It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralLee
Congratulations SkyFloating. Very enjoyable and informative. You have managed something that I have yet to witness on ATS. 15 pages with no infighting, name calling or otherwise nay saying! Actually, its delightful. I look forward to reading more of your facinating data. Thanks again.

indeed yes that is why i like this thread,....no biting or fighting....just lots of enquiring minds...

THANKS Sky !!!!!

cheers
snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk

indeed yes that is why i like this thread,....no biting or fighting....just lots of enquiring minds...

THANKS Sky !!!!!

Im impressed by the behaviour here as well. Everybody is just digging up information, contributing, sourcing, referencing, refuting...its a great collaborative effort.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looking at them pictures taken of the caves this one kinda reminds me of something you'd find should you go to Stonehenge. One horizontal slab balanced on top of 2 verticle slabs. I wonder if there's any connection or something? Or is it just an entrance of some kind?

Just an observation i guess i could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tactical-Siege

I must have missed that. Which cave was that taken in?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hi,

the Franz Hartmann book you kindly provided a link to is something I will research further. The link gives "only" the first 95 pages and the last one, which I devoured in short order, feeling a bit unsatisified because of the omission of the larger part of the book.

The only library copy that is shown when you click on that link is in the austrian national library in Vienna, and shown as "usable", so I'll definitely have to go and view it in its entirety.

Have you found a full copy somewhere else, sky?

Also, I meant what I said about going back to revisit Königssee and the surrounding areas - though it might just take me a few weeks to fit it into my schedule. Pictures and another first-hand account of what the place felt like would surely be interesting for everyone viewing this thread.

Another person from Vienna already posted that he will take his SLR camera there in the future, maybe we can team up?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by SETILunatic]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I must have missed that. Which cave was that taken in?

The centre of the top layer of this.

click

Maybe i'm lost i came across it when somebody posted it on a previous page, maybe they were talking about another place

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yeah, it sure is in another place. Its on the Island of Malta.

But interesting nevertheless. I didnt suspect stonehenge-like structures on Malta.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SETILunatic

No, I dont have the complete book. But I´ll make sure to provide a source referring to Untersberg as Wotansberg...as thats an important piece of this puzzle.

Many have suggested "meeting up" at Untersberg here. I figure, once you´re ready, just post it here and see whoever wants to join you.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just realised what i did before reading your reply. I had confused this topic with another topic i am researching. The incident in Malta. Whoops >.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
These are the search results you get if you type in Wotansberg and Untersberg. Unfortunately none of them are in English:

Search Results

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi sky,

you're right, there are quite a few mentions of the Untersberg as Wotansberg. My bad - it's interesting that I've never heard that name or connection at all.

However, I must confess not having researched too much about it. That will change.

The connection with Hitler and the SS is something I have read and wondered about many times, and most of the things I've read have been mentioned in this thread already. Kudos.

Contrary to what Byrd said (though he's obviously older than I am and was there at a time I wasn't even born, if I read his posts correctly), I cannot confirm that the image of the dwarves has changed. They were always described as small in stature, with peculiar eyes (though there the descriptions differ, some say glowing eyes, some dark), and usually gray and wrinkly skin. The stories I have read are mostly not of recent descent; some of them were several hundreds of years old. The youngest I know is from the 1930s. The dwarves are always associated with great wealth and power, but not always or even usually as benevolent per se - rather, as beings that would give what they get; mistreat them and suffer the consequences, be fair and humble and be rewarded, or, put another way, if what you wanted from them was just and not only out of self-interest, they'd help, otherwise, make sure you'd regret it.

There are also giants and "weird women" in the tales, but usually they are portrayed similarly; do what they say and be rewarded, cross them and be destroyed. The connecting theme is always the subterranean nature of their abodes (caves, some close or on the surface, some far below).

The connection with Archbishop Firmian is something I find extremely intriguing. The amount of information to be had about this topic is very small, or about Firmian himself, even for a native. I firmly believe the catholic church had a lot to do with that. I would much like to see more information revealed about this connection (Hulzogger and Firmian), but alas that will probably never happen.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by SETILunatic]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I actually tried them searches myself and on Google i'm pretty sure that there is a "Translation" option next to the link above the each result?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Typing "tunnel" along with "koenigssee", "untersberg" or "obersalzberg" displays some interesting results.

The place is said to have hundreds of miles of nazi tunnels all over the place...some of which are rumoured to have existed before the nazis came.

Most are off-limits to public though.

And, as an add-on, a bit of a darker/more mystical atmosphere of the koenigssee

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What a brilliant find! Wow it makes you wonder what's hidden away down there, i had heard about tunnels such as these on documentries, i'm even more interested now.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You're right - just hit ''translate this page'' beside each hit and they should translate into English.

(some are not working)

Breifne

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
continued from previous posts

So, we are supposed to believe that they "accidentally" travelled through half a dozen countries without a passport for 3 months.

It seems quite possible that they are either a) Keeping it secret for their own reasons or b) were forced to invent a cover-story.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

Wasn't there someone, or was it you, Sky, who mentioned earlier in the thread that some man was told not to mention his story until thirty five years had passed? Maybe these individuals received a similar threat OR maybe the govt/news tried to cover their story so that people would dismiss this whole mystery altogether.

Awesome, awesome thread, BTW!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

interesing pics there Sky,

there was an episode of `cities of the underworld` that aired in the UK 3 months ago that featured the entire area, esp the nazi tunnels. it was on the History channel.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.history.com...

snoopyuk

[edit on 27-8-2008 by snoopyuk]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

**Youtube link**

:p

whoops that should be the right one i dunno..

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Tactical-Siege]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Tactical-Siege]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
very interestingthnx for the links....thisis what I was hoping for on ATS after reading a lot of bull....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The only way I'd even feel safe going into the tunnels that Sky posted would be with a group of marines all fully decked out with M-16's!!! Who know's what kind of "beings" could be in those long dark caverns!!!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join