It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mokele-mbembe video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
One of the things I would suggest is to first discover
all the 'regular' inhabitants of this lake area, something
tells me this is a legend that's mixed between the
hippopotamus and the white rhino that inhabits the jungle
area there.

Remember, this is a creature WE want to find, not the natives
of that part of the Congo.
I also believe they don't drink Umbongo there.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've seen the 1992 Japanese film crew clip a few times on a syndicated Freeview channel - the last time within a year or so ago. The clip is in the second (as I recall) episode of a three-part documentary on the nature and wildlife of the Congo produced by the BBC. You can find out more at the following link:

en.wikipedia.org...(BBC_TV_series)

The re-runs would probably have been on the Freeview BBC3 or BBC4 channels.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Hermes2009]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've seen the 1992 Japanese film crew clip a few times on a syndicated Freeview channel - the last time within a year or so ago. The clip is in the second episode (Spirits of the Forest) of a three-part documentary on the nature and wildlife of the Congo produced by the BBC (2001). You can find out more at the following link:

en.wikipedia.org...(BBC_TV_series)

(If the page doesn't show, just search for 'BBC Congo' in Wikipedia and you'll find it.

The second episode is summarised thus:

2. Spirits of the Forest
The Biaka (Bayaka) and Baka pygmies of the northern Congo basin relate tales of the Mokèlé-mbèmbé, a legendary, dinosaur-like creature purportedly inhabiting the Lake Tele region of the Republic of the Congo (ROC). It is thought to feed on Landolphia, a type of liana. More mundane denizens of the ROC include moustached guenons, crowned guenons, red colobus monkeys, okapis and the blue duiker. Figs sustain great blue turacos, black mangabeys and various hornbills. The forests of Tanzania’s Gombe National Park support common chimpanzees and the bais of Dzanga-Sangha National Park in the Central African Republic support numbers of forest elephant. Other Congolese inhabitants featured include red river hogs, bongos, forest buffalo, orb-web spiders and colonial spiders. Returning again to the ROC, the Biaka are seen to expertly craft Portuguese-style crossbows and arrows made from seven different kinds of wood and other plants. Gorillas are again viewed at the Odzala National Park.

The re-runs would probably have been on the Freeview BBC3 or BBC4 channels.

The BBC may still hold copies, or be able to tell when if/when it's likely to be re-aired.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Hermes2009]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have seen the japanese one in helicopter like 6months ago, i cant remember where.
But it was just an excerp, just the few seconds showing the "giant snake" from quite far away.

Never seen this other one, i need it !

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It's probably the same excerpt clip. In this documentary, the Japanese footage is just a few seconds at range - not close enough to be anything more than suggestive.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies all! Let's keep this thread alive, I'm sure someone has the video!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ok, so i found the episode online of the BBC show and it does show about 30 seconds of the Tokyo footage (it was shot for Tokyo Broadcasting Systems Inc.) It Does look very believable they even did a close-up shot. Because I downloaded the episode (took 2 days) I can edit that part out and upload on youtube and link it here if you like? If you want me too please tell me, thanks

Brendone

EDIT: To be honest it looks more like an elephant or rhino, just Im not an Animal EXPERT.

sorry the orignal upload had low sound + a green block heres the new link www.youtube.com... (new vid has a link in the description to here, lol)

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Spadez2316]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spadez2316
Ok, so i found the episode online of the BBC show and it does show about 30 seconds of the Tokyo footage (it was shot for Tokyo Broadcasting Systems Inc.) It Does look very believable they even did a close-up shot. Because I downloaded the episode (took 2 days) I can edit that part out and upload on youtube and link it here if you like? If you want me too please tell me, thanks

Brendone

EDIT: To be honest it looks more like an elephant or rhino, just Im not an Animal EXPERT.

sorry the orignal upload had low sound + a green block heres the new link www.youtube.com... (new vid has a link in the description to here, lol)

Thank you sooooooooooo very much Spadez2316!!!! Yeah, I'm no animal expert as well but this does looks like an elephant or a rhio to me too. Let's continue the search for the footage that was shown on "That's Incredible", I'm sure that someone has it. Once again thank you for uploading the video Spadez2316!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by morbidity

Originally posted by Spadez2316

Brendone

Thank you sooooooooooo very much Spadez2316!!!! Yeah, I'm no animal expert as well but this does looks like an elephant or a rhio to me too. Let's continue the search for the footage that was shown on "That's Incredible", I'm sure that someone has it. Once again thank you for uploading the video Spadez2316!

Its an elephant, not a dinosaur. You made the correct guess. Elephants use their trunk as a snorkel to provide a constant source of air, which explains the "neck" at the front of the shape. The large body is characteristic of an elephant, and they large wake is obvious since large displacements of water create those kinds of wake. The lake probably isn't that deep, which would explain why the elephant would even swim in it to begin with when there's land all around it.

Next.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
After a long time spent searching I found out the episode of That's Incredible is episode 31.It is not episod 26.MSN.tv has the complete show listings numbered and detailed.I want to see this footage and hope this helps.I have been looking for episode 26 for nothing for a long long time.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
That's so obviously an elephant it's hilarious the BBC would pretend it was not.

Still this book is the BEST information on the mokele-mbembe.

findarticles.com...

No Mercy by O'Hanlon.

The author gives an amazing on the grounds expedition epic with all the background analysis. His conclusion -- it's a spirit creature, not a physical one.

Still as you read the book the physical realm becomes spiritual -- a waking dream -- and so -- does it really make a difference?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulser24
After a long time spent searching I found out the episode of That's Incredible is episode 31.It is not episod 26.MSN.tv has the complete show listings numbered and detailed.I want to see this footage and hope this helps.I have been looking for episode 26 for nothing for a long long time.

Well that's good to know, but where can we watch ANY episode of thats incredible. so far i haven't found any episode anywhere on the web.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am working on finding a copy now.I have no doubt it will finally be located.I have several good leads on where to fnd episodes of That's Incredible.My latest lead is a website that may have the show.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ok we're waiting then. Thanks for your efforts sulser24, thats much appriciated!

second line

[edit on 13-1-2010 by morbidity]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by morbidity

Hi Morbidity and Spadez! Big clap on the back to you both! I remember seeing this footage some 15 years ago and I have looked on the net for it on and off for 2 years now. Then I saw morbidity's first post and I joined this site just to reply and say keep looking because I could confirm that the footage existed. Then before posting I checked the last page of the thread and I am really grateful to Spadez (and Morbidity too) great work. Now lets bring in the beast so that everyone else will have this animal's existence proved to them. Thanks vt

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by vortigern5
reply to post by morbidity

Hi Morbidity and Spadez! Big clap on the back to you both! I remember seeing this footage some 15 years ago and I have looked on the net for it on and off for 2 years now. Then I saw morbidity's first post and I joined this site just to reply and say keep looking because I could confirm that the footage existed. Then before posting I checked the last page of the thread and I am really grateful to Spadez (and Morbidity too) great work. Now lets bring in the beast so that everyone else will have this animal's existence proved to them. Thanks vt

Thanks for the kind words vortigern5! Spadez did a great job for finally uploading the japanese crew footage. I wonder what sulser is doing with hopefully the video in question, waiting for his reply.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hello people, I've done a bit of digging on That's Incredible and may have something of a lead for you.
It appears the show is being re-run in the US on select Retro Television Network affiliates.
Here is a wiki link to the network
en.wikipedia.org...
I am not in the US so can't really get anymore than that, but maybe some of you sleuths out there can take this somewhere

[edit on 2-2-2010 by The Heed]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks The Heed, much appriciated!

Though I'm not in the US as well (Europe) so I have no idea how to watch the show

[edit on 3-2-2010 by morbidity]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That's incredible episode 31. Working on video.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Alright, here's the best I can do for you.

www.myretrotv.com...

That's incredible airs on Retro TV ABC. The episode you want is #31. I can't get ahold of a copy or a snippet or anything. But it isn't the japanese video. That much I'm aware of. Hope it helps.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join