It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hollow earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That's a hole in the clouds, but it is indeed strange.

They say it's because of warm and cold air coming together, but it only happens in that region....

Here another tunnel-link:

paranormal.about.com...

GRAND CANYON MYSTERY

The April 5, 1909 edition of The Phoenix Gazette carried a story entitled "Explorations in Grand Canyon." According to the article, a man named G.E. Kinkaid made an astonishing discovery while on an expedition, sponsored by the Smithsonian Institute, in the Grand Canyon. Among his findings:

A mammoth chamber about 1,480 feet underground from which radiates dozens of passageways "like the spokes of a wheel."
Several hundred rooms, some of which contain artifacts such as weapons and copper instruments of a kind that have never been known to be native to the Americas.
A crypt containing mummies - all adult males - wrapped in a bark fabric.
A shrine containing a Buddha-like idol sitting cross-legged with a lotus flower in each hand.
Stone tablets on which are carved mysterious Egyptian-like hieroglyphics.
The article also mentions a legend of the Hopi Indians that says their ancestors once lived in an underworld in the Grand Canyon.

CRUMF BURIAL CAVE

In 1892, Frank Burns of the U.S. Geological Survey reported that he found strange coffins in the Crunf Cave along the southern branch of the Warrior River in Murphy's Valley, Alabama. The wooden coffins appeared to be hollowed out by fire, then chiseled with stone or copper tools. Each coffin was 7.5 feet long, 14 to 18 inches wide, and 6 to 7 inches deep. The lids were open on each empty coffin. The specimens were sent to the Smithsonian, which suggested the coffins might actually be troughs. In any case, the museum lost the artifacts.

TUNNEL NETWORK UNDER CALIFORNIA

According to an article entitled "California Floats On Ocean?" in the Fall 1985 edition of Search magazine, a high-ranking but unnamed Naval officer told of the discovery of a huge network of tunnels under portions of the west coast of the U.S. He said that U.S. nuclear submarines had explored some of these tunnels, which are accessible just off the continental shelf, and had followed them inland for several hundred miles. Here are more highlights of this incredible claim:

What is being passed off as the San Andreas Fault are actually large, unsupported chambers that are in the process of collapsing.
A well-known U.S. Nuclear submarine lost its way in one of the passages and was never heard from again. (Two U.S. nuclear submarines have disappeared under mysterious circumstances - the U.S.S. Thresher and the U.S.S. Scorpion.)
Some of California is actually floating on the ocean. When oil companies began pumping oil from beneath the city of Long Beach, it began to sink - up to 26 feet before the pumping was stopped.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Um, one pic of some meteorlogical phenomenom does not a theory or justification make....

Especially when a met person could possibly give an easy answer to it.

Its akin to hearing thunder and thinking Thor is riding across the heavens.

I think we have grown out of that medieval mindset...

Bring on some REAL evidence!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
very interesting article + grand canyon mystery article

www.onelight.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
WOW check out this fact filled documentary about the center of the earth!!!
Kick starting the earths core .... hang on there isn't one .... is there?

www.eonline.com...

The Core follows a group of NASA "terranauts" who, upon discovering that the planet's inner core is about to stop rotating, burrow deep into the earth's interior to detonate a nuclear device that they hope will get the planet spinning again and avert catastrophe.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That article is also bogus.

They know exactly where the Thresher and the Scorpion are and have been monitoring them for decades (for radiation from the weaponry):

www.ibiblio.org... ry/navy/USN_sub_losses.txt

They're impossible to recover, but they know where the subs lie.

And there's no gigantic cavern under the Grand Canyon. It would have collapsed by now and we'd all know about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Netty, even though I have the greatest respect for you, I must say, you would never make it as a scientist with that religiously closed mind.

What I dont understand is why you fight so feverishly to defend the non-exsistance of the hollow earth. Why do you feel it is your God given duty to dispell the reality of this? what do you have to gain by diverting everyones attention from this area? Are you afraid someone might find something up there?

So, thousands of people go up there searching for the hole, and you want to protect them from a myth? LOL Why wast your time? Dont you think it is something they can find out for themselves? Or are you afraid, they might find it's not a myth after all. What do you care? Are you a closet Mason? LOL

The hole is not at the north pole. It is aprox 300 miles due north of Barrow Alaska. I mean, if it isnt a myth LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have great difficulty understanding why this topic is even being discussed in 2003.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yup winston, some people hold strange views ... break a window get 7 years bad luck, black cats crossing your path are unlucky .... there are holes at the ends of the earth which are entrances to the interior.....

Billy, I am not "diverting peoples attention from it" I am trying to see if ANYONE has any evidence, that stands up FOR it.

If I just shut up, as you want me to, then it is a silent assent that there is something there, but it is just ludacrous (sp) akin to pink elephants in the Gin crazy.

So I shall not remain silent I shall yell out to the emperor that he has no clothes. There are too many niave impresionable kids on the board to let it lie, 'bout time they woke up to the reality and realised that santa claus and the hole DO NOT EXIST.

Kids see the reality for what it is, give up your fantasies and go and smoke some crack or something to cope with reality like adults do .....

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
so in this "Hollow Earth" idea what do they say about the tectonic plates? and the gravity of the Earth?

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Billy according to your own map 300miles North of Barrow places the hole squarly (or roundly) in the middle of the Beaufort Sea, or on th edge of the Chucki sea, all the same really....

What is it about water and holes?

YES!!

Water tends to flow down them.... you can't have a hole in the middle of a sea

www.makecashonline.com...

thus drowns another childhood fable....

... unless its this ... www.hitime.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hollow earth theories say the gravity is in the earths crust.

That would be the reason why you can walk there.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I live in Kentucky and have been through mammoth caves many times... Haven't seen any holes that lead to a center earth??? However if I find one you guys will be the first to know..hehe

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I must admit, many of the stories about entrances, are myth, made up by the Masons as divertions.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Netty, netty, netty. In this thread you have seen the images from space, you have been directed to Olafs, and Admral Byrds story, you have been shown the wide area of the Beaufort Sea, and Chucki sea. What proof do you require before you start to look at the subject with a open mind?

It seems the United States Govenment itself has concedded to the truth of it by issuing a pattent on the hollow earth theory.

UNITED STATES PATENT 1096102

What more do you want? Are you now going to say the U.S. Government is insain?

On November 25, 1912 Marshall B. Gardner of Aurora, Kane County, Illinois, USA, submitted his discovery application to the United States Patent Office. 18 months later, on May 12,1914, this federal agency granted Mr. Gardner United States patent 1096102, the second most important scientific document ever issued. Its scientific significance is exceeded only by the mechanical flight discovery of Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903. For reasons which even Mr. Gardner could not have fully anticipated in the early 1900s, and which are now abundantly clear, his discovery soon became the most highly classified military secret of all time."
"

[Edited on 5-2-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
this is interesting

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
no its not, this theory is well past its use by date ... circa 1940

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
What more do you want? Are you now going to say the U.S. Government is insain?

I'll say it...THE US GOVERNMENT IS INSANE!

What? Haven't you been seeing the evidence for this? The evidence has been disseminated all over the world already: Don't you keep up with current events? Isn't that enough proof for you?

As for me, I'm sticking with the "no feasable evidence" side of the fence as far as this "hollow Earth" theory goes. Interesting fiction...Yes, lots of *sci-fi authors* have used that theory in *fiction* stories in the 60's...

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey guys, I have been studying the hollow earth theory for some years, and I hate to say it, its not true... I am a geologist, and there is mountains of information to support that the core is a very very dense solid mass.

Now, there is always a grain of truth in any myth.... and this is it...

There are caverns galore in the continental crust, and some evidence that there may be in the oceanic crust, although much smaller and likely not able to support any kind of a livable environment. However, we also have seismic data indicating that at around 300-500 km depth, there are some coherent structures in the mantel.... it was previously thought that at that depth, the heat and pressure would be great enough that nothing could retain any kind of structural integrity... but we have at least 3 structures of some type, over 600 km in length each. However, again, due to the depth, pressure, and temperature, I would hold NO hope that these are any kind of livable caverns.

Now, we do know that the Cabal has built very extensive networks of underground bunkers and cities at great depths (but still within the continental crust). See Alternative 2, in my post the Plan. There is evidence that they have tapped into a natural cavern network.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Until a thing has been completely explored, as long as there is an "unknown," humans will wonder about it. I think that's part of human nature, like we need to have something to wonder about.

Dragonrider -
Can you give us any good examples of why the hollow earth theory is false?
And just out of curiosity, how do you geologists test the temperature that far down? I know we haven't drilled that far.
Any thoughts on the tunnel networks of our ancestors?

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hello again....

Before I start off, just want to issue a little appendix... I am not a geophysicist, or a structural geologist, the guys that deal with extreme depth or extreme subsurface structures... I actually got my degree in petroleum geology, and have a good deal of experience in environmental issues as well... for comparison, that is like saying that a brain surgeon and a podiatrist should know everything about health because they are both doctors.... just to let you know....

But, on to the subject: some very basic information regarding the inner core structure of the planet....

First of all, in the 1960s, we did attempt to drill, not to the core, but through the crust and into the mantel. This was known as Project MoHo (for the Mohorovic Discontinuity, a massive density differential, similar to the difference between water and solid rock, occuring between the crust and the upper mantel).

Project Moho involved the construction of the at the time most advanced drill ship in the world, the Glomar Explorer (Not to be confused by the Glomar Challenger, which was built by the Navy in an attempt to salvage a sunken Russian submarine). The Glomar Explorer found a spot over a mid ocean ridge and began to drill, in hopes to penetrating the oceanic crust and studying the structure of the upper mantel. A mid ocean (spreading) ridge was considered because oceanic crust is much thinner than continental crust, and because at a mid ocean ridge, the crust is stretched thin and a mantel plume extends upward. At the proposed drill site, it was estimated to be possible to penetrate the mantel within 50-75 km (on land, it would have been hundreds of km)

The Glomar Explorer was not able to penetrate more than 6.7 (11 km) miles into oceanic crust. At that depth, the pressure and temperature was so high that the drill head (the best carbide steel available!) litterally began to melt. Temperatures in excess of 1100 C were recorded, and still within the crust. Project MoHo was abandoned.

A few other bits of information: Seismologists have for years been tracking earthquakes and other seismic events across the globe, often using instruments (seismographs and geophones) in thier own backyards. This is possible due to very well known laws of physics... Whenever an earthquake happens on the other side of the planet, vibration/compression waves propogate through the interior of the planet, a solid... such events are tracked by triangulating 2 different types of compression waves, P and S waves that have different transmission properties in different parts of the mantel/core. (IE, ever been to the beach, pick up two rocks, bang them together in the air, listen to the sound, then bang them together underwater with your ears underwater? It sounds louder underwater because the water is denser, and conducts the sound better than the air does). Essentially, seismographs just flat out could not work if the earth was hollow.

Also, someone stated that the hollow earth theory indicated gravity to be concentrated in the crust, and therefore you would have a *reverse* gravity on the inside of the planet.... if you study physics, for this to be true, the entire mass of our planet would have to be concentrated within just a 100 km or so of crust thickness the entire diameter of the planet... for this to happen, the crust would have to be composed of extremely dense material (probably some form of dark matter, or other relativistic type of matter, that has never been observed on earth before). We currently have NO evidence to support anything like this. In addition, if this were true, with all mass concentrated in a relatively thin crust in a hollow sphere, there is no physical way that the planet could support itself. There would be severe structural faults and rifting, and the entire planet would break apart and form a new asteroid belt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join