It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things drop and disappear

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm sure other people have experienced this. The effect where you drop something and you don't hear it hit the ground (or maybe you do, but), it is simply gone. I think it's safe to say about 97% of these cases are just misplacement, or the object landing inside someone's shoe or something but there are some stories that seem unexplainable. This has happened to me about 3 times, including a rather large action figure when I was 8 or so. There was no place the object could've fallen unnoticed.

Anyone else get this and have any theories?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Born2Power

Congrats on what looks like your first posting. This is something I have never given any serious thought to, but maybe I oughtta.

I will follow this thread with interest...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS! I have never experianced this phenomona, but I will keep my eye on your threead to get more info as it becomes available!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
are you aware of manifestation? perhaps you have the ability to de-manifest objects. maybe you should concentrate and focus and try to drop things into oblivion.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thank you all. I hope we get some cool responses

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I get you.
I often say, "Must have fell into another dimension"
Nuts and bolts are famous for this.

I am sure they fall somewhere on the floor, but when you can't find the object that was dropped, what are you to think?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've had similar events too many times to count with small objects. I've had similar events with large items before, but it's not from dropping them. My baseball cap and wallet seem to get lost between dimensions every couple months.

The last time it happened, It was with my cap. I looked for over 15 minutes before losing my cool. I checked EVERYWHERE including my computer desk TWICE! Upon freaking out I walked in my room and it was sitting right in the middle of my desk in plain sight. It sent chills up my spine the second I saw it.

There was no way I missed it the first 2 times. It's almost as if something is hiding it from me just to see if I'll get mad and then gives it back when I do.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I remember a few times looking all over the place for something, like keys for instance, only to have said item magically appear right in my hand!

Strange!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soboro

What I wonder is if there is something going on here that may not be a paranormal phenomenon necessarily. We know that Neuro Linguistic Programming and such can trick the mind into perceiving things that are not there and vice versa. I wonder if the mind has certain shifts like this that happen spontaneously. Where it is right in front of us, we just literally can't see it.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Nope, haven't dropped anything that just disappeared but i did have the opposite happen. I remeber when i was 8 i had a cool Dukes of Hazard car (dinkytoy type). But when i looked for it one day i didn't find one but two!!...it doubled!!
My mother said i was prob. mistaken but this being my favorite toy at the time i knew i didn't have two......weird isn't it!!

Now i was thinking....did anybody drop a Dukes of Hazard car about 20 years ago and never found it back 'cause i prob. found it...

(ps: i'm not joking, this is for real....)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Is this syndrome kind of like the "magic bolt" theory? you know... Where I tear my motorcycle, car, truck or whatever apart and put it back together, but when I'm done, all the holes are filled, but there's always the extra bolt(s) left over... Damned not to know if those remaining bolts are important or not...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

That's very very interesting. It's possible if it came as one of those cereal toys that your parents bought another cereal box? Or was it not that type of toy?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Heck no, i remember making my two friends jealous because those things were hard to get by. It wasn't a collectors item but you'de have to wait for xmas or birthdays to get those toys.

I still have both of them by the way (good quality!!!)

[edit on 16/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Seriously this happens to my father quite often.

He's had things vanish and turn up in obscure places, he's had things vanish and had things turn up in obvious places many days later....

He's had a pyrex dish explode in his kitchen which scared the bejeesus out of him (the oven wasn't on)....

I used to think it was his old cottage as it was a bit creepy.

He once woke up to find his model railway track on his shelf all twisted and bent out of shape, he also returned back to his house after a day out to find his television had somehow turned on.

As i say i used to think it was the house, but when he re-married he moved away and similar things are happening in his new home.

For instance (trivial but creepy) he one day found that the washing machine wasn't working, so he checked BEHIND the kitchen unit (behind three drawers) and noticed somehow the switch had been switched off... Impossible considering it was only him and his wife who live there.

The weirdest thing was when a coin dropped into his car when he was driving home from work, both my Dad and his wife heard it clunk on something from somewhere....

As to what causes this?

I really dunno...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Nope, haven't dropped anything that just disappeared but i did have the opposite happen. I remeber when i was 8 i had a cool Dukes of Hazard car (dinkytoy type). But when i looked for it one day i didn't find one but two!!...it doubled!!
My mother said i was prob. mistaken but this being my favorite toy at the time i knew i didn't have two......weird isn't it!!

Now i was thinking....did anybody drop a Dukes of Hazard car about 20 years ago and never found it back 'cause i prob. found it...

(ps: i'm not joking, this is for real....)

Were they truly identical, such as having the same scratches?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Happens to me often. I get my Wife and she always finds it. I'm particularly bad with screws and such. No, you may not borrow my Wife to find things

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is 100% percent true.

BUT only with Guitar Picks

lol!!

It's soo weird. I drop them 100 times while watching, they fall within reach.
Look up, drop one, look down..

GONE!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

No no, they were the same toys but both were almost brand new. I can't remember looking for identical scratches etc. 'cause i was 8 years old and was just happy to have two instead of one.......

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yes!!! When I was about 9, my brother and I were bouncing a jackball in our dining room on tile. It bounced under our dining table and never was recoverd. We searched for about an hour but to no avail. LOL!!!

Good times!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Damn you it was mine and I want it back

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join