It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Apocalypse USA, Day 8

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let's see what the final five minutes of trading delivers today.

With twenty minutes remaining, DJIA -376

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

I would just continue this thoughts and speculation...

"I Dont Know." Its simple, its honest, and good idea for all speculations these times... I just say that Russia has no reason to be afraid of tomorrow. Putin havent shown any sign from stress, neither have Medvedev. See, if their economy falls to recession because of this mess, like you said, its not their fault, and they are used to survive from tough times.

USA is much more weaker to suffer bad times ahead, and there is no mentality to take losses. Russia is made to last in hard times, its used to corpses, evil authority and bread lines...

Just Like in POW concentration camps at war, those who have best self respect, best moral, and best health, they suffer most and will die first.

Russian people have much more history to these events. "So what, if economy falls, so it usually does..." Says grand mam, and makes cup of more thinner tea today.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
QUOTES OF THE DAY 8

"I'm just mad at the whole system."
Troy Courtney, a 44-year-old San Francisco police officer.

``The economy fell off a cliff in October,''
said Richard Berner, co-head of global economics at Morgan Stanley in New York

``We're in for a pretty serious recession,''
Jeffrey Frankel, a member of the business-cycle dating committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research

"Release your anger. Write an angry note to your boss, put it in an envelope and tear it up,"
said Lou Casale, vice president of corporate communications at TheLadders.com.

“The average person does not care,”
said Johnson, managing director of Johnson Associates

"Government’s economic rescue squad seems to now be careening around worse than the Jamaican Olympic bobsled team."
Elizabeth MacDonald, Fox News

"Once we cross the divide from financial institutions to individual corporations, truly, where would you draw the line?"
asked Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.

"You always want to leave [your job] in a professional way,"
said Barbara Barra, vice president at management consulting firm Lee Hecht Harrison.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
To the end, nice brand new video, what just came to my email...

The Oath

"Enjoy the rythm of truth,
when Dow doesnt look good!"

[edit on 12-11-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Does the DJIA close under 400? 1 minute to go.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
And the VIX was low all damn day. This is a frighteningly orderly selloff.

The NASDAQ looks have closed at its lowest point since July '97 at 1499 for a loss of 5.17%
DJIA looks to be -410 at 8283 for a loss of 4.70%
S&P is -46.26 for a loss of 5.15%

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ok guys, "Hells Bells" has stopped todays concert!

Day started with fear, markets went down in "red" zone all day, and finally like crushed to the bottom. When day stated, I look the situation long time, and because there was only Paulson in the events timeline coming, I thought, no matter what he brings to table, it will be forgotten by the end of the day.

And I was right.

They still kept information in secrecy about GM aid package... But I have predicted that aid package will come just before the weekend, when they have to get numbers to green level, because of coming G-20... Thats tomorrow afternoon, or friday morning.

But thats all speculations without worth... ((( Boogieman ))) ... He didnt save US economy today.

Lets look the ending numbers to Day 8:
Wed 12 Nov 2008 | 16:13 EST
DJIA 8,282.66 -411.30
Nasdaq 1,499.21 -81.69

- "...o0O0ouch!"

Arabic League:
Oil 52.0 -7.13% 12 Nov 2008 15:54 EST

- "Thats just sorrow and pain..."

Wise Guys United:
Gold 710.9 -3.15%

- "James, your ...finger doesnt worth a penny anymore!"

Ok, thats for jokes. Horrific numbers, and terrible losses of jobs, wealth and value of the US markets!

- Next we can look, how went with prediction contest...

Dow, with -285 to JanusFin ( To my self! )
Nasdaq, with -64 to JanusFin ( Also to my self! )
Oil, with 53.40 to MOFreemason
Gold, with 725 to MOFreemason

So, Mo Freemason will be starred, ( You can star also winners! ) and both winners are awarded with 2 points in ranking list, witch now look like this:

Apocalypse Prediction Ranking List:

MOFreemason 2 points
JanusFIN 2 points
Sodom 2 points
Spade_ 1 points
GoalPoster 1 points

So... This is it here for today, hope to see you again in Economic Apocalypse USA watchtower here on ATS again! And make your bets ready... New thread will be open many hours before "Hells Bells" are calling in Dow!

... Yep! And great thanks from all comments today!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I love this stock market game...see ya'll tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"I'm sorry but i just dont see the total economic collapse and doomsday people are seeing. I did at the begining, but i just dont it anymore"

You aren't seeing the whole picture. Everyday things are getting worse, from unemployment to wall street.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It seems like you are concerning yourself with the day-to-day price movements of different assets. I'd say dump that idea and look at least at the week-to-week price moves. As we have seen, the Dow seems to have little problem soaring 1,000 points during really bad times. And instead of looking at the Dow mostly, look at the sentiment of the Dow. When people stop trying so hard to worry about missing the bottom, the Dow will be near the bottom. You can use your day-by-day format while looking at week-by-week numbers and by looking at changes in the big picture each day.

I think economic apocalypse started in 1912 when the government handed control over our money to a secretive society of bankers, so you may want to change you day.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
JanusFin, your problem of indicating the difference between "witch" and "which" is a much larger problem in your life than a potential economic apocalypse. Have you ever tried going to second grade?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

He is not English. (or American)

He speaks Finn or Thai with English as a second language.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
1 - GM package is a given.

2 - for 11/13/08
Dow -127

we are close to an important low.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"Abandon hope once you enter deflation" says London Telegraph...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now that's interesting. Everyone has been fearing hyper-inflation, but now deflation is the worry.

Either way, hold on to your hats!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
JanusFin, your problem of indicating the difference between "witch" and "which" is a much larger problem in your life than a potential economic apocalypse. Have you ever tried going to second grade?

and how many lanuages do u know? thats what i thought.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GladTidings

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

and how many lanuages do u know? thats what i thought.

What did you think? I never answered.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join