It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US general warns Russia on nuclear bombers in Cuba

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with the missile shield IMO. The missiles are only an excuse. The hard liners in Russia are still a bunch of commie bastards who are pissed about losing the cold war. However, they are patient and now that Russia has a little money because of oil, they are going to try and flex their muscles by flying their bomber rust buckets.

Let them put bombers in Cuba. So what? The U.S. would intercept them way before they could reach America.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
NUCLEAR NUCLEAR...why cant the fcuk-ing media Portray it has a Regular Bomber or something. This Crap is really beginning too annoy me..yet I forgot they are also CTRL-ED by a higher source...Bummer!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
The hard liners in Russia are still a bunch of commie bastards

Fascinating. Who may I ask are these "commie bastards"? Please point them out for us. If you start by saying Putin, you don't need to go any further, because at that point ignorance will overshadow common sense. Putin is not and never was a communist. He served within the government aparatus during the end of the Soviet Era, but he has never shared in Communist idealogy. Calling him a communist is like calling Obama a neocon because he is a member of U.S. government headed by someone who is perceived as a neocon. President Medvedev was never a member of the Communist party. No senior member of Putin's party is a communist.

The only communists in Russia are a minority party barely getting 10% of the votes mostly from senior citizens, and a communist-neo-faschist party headed by a political outsides who bitterly opposes Putin.

So please enlighten us as to whom those commie bastards are. Perhaps you are referring to Lenin's corpse who will get up and start a revolution any day now.

who are pissed about losing the cold war.

There we go - anyone who does something you do not like has got to be pissed off. It is a good justification for everyone's "evil" actions. In fact world politics revolve around countless grudges. What then is the U.S. pissed about to provoke it into launching the Iraq war and encircling Russia through shadowy tactics?

flying their bomber rust buckets

As opposed to the U.S.' $2 billion B-2's which represent the utmost advances in technology (and even more utmost advances in Pentagon's ability to beg Congress for more funds) yet still have the uncanny ability to succumb to gravity as nothing more than a brick.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Who may I ask are these "commie bastards"? Please point them out for us. If you start by saying Putin, you don't need to go any further, because at that point ignorance will overshadow common sense.

Oh please stop with your propaganda garbage. Of course Putin is a commie. He is a hard line ex KGB agent who still thinks he is fighting the cold war.
The only ignorance here is your obvious propaganda or at the least your ignorant opinion.

There we go - anyone who does something you do not like has got to be pissed off.

Sorry, but it's just the pissed off commies.

I dislike a lot of people here on ATS and I don't think they are pissed.
So again, you are wrong. Take your psychological babble elsewhere.

As opposed to the U.S.' $2 billion B-2's which represent the utmost advances in technology (and even more utmost advances in Pentagon's ability to beg Congress for more funds) yet still have the uncanny ability to succumb to gravity as nothing more than a brick.

Ok, so what? At least they are not rust buckets.

Hell, at least we have the money to build more.

Hey, at least you admit they represent the utmost advances in technology. Thanks!

[edit on 25-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Talking war is one thing but talking nukes is like someone hitting the STUPID button over and over and over again until reality locks up and you have to send in for repairs.

Suddenly America has become the worlds newest CRAK ADDICT going nuts over everything while the rest of the world watches in disbelief.

If I were Russia hell yeah I would get my junk buckets ready to attack who knows what that crazy bastard [AKA] America will do next.

WAR JUNKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Suddenly America has become the worlds newest CRAK ADDICT going nuts over everything while the rest of the world watches in disbelief.

Oh yeah, wanting to build a DEFENSIVE missile shield is really going nuts.

Please stop being a brain dead libroid and think for yourself once and awhile.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Look at your history people. When the soviets fell their troops stood down and marched home. So what did NATO do? Instead of following suit we continued to mass on their borders as the countries began to break away. Kind of a slap in the face dont you think? With that being said I dont see how a missile defense system )and granted I am assuming it is a defense system from what I here from the propaganda machine) warrants nuclear bombers right off our coast. Id like to know more about this missile shield and why it truly is pissing off the Russians.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Id like to know more about this missile shield and why it truly is pissing off the Russians.

The shield is not pissing them off. How could it? The shield only has like a total of 30 or 40 defensive missiles. Given that Russia has thousands of nuclear weapons, I don't see the threat to Russia from the shield.

Again, the shield is not pissing them off. That is just the excuse to exercise their muscles. Russia now has a little money because of oil and since they are pissed about losing the cold war, they are acting up trying to get attention because they want to seem relevant. Oh, and also because the entrenched leadership are still commies. This is only my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
They think its bs that what was once a Warsaw country and is now NATO hurts their pride.Also they think that since we have them on the Russia border they are there in case we want to launch a nuclear strike and LOL 8 abm's take out the whole retaliatory strike back.LOL 8 out of over 500..not to mention they have buses.Plus the new Russian missile supposedly beats the abm's.So to me it just it hurts the pride of mother Russia.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Oh please stop with your propaganda garbage.

Whereas your garbage isn't even propaganda but just garbage.

Of course Putin is a commie.

God damn - you got me there. That is one solid arguement you got going. To argue with that would be like smashing your head against your ass - difficult to do and not particularly enlightning.

He is a hard line ex KGB agent who still thinks he is fighting the cold war.

As opposed to a what? A redneck retard backed by warmongering businessmen in the White House who thinks he is fighting an imaginary axis of evil while running his country headfirst into the ground and making a joke of himself and those he represents?

And what is this "hard line" BS? Someone who sticks to their original goal can be called a hard liner since he maintains a constant course. You used every senseless cliche of Putin and yet failed to explain in the least bit how Putin can be considered a communist.

Sorry, but it's just the pissed off commies.

I bet you know as much about Russia as Dick Cheney knows about liberal reforms.

Believe it or not, the only commies you should be concerned about are the ones in your imagination. But only your would know what they are pissed about.

I dislike a lot of people here on ATS and I don't think they are pissed.

Are you pissed?

Take your psychological babble elsewhere.

Yes sir. Perhaps I can serve a psychologist for those pissed off commies in your imagination.

Ok, so what? At least they are not rust buckets.

Something that does not resemble a rust bucket may be nothing more than a rust bucket in a $2 billion dollar disguise. And that rust bucket would be something that is completely unneeded and is yet pushed through by defense lobbyist for no other reason than to make money.

Hell, at least we have the money to build more.

Not while those money is being used to bail out your failing banks and funding your oil thirst.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Whereas your garbage isn't even propaganda but just garbage.

Ah, at least you admit that you were spewing propaganda. So, then I was correct. Thanks!

That is one solid arguement you got going.

Ok, if Putin is not a commie then what is he? A capitalist?

Please stop trying to be a comedian.

As opposed to a what? A redneck retard backed by warmongering businessmen in the White House who thinks he is fighting an imaginary axis of evil while running his country headfirst into the ground and making a joke of himself and those he represents?

Yes, opposed to that.
Ouch, must have hit a nerve.

I noticed you only spew insults instead of refuting that he was not a former hardcore KGB communist. Must be correct.

Are you pissed?

No way! How could I be since I'm living in the best country in the world.

Not while those money is being used to bail out your failing banks and funding your oil thirst.

There is still plenty to go around.

Keep dreaming.
Our defense department probably get more money than your entire country.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Id like to know more about this missile shield and why it truly is pissing off the Russians.

The shield is not pissing them off. How could it? The shield only has like a total of 30 or 40 defensive missiles. Given that Russia has thousands of nuclear weapons, I don't see the threat to Russia from the shield.

Again, the shield is not pissing them off. That is just the excuse to exercise their muscles. Russia now has a little money because of oil and since they are pissed about losing the cold war, they are acting up trying to get attention because they want to seem relevant. Oh, and also because the entrenched leadership are still commies. This is only my opinion.

It pisses them off because they know and we know that 6,000 of 6,050 Russian Nukes are useless because Haarp and a dozen other American projects revolve around the use of everything from Microwaves to Electromagnetics to knock out Icbms and a full shield is already in place.

We will never admit it but we all know...

So what the missile shield really represents is check mate, because if we can knock out their shielded missiles too... they have nothing

6000 or 50, not much matter in Nuclear war... 50 Missiles with multiple warheads would ruin all of Nato, including the US

The Russians aren't stupid they know as soon as we have enough traditional shielding, (missile defense systems lazers) they have to refit every nuke to keep pace...another cold war and go broke or they loose MAD

Lets face it... highly sensitive devices that rely on extremely sensitive timers to be able to go off just have alot of weaknesses. The missile defense stuff...is for the properly shielded missiles only... the rest will never go off...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Hmm Interesting. I guess Ive never taken the time to look into HAARP. So what your saying is HAARP is much more advanced than we know or that they portray? I know very little about HAARP so I dont mean to sound ignorant.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
THREAT.

No we don't want Nuclear Russian Bombers of the Coast of the United States...

What Defcon are we at again?

This would be constant Defcon 1 alertness.

We don't want bombers activated because Russia thought a T.V. satellite was a launched U.S. Nuclear Missile...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Rook1545
reply to post by alienstar

I don't know, if the US thinks putting missiles and other junk on Russia's doorstep is a great idea, why shouldn't Russia be able to return the favour? They are after all "just protecting themselves".

Another one that just doesn't get it. Thinks that somehow the U.S. missile defense system and russian offensive nuclear capable bombers are the same thing, or somehow equal.

I agree Russia should put anti balistic missles In Latin America not bombers.
tit for tat
The arrogance of the neocons may play well in America but around the world it doesn't do anything but tarnish America's image which is tar black now a days .

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

It pisses them off because they know and we know that 6,000 of 6,050 Russian Nukes are useless because Haarp and a dozen other American projects revolve around the use of everything from Microwaves to Electromagnetics to knock out Icbms and a full shield is already in place.

We will never admit it but we all know...

So what the missile shield really represents is check mate, because if we can knock out their shielded missiles too... they have nothing

6000 or 50, not much matter in Nuclear war... 50 Missiles with multiple warheads would ruin all of Nato, including the US

The Russians aren't stupid they know as soon as we have enough traditional shielding, (missile defense systems lazers) they have to refit every nuke to keep pace...another cold war and go broke or they loose MAD

Lets face it... highly sensitive devices that rely on extremely sensitive timers to be able to go off just have alot of weaknesses. The missile defense stuff...is for the properly shielded missiles only... the rest will never go off...

The Russian have had the equivalent of Harp long before America had it
and the Chinese have one thats 4 x stronger than the American HArp system
Actully America came late to the harp game.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by solo1

What does Haarp do Im confused?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

reply to post by solo1

What does Haarp do Im confused?

Nobody really knows it's real purpose or capabilites. It's possible that all the hype is just that, hype.
However, here is a link to the Haarp website which will give you some information.

Haarp website

[edit on 26-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1

The Russian have had the equivalent of Harp long before America had it
and the Chinese have one thats 4 x stronger than the American HArp system
Actully America came late to the harp game.

normally I do not respond to such ignorant comments, but word to the wise. dont make outrageous claims unless you are able to back up said claims with irrefutable evidence...

Mr. Solo, im curious as to how you would possibly know any better?

And according to you, the Chinese have something 4x powerful then both the US and Russia.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Nuclear bombers in Cuba? Dumbest thing I've ever heard. The whole freaken point of a strategic bomber is long range, high payload capability that can deliver a 'strategic' blow, anytime, anywhere.

But in Cuba? Yeah.... why doesn't America fly Nuclear bombers and base them in Ukraine for gods sake?
This would be no problem for the USAF.

[edit on 26/7/2008 by C0bzz]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join