It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gustav is coming , but i gotta stay

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dont listen to this guy, hes lying. They have posts like this all the time at the Weather Underground Blog, no matter what you tell them to do, they always have a reason why they cant or wont or w/e.
Just another clue less idiot taking advantage of a serious situation to gain attention and sympathy.
Mods should just close it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Have you noticed, as well, that the OP hasn't been on ATS in 30 minutes? They posted this and all, got us all responding and then had to leave. ( maybe they finally realized - drunk or not - that it was time to head for northern ground.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, i have one roomate thats finally getting it

I actaully got him to read your responses

and his parents gave him there other car

we WILL tie her up (the drunk one) if need be

yeah, i'm talkin to the cop that walks the area, and he's sayin to get the hell out

so now i'm considering a plan to leave

but i'm still at work

oh and those bus stations to the shelter WILL get the average person raped and robbed, but at least i can leave without that being the option i take

so i will be formulating an exit , i think, tonight when i get off work

i stiil wanna see wehat it does once it gets into the gulf

but it's not looking pretty

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

WHAT, no i'm really serious, i live in Marrero ( a suberb of New Orleans)

the travelodge i work at is just on the other side of the canal from where i live

THIS IS NOT A JOKE

I"M REALLY DOWN HERE!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Good.

God speed. Be safe.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Dont listen to this guy, hes lying. They have posts like this all the time at the Weather Underground Blog, no matter what you tell them to do, they always have a reason why they cant or wont or w/e.
Just another clue less idiot taking advantage of a serious situation to gain attention and sympathy.
Mods should just close it.

Many people have been wanting to stay in their homes for the sake of not losing their belongings or risk themselves getting raped or robbed when they leave (that's natural for us to think like that). But some people can't actually grasp of what is like living through a hurricane (rather than sacrificing some clothes or electrical equipment and gadgetry that can always be purchased after the storm). I never been in a hurricane but I seen the power of one on T.V. Some people think that they can just tough out a storm that can't be fought.

Fear itself meets with panic and confusion.

I believe that he's telling the truth without a doubt.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mtmouse32

Sorry, i'm kinda trying to work stuff out,

sorry i don't have time to respond every fifteen minutes

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thank you all for the advice

I'm thinkin that it really might not be survivable , but i wont know till sometime early tomarrow morning

but if it's lookin the way it is now, we simply can't stay, least we be washed away

and maybe we wont come back if we do leave

i can't deal with nature making me leave every other year

this is just too much

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

guess you don't get hurricains in that Parallel Universe you live in hu?

Lucky you

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by goukilock

i live in Marrero ( a suberb of New Orleans)

Oh god, Marrero, I'd hoped I'd never have to hear the name of
that city again.
Spent to many weeks in that city doing flood claims, block after block.
Id almost swear I was even shot at there, heard the crack and the ricochet but
no holes in me or my truck so Idk, maybe it was someone scaring off looters.

I still dont believe you though. Yes I believe, (know) there are people still there but if you truly wanted to leave that bad youd concentrate on finding a way and not posting on a blog, thats what I would be doing..
Whatever though.

peace

guess you don't get hurricains in that Parallel Universe you live in hu?

Lmao, ive been through 3 storms since 04, Jeanne Frances and was in Abbyville La when Rita hit, I was at the sunshine (or something like that) hotel, just down from New Iberia and the Vermillion River.
I'm a catastrophic claims adjuster, I go in after storms hit and and usually caught there when another storm hits in the surrounding areas.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

People thought they could survive Katrina, too, and ride it out. Didn't work so well for them.

If you want to live through that again, then so be it. Stick around. If you want to live, the get as much of your stuff as you can in your friends parent's car and get the hell out of there.

And, if you don't want to be driven out by a storm every couple of years, then don't live somewhere that is 20+ feet below sea level.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but people down there went through Katrina 3 years ago.....didn't that teach people anything?? When you are told to go, when you see a massive storm on the Weather Channel, GET OUT!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
well, i'm getting off work in a few, and this is the only computer that i can log onto ATS with this account, (based on an e-mail address I lost long ago)

but i will still keep up on this thread and reply just as anon.

and if i leave i'll just start a new account

but this is hopefully not the last time you'll hear from me

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

AH a claims adjuster , no wonder you don't believe anything

that works out when your slushing through peoples hopes and dreams that got takin away from them

then you tell them it's worth nothing

go ahead and put down my home town

it makes sense for your charactor

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Shouldnt you be looking for a way to be leaving, instead of arguing on a board with me?

Btw, im an independent adjuster that works for many insurance companies and have allegiances to none.
Its to my advantage to give the insured every penny they deserve, considering the higher I write them a check for, the higher my check is written for.

I had a pic on from marrero but it was on my other laptop, it was a pic of a sign that said..
Looters will be shot
Survivors will be hung.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So many Gustav threads - didn't know where to post this. I'm in the northern gulf region now and this afternoon we had a hell of a storm from the feeder bands. But I came across this and I wanted to post so residents in the affected area will know the parameters of what they will be dealing with if SHTF:

www.legitgov.org...

[edit on 30/8/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So many Gustav threads - didn't know where to post this. I'm in the northern gulf region now and this afternoon we had a hell of a storm from the feeder bands. But I came across this and I wanted to post so residents in the affected area will know the parameters of what they will be dealing with if SHTF:

www.legitgov.org...

1. Current sworn [may be full time, part time or reserve]
2. With arrest powers
3. Armed status (must indicate Armed and/or Semi Auto. Revolver only not accepted) expiration must be greater than 60 days out
4. Departmental credentials (not just a badge)

Armed Security Officers (all criteria must apply)

Only from the following states: OR, WA, CA, NV, NM, AZ, TX, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, IL, OK

1. Current/active/licensed/registered armed security officer
2. All training verification [unarmed and armed certificates of completion]
3. Current state issued face card indicting armed status [expiration must be greater than 60 days out]

Why no-one from Mississippi or Louisianna?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here's the Contra-flow plan for Louisiana: www.dotd.state.la.us...

If you can, go and go now. Take supplies with you. If you can't acquire them easily, don't wait....... acquire them later.

Mandatory evac is in place. Be safe, and prayers for your and others' safety on the Gulf Coast.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If your buddies stood on a train track to watch the incoming train, would you stand there with them? Just because it's not as obvious and physical as a train doesn't make it any better. Leave. Between the option of staying with no way out, or leaving with you, perhaps your friends will change their minds.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'd like to believe your story about "having to stay" but there is no way in hell that I believe you really do "have to stay". You're choosing to keep yourself in a very dangerous situation where there are factual risks of an actual storm instead of having a little faith in your fellow man and taking the chance of getting to safety because of the "rumors" and "possibility" of getting raped and robbed, which btw could still happen if you choose to stay where you are.

The window of opportunity for you to get out safely is closing rather quickly. Get out now while you still have to the option to do so and worry about your so called friends later if they are not willing to leave. Real friends would take your worries seriously and listen to you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join