It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama/Jill Biden Interview: I Love You!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
When I worked in a record store, employees hugged each other all the time. In greeting and in parting. It was normal. Those who were really close would kiss each other either on the lips or face.

This quote portrays for me exactly my experiences. I am and have been an "hand shaker "

Coming in contact with huggers, I have become a person hugger.

I give to each as they need, and so it is done unto me.

A kiss on the mouth, in a gesture of friendship and unity is in my opinion acceptable. It was not a kiss of intimacy, and it should not be taken so.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

If you haven't noticed, we've covered all sides of the issue. And the only point that you've wanted to make is that the Bidens and Obamas showing affection in public is "weird" and "odd" -- and why SNL hasn't satirized it yet? Now you think it's on par with the curious choice and behavior of Sarah Palin?!

I suppose a tangent like that'll never end.

If I saw an armadillo in my neck of the woods, I'd think it were odd, perhaps even weird, but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I don't mean to be rude, but it doesn't look like you're going to get the chorus of support that you were hoping for.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
Now you think it's on par with the curious choice and behavior of Sarah Palin?!
I don't mean to be rude, but it doesn't look like you're going to get the chorus of support that you were hoping for.

I find it odd that I can bring up an incest rumor and you refer to it as “curious behavior” by Palin? They spun it happily in many mainstream forums, and turned it into something to joke about. But maybe that’s another part of American culture I am not aware of, along with kissing on the mouth, perhaps insinuations of father daughter incest are really pretty normal and no big deal in many families! It happens all the time and I am just too square to realize it!

Yet the Obama/Biden clan engages in flashy, some would say unusual, behavior and the media is afraid to touch it? To my knowledge this is the first time a Presidential candidate has engaged in mouth kissing with the VP’s wife, which would make it worthy of commentary on that basis alone. I didn't expect a huge chorus of support, many people are afraid to criticize certain behaviors displayed by certain people, and it does seem this may be the case!

But fortunately, I do expect that in a few weeks that behavior will be out of the mainstream media, the cameras will be packed away and the rest of the world will no longer have to watch it.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I don’t see anything odd about the display, even my male friends who have been through hard times tell me they love me here and there and give me an affectionate kiss on the cheek when we meet up. I think when you’ve been through hardships in life like Michelle and Jill have you connect easier with people and don’t pay attention to simple affectionate gestures that others might find awkward.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

along with kissing on the mouth, perhaps insinuations of father daughter incest are really pretty normal and no big deal in many families!

How is kissing a friend on the mouth equal to incestuous family relationships? That is quite a stretch. I read in your original post you couldn’t find a photo of them supposedly kissing on the mouth, is that still true?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
How is kissing a friend on the mouth equal to incestuous family relationships? That is quite a stretch. I read in your original post you couldn’t find a photo of them supposedly kissing on the mouth, is that still true?

My point is one was satired on tv and in cartoons, based on nothing, yet the other does not seem to be even though it would be MUCH easier to make fun of and it WOULD be based in part on reality.

I saw it on the access hollywood interview, there are no screen shots that I could find but that is not unusual for video footage. But since it appears most of america is frequently kissing their friends on the mouth every chance they get (at least the Obama supporters) and it is perfectly normal, everyday behavior in America, I guess there is no point in further discussion.

Half of america is doing it! However I don't intend to start. Acks.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You keep saying “kissing on the mouth”; they all seem like half kisses, have yet to see a photo of an actual lip lock. It looks like the half cheek kiss someone gives a friend when greeting them. There is nothing strange about that, people do it daily, and I have trouble believing the dramatic kiss you are trying to make sound like a make out session, I’m sure if you did show it to us it would be just as harmless as the others.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It doesn't break any rules, since it is pro Obama.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is the strangest "discussion" I have bumped into in quite a while. Of ALL the kissing going on in these photos the only one that creeps me out is gw with sheik. Ick. Not because it is two men. Rather because of what I know of these two men. The pics of the candidates and wives et al...that's more exuberance, electoral abandon, and stress support with a few air kisses and air hugs thrown in for the germaphobic. Too much? Too little? Who cares? Some of you commentators have clearly not been watching the ever so demonstrative celebrity award shows. But gw and the sheik... THAT is way more than "custom." Then again, for an anti gay, anti female, anti-child, anti minority, anti foreigner
[anyone he doesn't know] , passionate pro oil and cash fella like Bush it makes sense. [??????????????????????????]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join