It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's confirmed: Matter is merely vacuum fluctuations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Science is a methodology. That's all. Most of it isn't even directly funded by governments. I don't know what paranoid delusions you are labouring under, but I know plenty of scientists, and they are not tools of the governments.

Are you scared of people who know more than your or something? That's the only thing I can think of that would allow someone to spout off such ridiculous assertions about something they clearly have no understanding of.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Check your u2u box, please.

I have much to say to you, but it is - like your posts on this thread - off topic.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I love it when sci/tech gets derailed by people whose names i need not mention (you know who you are).

Alot of us scientificly minded people follow the science forums to try and get insights and ideas people have about various theories that are floating around out there.

Most do not appreciate it when halfwits invade spewing non-sence about how science is just another control. Im telling you (as a chemist that has spent time working for dupont and brewer science and am now back in school to earn my doctrate) that most science is privately funded. And scientists (other than those working under military contract) are out in force to get the information we find out to the public via many scientific publications and the web.

Yes this is a conspiracy website however most of us who are literate can plainly see that this forum is labeled science and technology not scientific conspiracy..... Some of you need to get out get some fresh air and realize that yes their may be cover-ups and conspiricies but not everything is part of one. There is a forum labeled general conspiricies. If you wish to talk of conspiricies than by all means find your way down the hall to the proper forum.

CW OUT!!!

[edit on 28-11-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

I find it curious that you cannot link the funding of science with the control of what science gets done. Money controls everything in this world, including science. The fact that you got funded made you overlook this, but I garantee you that if your area of expertise were something the world elite did not want to get researched, say water for fuel, you most likely would not get funding.

You, like almost all left brain science type I have met have a trouble understanding how human society works, because you're too focused on closed systems and theoretical models to get into the adequate frame of mind. And because you can't get there you assume it's just people being paranoid. Sure, some scientists want their work to be divulged, but that dosen't alter how the system works on a broader level. And it does indeed filter information and the institutional level, supressing some material, even if right, while pushing other material, even if wrong. There are agendas mixed into the scientific establishment, and it's pretty obvious for "conspiracy theorists", which is I term I almost equate with "historian" or "sociologist".

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
reply to post by constantwonder

I find it curious that you cannot link the funding of science with the control of what science gets done. Money controls everything in this world, including science. The fact that you got funded made you overlook this, but I garantee you that if your area of expertise were something the world elite did not want to get researched, say water for fuel, you most likely would not get funding.

You, like almost all left brain science type I have met have a trouble understanding how human society works, because you're too focused on closed systems and theoretical models to get into the adequate frame of mind. And because you can't get there you assume it's just people being paranoid. Sure, some scientists want their work to be divulged, but that dosen't alter how the system works on a broader level. And it does indeed filter information and the institutional level, supressing some material, even if right, while pushing other material, even if wrong. There are agendas mixed into the scientific establishment, and it's pretty obvious for "conspiracy theorists", which is I term I almost equate with "historian" or "sociologist".

Congrats, Zeph. You surely have a way with the ATS mods. The topic of this thread is the property of quantum vacuum, not government funding. We stayed on topic when dave_g and I pointed to you that you made a mistake when you related matter and energy the way you did. The correction posts and the follow ups got deleted, but since the juicy conspiratory theme is what ATS sells, I'm looking forward to read your perfectly on topic posts.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Last time I got a U2U it was 6 of them, with mods deleting my posts... so no, there's no conspiracy theory there. I have been very critical of ATS on other threads and suspect I am not exactly the favorite user here

So as for me being off topic, if that is what is decided that is what will happen, I'll get deleted, it's been done before and will probably end up being done again.

In my defense, the conspiratorial angle, the NWO memetic manipulation, which is something I hold as real, is relevant to any and all major scientific proclamations. It's up to the individual to decide if what he is hearing, both from the establishment and from the independents, like me, is credible, and make his own belief system, his own world view.

My main warning is: people lie, at all levels, sometimes with great scale and reach. So it would be nice if people were less intelectually beta and actually be more critical of what they are, in essence, being told, not demonstrated. Scientists are frequently wrong, they have a bad track record if you actually read up on the history of science.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

My main warning is: people lie, at all levels, sometimes with great scale and reach. So it would be nice if people were less intelectually beta and actually be more critical of what they are, in essence, being told, not demonstrated. Scientists are frequently wrong, they have a bad track record if you actually read up on the history of science.

The Book of Mistakes is the greatest manual ever written and that's why you can find it in the library of any university. He who doesn't try never makes mistakes. IMO it's better to get burn a couple of times and invent a microwave oven than to sit by the bonefire forever watching fluctuating vacuum to walk by -- to stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
didnt i say other than those under military contracts? of course places like livermore, los alamos, boeing and a few others are government funded, However places where the highest levels of research in the civilian sectors such as The Institute for advanced study only recieved 20k from the goveernment last year and that was for emergency health and safety aswell as maintenance.

Institute For Advanced Learning And Research

245 1s IALR - Emergency Health and Safety Assessment Funding $0 $20,000
245 2s IALR - Maintenance Funding

leg2.state.va.us...

but anyways back on topic i still think that this is much like loop quantum gravity.... damn physics makes me randy

[edit on 28-11-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Agreed. However, I am going beyond mystakes here, which are a natural part of the process, I am talking about lies and manipulation, which have to be factored in to how an individual views his society, as it's my contention they happen at all levels.

"The bigger the lie the easier it is to sell" I believe is the Hitler quote, although this was from memory so don't burn me if I'm not quite right.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

Agreed. However, I am going beyond mystakes...
"

Quite a choice for a typo!

Even the less-than bright scientists agree that it is impossible to manipulate the mind of people for the simple reason that the target of the mental manipulation can't and never be able to understand the highly esoteric and scholarly language that science speaks and writes. The development of this thread provides more than acceptable evidence of how we "scientifically" interpret the vacuum fluctuation issue:

Vacuum fluctuation = science on the red carpet.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How can my post be off topic talking about matter when GOD is the creator of matter ?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by robar
How can my post be off topic talking about matter when GOD is the creator of matter ?

Well, there are two Gods: the Biblical God and the Quantum God. Matter has mass, but mass is energy and energy is fluctuating vacuum. Vacuum is associated with emptiness, or absence, in respect to the Biblical God. That means if you post something regarding the fluctuating vacuum, your post gets automatically deleted to model the absence, or the nothing. The deletion reflects upon the latest scientific discovery in the field of quantum physics -- quantum vacuum fluctuation in particular.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Perhaps some other theories may have some more significance in light of this.
If this is the case then fundamental particles must be composed of smaller components of charge. One theory I lean towards states that in order for the electron to maintain stability the subtrons (sub - electrons) must be traveling and communicating at superluminal speeds.
Perhaps what is being observed with entanglement is the near instantaneous communication between these sub, sub atomic particles.
So the photon isn't really split but stretched in the enigma of entanglement.

Also Einstein famous equation relates to mass and not matter, mass being a property of matter.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by squiz]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Prayer is instantaneous no matter the distance....makes the speed of light look like a very slow bowel movement !........ROBAR

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

When YOU die, YOU will find out that there is only ONE ! And HE will have the last word for WHERE YOU WILL SPEND ETERNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROBAR

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by robar
reply to post by stander

When YOU die, YOU will find out that there is only ONE ! And HE will have the last word for WHERE YOU WILL SPEND ETERNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROBAR

That line of yours depends on your silly assumption that I'm mortal.

The function of death is aging. Aging is directed by DNA. DNA is a molecule composed of atoms. Atoms are composed of sub-atomic particles. Down the road is the fluctuating vacuum and the blueprint for immortality, which nulls and voids God's blah-blah-eternity speech.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Slightly off-topic, but on topic at the same time. I love physics, quantum physics discussions even more. I was a math genius and science wiz growing up but I ventured off to other things. Can't teach an old dog new tricks, so I don't want to get too much into the actual science, I just enjoy reading about it, it's so exciting to me. Geek, I am, yes.

My question. My son, he is young, 7, very smart. Reads and does math years beyond his age group, falls in the top 99 percentile in pretty much everything, and would probably be more if he wasn't so lazy at times. How can I get him into science? Especially quantum physics. Well, at least give him a starting point to see if he picks up on it and is interested. Right now he is teaching himself German, but I think he has time to use his brain elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oops!
Double post!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by AHostileMe]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AHostileMe

Off-topic indeed, but the thread's already been pretty much ruined thanks to the earlier irruption of conspiracist twaddle, so what harm? I'll answer your question.

I would recommend a book detailing simple physical and chemical experiments that your boy can do using stuff available round the house, perhaps with a little help from you. When I was a boy such books were common, but I don't see them in the shops much nowadays. Maybe the internet has taken over: googling science experiments for kids gets over a million hits. But I'd recommend you buy a book, all the same, just to get started... if you can find one.

I would also suggest that you inculcate a scientific outlook by asking him for answers to questions like 'why is the sky blue?', 'why do some things float and others sink?', etc. Create a dialectic in which the two of you discuss and analyze his answers until you finally come to the right one. Slowly he will come to realize that science is the way to find out how the world works. He will have acquired a scientific worldview. He'll be on his way.

I'm not going to make any specific book recommendations, since I don't know anything that will appeal and make sense to a seven-year-old. And quantum mechanics is far too complex and confusing a subject for a seven-year-old even to think about, however gifted he may be; wait till he's seventeen, and if he's still interested, give it a go.

But if you will permit me, I should like to recommend a book for you to read. The book is Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!. The author, Richard Feynman, won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1965 for his work in quantum electrodynamics, the mathematics of interactions between particles at the quantum level.

I'm recommending it to you for a number of reasons. The most important of these is that Feynman was very lucky to have had a father who not only realized that his son was unusually gifted, but set himself to nurture that gift in the most amazing way. The elder Feynman was himself a clever man, though not scientifically gifted; and what he did was, whenever his son showed curiosity about something, he'd help him learn more about that subject in whatever way he could, no matter how unorthodox. Thus, when young Richard got interested in probabilities, Feynman Senior took him to Coney Island and helped him work out all the number-related scams going on there... there are a few good stories like that in the book and they may give you a few ideas for helping your own gifted son along. That's the first reason.

Additionally, it's a book that illustrates how the scientific mind works - the way it looks at the world and the things that it is interested in. These are things that aren't always clear to a nonscientist. And I think a knowledge of how scientists think will be useful to you in your efforts to help your son develop his potential - whether, in the end, he turns out to be scientifically inclined or not. That's the second reason.

Thirdly, the book shows (perhaps a bit too vividly) how much fun a life in science can be.

Fourth and lastly, the book contains a wonderful chapter called Cargo Cult Science in which the difference between real science and the nonsensical waffle of pseudoscience is made transparently clear. Our friend Zepherian should read it; he could learn much from it. But I don't suppose he'd care to.

Richard Feynman wasn't the pleasantest of people. Though fundamentally a good and kindly man, he could be quite obnoxious - a smart-alec, know-it-all practical joker who liked making other people look stupid and nursed an unhealthy fascination for the shadier side of life . He was, in his own words, a 'curious character' - even for a Nobel Prize-winning physicist. All that must have made him a hard man to live and work with - but it makes for a very entertaining book and one which, incidentally, you can read online here.

Enjoy!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

A bright mind is not recognized by the amount of knowledge it stores; it manifests itself by the type of questions it asks.

If a kid conforms and never asks a question about the color of the sky, don't ask the kid about it. Don't you wonder about . . . ? is the opposite of what the "blue sky question" is known for.

Sometimes parents try to grow a genius in a green house by imposing, but wild cherry tastes the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join