It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding your guns and ammo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Assuming a really, really prepared group who would be using metal detectors, I'd have a chamber underneath where I park my car.

That way, the detectors will not work, even if they think to check.

or bury tin cans and old car parts in shallow graves all around the cache. Drives metal detector operators nuts.

nenothtu out

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by exfed

Originally posted by pennance
i would bury mine.... in my assailants chest, bayonet first.

I like you already!

It just occured to me that THEY would never expect me to bury them in THEIR back yards. Maybe I can even hide them under the DHS Secretaries bed.

DAMMIT! You took my hiding space...

nenothtu out

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just a thought but wont you be up for some sort of charges if you dont have the guns registered to you anymore?

Pisses me off that i cannot even have one here in the UK so i dont blame you for wanting to hold onto them.

Thing is if i was to get hold of a gun here & got caught with it its an instant 5 yrs + i would be looked upon as scum of the earth!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There should never be a reason that you would ever have to hide one.

If they're sitting there, hidden away in a box, that's the only thing they're going to do until you're able to retrieve them. The harder it is for others to find them, (More often than not.) the harder it will be for you to get to them again.

If you do decide to hide them, all I can say is be creative. Take everything you've ever heard about it, throw all that out the window, and find the hiding spots that are left. That'll do you much better I think.

Mine, in the mean time, will be stored safely and well cared for (Cleaned and oiled every 2-3 months), yet easy to get to should I need to use them to defend my family and home, or just want to take them out with family and friends and fire off a few rounds.

In the end, they're nothing more than a tool to use for a job that needs doing. None of my other tools do any good to me sitting in my toolbox. In my hand is the only place they can do their job.

They're not used often, but it's nice to have it handy when you need it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If SHTF keep your weapons loaded and reachable at all times. Digging for or reloading will get your butt shot off. Once more well maintained,loaded, and handy will make the difference. If they are hidden, well I guess its too late.PEACE

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
First off let me start out by giving "THEM" my address, full name, SSN, and favorite romantic movie! Ok well now you know who I am, where I am, all my financial history, and what movie I am going to be watching when you guys show up at my house for my guns while I am trying to get some, why not just tell you where all my guns are. Under my willow tree but look out for th tripwire
They can pry my guns ou of my cold dead hands because that is where they are gonna be when they come and attempt to get them.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Mine will be hidin in plain site one in each hand but if you really must hide them dont bury them it would take to much time digging them up plus what if somebody watches you bury them they could dig them up and you would be sh*t out of luck.Hide them in a hollowed out part of a tree nobody would find them with a metal detector as they aint holding them up in the air

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Exfed, the problem is it wont be as easy as you think it will. What happens if they arrest you and your family and won't release you untill you reveal where your weapons are. If they do ban them and I think they will its not like your going to get a polite invite to hand them over.

If the PTB think a civil war/revolusion is comming don't you think they will get tough real tough. Would it not be better to form into militia groups now. There is strengh in numbers and the more groups there are the harder it will be to part you from your weapons. Sooner or later there will be open armed confrontation its a given. So it would be best to be part of a large militia would it not.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Papa Sierra
...Hide them in a hollowed out part of a tree nobody would find them with a metal detector as they aint holding them up in the air

I detect on a regular basis...don't hide them in a tree...I WILL find them. Most detectorists I know check every hollow tree they search around.

TheWelder

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I detect on a regular basis...don't hide them in a tree...I WILL find them. Most detectorists I know check every hollow tree they search around.

TheWelder

sorry did not mean at the base of trees but up in the branches 10+ft in the air guess i should have said that but hey if you climb trees to check them out thats dedication. Have plenty of trees in my yard that have hollow spots in the branches so if i real did need to hide my toys thats better then burying them can climb 20-30 ft faster than digging 3ft

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Papa Sierra

sorry did not mean at the base of trees but up in the branches 10+ft in the air guess i should have said that but hey if you climb trees to check them out thats dedication. Have plenty of trees in my yard that have hollow spots in the branches so if i real did need to hide my toys thats better then burying them can climb 20-30 ft faster than digging 3ft

I got ya. Heres some info for you,

I always go as high as I can, lets say 8ft for my arm, + 4ft for my detector plus another 1-2ft for my coils field. Make sure you're 12-14ft up and you should be fine.

Realistically, if you were to bury them, anything deeper than 2ft and you should be fine too. While a good machine will pick it up if set correctly, by the point you've turned the sensitivity up that high, you will have your machine falsing like crazy and will be digging empty holes everywhere you swing your coil.(this is assuming the detectorist is not using one of the brand new PI(pulse induction) machines) Which I have not personally used, but people are reporting incredible depths with them, 1 1/2- 2+ft on a coin!

Now if the searcher is using a "2 box" machine, you better put it 20+ ft in the air or just about as deep in the ground. A 2box unit requires no special techniques other than just walking along to obtain those depths on a target the size of a firearm

TheWelder

*edit to correct quote*

[edit on 22-2-2009 by TheWelder]

[edit on 22-2-2009 by TheWelder]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Dumb question, why hide your guns?

There's a very good reason that freedom of speech and of the press, and the right to bear arms are numbers 1 & 2 in the US Constitution Bill of Rights. Number 2 is the only thing that guarantees number 1, as well as the rest of our rights.

If there's one thing that petty tyrants fear, it's a well informed and well armed citizenry.

And what history has clearly shown us is that the first thing all authoritarian dictatorships do when they take power, is to disarm the general population. (They hate it when you shoot back). And then they make citizens slaves of the welfare state.

Think it can't happen here in the U.S.? Did you listen carefully to Obama's speech tonight?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A piece of 5,6,7 or 8" PVC pipe with end caps works very well. Remember tro put some dessicant in the container and oil it well and wrap it in a oil type cloth. Same for the ammo.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i would put them next to the beer, read my avatar...tisk tisk...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrea46
A piece of 5,6,7 or 8" PVC pipe with end caps works very well. Remember tro put some dessicant in the container and oil it well and wrap it in a oil type cloth. Same for the ammo.

you definetly don't want to add oil to any centerfired primed ammo, it will kill the primers totally. no bang bang

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't have to worry about that, my weapons were lost in a boating accident.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
the only way mine are going to be buried is if they are buried with me.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

A guy who registers 1/28/09 asking "Hey, where and how would you hide your guns?".

Nope, nothing suspicious here. Move along people.

Edit to add: NEVER, EVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER, ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE THAT ON THE INTERNET.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by sir_chancealot]

I understand your point, but the problem is that anyone who would care if you answered the question would know that you looked at the question

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join