It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All US Army Retirees Being Recalled To Active Duty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Zindo, as usual, I think you may be onto something.

If for example I were active duty and I knew I had a Commander-in-Chief such as Obama, I'd be getting my ass out just as fast as I could.

Under Jimmy Carter, our military sank to the lowest moral levels since George Washington had to shoot a handful after their second mutiny. It was only under Reagan did we get our fire back, only to see a bit of it slip under Clinton.

Now this yahoo. My God, what have we done?

Maybe they do anticipate mass resignations and mass enlistment expirations.

I know I do.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
Well, with the election over, anything is possible, I had heard once you are the military they have the right to call you back . . . my brother is ex-marine and 46, I hope this isn't true. But, he'll go if he has to, he is gun ho!

They were only asking if he would come back in and offered him that money. Supposedly any of the retired guys that accept will get it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No my son has family now!!!!Clean up the streets with tough guys that like to shoot!!!!!!!!!3 strikes and they go to basic training, could save hundred thousands$$$$$

Concerned Dad

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
Well, with the election over, anything is possible, I had heard once you are the military they have the right to call you back . . . my brother is ex-marine and 46, I hope this isn't true. But, he'll go if he has to, he is gun ho!

Nah, there is a limit of like 6 or 7 years.

My little brother got called back, but he had only been out for a year. They won't let me uncle out. He's been in over 20 years, but as long as they offer him a promotion or something he's not allowed out. Which really sucks for him because he's already an E-9 and the promotions are just in job only.

But of course, those who choose the laws can also change them. But you'd be seeing some kind of law change before it could happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Many have expected this. With Bush, Jr.'s selective service wanting to enlist via "voluntary" draft, where you entered under those terms, was failing.

The Taliban has reformed, Iraqi Oil is on the Market, and, the credible threats are "downplayed", let us say.

Most have latched on to showmanship established by icons D. Trump, and Ms. Entertainment who once had a show, Thorny O'Dun-'le.

Whereas it is surely gov't ops conducting destruction on American Targets, which provides little resistance. This is a stance of "Words-OnWords", for the quipers.

That this determined threat has magically fallen within the realm of those whom would have it so, one would reasonably assume little will be done against another. As in, the first case scenario---you might say given its success, as well as acceptance.
Now, this damages extensively moral, for those who might wish to enlist. Where the fight is avoided, and 'layed out', predetermined if you will...

Where Flight is a Pre-Determination as a reasonable course of action, then perhaps other avenues would be best explored. No, now I'm not speaking of the Underground, where their is certainly coordinated efforts, but elimination is a deadly game. Where the winner states for record what occured.
This, would not win a given battle scene, but neither is "glowy" eyed, I dun it, either, IMHO

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join