!

Mars is Middle Earth!

OMG its all clear to me now!!!!

Clearly Frodo did not make it to Mount Doom!

Time for a new thread!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
ever heard of the nazi ufo theory? well we all know of the "foo fighters" popping up in ww2 and the stories of the nazis being months from fielding their new generation of weapon systems.
some stories say the cigars were nazi u-boats fitted with the propulsion systems they experimented with in saucers.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Now for the bombshell!

Scientists cannot explain all observed features. The current dilemma facing scientists is that Cassini is detecting extended objects like those pictured here.

Who's doing the suppressing around here? Why didn't you provide the the full and original quote (and actual source)?

While the shepherd moon Prometheus is the main culprit behind the strange behavior of Saturn’s F ring, it cannot explain all observed features. The current dilemma facing scientists is that Cassini is detecting extended objects – like those pictured here – that may be either solid moons or just loose clumps of particles within the ring. ciclops.org...

It goes on to say:

Structures like knots and clumps within the F ring often are transient, appearing and then disappearing within months. Repeated observation of the objects seen in this region hopefully will give scientists firm evidence about whether these features are actual moons that disturb the material around them or perhaps the short-lived products of interactions between the F ring and larger moons such as Prometheus.

Well, ALL these images cannot be just trashed as CCD glitches, dust, ice, overexposure, shutter speeds and so on. Even if one of them is unexplainable, then there’s something going on in the Solar System! Yes, the truth is out there!

An unexplained thing is not the same as unexplainable. The clumps in the rings of Saturn are not fully understood but to go from one unexplained thing to the claim that there are enormous ships within the Solar System, which are being ignored by science or hidden (badly), is quite a stretch.

BTW, the Phobos II "object"? Internos covered that quite thoroughly here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
The cigar above Mars is clearly the Eye of Sauron!

Mars is Middle Earth!

OMG its all clear to me now!!!!

Clearly Frodo did not make it to Mount Doom!

Time for a new thread!

OMG. You need to get the movie rights too. And the merchandising not to forget. LOL

Any ideas about the date of the movie release?

Greetings

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Sorry to play devils advocate here, but is it correct to call those objects "alien spaceships?"

I mean I believe that there are certainly some weird things flying around up there that we haven't been able to adequately explain, but I would just classify them as UFO's, not "alien spacecraft."

You have some cool pictures OP, but I don't think I can agree that what they show is undeniably alien. ( as much as I want them to be)

BTW - I always like your posts Mike, they're very well presented and captivating.

Keep on keeping on.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Some pretty good explanations of these objects so far.
I've always been suspicious of the claim of a cylindrical object measuring hundreds of miles in length.
While I'm open to the possibility that such things occur at some level in our own Solar System, I can't phathom the resources, time, expertise, etc, etc required to build an interplanetary ship that measures even a mere 2 miles in length, let alone one that measures as wide as a State.

Good post though, Mike.

Edit to Add - The best evidence I've seen of the Cylindrical Objects was a video similar to this one, (I'm having trouble finding the video I'm specifically thinking of) that shows a pilot chasing one. I think it was a Russian video... If anyone can find it, I would appreciate it.
www.youtube.com...

In the video I was thinking of, the object is quite clearly shown beneath the pilot and moves away at speeds that were JUST ABOVE impossible for the Jet. Didn't shoot out of frame, but slowly accelerated out. Good video.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Didn't Gary McKinnon find a photo of a cigar shaped craft on NASA's computers?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ManaByte

This is what Gary McKinnon said in an interview with "Wired":

My dialup 56K connection was very slow trying to download one of these picture files. As this was happening, I had remote control of their desktop, and by adjusting it to 4-bit color and low screen resolution, I was able to briefly see one of these pictures. It was a silvery, cigar-shaped object with geodesic spheres on either side. There were no visible seams or riveting. There was no reference to the size of the object and the picture was taken presumably by a satellite looking down on it. The object didn't look manmade or anything like what we have created. Because I was using a Java application, I could only get a screenshot of the picture -- it did not go into my temporary internet files. At my crowning moment, someone at NASA discovered what I was doing and I was disconnected.

I also got access to Excel spreadsheets. One was titled "Non-Terrestrial Officers." It contained names and ranks of U.S. Air Force personnel who are not registered anywhere else. It also contained information about ship-to-ship transfers, but I've never seen the names of these ships noted anywhere else.

Read the full interview here:
www.wired.com...

Procect Camelot has also interviewed Gary McKinnon:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by merka
I havent looked closer at it all, but this:

Definetly look like out of focus equipment...

Yeah! I think so too, but there's an uncanny resemblance to the object photographed by Armstrong on the Moon.

It seems to be in the same area, but with a decade between the photographs!!

Cheers!

exact same photo just color/contrast adjusted and turned 90 degrees.

-

LOLOLOLOLOLOL No It's NOT !!!! Try again buddy. there are things in the first pic that are not in the second so it is OBVIOUSLY not the same pic. try again.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

That is the same pic, take a look at the post some pages ago.

Edit to do this:

[edit on 15-2-2009 by atrofi]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Edit to Add - The best evidence I've seen of the Cylindrical Objects was a video similar to this one, (I'm having trouble finding the video I'm specifically thinking of) that shows a pilot chasing one. I think it was a Russian video... If anyone can find it, I would appreciate it.

Hi Jay-in-AR, perhaps you meant this one.

Russian Jets following a UFO.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by atrofi

I believe it was ZiggyStar who pointed out that those anomalies in those photos are very likely to be caused by the Camera capturing a boom-arm outside of the probe.
Therefore, they would look very similar, but aren't necessarily the same photos. I'm more likely to believe that they were taken 10 years apart, as the OP mentioned, but that they both capture the same device on camera... A part of the probe itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Yep, that's the one. Thanks for that.
Good footage, IMO.
About the best I've seen for a cylindrical object.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Looks the same to me.
Here:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Could it be? Mr. Hanky?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Salvatore_Rubberface

What are you even doing here?
Please... Grow up.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by atrofi

It's obvious that it is the same photo, but because someone has that photo on his site saying that it was taken by Neil Armstrong then it must be true.

Some people believe anything...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join