It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 totally debunked!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The title pretty much says it all

Google Video Link

or if you prefer YouTube, here is part one, and part two

you can download it in WMV format here
feel free to upload it anywhere.

I have been hearing this stuff for so long I thought it was true too.

I did a lot of research for this one and I was surprised to find out what i did, which is that most of what we are told about 2012 has no basis in reality..seriously.

Here are a few points I hit.

Solstice sun galactic alignment
actual galactic alignment
precession
pole shift
planet x
mayan calender
mayan "predictions"
possible reasons for the deception.

Here are some of my references

References:The Sun's motion perpendicular to the galactic plane
www.nature.com...

Earth's Inconstant Magnetic Field
www.nasa.gov...

The Planet X Saga: The Scientific Arguments in a Nutshell
www.badastronomy.com...

Response to Counterarguments Appendix 5 to Maya Cosmo genesis 2012 by John Major Jenkins
www.alignment2012.com...

Texas A&M Oceanographer Challenges Plate Tectonics As Reason For Poles' Shift
www.sciencedaily.com...

What is that pole shift thing?
www.dailycommonsense.com...

The Myth of a 12th Planet:
A Brief Analysis of Cylinder Seal VA 243
www.sitchiniswrong.com/VA243seal.pdf

precession of the equinoxes
www.answers.com...

Our Galactic Plane
hypography.com...

MEANING OF THE BALL GAME IN MAYAN MYTHOLOGY
www.siloam.net...

Great Celestial Conjunction Crosses
www.soulsofdistortion.nl...

The World Age cosmology of the Maya calendar end-date in A.D.2012 and its basis in a rare astronomical alignment of the solstice sun with the Milky Way Galaxy
www.grahamhancock.com...

Planetary Alignments: Fact or Fiction?
www.etsu.edu...

The Platonic Year & the
Maya Long Count: Fractal
www.earthmatrix.com...

Confused about 2012 (yes, another one!)
www.bautforum.com...

Planet X? Nope, an admitted hoax!
www.zetatalk.com...

positon on galactic plane
hypography.com...

music from raptifybeats.com

EDIT: fixed links

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Amenti]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh Jesus. Say it isn't so!

Critical thinking debunks a "conspiracy theory"?

Go figure.

Good post though.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes it is the same prediction as in 2000:

www.ascension2000.com...

The site shows all kind of 2012 material, but still the old link to the year 2000 exists.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The only way to "get people acknowledge that you debunked" a great 'conspiracy theory' such as 2012, is if you come up with a greater conspiracy theory.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
heh, that makes sense actually. Probably just because I believe the bible is a tool used by evil to keep you mesmerized. Still gotta have love for Buddha, err, I mean Jesus. Humans have high technology and hidden agenda's that cause these planned prophecies to occur.
its not god against satan, its spirituality VS religion. Political control VS mutual harmony through understanding.
Visit a shaman, drink some ayahuasca, commune with god in a higher dimension, meditate, you'll see exactly what Im talking about, after all, its what Jesus would do. Beware of the great deception right?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to jump in to say that I very much appreciate your work to make this video, so kudos to you. Very informative, but my skeptical mind tells me to further research those sources, before I make a statement about the content. But the video itself is nicely done, and I liked your voice and the recording quality (no background-noisy cracking sounds etc)

Kudos!

//EDIT to clarify: Skeptic in terms of the details, I'm a "chill-out-nothing-will-happen-2012"-guy too...

[edit on 2.11.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Why are half the links giving errors? The first few I tried that sounded most interesting by the title ended up giving error pages.

Most of what has been said about 2012 is a lie, no doubt about that. I don't think it's planet X, the end of the world or any of that. The majority of the 2012 stuff is where people take something, and then apply it to a common date for attention and to misled people. Thus why there are all the theories.

Like the Planet X stuff. It was obvious to me people just want to believe that, and attached it to the date. Same for polar shifts and all that.

But when it comes to the precession, that stuff is true. The different ages etc. And we are pretty close to a new age for example. And if I remember right, the precession does start over between Pisces and Aquarius. I don't know if that is 2012, or 2150.

Also, aside from the precession, the stars in our galaxy revolve around the black hole at the center. As I understood it, we are about to complete a revolution or "year" around that, which is marked by a dwarf galaxy that the milky way galaxy is eating, or a dark rift.

No expert on the topic, but I know the majority of stuff I hear from people is obvious false stuff. Just been kinda watching it all with curiosity. Seems like the stuff I read and seen that caught my interest about the topic is alot different than what I hear about it these days. I don't expect a sudden event or whatever, just movement in a gradual direction. Enjoyed the movie.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
so sorry about the links they should be fixed now

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
thank you

I was wondering about all the hype

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Nice work. I was already aware of most of these things before watching, so didn't buy into the whole 2012 phenomenon anyway. I think you presented it all nicely as a package though
I'd disagree with your choice to add the last part about the bible, but otherwise

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It's a sad commentary on our society that some people profit on the ignorance of others. Too many people are living in fear of this non event.
My reasons for disliking much of the conspiracy industry are similar to my dislike of the organized religion industry.
I starred and flagged this mutha.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i dont have to watch the video. i know nothing will happen. but thank you for going through the trouble to prove to people that they are stupid. we need more people like you and less Doomsayers.

S&F

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Uh you all do realize that this guy just bait and switched all of the current events supposedly from 2012 to that of prophecies from the Bible don't you?

I would have given this video a lot more credit if the narrator didn't say the reasons for whatever events are happening now are not related to 2012 but to the Bible.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This post is just as insignificant and futile of a thread of a UFO being real thread, a NWO sticking computer chips in you thread.

It takes no more critical thinking to find reasons why 2012 is a myth as it does finding reasons why it is going to happen.

It's like saying,

I'm going to make a model airplane when it comes in the mail tommorow,
although there is substantial evidence that it may not.

OH MY GOD!

Wow.

Yeah, lets see, well I could of got ripped of for ordering online, or the UPS truck may have not made it or lost it in transit, etc etc

And YES this is an actual scenario where there is 100% non conspiracized information in play, but the fact is there is a million different reasons why...

2012 will or will not happen.

I could go critically think and say well how and the hell did 7 different cultures with no knowledge of eachother existing come up with the same idea that in 2012 something is going to happen.

There's my iota of critical thinking.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Uh you all do realize that this guy just bait and switched all of the current events supposedly from 2012 to that of prophecies from the Bible don't you?

I would have given this video a lot more credit if the narrator didn't say the reasons for whatever events are happening now are not related to 2012 but to the Bible.

The way I looked at it was that, yeah, I could have left it with just the "debunking" but after researching all of this stuff the reason behind it was just was jumping off the page at me.

I knew that it would discredit the rest of the research for some people, even most, if I added it, but I told the truth as i see it.

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. - C.S. Lewis

to quote Lucian of Samosata (second century Greek satirist)

For history, I say again, has this and only this for its own. If a man will start upon it, he must sacrifice to no God but Truth. He must neglect all else." The Way to Write History

granted Im not writing history but the concept applies I think

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Amenti]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Amenti]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amenti

Originally posted by promomag

The way I looked at it was that, yeah, I could have left it with just the "debunking" but after researching all of this stuff the reason behind it was just was jumping off the page at me.

I knew that it would discredit the rest of the research for some people, even most, if I added it, but I told the truth as i see it.

Yea, it was going okay until the end of the vid. Now I feel used and need a cigarette.

Seriously, I never researched the topic thoroughly like you did, kudos !
But I understood that the Mayan calendar ended in 2012 because it was identified as the end of the last "age" . Sorry, I don't know the technical term. There are 4 or 5 Mayan ages and the last one ends in Dec 2012
That theory seems reasonable to me.

AM I way off.

edit :crap - those stubborn typos

[edit on 2-11-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Nice research you did there
Very impressive.

But the only way the 2012 world-end theory can be proven or disproven to wait until January 1st 2013.

It's nice to do something with your free time though. But seriously why do people want to debunk everything these days? Is it so fun to prove some one wrong and rub it in their faces and say "Nah na na na nah! I was right you were wrong, I'm so much better than you are"?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I've never believed in this "end of the world" crap to begin with...

This is not the first time people make ridiculous predictions with no basis in reality. Remember when they said 2000 was the end?... then they said 2001... I also heard another one about 2158 or somethin.. 2013... and of course, the most famous blasphemy of all... 2012

Oh and let's not forget about our spirit channeling friend Blossom Goodchild and that stupid galactic federation of light

It's a dead give away anytime someone links alien contacts with 2012.. then you can be sure that it's a hoax.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Great post Amenti, I think you hit it on the nail it seems. I know many will flame you because the bible being mentioned, But if they would only read it to find out the truths in it they would believe... Now I'm not saying they will believe in Jesus, but the prophesy's within its pages.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind seeing a list of all the Bible prophecies that supposedly were 100% accurate and included not only the exact countries in the wars but correct names as well...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join