It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 754
<< 751  752  753    755  756  757 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

He tried to get the high income earners as low as 250,000 thousand a year, but you know that most small businesses are the ones in that range, I don't think he will get to have this "Buffett Rule" pass over the Republicans, because they will be cutting their own neck off.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wondera

He is not going to get any approval if he doesn't deliver his promises of job growth that failed in the first stimulus, most of the new plan for debt reduction will never make pass.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

He tried to get the high income earners as low as 250,000 thousand a year, but you know that most small businesses are the ones in that range, I don't think he will get to have this "Buffett Rule" pass over the Republicans, because they will be cutting their own neck off.

He is attacking the people that go out and EARN their money.

There are two types of income tax

Regular Income Tax (on hourly wages and such)

and Capital Gains (short vs long term)

they are all taxed at different rates. The wealthy, the ones that own everything and have the huge income statements, are all taxed at the long term capital gains rate due to how their taxes are filled. Capital gains is usually stock increases or rental property income, etc.

Tax policy widens the gap between the rich and poor
www.theday.com...

The rates on capital gains - which include profits from the sale of stocks, bonds and real estate - should be a key point in negotiations over how to shrink the budget deficit, some lawmakers say.

. . .

While it's true that many middle-class Americans own stocks or bonds, they tend to stash them in tax-sheltered retirement accounts, where the capital gains rate does not apply. By contrast, the richest Americans reap huge benefits. Over the past 20 years, more than 80 percent of the capital gains income realized in the United States has gone to 5 percent of the people; about half of all the capital gains have gone to the wealthiest 0.1 percent.

Now I would suggest one look at how much Capital Gains make , as a percentage (%), of the highest income earners in America.

The figure is around 80% of their income is in the form of long term capital gains (over a year).

ONLY ~20% of their income is being taxed at the Income Tax Rate.

UGH!!!!!!

Do you see now why all these raise taxes on the rich schemes are really just back door oppression of the masses?
edit on 19-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I know what you mean, the gab between classes in the nation is just growing bigger and bigger, what we call once the middle class and the major supporters of the economy is now becoming the working poor, those that works but still are on welfare.

We are becoming a nation of two classes. But then again without the middle class is not going to be economic growth in the nation.

Once producers then consumers and now nothing but working poor.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Bernanke Joins King Tolerating Inflation to Revive Economy

AKA bend over. They gonna do QE3. Print lots and lots of money and won't care about inflation.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Greek Theatre. Tragedy Or Comedy?

Something about the news-flow over the weekend seems scripted. All of the comments and actions and "leaks" seem to be following a plan. The comments are too consistent. For the first time in months it seems that they have managed to contain people willing to speak to the media to just a few senior ministry of finance officials at the largest countries. Merkel and Sarkozy have been very quiet about the Finance Minister meetings, though Merkel was busy losing another election, so that may have something to do with it. This all started after a Friday trading session that was described by many corporate bond traders as not just quiet, but as "eerily" quiet.
[...]

Hm...well,the Intervention by the Central Banks was probably the Reason for the Rally last Week,though looking at todays Market in Asia and Europe (pretty much everything in the Red),which is not suprising with last Weekends News,it dídn´t last very long. Gold is "trying" to push higher and the EUR is again losing Value...

Is there something bigger planned? The Question should be: What can they do? Other than printing Money,which will make the Situation even worse,there aren´t many Options left...I doubt something like a US-QE3 can do much for Europe in the long run...maybe a short Rally,but thats it.

A (planned) Currency Reform for some Nations might be highly possible,when Greece Defaults. This would explain why Banks were "flooded" with Dollars last Thursday,a coordinated Move by several Central Banks.

The Reason? Some Banks would lose alot of Money and may have collapsed when Greece goes. Instead of giving them the Bailout after the "Crash" (like 2008),they gave them the Money before the "Crash"...Does that make Sense?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well here's what banks are doing...

Primary Dealer Treasury Holdings Surge At Fastest Pace Since Summer 2007 Market Peak In Anticipation Of Twisting, Market Dump

Back in the summer of 2007 two important things happened: the market hit an all time high, and the smart money realized what was about to happen (following the subprime and the Bear hedge fund blow up, it was pretty clear to all but Jim Cramer) and bailed out of stocks and into bonds, with Treasury holdings of Primary Dealers soaring at the fastest pace in history. Well according to the Fed, in the past few months Dealer holdings of Treasurys due in more than a year have soared by a whopping $90 billion, from a $75 billion short on May 6 to a $15.1 billion long on September 7. As Bloomberg reminds us, "the last time dealers bought bonds at such a rapid pace was between July 2007 and September 2007, as losses on subprime mortgages began to infect credit markets and the central bank unexpectedly cut interest rates." Also, as noted above, all hell was about to break loose. So what explains this surge in Dealer bond holdings? Well, expectations for said hell breaking loose all over again is one reason, as is the imminent announcement of Twist, QE3+, and who knows what else Bernanke has up his endless sleeve that will make the 2s10s as close to inverted as possible, putting Bank of America permanently out of business.

Meaning, all hell is about to break loose... the markets are gonna find their true levels... which is around 500-600 for the SP500...

If BAC really goes down, at least Bernanke will have done one good thing in his term!

BRICS nations already buying EFSF debt: report

WTF... Europe just doesn't care do they? Screw the people... we'll print EFSF already even without a vote!
edit on 19-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I'm seriously considering shorting the market ahead of Obama's speech. It seems like whenever he opens his mouth, the market tanks!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It looks like the Obama pack working all night to redact the final Debt reduction plan.

No, no Medicare or SS will be touched or age increases, Democrats would not go for that one.

But Obama will not allow any changes on "Medicare if the Republicans will block the 1.5 trillions on the wealthy".

Now, funny but He raised again the time line for this Debt reduction to 10 years.

I think he needs 1.5 to pay for Obama care, while gouging the working class and giving free care to the poor and illegals

Another fiasco.

Obama to propose $1.5 trillion in new tax revenue

www.mediacomtoday.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Get ready becasue it is going tank with the new outline of his Debt reduction plan.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
[...]
BRICS nations already buying EFSF debt: report

WTF... Europe just doesn't care do they? Screw the people... we'll print EFSF already even without a vote!
edit on 19-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

They throw out a Headline like this every few Days now in hopes of pushing the Market. And the BRICS gonna deny it in some Fashion. China already said they will only invest if they get something out of it,Hard Assets for example...

And a Newspaper? Wouldn´t suprise me if the Markets go up because of this...again

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What the heck happened to Gold? Dropped $25 in minutes. More in your face manipulation?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Yep. Doesn´t make sense otherwise. Everything is in the Red,other than the Nikkei (Japan Stock Index) and the Dollar. How long can they keep this up? The Manipulation i mean...they have to be out of Gold sometime...

Where is that Money going?

Edit: On second thought...the Money might go into the Dollar now in preparation for a possible QE3,which will make it drop again because of Inflation (did i get that right?)...but i doubt this explains the huge Drop in Gold (and other PM´s for that matter)
edit on 19-9-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

That or someone is getting news that there will be no QE3... we'll see wednesday.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The system is such that those who lend have absolutely no responsibility for consequences.

Europe and the rest of the world are following Yugoslav scenario to the point.
Socrates would be happy to explain how dialectics works.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Shenon

That or someone is getting news that there will be no QE3... we'll see wednesday.

Hm...If there is a QE3,which would Inflate the Dollar even further,than investing into it would be pretty stupid,wouldn´t it?

This "No QE3 Leak" (aka. Insider Information), may be exactly what they want. Together with the Manipulation of Gold and Silver (and other PM´s,look it up,all are going down),they are pushing People into the Dollar as a Save Haven.

Then when QE3 gets announced,despite the Leak that its not,the Dollar doesn´t fall too quickly...

Making sense of the Market is hard

Edit: And the Move by the Swiss National Bank (SNB) to couple the Franc with the Euro,which eleminated it as a Save Haven,helped too. My guess is that the Dollar is purposefully beeing made the only save Investment,in preparation for QE3...

People who go into the Dollar now might lose alot of Money...
edit on 19-9-2011 by Shenon because: hmmm

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Watch for oil prices if the dollar gets inflated, if the Fed prints more money to loan to the EUzone prices of oil will rise.

Speculation at its finest,

Oil is dropping on growing concerns about Europe's ability to solve its credit crisis.

Benchmark crude lost $2.57, nearly 3 percent, at $85.42 in New York while Brent crude slipped $2.56 to $109.66 in London.

The drop mirrored a broad sell-off in stock markets. The Dow Jones industrial average, the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Nasdaq are all down about 2 percent.

www.mediacomtoday.com...

US home builder outlook worsens in September

The U.S. homebuilders' outlook worsened in September, as foreclosures and anxious buyers hurt construction and sales activity.

The National Association of Home Builders said Monday that its index of builder sentiment in September fell to 14 from 15. The index has been below 20 for all but one month during the past two years.

Any reading below 50 indicates negative sentiment about the housing market. It hasn't reached 50 since April 2006, the peak of the housing boom.

edit on 19-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Watch for oil prices if the dollar gets inflated, if the Fed prints more money to loan to the EUzone prices of oil will fall.

Hmmm what? Oil prices will rise if they print money.

Oil is going down right now because of deflation concerns and the world economy going to a halt... which would mean less oil being used...

Even if the dollar gets stronger, if they print, oil will rise.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sorry my mistake I will fix that one. I guess too much in my mind right now

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Question for you and everyone who can make sense of the Market right now. Are there any Saven Havens left other than the Dollar? What happens when Greece defaults prior to Chairsatan´s ... Speech?

Everyone will flee into the Dollar,"forcing" the FED to implement QE3 because of Deflation...and since Banks were flooded with Dollars last Week,they won´t go down...will they?

I´m getting a Headache just trying to make sense of all this Mess...

Another Edit: Something else important i forgot. Which Banks got the Money from last Weeks intervention?
edit on 19-9-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 751  752  753    755  756  757 >>

join