It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is corrupt. (sound reasoning)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Sad and pathetic attempt to reach for a deep philisophical conversation...

Let me try along your lines.

God is Love.
Love is blind.
Stevie wonder is God.

Wow.

So do you disagree that knowledge=power? What about God=all knowing? Absolute power=corruption?

In order for my original assumption that God is corrupt to be incorrect, you would have to disagree with at least one of the above statements.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No, the human mind which cannot conceive of god is corrupt. I would not bother too much with the biblical god. The only thing of real value in the bible, if you are able to dig it out, is Jesus' true message, which is that everything IS love. You, me, the rock, the tree, all of it. If you are genuinely interested in god, investigate the corruption in your own mind, see that the ego, by its very nature, is corrupt.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It (God) is only corrupt because it's Everything.

So It's also the opposite of corrupt, and also the duality of the two, each really implying the other even when they are seemingly separate.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

becarefull of walking in the fields, some rabbit holes you may not have enough rope to get out of, Alice...

if you believe god is absolutely corrupt (meaning in control of everything) then who came up with the question?

every living thing exists within the living god the same way the living god exists within every living thing

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The problem (in my opinion) is the fact that throughout human history more and more peoples' interpretation of the "Holy Books" have been to anthropomorphise God.

it started with jealousy, then went to spite, then went to kindness and love...all human traits.

next thing you know, in a couple hundred years, they are going to depict him with 2pac and Notorious B.I.G. slappin hoes and rockin out with his pants under his butt and gold chains around his neck...

O_E

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
God created man in his own image. Therefore it is reasonable to assume he is just like us but with absolute knowledge.

He gave us free will, we made the wrong choice in Genesis. I think you are confusing 'image' with 'choice'. Once we ate from the tree of knowledge......well, you can take it from here.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Look_Again

Just curious, what reasons do you have for believing a Christian mythology as opposed to a Greek mythology, for example? Is it just because you were born and raised in a Christian time and place?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Because God created a being to which it could give its love. Power amplifies you could say, humans are born as animal and receivers. Our born nature is to love ourselves and screw others, unless we find it convient to ourselves to help/love them. God, it goes without saying, doesn't have the same "taking" nature as beasts/people. God is giving and wants to create a being and bring it to its utmost happiness.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

If God created MAN in His Image....the God is a Man,a male.
God Created Adam in His image...Eve was created from Man.

God Took FLESH and became man...The Son Of God...the Son of God took on human flesh and became incarnate as the God-man Jesus Christ,
it became possible to portray the glory of God incarnate.
"Blessed are the eyes which see what you see!" (Luke10:23)....

For the Lord first said: "Let Us make man in Our Image,
after Our Likeness..." [Gen. 1:26].
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life" [Gen. 3:7].

The Lord created man by a special act: He first created the body, and then breathed into it the "breath of life," i.e. he instilled in it as it were a portion of His Divine Essence. That is why in the Psalm [Ps. 82:6 KJV/81:6 Septuagint], the Prophet David has God say about people: "I have said, ye are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High." The Incarnate Lord Jesus Christ Himself confirmed the Truth of those words to the Jews who were prepared to stone Him to death, accusing Him of making Himself equal to God by calling God his Father. The Lord replied to them thus: "Is it not written in your law, I said, 'Ye are gods' and the scripture cannot be broken?" [John 10:34-35].
SOURCE

God the Lord has appeared to men in the flesh, that men have seen Him with their own eyes, touched Him with their hands, have beheld the victory and glory of the Only Begotten Son of God (John 1:1 14,1 John 1:1-31.... reverent worship of what is for man's mind the incomprehensible union of the divine and human, which led to the birth of Him who has no beginning, the death of Him who is immortal, and life beyond the grave." (pp.7-8)
SOURCE

ICXC NIKA
helen

<< 1  2   >>

join