It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Fakes Reports From Space

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Chinese space walk looked as real as our moon landing...so tell me...who was really faking?

Sorry for the short post...but its all I got to say about this!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
No, I am not implying the US released a news piece one day before by mistake. The Chinese did. Maybe on purpose, maybe by mistake.

For all the above, I stated, I am just wondering how some other countries didn't have to to go through what we in the west had to, in order for them to prosper. For the technological state, I ques US has no one to fear but themselves, nobody sabotaged their programs but themselves for so many years.

I seriously do not believe that US would "cooperate" with China in order for China to hide from the general public what ever undiscovered wonders space may have. Or else, what US could do about it, if China said no?
A billion plus people if able to set long term goals may actually have a really bright future in space. Maybe is not just "Hey, we lost the space race" maybe its "Hey we got wtfpwned too"

I don't want to be a harbinger of doom but I also realize that ATS has to fear its own readers. Many people might not be able to cope with the "new reality" that dawns form now on. Even the most skeptical might start finding wild conspiracies appealing in order for not having to cope with actual reality anymore. I do foresee unsettling changes and I hope I am mistaken. I sincerely hope the trend of denying ignorance wont be put to a museum any time soon from the western portion of the public reading ATS.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
Oh BTW, you can't fake space vehicles in to space as to be felt by radars. If there was any reality in the claim that NORAD didn't "feel" anything about the Chinese space walk, then it would be all over the western freaking news, wouldn't it?
Yeah, think about it...

I have thought about it - perhaps more than you judging by this post.

The U.S. goverment has for quite awhile been "walking on egg shells" vis a vis the chinese - which would easily explain why publicizing what NORAD didn't see regarding the chinese "launch" isn't all over the news.

Your turn to think about it ...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Lets assume you are right.
What next? India too on the trick?
Also how would that theory explain the continuity of the ISS, since costs fell mostly on the Russian side, even in decades they were not so well economically, where they could pretty much do without those costs?
In my effort to deny ignorance, I won't be denying reality.

Neither yourself believes that this space walk was fake. You are just entertaining the idea for kicks.

If we, you, me and everybody believed that we really live in a big matrix where everything they show us is fake, we would be in the streets right now hanging people from trees.

Now, your turn to think about it..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

' ... I am just wondering how some other countries didn't have to to go through what we in the west had to, in order for them to prosper ... '

Surely it's because we in the West have never really been too keen on the hive-mind philosophy ? Not saying that's a good or bad thing, but it's not how we think, is it, in the West ?

For many years, the US was comprised primarily of pioneers from Northern Europe, where individuality is recognised, along with independence of action and spirit.

So, in the US (and Australia, the UK and most Northern European regions) we have a lot to contend with .. each other's opinions, for a start. We strive to find our unique place within millions of like-minded individuals.

Whenever a decision's to be made in the West, everyone gets a say, at least in principle. We're reasonably free to call our governments to account. The worst thing that's happened is total zionist control of Western media. Dismantling that situation should be foremost in the minds of all who value what we regard as 'our freedom'.

China doesn't have all those complications. People are required to keep their opinions to themselves and do as they're ordered. Harsh penalties ensure that few break ranks. The people are required to work for the 'common good'. Individuality and independence of thought and spirit are not generally rewarded or fostered.

Interestingly, Western PTB appear to be in the process of implementing a more repressive regime, whilst China seems keen to give the impression it's opening up and becoming more Western.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

No. Sorry. I do believe the Chinese alleged Space Walk to be faked.

And I suspect the US offered to help them in that regard.

The US (more correctly, it's zionist controllers/manipulators) is ever active in driving wedges between individuals, groups, nations. Like a psychotic parent, pitting one against the other. The old Divide and Conquer.

They might come unstuck with regard to China though.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by spacebot
Oh BTW, you can't fake space vehicles in to space as to be felt by radars. If there was any reality in the claim that NORAD didn't "feel" anything about the Chinese space walk, then it would be all over the western freaking news, wouldn't it?
Yeah, think about it...

I have thought about it - perhaps more than you judging by this post.

The U.S. government has for quite awhile been "walking on egg shells" vis a vis the Chinese - which would easily explain why publicizing what NORAD didn't see regarding the chinese "launch" isn't all over the news.

Your turn to think about it ...

Again, this is just my word you have to take or not take, based on someone I personally know who monitors this stuff.....China did not launch anything into space this past week. We have satellites and people sitting behind tons of screens - think about the movie "war games", who monitor all of this. China can NOT launch anything without the US knowing. As of Friday, it is still sitting on the pad.

I will try and find out more tomorrow when he goes back into work - to verify again. As long as something is not classified, I can find out.
I did ask if it was OK for me to post this, and I was told yes.

Why isn't it all over the news? Because its not a huge headline story like uh, the economy is right now. The "west" is WAY more concerned about our economy and who will be president then the Chinese trying to hoax everyone.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Even wikipedia records some fakery surrounding them.

Following the questionable landings of both Shenzhou 2 and Shenzhou 5, an unofficial controversy was started after diffusion of official images of the upper part of the capsule presenting a large and mysterious 20 cm diameter hole.
en.wikipedia.org...

20cm hole in the roof of a spacecraft?

Those are SPEED HOLES! DUH!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Glad you posted that in this thread too, Greeneyedleo .

Glad some still have what it takes to speak out (referring here to your informed associate).

It's no big deal, we know that. If China wants to convince its people that it's making giant strides in space as well as on the planet, it's not going to affect us too much, one way or the other. Gee, China has already been handed most Westerners' jobs and owns a sizeable chunk of US debt.

But we're not required to play along with media farces (oops .. nearly misspelled that).

Suspect there are more than a few Chinese who didn't buy the Space Walk hoopla either.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well, here is an update on the "China trip and spacewalk"...hmmmm:

www.bloomberg.com...

Chinese Astronauts Safely Return to Earth After First Spacewalk

By Wing-Gar Cheng

Sept. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Astronauts from China's third manned space mission returned safely to Earth after a 68-hour journey that included the nation's first spacewalk by Zhai Zhigang.

The Shenzhou VII capsule, crewed by Zhai, Liu Boming and Jing Haipeng, landed in central Inner Mongolia at 5.37 p.m. today. It was shown live on state-owned China Central Television. The astronauts launched Sept. 25 from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwestern Gansu.

``It was a glorious mission,'' Zhai said on state TV, after emerging from the landing capsule. ``I'm proud of my motherland.''

So, now the mission is to find out 1. Was there a landing in Mongolia- from space 2. Is there any footage of this landing that can be found and 3. Where the heck are all the images of space - REAL [new] images, not CGI

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I do not see how for any of the "non-Western" citizens of this world being labeled as part of "hive mind" would do any justice to them. I guess one can draw visual parallels between a hive of working bees and China which is not necessarily bad, but how this would do justice in describing the average Indian, or the average Russian for example?
We clearly see nations that DO NOT conform either by circumstances, or by choice to a globalization agenda, we see that rules that apply for us cannot apply to them, yet they can enjoy pretty much what we the non-hive minded westerners can.
Who was responsible for our "education" all these years?
Was it not the system we call Mass Media and which we believe it is an instrument of mass control? Who is making us to believe there are differences between these people and the rest of us? Who made us believe that every other system, with a different philosophy can only exist in a state of a hive mind? Who created the other hive mind systems, which now unarguably are being left abandoned.
Who might sponsor conspiracy theories to exist abound with in our minds just for the sake of it? Conspiracies to be believed when nothing we have been tought to believe in, stands strong through the test of time. When plain reality itself is not convenient enough for our Controllers, when it is threatening to them?

How much do we control the information we gather? How much our opinions are ours?

If I was the controller, It would sure be convenient as hell to me having my subjects to believe they are not being dumbed down, they are not being left behind, whatever achievements others make and nay status changes are not important for them, they are still on the top of the food chain, nothing to worry about..no need to question the system, everything is fine.

We have let others decide for us what could be real and what could be not? Do we believe we are awake while we are vast asleep?
Is the very action of posting in a conspiracy site evidence of our "awakened" intelligence for us OR is it what we post in it?
Are we dreaming that we are "awake" in reality?

Sorry for going of topic.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by spacebot]

Anybody noticed I ask questions instead of giving answers?

[edit on 29-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

Surely it's because we in the West have never really been too keen on the hive-mind philosophy ? Not saying that's a good or bad thing, but it's not how we think, is it, in the West ?

When I read some of the partisan support for both the left and right (on both sides of the Atlantic) I'm wondering whether we are really as free from the 'hive-mind' as you're suggesting.

Whenever a decision's to be made in the West, everyone gets a say, at least in principle. We're reasonably free to call our governments to account.

"Reasonably" is genuinely stretching it here. I'm not sure whether either the UK or the US has any real ability to call our governments to account at all. On paper, in principle; maybe. In the real world? No way at all. Do you think either the UK or the US would be in the positions they're in today regarding any major issue if the governments were genuinely accountable?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure where this is going, exactly

Within discussion of a faked Chinese Space Walk, I very generally responded to questions from a poster. If I'd known my responses were to be analysed and scrutinised off topic, I might have cared to be more specific.

As it is, I'd like to see the thread return to topic, i.e., OP thread-title, 'China Fakes Reports From Space'

And yes, I believe they faked it. And not very convincingly

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
What ever happened to tang? The orange juice of the galaxy.

China is a player, but it has decades to ketchup.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I hate to say this, but its true.

Crying "fake" over this is a typical reaction from people who do not want to believe that other nations may be catching up technologically. It just smacks of sour grapes.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

I hate to say this, but its true.

Crying "fake" over this is a typical reaction from people who do not want to believe that other nations may be catching up technologically. It just smacks of sour grapes.

I agree. Whatever the 'real' story behind America's achievements in their own space programme, particularly during the 1960s, wasn't that lauded as a triumph for all the world as much as it was a raised finger to the Soviets? About was humanity was capable of? "A giant leap for mankind" and all that? It just seems that as soon as others are able to follow in such accomplishments it's just a case of 'ppppffffftttt!' and 'yeah, right'.

There's an awful irony in some of the comments regarding China and the last Olympics. Of course, every other country in the world has a completely honest and transparent government that never lies, distorts or fakes events in a bid to promote its interests.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I personally don't doubt the allegations but what this does is pose the bigger picture and subsequent question, why feel the need to fake it? What is so important and prestigious about space exploration that prompts powers to exagerate their space capabilities?

It was hugely symbolic during the cold war and still begs to be as important today. Nations spends billions and billions of dollars on such projects and even emerging powers are literally dying to get into space.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Lucasfilms and Skywalker Ranch said that they are behind in delivering the Chinese Space footage.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I laughed when I first started watching that space walk. I think my brain has been fried by movie graphics. Anyway, if it's real after all, congratulations China! Space is cool.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

So, now the mission is to find out 1. Was there a landing in Mongolia- from space 2. Is there any footage of this landing that can be found and 3. Where the heck are all the images of space - REAL [new] images, not CGI

Ok. I have some links to share. I still do not believe that this event happened, but its only fair to provide all that is available for everyone to make up their own mind.

The sources of this information is China:

www.n2yo.com...

SHENZHOU-7 can be found in the following categories:
Space & Earth Science
NORAD ID: 33386
Int'l Code: 2008-047A
Perigee: 336.3 km
Apogee: 343.5 km
Inclination: 42.4°
Period: 91.2 min
Launch date: September 25, 2008
Source: People's Republic of China (PRC)
Comments: China successfully launched its third manned spacecraft on Thursday with three astronauts on board to attempt the country's first-ever space walk. The spaceship Shenzhou-7 blasted off on a Long March II-F carrier rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in the northwestern Gansu Province at 9:10 p.m. after a breathtaking countdown to another milestone on China's space journey. Onboard pilots Zhai Zhigang, Liu Boming and Jing Haipeng are expected to orbit the earth for three days, when one of them will float out of the cabin about 343 kilometers above the earth. When they make it, China will become the third country in the world who is able to conduct extravehicular activity (EVA) in space following the former Soviet Union and the United States.

www.reuters.com...
China's space capsule lands safely
(00:44) Rough Cut
Sep 28 - The Shenzhou VII space capsule has returned to Earth after a successful mission orbiting the planet.

The mission is seen as a key step in China's ambitious space programme. There are plans to build an orbiting space station in the next few years. The highlight of the mission was a 15 minute spacewalk where astronaut Zhai Zhigang emerged from the capsule to wave a Chinese flag.

The Shenzhou VII landed around 5:40 p.m (0940 GMT) on the steppes of northern Inner Mongolia region with the images broadcast live on national TV.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join