It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

I don't know I have to say, but having looked at these "Rods" a little more closely it doesn't seem that they should be able to fly.....perhaps the strong magnetic fields enable them to move around/exist. If in fact they are real.
(well done for making the connection between the rods and magnetic fields i hadn't thought of that!!!)
I haven't actually seen anything that disproves them...but then I haven't seen anything that actually proves beyond reseaonable doubt that they are a new life form.
I'm drawing attention to the Rods because of their loose connection to this thread...They happen to live in caves around the world i believe.
It just seemed obvious to me to make the connection. Hopefully in doing so it allows everyone on here to see them and perhaps add something which might explain them..I may learn something new as might we all, of course, there may be nothing in it.
I notice other posters were quick to condem the "Rods" without actually explaining why. Which i have to say is something which i find increasingly annoying while on ATS.
A lot of Posters on this forum are getting it in the neck just for put a thread up...take a look at the response to the "Humans not related to Apes" story!!!
I try to have an open mind about most things, obvious hoaxers, well i just don't comment on...hopefully they will get bored and leave but in my humble opinion this Untersberg mystery is what i joined this site for and everyone bringing a constructive piece of the puzzle (if they have anything) together might actually help our understanding of such "anomalies".
i don't want to sound like a looney tune but i have to say i believe in stories about the little people, be they fairies, dwarves, willo the whisps there is something to it...i don't know what but clearly there are too many tales and unexplained events concerning them for it all to be fiction.....and duplicated around the world in many different cultures......You know what Mr Spock would say?.................and he'd be right.

In the modern era organised religion is largely to blame for such tales being snuffed out.
This needs to be more than a talking shop we need to get away from the keyboards and follow it up somehow.....the worst that can happen is we won't find anything!!...Who's with me??????

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerome Newton

I am not here to condemn rods as you say.. especially without giving a reason but let me explain why rods are not something many people take seriously.
It has been proven that rods can and are created by a filming speed that is slower than the object that it is filming.

The reason you can see a film that has rods and still see other birds and bugs is because all creatures fly at different speeds. Some are slow enough to be caught normally by a conventional camera and some are so fast that most cameras will show rods but when the same space is filmed by a faster camera at the same time as the slower camera suddenly you see that the rods you thought were rods are actually explainable bugs and birds or other flying objects.

This has been tested and recorded and proven.

I love to find new and wondrous things also but I have to admit when something is not wondrous at all but just previously unexplained.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Sounds fair enough...as i said i had no idea...but i think you have explained them away to my satisfaction!!!
Mmmmm note to self......must do more research before i post speculative theories!!!
thanks Nephratari, at least we can concentrate on dwarves now!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Its a really good docu..
nl.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pazzzzz

nice one Pazzzzz......well done
(not a one line post )

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sorry Skyfloating, I know it is of topic but I could not resist this one because nothing could stop those US heroes then, even those mystical powers inside that Untersberg mountain.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Hitler built a House on top of a mountain on the border to Austria (called "Berghof") from which he could view the Untersberg (direct translation: Under-Mountain) all day. He believed the mountain and that which was inside the mountain to harbour mystical powers that would help him beat his enemies.
This is Hitler beside one of the telescopes pointing at the Untersberg:

Mustangs over Hitlers Eagles Nest on the "Berghof" mountain.

P-51D's of the 339th Fighter Group roar over the rooftop of Hitler's now abandoned folly. With Germany and the Third Reich on the brink of defeat, this majestic aviation image conveys the poignant irony of the greatest lost cause in human history, with
P-51 Mustangs providing a fitting symbol of victory over tyranny.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Skyfloating, great thread!

Did anyone actually go and watch the video posted earlier? I watched the whole thing twice and was able to pick out parts of the German which are talking about the King under the Mountain legend, but the other people they were interviewing spoke too fast and used too many "big words" for me to get it...

Der Untersberg

I was hoping that perhaps one of our native German speakers had watched it and could give us a quick synopsis of what all they were talking about?

When I was around 11 and we were back in Germany for a year, I remember going on a school trip into the mountains for skiing and sledding. I remember our guide telling us a little story about the dwarves under the mountains and not to get separated from the group or they might take us. Of course we rolled our eyes and assumed it was just another boogeyman story told to keep us kids where they wanted us .. and maybe it was .. Before you ask, I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of the mountains, although I thought it was part of the Alps.

I have also seen this good article debunking rods and regretfully concluded that they are fast-flying bugs.

Thanks again for all the great information and reading material, Sky!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

OK, sorry for my rant.

I will post some Portuguese information soon to compensate for my lack of patience.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hi,

@heike: just watched it, but it has nothing special.

To summarise - it begins with the story of Charlemagne under the mountain, dwarves (again) lead a shepherd into the mountain to meet Charlemagne, who inquires about the ravens. The shepherd tells him they still fly around the Untersberg, Charlemagne goes back to sleep.

Then a scientist explains how the extensive cave systems formed, with some supporting imagery. The narrator goes on to explain that the ~400 caves of the Untersberg lend a lot of material for folk tales.

Then a priest talks about Hitler and the Untersberg, he says that Hitler wanted to equate himself to Charlemagne and style himself a bringer of peace (just like good old Charly did, being one of the bloodiest butchers ever). He pointed out that like any such ideology (bringing of peace, no hunger for anyone, ...) can easily be perverted and used to do just the opposite.

Then the priest remarks on something more interesting - he said that even though Hitler improved living conditions and unemployment rates, that alone could never have created such fanaticism in his followers, and that Hitler used (not specifically named) mythology to influence the people in his favour and liken himself to a mythological hero. Never heard that one before, seems a point worth considering.

It ends with the conclusion of the story from the beginning, with the same shepherd being led into the mountain by the dwarves. The shepherd tells Charlemagne that the ravens don't fly around the mountain anymore, and he proceeds out of the mountain with his army, goes to the pear tree near Wals and there judges over good and evil, a 3-day battle ensues, after which he, the victor, hangs his shield on the pear tree (itself also a matter of some lore and legend, posted previously in this thread). The golden age of humanity without hunger or strife has begun.

HTH.

[edit on 30.8.08 by SETILunatic]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

spacevisitor: Thats symbolically significant

Heike: I had watched it when it was posted but forgotten to comment on it. SETI did a perfect summary of it.

ArMap: If and when I have the time I´ll try posting more meat.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerome Newton

Thanks for sharing you're thoughts
. I understand you're point very clear...I somehow believe that to join a forum like this, it's great to be openminded and not have a "tunnel view". If we do not risk anything, means that if we do not take the chance and make fools out of ourself, make mistakes and so on, we will miss the chance to go and find new ways of solving all these puzzles. In this amazing thread, no one so far was able to answer the question why three people vanished at the Untersberg and sud. showed up in Alexandria. If we can't find a correct answer to a certain question it's a good idea to put "everything on the table" and "outraise" the possibilities one by one. So far anything/nothing is possible. Well of course i don't believe Elvis is still alive and all that kind of thing LOL.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Found this, dont know if this was allready posted, if so, then im sorry!!

alpenfestung.com...

Its in german, and my german is well not good also not bad, but not good enough to translate this all..

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Someone said "it's always good to try new things" LOL

Mystery hobbit man lived alongside humans

The remains of a little cousin of modern man nicknamed "the hobbit" that lived only 12,000 years ago have been unearthed by scientists, in a spectacular find that rewrites the story of human evolution.

The discovery on a remote Indonesian island shows that Homo sapiens shared the Earth with more primitive relatives soon before the dawn of recorded history, and suggests a tantalising explanation for the myths of elves, dwarves and "wild men of the woods" that are popular all over the world.

Some scientists even believe it possible that the creature, or something like it, could still survive today in the planet's most isolated and unexplored outposts.

"This has startling implications. It is fundamental to religious and scientific ideas of humanity that we are a unique species. This species shows us that for all but the very last few of the last seven million years, there has been more than one species of human living at the same time. There was virtually no time when we were the only species."
source :Timesonline

Hobbit-Like Human Ancestor Found in Asia

Homo floresiensis is an addition to the short list of other human species that lived at the same time as modern humans. I think people will be surprised to learn that not so long ago, we were not alone," said Brown.

Still, rumors, myths, and legends of tiny creatures have swirled around the isolated island for centuries. It's certainly possible that they interacted with modern humans, according to the researchers.
source : nationalgeographic.

to avoid misunderstandings i will explain the reason why i find these articles interesting : on a "upper level" it somehow shows that the myths can be truth. Also explain why caves/underworlds habitants was/are small. Question of survival/:Evolution
???

[edit on 30-8-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Indeed....tread where none of us has treaded before. Thats the only way to collect new data...even if we sometimes make a fool of ourselves.

Liked that last post of yours.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
continued from previous posts

11. Various Images of the Subterranean Dwarfs

About 15 miles east of the Untersberg is a place called "Marbell Gardens" which features a collection of dwarfs cut out of stone, based on mideaval descriptions.
These are only a few of them:

A somewhat creepy one:

Note to the anonymous poster who sent that picture of an Orb: MORE PLEASE!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
continued from previous posts

12. The Crystal Skull of Untersberg

Source

I´ll translate the data some other time...unless someone else is in a rush and beats me to it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi,

1st post with the dwarven statues - yes, it's the "Zwergerlgarten" (dwarf garden) in the Mirabell gardens. It has a collection of a few such sculptures in one place.

However, it's hardly the only place here where this is so.

Compare Schloss Hellbrunn, which houses the Salzburg zoo in its very extended "back yard". It also houses the "Wasserspiele" (in english too, for a change), which abound with dwarven and other mythological imagery and statues. Click through the links on the bottom right, you'll see at least a little bit. These were trick fountains operated by water pressure which worked pretty complex mechanics, commissioned by Markus Sittikus in 1613 to amuse his guests, or rather, himself, by splashing them.

Also, on top of the Mönchsberg (monk's mountain), one of several small mountains inside the city of Salzburg, there are some other dwarven statues in some places.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen as much dwarven imagery, much less statues, in other places I've lived in. They are all over the place in Salzburg. Garden gnomes don't count.

To put things into perspective - Schloss Mirabell was the town residence of the ruler and magistrate, Schloss Hellbrunn was the country estate. They were both used by the same people.

I remember reading about that crystal skull somewhere, but only briefly. Will have to read up.

Another thing - Salzburg means salt castle. Which it literally was, this was what secured the city's provenance. The castle overlooking Salzburg was built in 1066, at which time the town was already large by the standards of that time. Mining, crystals as well as salt, even some ore, have been an integral part of this region, and it has always been on the wealthy side for that reason. Guess where the salines are - no, not in the Untersberg, but in the Dürrnberg, which is pretty much adjacent to it.

[edit on 30.8.08 by SETILunatic]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow, a crystal skull too? That is also the same as in the game I was talking about. The crystal skull is what you find deep within the mountain, but it turned out that the skull just held the real relic, which was the devil's eye. I'm definitely thinking Untersberg was in the minds of these game makers now. Fascinating, wish I would have known this sooner.

Great post about the hobbits btw.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Why has this thread received so many stars and flags? I have not yet seen a single piece of solid evidence. This is a waste of time, although interesting from a science fiction standpoint. It is loch ness, bigfoot, yeti esque.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SETILunatic

Come to think of it, I haven't seen as much dwarven imagery, much less statues, in other places I've lived in. They are all over the place in Salzburg. Garden gnomes don't count.

As you said, Salzburg is hardly the only place where dwarves abound.
In fact, they are rampant all over Europe (and especially Central Europe. :-))

Nothing surprising about that. They were an extremely popular motif in the Baroque age, especially in court gardens (because courts usually had a real dwarf or two - they served the function of the "court jesters" of yore).
But the story about their role in the figurative arts, while interesting, is a bit too long to recount it here. (Here's a concise and relatively informative article.)

P.S. And yes, garden gnomes DO count: they are the legitimate descendants of the courtly dwarves.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join