It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicotine and Fluoride link

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No shortage of studies showing the damage caused by fluoride.

This one explains a lot.

fluoride.ecobytes.net...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I disagree. It is the best authority. How can people who have no medical training possibly be good sources of information

Jennifer Luke Ph.D
School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey, England

She is probably the source of some of the information on this that you have seen times before though, so I guess you didn't give her much credence?

www.icnr.com...
www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

She shows that fluoride bypasses the blood brain barrier and accumulates in the pineal gland. The pineal gland is a soft tissue, that can also be calcified. That part is not theory. Her theory is that when it starts to calcify it will have detrimental affects on its physiological functions. Which has been clearly demonstrated with animal studies, but not with humans.

I would personally add a conspiracy twist to this:

by saying that this is the intent of water fluoridation. To turn your third eye into a rock

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You need a medical journal to tell you it is wrong to use public water supplies to administer drugs?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yes I emphatically agree with you. My biggest issue really comes down to the fact that it is forced.

And let's all be honest, if the real intent was for the health of citizens then why are they not *publicly* enriching the water with other things as well?? They could be adding vitamins, minerals, and other chemicals, to help combat diseases and other health issues. Why are they not? They exclusively do it for our teeth?? Come on
Why not omega fatty acids, since most Americans lack them?... The reason is not a health one, that's why.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I c'ant praise you enough for this info.I've been trying to find the link on this for AGES! Despite the extortionate cost I continued smoking because I just KNEW somehow nicotine was beneficial against the NWO agenda.I never thought of the fluoride link! To be honest I was going along the mind control blocking possibility or that nicotine could possibly protect from a virus being released by our illuminati masters.Very interesting evidence you've come up with.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Christ I wish I never read this thread, not only did it scare the crap out of me but it has also braught into question my own ability to reason.

I'm a slightly overweight chainsmoker who is now in a panic as to whereabouts i may purchase fluride free tooth paste, duh ?

I mean, for goodness sake, I've only recently forgotten to be concerned about all the mercury fillings in my swede.

In order to save myself from myself I see only two options here now. I either spend my days watching tv sucking my thumb and not think about anything. Or I become a christian and let someone else do my thinking for me and let jesus punish those who stole my teeth and my mind.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
if fluoride is in the water because they say it good to prevent tooth decay then why do they have it in toothpaste. Seems like everything for teeth or mouth care contains fluoride in it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

They have it in toothpaste because it is effective as a topical agent.

They have it in the water supply because....oh...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There are many countries in Europe that no longer add fluoride to water. Some countries never started and will never start adding fluoride to water.

List of European Countries without Fluoride

www.anhcampaign.org...

However, there is a strong move towards banning smoking in all public places in Europe. That to me means that in Europe the two do not have links as such. Smoking really is that bad for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Not to worry. Apparently they no longer Fluoridate the water in the UK, either.

www.anhcampaign.org...

[edit on 26/10/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I looked but I didnt see anywhere on this thread,

What is their explanation for adding fluoride to the water
I have heard it was bad before but I didnt know how sinister
it really was,

I am really curious though, I just cant believe back in the
day they said, hey this is good for you so drink it, and everybody
just said ok.

also found this, apparently there are many communitys
that are fighting back and have issues up for a vote
I will be looking into getting involved where I live.

www.fluoridealert.org...

also the main site

www.fluoridealert.org...

www.fluorideresearch.org...

If you google a fluoride reference there is a ton of
information.
and I'm thirsty, this sucks!!

I am going to check into bottled water, but I read that reverse
osmosis is required to remove fluoride.

A lot of bottled water is simply purified tap water.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amaxa

I don't agree with that. From what I've experienced, smoking only quickens the process of getting a tumour, it's not common for it to give you one. Even though everyone technically can get cancer, and do have cancerous cells, not everyone will get it. And I'm sure that if you look into cancer, when it's induced by smoking, that you'll find that, that person already had it in their family history.

My Nana has been smoking for the vast majority of her life, and she doesn't have cancer. She's almost 82. Obviously, she has problems because of smoking, but nothing anywhere near as severe as cancer. I've also met and treated a lot of people, since I'm a carer, who've had the same outcome. Cancer from smoking is all down to whether it's in your genetics, in my opinion.

lol, my Mother has been a nurse for over 30 years, and is a manager of a nursing home e.t.c... she's very well respected, and very knowledgable. She says that, if my Nana would attempt to stop smoking now, that it'd probably kill her. Ironic or what?... Haha. My point is, don't believe everything you read or see about smoking. There's SO much more we haven't discovered.

They spout out a lot of crap to stop people from breathing in second hand smoke and what-not... but, in ALL honesty, I'd be MUCH more worried about the car fumes, and the fumes from factories e.t.c. They cause MUCH more damage.

For example, someone who has never smoked in their LIFE, could spend a few hours in a city centre, going on a piss-up, and breathe in enough car fumes that rivals smoking 10 cigs a day.... Think about it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Some bottled water manufacturers include fluoride, and some do not. Visit their website and see what's in it (including trace elements from the source, etc). It should be posted. If it's not listed, then don't buy from them

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Life experience... I have 2 children with a large age gap. My eldest was raised on well and tank water on a rural property until his mid teens. My youngest was raised exclusivley on floridated tap water. Both children were raised on the same diets. Both children brush daily with the same brand of toothpaste and yet my child raised on floride treated water in now 20 and has never had a cavity and my eldest needed 6 fillings before his 13th birthday. Prehaps it is coincidental.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beefragafragious

I have seen many arguments about how fluoride is dangerous. But many of these arguments have holes in them. For example, you say that smokers find prozac less effective and you tie that to fluoride. How do you make that connection? Please show me the actual clinical studies.

Smoking lowers the efficacy of certain drugs that are metabolized by certain enzymes because smoking causes those enzymes to be induced.

Cigarette smoking induces an enzyme called CYP1A2. This enzyme (like the others in the CYP superfamily)is involved in metabolizing lots of drugs (eg. Clozaril, Zyprexa, Elavil etc.). Prozac, Luvox, Paxil et.al. are metabolized primarily by an enzyme called CYP2D6. There are no interactions between cigarette smoke and this enzyme.

I'm too tired to write a page-long post on drug pharmacokinetics right now so I'll keep it short. When liver enzymes are induced, it can lower plasma concentrations of drugs metabolized by that enzyme. It is not something unique to cigarettes. Example, Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft inhibit the enzyme CYP2D6, so if you take drugs that need to be metabolized by that enzyme in order to be effective (eg. Ultram, Codeine), those drugs will lose their efficacy and the dosage would need to be increased.

Fluoride ions are toxic because fluoride acts as an inhibitor of oxidative phosphorylation in red blood cells. (same way cyanide ions do in most other cells.) But Adding a Fluorine atom to a molecule doesn't mean that the molecule becomes toxic somehow. There are plenty of pharmaceuticals that have a fluorine atom(s) in its/their chemical structure(s).

Remember that fluorine and fluorinated carbon compounds are very different creatures. It is not correct to make genaralisations about the toxicity of organic molecules containing Fluorine atoms.

There are a lot of other holes in your argument but I'm too tired to go through them at the moment. I will come back to this thread definitely. If you want to research more into the role of F atoms in a molecule, then you need to study basic organic chemistry, pharmacology as well as advanced concepts like SAR (Structure Activity Relationships).

[edit on 26-10-2008 by AnubisOfTheEast]: to make it a bit easier to read

[edit on 26-10-2008 by AnubisOfTheEast]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnubisOfTheEast
For example, you say that smokers find prozac less effective

Perhaps nicotine and other chemicals in cigs compete with the same receptors in the brain with many SSRIs. Just a thought, I dunno.

and you tie that to fluoride.

Not sure how that would tie in.

All three (prozac, cigs, fluoride) of these things affect us neurologically though, that much is sound. Perhaps the pineal gland and the pituitary gland is involved in these three as well, hence they can affect each others effectiveness?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Nicotine does not compete with the same receptors. SSRIs manipulate the serotonin reuptake pump. They are not direct agonists (activators) or antagonists (blockers) at any specific receptor sites.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

You can purchase a Reverse osmosis waer filtration unit.
If you can get a 7 stage unit it will remove about 99% of
the fluoride and chlorine.
Damage.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join