It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell: Final Declassification (History Channel)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Friday MArch 16, 8pm EST

In 1947, a strange object fell from the sky near Roswell, New Mexico, and controversy brewed over what it really was. In November 2001, we convened a team of experts at the National Archives for an exclusive first look at the top-secret government files of the UFO incident. We unveil the remaining classified files--11 boxes with 17 notebooks of declassified files, photos, transcripts and audiotapes of dozens of witnesses, and 22 films and videos--in a definitive statement on the 50-year-old mystery.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
*ahem* Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't all this Roswell case been discussed/posted many a time over? But I'd probably end up watching it eventually.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Jeffrey]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think so but this is the FINAL DECLASSIFICATION!!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
yes true. But how many declassifications have there been before this one?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
yes true. But how many declassifications have there been before this one?

EXACTLY...This will end up being a bunch of mumbo jumbo that everyone has already heard before,probably ending with the atypical,"It was confirmed in the end,to be nothing more than a weather balloon."LOL

If it ever "REALLY" gets declassified,it will likely be a front page news event the world over.But I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Nothing but a bunch of crap. We have had so many declassifications over the years and not one of them have meant a damn thing. Besides. Why would the government be willing to hand over actual evidence?

Freedom of Information Act? AAAAAAAAAHH! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have seen this special before. Or, atleast, every single millisecond of footage that was on the commercial for it I've seen in a prior History Channel special a few months back..

If so, this is what will happen:
The producer(s)/narrator/host will open a large, triangular light-colored wooden box, that will contain the SAME silvery material that was used to cover up the initial incident (which was deemed a weather balloon). If you have an extensive interest in the truth behind Roswell, this show will do little save PISSING YOU OFF in nothing less than a royal fashion.

I believe they will 'throw you a bone', although it will hardly be the case. I'd just like to prepare anyone who thinks this will be a breakthrough in any sense.

In addition, I second the notion put forth by 11thdimension-- if there were to be any grand unveiling, you would certainly see it on CNN before the special aired.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I saw this special last year. It did make me more seriously consider that there might have been a mistake intentionaly mixed up with denial/coverup of the top secret Mogul project. Unlike some believers, I am interested in both sides of the story. The jury is still out for me on Roswell.

To summerize: The narrator explains the Roswell story, a few people are interview, the researchers go through alot of declassified material and then pull out a radar reflector from the mogul ballon. IIRC

The special is ah-ite. A good distraction to waste some time.

I stand by motto: "I want irrefutable Proof Please!"

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
when im a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone
pink floyd ...a line from one of the songs from the wall

well weve all been good little dogs
now there going to unveil the final declassifications of the Roswell incident.

I saw that this morning " are we all ready to get pull out our spongey brains and mop a load of propaganda or what"

ill watch it. but seriously folks they might just throw a little tid bit for yu to nibble at .
but who is going to be gullible enough to beleive what they are going to say ......
only those who dont beleive in the phenoumena of ufos or aliens

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
I saw this special last year. It did make me more seriously consider that there might have been a mistake intentionaly mixed up with denial/coverup of the top secret Mogul project. Unlike some believers, I am interested in both sides of the story. The jury is still out for me on Roswell.

To summerize: The narrator explains the Roswell story, a few people are interview, the researchers go through alot of declassified material and then pull out a radar reflector from the mogul ballon. IIRC

The special is ah-ite. A good distraction to waste some time.

I stand by motto: "I want irrefutable Proof Please!"

I'm recording this tonight when I get home. What I don't understand is why all of the sudden bring up Project Mogul when the conflict with Russia was over along time ago. Couldn't they reveal it when all the dust was settled with Russia? IMO Mogul was just a smoke screen to get the conspirators who were getting close to the truth to shut up.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
One possibility:

Project Mogul was an experimental microphone detection system that was in use at the time.(1947) Russia did not detonate their first bomb until 1949. In the meantime, the US was using Mogul in hopes to detect any detonations. The US was very keen in keeping that hidden.

I think that since the Mogul project was unsucessful and abandoned not long after Roswell, it was forgotten about.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I think that since the Mogul project was unsucessful and abandoned not long after Roswell, it was forgotten about.

Yeah, but the Roswell story kept people constantly interested since the event. People are still interested today in what really happened. You would think the military would (even though Mogul was unsucessful) say that Mogul was what crashed and not a flying saucers after Mogul was abandoned. They should've still told us the truth back then instead of keeping us guessing.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If there were a 'final declassification' on what happened at Roswell, and if it actually was an alien crash, I would highly doubt that the History Channel would get the exclusive.

There would be all kinds of media giants clammoring, even killing for that story.

DC

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yea I saw the special before as well, It made alot of sense and gave good reason why they like the UFO story, More people think the Gov is covering UFOs at Roswell the more people do not think about their Spy Program. Watch it, it makes you think perhaps there was no aleins after all

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Mr. Mulder,

The Roswel event did not keep people constantly interested afterwards. Actually it was for the most part forgotten until the late 70's when Stanton Friedman interviewed Jesse Marcel in "Flying Saucers are Real."

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Mr. Mulder,

The Roswel event did not keep people constantly interested afterwards. Actually it was for the most part forgotten until the late 70's when Stanton Friedman interviewed Jesse Marcel in "Flying Saucers are Real."

Oh, that's right I forgot about that. Sorry. But you see my point? They should've announced Mogul in the 70's after the Roswell mystery resurfaced again. That's all I'm trying to say.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Interesting when you mention Rendlesham Forest / Bentwaters the military would get all scared and really avoided speaking of it at all costs. I guess because of the NSA connections the base had.
www.ufoevidence.org...
Many of the observers of those nights are alive and well today and stick by their story.

Roswell is a different story. They kind of make fun of it like the City Council did the Phoenix Lights.

Another hush hush incident the military gets uneasy about is the Shag Harbor Incident

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Mr. Mulder,

I see your point, but the "Flying Saucers are Real" documentary was just a little tiny blip on the cultural radar. In the Air Forces eyes, the Roswell drama was long dead. There was not any real significant public demand for an explanation at the time of the Marcel interview. And if there is not enough public demand to warrant investigation, then what do you think the Aif Force is going to do?

The reason the Air Force eventually put out "Case Closed" was because they were beseiged with calls and info requests on a daily basis. That did not happen over night. It took years for the Marcel story to get around and for the public demand to reach such a crescendo that the Air Force had no choice but to react to it.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Shag Habor one, to me Seems more real than Rosewell, The people who came out (Navy Divers Etc) Seem much more reliable witnesses

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The Shag Habor one, to me Seems more real than Rosewell, The people who came out (Navy Divers Etc) Seem much more reliable witnesses

Shag Harbor and Bentwaters scared the crapola out of the military, just a fact.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join