It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Eventually, science and spirituality will mix....this will be the age of reason. God is order and shows us this through science. The strict divisions of religions will slowly dim and people will come to see the unity between all things, our different wills will blend into a spiritual order. Something like that...

I do think though, it will take great catastrophes and personally catalysts for this to happen. Bad brings good....it seems this is a order of it all. Darkness brings the light because it gives something for the light to shine 'through'.

I am probably making no sense now
but that is my personal take. We will evolve spiritually. Our thoughts as a unite are recycling and sifting just as our own individual thoughts recycle and sift through life.

Most religions tell people to worry about their own salvation. Salvation comes though, by living for others, becoming the beckon of light, not just observing it. And salvation, to my, in opinion, is not a good word to use to describe what we are to strive for.

Just my thoughts
LV

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Religion in schools reminds me of the movie "The Water Boy", where Adam Sandler goes to college and answers all the questions with things like "Mamma says crocidiles are angry cause they got alll those teeth and no tooth brush". So wrong, but believed so blindly.

Religious teachings in regards to science is detramental to a childs development and reasoning. How you gonna get a job in a lab, when you believe in creation and invisible men

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Islamic schools exist. Jewish schools exist. The pupils taught at all denominational schools receive educations based upon beliefs held and proscribed in those holy books as well as religous tradition.

Yet there isn't a similar renewed interest in debunking these religions nor their methods and practice for disseminating their faith.

That Christianity holds strong the right to free will, invites and respects challenge from non Christians.

All moves to insert religion into science classes in public schools should be and are challenged. And if you don't believe that Islam and Judaism haven't been debunked your view is just being blocked by sand in front of your eyes.

If you want to send your kids to a religion-based/biased school, go for it. It means they won't be able to compete as well with the kids who received a real science education. Educational Darwinism.

Yet there isn't a similar renewed interest in debunking these religions nor their methods and practice for disseminating their faith.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Eventually, science and spirituality will mix....this will be the age of reason. God is order and shows us this through science. The strict divisions of religions will slowly dim and people will come to see the unity between all things, our different wills will blend into a spiritual order. Something like that...

I do think though, it will take great catastrophes and personally catalysts for this to happen. Bad brings good....it seems this is a order of it all. Darkness brings the light because it gives something for the light to shine 'through'.

I am probably making no sense now
but that is my personal take. We will evolve spiritually. Our thoughts as a unite are recycling and sifting just as our own individual thoughts recycle and sift through life.

Most religions tell people to worry about their own salvation. Salvation comes though, by living for others, becoming the beckon of light, not just observing it. And salvation, to my, in opinion, is not a good word to use to describe what we are to strive for.

Just my thoughts
LV

Another reason for the increase in Christianity debunking threads is that whilst there are many people who believe humanity can acheive peace and understanding without direct intervention of God, Christianity preaches that only God, in the person Jesus Christ, can do this.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
That is why the idea's within the bible are stagnating for our purpose, potential and awakening as a unite....but for the individual mind complex, the orthodox belief seems sufficient.

The middle man is good enough....but to realize, you and the middle man are ONE....then you understand the middle man is you.

There are die hards that will cling to the broad road because it provides them with a safety net and this comforts them. But there are many souls here now that are ready for the next step to heal the sphere and their other selves.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Because we have to hear everywhere (at least in the US) that christianity is the only truth. Even when I talk to my "pagan" friends, speaking against jesus is wrong.

There is this oppression felt by people who aren't christian because our world is being manipulated by christians and other religions very similar to christianity.

This is suppose to be a site about conspiracies and people trying to take over the world. You don't think that its odd that the war we are fighting is in the name of the Christian God and that christianity has doomed us to never have peace and to think anyone who brings peace is the anti christ?

Not to mention all of the evidence that Jesus was actually the anti christ of the bible (I personally believe that the bible is a work of fiction but I have read it many times prior to that realisation).

I have read the 'book' (bible) 2 times all the way through and have read the books that were taken out. For those of you who haven't, here is a review of what the hidden gospels say and why the roman catholic church took them out.

Having children is the only sin because it is the flesh itself that is sin therefore anyone who is alive on the earth and procreating is commiting the ultimate sin and is going to the outer darkness (hell isn't mentioned). It also says that Jesus kissed Mary Magdalene. This is importnat because it states in the same gospels that the divine procreate through kissing. Which would mean Your Jesus has:

1. Created through being divine which means he has forfeit his place as the messiah by commiting the ultimate sin,
2. Damned all of civilization to death because procreation has been deemed "wrong".

Contrary to popular belief, electricity was invented before modern man and the manipulation of gravity was used in the pagan temples also. Aquaducts were lost.

A Christian's goal in life is to be resurrected from the dead and be with Jesus. According to Merriem webster's dictionary, Zombie means the following:

The supernatural power that according to voodoo belief may enter into and reanimate a dead body
b: a will-less and speechless human in the West Indies capable only of automatic movement who is held to have died and been supernaturally reanimated
2 a: a person held to resemble the so-called walking dead ; especially : automaton b: a person markedly strange in appearance or behavior
3: a mixed drink made of several kinds of rum, liqueur, and fruit juice
— zom·bie·like ..-bē-ˌlīk.. adjective

So Jesus is a zombie by definition.

Revelations 1:5

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the FIRST BEGOTTEN OF THE DEAD, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.

For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. (1 Corinthians 15:13-18)

Jesus was hideously tortured for me? What about all the asatru men and women crucified hideously? And they are documented and we have archaeological proof that they existed and were crucified. Can you provide archaeological evidence that Jesus Christ was real and was crucified other than the bible (which has been proven historically inaccurate many times)? Because the only documented Jesus of Nazareth in the Roman documents was the Governor of Jerusalem and he wasn't crucified. Romans kept steady track of the people they crucified. It has also been scientifically proven that someone being crucified cannot speak because the fluid in their lungs builds up too quickly.

I would like to quote again from revelations:

16 I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

He is called the "bright and morning star". Interestingly enough that is also a nickname for Lucifer. The morning star is also a reference to the phaorohs of egypt.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lucifer is defined by yahoo! education:
The archangel cast from heaven for leading the revolt of the angels; Satan.
The planet Venus in its appearance as the morning star.
lucifer, A friction match.

Isaiah 14:12

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Your Jesus destroyed the temple of God...

Matthew 26:61
And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

Matthew 27:40
And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

...?

John 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Getting people to do his dirty work...

Daniel talking about the anti christ...

Daniel 8:25
And through HIS POLICY also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

No one except people of israeli decent can worship the Lord? What race are you?

Ezra 4:1-3

1Now when the adversaries of Judah and Benjamin heard that the children of the captivity builded the temple unto the LORD GOD OF ISRAEL;

2Then they came to Zerubbabel, and to the chief of the fathers, and said unto them, Let us build with you: for we seek your God, as ye do; and we do sacrifice unto him since the days of Esarhaddon king of Assur, which brought us up hither.

3But Zerubbabel, and Jeshua, and the rest of the chief of the fathers of Israel, said unto them, Ye have nothing to do with us to build an house unto our God;

Isaiah 30:15
For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel;

Declaring himself the son of God in the temple of God...

28Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.

29But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

A dream about the anti christ...

2 Thessalonians 2:4

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

My religion doesn't indicate that I cannot judge whom I will. Unfortunately for you, yours does. My Gods and Goddesses withstood the crusaders of your religion and of your God and have proven to sprout more truth than the bible nearly everyone in this state preaches. If you knew your book you would kill witches on site and know that when your God comes for you and humanity, he comes to kill you. He comes to cleanse the world of it beauty. Christians are always so negative about everything.

"The anti christ will bring peace and prosperity."

"The anti christ will use logic but if you have enough faith you wont believe him."

What saddens me is the bible is worshipped by people who could be successful, but have been taught that a successful life and having money is wrong. They have been taught that learning anything that conflicts with the bible is wrong, and must be the work of their Satan.

Every religion has miracles, but christianity believes that everyone elses miracles are the devil's works. If you are tolerant to Pagans, you aren't following the bible and you (according to your bible) will not be going to that shiny place of servitude you call heaven and I call muspelheim.

I believe that humanity deserves to survive and that even though we are 'flawed', it doesn't mean we should be wiped out. Your God says he believes in free choice and pro life. But abortion is wrong and humanity will always be flawed in all of christian's eyes. Does everyone deserve to die because an angry, vindictive, jealous, power hungry God says so? How can Christians believe that they are the special people of the planet? Its narcassistic.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Not to mention the fact that Yeshua and Yahweh are the only ones out of all religions to say not to condone to other religions because only They are right. I don't think any statue of Buddha (The 5th Buddha will be Anti-Christ MAITREYA) or Confucius or Hindu etc. ever claimed to be right. There are many religions out there, but who ever said God ever organized a religion in the first place? Jesus taught about the last days and The Kingdom, not being in a denomination.

EDIT

You can't see swine flu but its there. God is not visible nor can he be proven through scientific analysis. However these same scientists are the ones that made the flu, and you're trusting them? I don't disagree with science at all and I don't say anyone is wrong. I just add to it. Codes however can be proved mathematically, logistically, and scientific analysis. Explain why the skeptics can't make a whole sentence out of monkey texts that isn't skip 1. You really can't explain that. I've seen the best paper against the codes out there and it's 7 terms with 1 in 10,000 chance in War and Peace. The best matrices from pro codes stasticians far exceed 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000 X10 to the x power and most terms relate to the surface text in which it is embedded, and in complete sentences and dates. Its almost like a 1st God view of our world. (Can't say 1st person as that would be like a lie or something degrading to the Divine Yahweh.)

[edit on 30-4-2009 by watchtheashes]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by watchtheashes]

The Bible codes are RUBBISH repeat RUBBISH they did the same with "Moby Dick" and that had as many prophecies as the bible
Should we all worship a great white whale
God doesn't exist the devil doesn't exist MAN greated god in fact lots of them
www.lowchensaustralia.com...

and they are all BULLCOOKIES!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Living a successful life and having money is not wrong, but the modern LOVE OF MONEY is what's wrong. Just look at swine flu. Business is more important than people's lives these days. It doesn't take faith In Yeshua to at least see that from a non-religious perspective. I'm only offensive(by position like offense defense) when the other person is offensive by attack. I try not to offend those of no religion or other ones when explaining my beliefs. Part of those beliefs requires telling others however of the good news of the Kingdom of God. Who doesn't want that? Paradise for the pure.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

www.biblecodedigest.com...

Well now that that's put behind us may we repent in the name of Jesus? Its proof skeptics cannot find codes like in the Bible in Moby Dick. On top of that the pro-codesman use Moby Dick as a CONTROL. There you go.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

"Yet there isn't a similar renewed interest in debunking these religions nor their methods and practice for disseminating their faith."

Really? Are you sure you're not just hyperfocusing on your own religion to the exclusion of the others? Because "going one god further" doesn't specify WHICH god. They're all fabrications and myths.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Gawdzilla]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This discussion will never end. You have two camps of opinions.

1. Those who know what God is.

2. And the once who don't know what God is.

The once who don't know what God is would only think of God as a magician. They think God is a person who points a magic wand and makes things appear from nothing. That's because they talk about things they have no clue about.

The Bible speaks of God as being energy. You would have to read to figure that one out.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Another reason these threads exist (And there is proof in my thread):

Christians DERAILING topics. Using thier "proof" to hide the real topics.

This causes more topics to be created, to sift through the preaching and 'shady tactics'.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

"The Bible speaks of God as being energy. You would have to read to figure that one out. "

The Bronze Age goat-herders were conversant with "energy"? They had degrees in physics, maybe? Or were they just making pretty word pictures?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Living a successful life and having money is not wrong, but the modern LOVE OF MONEY is what's wrong. Just look at swine flu. Business is more important than people's lives these days. It doesn't take faith In Yeshua to at least see that from a non-religious perspective. I'm only offensive(by position like offense defense) when the other person is offensive by attack. I try not to offend those of no religion or other ones when explaining my beliefs. Part of those beliefs requires telling others however of the good news of the Kingdom of God. Who doesn't want that? Paradise for the pure.

You're happiness is not everyone else's. That is the problem with religion. It is this thought that everyone thinks the same and enjoys the same things. Some people don't like what you like.

I don't like thinking that paradise is only for people who think one religion is right. i believe happiness is for everyone, however they see fit. Even if I don't agree with them, all creation deserves to live and be happy.

The Kingdom of your God is not appealing to me. I couldn't just sit around and do nothing but praise him all day. And your paradise doesn't allow for growth but for fulfilled stagnation.

That's just not happiness for me. Interesting enough I follow the nine noble virtues very strongly but it isn't because I want a paradise that is only attainable through one outlet. It is because it is what makes me happy.

Everyone should do what makes them happy. But know that there are always natural consequences to every act (good or bad). I knew someone would pop off with "what if you want to kill" rhetoric.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Lady_Munin]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by distortion9
Major turnoff...

By no means do I want or expect free thought and/or opinion to be restricted because it offends me. But, IMHO there is an anti Christian, anti American vibe here that keeps me from posting. To be frank, it makes me sick.

It's a strange world where the trend is to be more sympathetic towards radical Muslims than to conservative Christians....quite prophetic too.

There is definitely an anti Christian, anti American vibe on this board, and it makes me sick, also. It is a very evil, sickening, creepy feeling, and I recognize some of these posters from other message boards. When I first came to this board a few years ago, it was not like this at all. We could speak freely about aliens, conspiracies, paranormal topics, with very little sarcasm. These rude people break the flow and vibe of interesting topics. Instead of talking about interesting paranormal phenomena, I spend most of my time on here defending Christianity! Still a great board to be able to speak freely about many topics, and hey, you know what? "No weapon formed against us shall prosper!!!"

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why does no one accept that there might just be something to this amazing blue planet? I provide evidence the way I do because it is a great way to show the evidence. On the contrary I don't say anyone is wrong. The other side says we're wrong. I agree with all your scientific knowledge and sources (aka filtered Illuminati information and incomplete) but I simply put purpose behind it. The science can only explain HOW it happened not WHY it happened.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was just reading through some of these posts, and I don't understand how anyone can think that Christianity is boring. Please read about some of the people who have died and gone to heaven or hell, and then they came back to life. The ones that went to hell saw Hitler, and begged for one drop of water, or were physically attacked, or burning, etc. The ones who went to Heaven felt so peaceful, that they didn't want to come back to earth, and saw beautiful heavenly things, and saw their relatives or Jesus, or angels, etc. I pray that I have an eternal life in Heaven, and I pray that you can find it in your heart to accept Jesus, so that you will have a beautiful, peaceful, eternal life after your earthly death!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

"Please read about some of the people who have died and gone to heaven or hell, and then they came back to life. "

Were these people anything other than delusional? Can you prove they weren't? Or do you accept their stories on "faith"? If so, why? Because you're conditioned to believe such things? You're programmed to think in religious terms?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Thank you for debunking all religion, rather than focus on Christianity.

Why do you think there has been an increase in the debunking of Christianity at ATS (as per the OP)?

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46 >>

join