It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

Quote from RealShanti "....next you'll be telling us all you got arrested for driving while white,how you can't get a cab in New York City, how you were turned down for a promotion because you're not black, or charged interest unfairly because of the neighborhood you live in even though your credit is spotless, or were turned down for a lease on a new apartment because of the color of your skin, or were given an unfair and unjust prison term that does not fit the crime if in fact you actually did the crime, or that there are not enough grocery stores in your community but the city keeps giving out licenses to liquor merchants and there's one of those on every block where your kids have to walk to school, or that someone hung nooses on trees to send you a clear message.... "

In Ensley I was pulled over, though not arrested. No reason, other than White guy in Black city... I must have been selling or buying drugs then. Promotion problems due to race, check. (Affirmitive action at work there.) Turned down for a lease in Iowa. A Hispanic ran the place, a Hispanic (with no job, but did sell drugs for money) got the place. White people have been nailed by racist judges, and wrongly convicted, though not me. I've lived in places where we couldn't get zoning or money for even the liquor stores, much less things that might be needed.

I couldn't go line by line, RealShanti, some things I haven't experianced. It's true, we all have different burdens.

The point Sheeper is trying to make is very similar to my view, we just tend to speak them very differently. It seems Sheeper does as much to undermine my take as Farrakhan undermines the needs of Blacks through his way of getting his message across (or not getting it across due to those ways). I'm sorry he's being so towards you, especially when he twists your words to discredit you. This is wrong. Still, some of his words ring true.

I can't say all the hardships are there, be we (all people of middle to lower class) share enough of those burdens to put aside such petty things as Racism and work on unifying a Nation that can stand. The working class is the Foundation of every Nation, and things are set as such that we will soon crumble... and then the Nation. Something must change.

Equality is a way. However, as I've spoken before, it seems few are truely interested in EQUALITY. Everyone always wants MORE.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obviously the handlers had to do some damage control and get her to change her prepared speech.
Or else it was in the prepared speech and she left out a word in Milwaukee. In any case, the real quote wasn't even close to what the other poster put.

And that's happening so much in this race! Everything is being twisted and taken out of context... because I guess that's the best they can do.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why do you think this happened? Tptb manipulated the outcome so obama would win. Now he will lose in a landslide this November. Didn't anyone notice how obama did not win the popular vote? Like G.W? Can the picture be any clearer?

The best part is that ALL of the racists will be exposed.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Okay, some are going to see this as kinda pointless, after all, the original posts were consecutive, but I'd really like to get a line on exactly how you construct your thoughts...

Originally posted by Sheeper
Thank you for admitting that your a racist, you just basically said exactly what B.O. said, that the typical white person is a racist.

Now, I'd really like to know exactly which piece of this

Originally posted by realshanti

So far I have been insulted, and generally attacked for having a different take on the question of racism...yet I'm the sick one??? Does anyone else find this ironic? The ignorance you display is astonishing, and completely supports my position in this discussion.. Your attitude is typical and is the reason "whitey" has such a bad rep among people of color....ahh well...so it goes...

is racist?

Is it this?

Your attitude is typical and is the reason "whitey" has such a bad rep among people of color

or this?

So far I have been insulted, and generally attacked for having a different take on the question of racism...yet I'm the sick one

'Cause if it's number two then you need to learn how to debate dispassionately and logically and if it's number one then you need to learn the difference between a reported, statement, a quoted statement and a first-hand statement.

Accusing the "typical white person" of racism is not in and of itself racist. Especially not if it can be shown that white people are typically suspicious and/or uncomfortable around black people, rarely enter black neighbourhoods/areas, are willing to utter opinions that equate black people with criminality, are willing to utter opinions that blame black people for their own lack of success, are willing to demand black people take care of their own problems without any state aid and refuse to look at any possibly involved factor such as, for example, the state of "inner-urban" educational facilities, the skills of educators at those facilities, the state of public facilities/institutions such as parks in those neighbourhoods/suburbs/areas, the state of public and private properties in those areas...

'shanti may or may not be an anti-Anglo racist, but nothing in that post is an admission of racism.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So... 16 pages...

Has the 'whitey' tape been Realsed yet?

Or has the GOP set a release date?

Can we get a recap, or is it all just 16 pages of Mumbo-Jumbo...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BradKell

no problem...I give as good as I get mostly....and stepping back for a moment, I also know that most folk on here are good people regardless of whether they disagree with me or let fly a few zingers here and there...Its all grist for the mill, and no harm done...the fact that we can have this conversation at all is a tribute to every person who fought for civil rights..I can tell you for a fact that thirty years ago these kinds of discussions were not so easily accomplished, especially among a group as diverse as this one appears to be...so its all good regardless as far as I'm concerned...thats why I keep saying - the future looks bright...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Has the 'whitey' tape been Realsed yet?

Apparently it was out for a long time and even available on the church website for free download. But then back in March they scrubbed down the website. If this is true, then Obama definately has seen the tape.

(I’m not sure how to do the quote from sources so this is the best I can do )

According to HILLBUZZ - hillbuzz.blogspot.com...

(and I don't know how THEY know unless they've seen the tape.
It seems this is second hand information being passed along????)

Quote from the website -

The Michelle Obama Rant Tape was filmed between June 26th - July 1st 2004 in Chicago, IL at the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition Conference at Trinity United Church: specifically the Women’s Event.

For about 30 minutes, Michelle Obama launched into a rant about the evils of America, and how America is to blame for the problems of Africa. Michelle personally blamed President Clinton for the deaths of millions of Africans and said America is responsible for the genocide of the Tutsis and other ethnic groups. She then launched into an attack on “whitey”, and talked about solutions to black on black crime in the realm of diverting those actions onto white America. Her rant was fueled by the crowd: they reacted strongly to what she said, so she got more passionate and enraged, and that’s when she completely loses it and says things that have made the mouths drop of everyone who’s seen this.

The “tape” is a DVD that Trinity United sold on its website, and possibly offered free for download up until March 2008 when Trinity’s site was scrubbed and the DVDs were no longer offered for sale.

Photo taken July 2004. Michelle Obama with her posse – Including the wife of racist homophobe Rev. Meeks and “Mother” Khadijah Farrakhan – wife of racist Louis Farrakhan. Not sure, but the photo could have been taken at that conference that the tape comes from.

i162.photobucket.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 6/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Oh ... about that 'first time I'm proud of America' comment -

The Mis-Education of Michelle Obama

IF IF IF The tape is true ...

She then launched into an attack on “whitey”, and talked about solutions to black on black crime in the realm of diverting those actions onto white America.

.... then this is telling me that she wants black people to go out and and kill white people instead of black people. Nothing about self responsibility and acting civilized. Just - go kill white people instead of black people.

Her rant was fueled by the crowd: they reacted strongly to what she said,

.... This I have no problem believing that it could be true.

Watching the tapes from that 'church' ... watching those people jump up and down and act like idiots every time someone said anything against any white person .... This I have no problem believing that it could be true.

IF IF IF the tape is NOT true and it's just a political rumor during a primary season .... wow .... someone is really doing a political hatchett job on Obama's wife. Thing is - because of her attitude - people believe it could be true.

Time will tell if there is a tape. We'll know sooner rather than later.

[edit on 6/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Michelle Malkin, of the conservative right wing, says that there is NO TAPE.
She says she isnt' talking about it because the main source of this rumor,
Larry Johnson, is not to be trusted.

her blog here

Interesting that some major players on the right don't believe the tape is
real, but many of the Hillary-camp players DO believe it's real.

If Hillary had it, we'd have seen it.
If the Republicans have it, we won't see it until after the Dem convention.

But I found it VERY interesting that Michelle Malking doesn't believe the main source. Hmmmm .....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It would make sense for some of the less honorable Clinton supporters to manufacture this tidbit of juicy anti-white goodness. As you know, people have a "team mentality" for their guy to win. And some people, whether it's a part of reality or not, will sink to unbelievable depths to get their team to win. The truth no longer matters.

Just starting a rumor about this tape.... Now the "information" is out there and many will believe it with their very core till the day they die. Just because someone said it and it lines up with what they WANT to believe.

That's why I've been doing the research that I have (on Michelle Obama's thesis, for example) to find out what is REALLY said and what people are saying about it. I want the truth. I don't belong to a team, but I want the best person for the job as president. And in all the research I've done, I have found that Obama is the best person for the job. And I absolutely LOVE Michelle. That's why I'm changing my vote from Ron Paul to Obama.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Just starting a rumor about this tape.... Now the "information" is out there and many will believe it

That was one of the theories we started with. That the rumor was the 'attack' and that there is no tape, but the rumor will do the job as if there was one.

Time will tell.

I have found that Obama is the best person for the job. And I absolutely LOVE Michelle. That's why I'm changing my vote from Ron Paul to Obama.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Say it ain't true!

Oh man .. Rezko, corporate money bagmen, ping-pong tourneys, Selma lies, global poverty tax, no experience, etc etc ... and all?

BH .. you just became the recipient of my next rosary.
I'll PRAY ya' back to the Ron Paul crowd!
We've still got 5 months to straighten ya' out!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Still trying to either verify or destroy the alleged events in the rumor -

Schedule of Events for that Rainbow/Push conference.

BIG NAMES at the confrerence where this ALLEGEDLY took place

Co-chairs were - Congressman Jesse L. Jackson, Jr,.
State Senator Barack Obama , Senator John Edwards, Governor Howard Dean, Congressman Richard Gephardt, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Congresswoman Corrine Brown, Mr. Marc Morial, President, National Urban League

The so-called “africa diaspora’ Forum had these panelists –

Mr. Luiz Alberto Silva dos Santos, House of Representatives, Brazil
The Honorable Edity Ssampala, Ambassador of Uganda
The Honorable George Obiozor, Nigerian Ambassador to the United States
Mr. Luiz Barcelos, Executive Director, Inter-Agency Consultation on Race in Latin
America, Inter-American Dialogue, Brazil
Mr. Lee Jasper, Policy Director (Equalities and Policing), Mayor’s Office, London, England
The Honorable Sharon Webster, Member of Parliament, Jamaica
Mr. Patrick S. Woodtor, President, Africa International House
The Honorable Daniel Ngwepe, Consular for Political Affairs, Embassy of South Africa

Speakers included –

The Honorable John F. Kerry, United States Senator, Massachusetts
The Honorable John Conyers, United States Congressman, Michigan
The Honorable Richard Durbin, United States Senator, Illinois

I’ve read that Bill Clinton was there as well, but I don’t see him on the list of panelists or speakers.

Supposedly there was a womans sub-conference going on at the same time as the main conference. This is where the incident allegedly took place. I haven’t found that information. It’s a long way back …. But I’m looking. So far I can’t confirm that rumor. (perhaps because it isn't there to confirm???)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
While it is not out yet, there is a possibility that Hillary will be the VP for Obama's Presidential push.

Now, were there to be a Tape and this Tape was to be exposed once the Republician vs. Democrat stage is set then... and bear with me on this (I support McCain, as a Vetern. However, I'm always open to conspiricy)... the Republican Party could with one fell swoop take down (politically) the first Black Presidential Canidate AND the first Female Vice-Presidential Canidate AT THE SAME TIME.

This would ensure Obama will not be President, and would hold Hillary off for Four Years... maybe longer if the stigma from Obama sticks to her merely by being a running mate.

Now, if there is a Tape then exposing it won't be the Conspiricy (obviously only the covering up of the tape would be) but the timing to Release the Tape would halt the movement by both the Minority and Womens movements... which could be the conspiricy within (and convienant due to being the best Political time to expose as well).

Of course, if Hillary backs out completely to run in 2012 then she dodges this bullet. So, part of spreading the Rumor about such a Tape and a Releasing of said Tape may be to attempt to keep Hillary off the Ticket (especially if there is no Tape) as McCain has a better chance of beating Obama than Hillary.

Sometimes Rumors do more Damage than Facts. Like when a Judge tells the Jury to strike the last statement. Once it is spoken, it's very difficult to dismiss them.

This will be an amazing event (from a students perspective, from an Americans perspective it will be a horrid misfortune for Obama and Hillary to be knocked out due to a lie) if there is no Tape but Hillary declines the VP due to fear of such a tape and the backlash of exposure.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Your attitude is typical and is the reason "whitey" has such a bad rep among people of color

[edit on 4-6-2008 by HowlrunnerIV]

Well, actually it is that. Maybe I'm taking it wrong, but how I took it was, by pointing me out specifically and saying I am what the black community looks at as "whitey" then yes I see that as her calling me whitey. I don't think my opinions label me as "whitey" or racist or any reason to be looked at as a "typical whitey". Maybe I'm thinking on a higher level than you, but it is most certainly what she was insinuating. And if you'll allow me to, I very much resent anyone insinuating that I am what the black community looks at as "whitey", go through any of my posts, why should anyone say that to me and not expect me to be agitated!

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Apparently it was out for a long time and even available on the church website for free download. But then back in March they scrubbed down the website.

And if all of that is true, then this HAS got to be out there...

AND ON THE NET... it has to be on the net, and there might be video of it too if there was DVD's...

Mabye the GOP has it and they are just going to wait til halloween to show it in a political ad...

But we should be able to have this on the net if all that is true, that it was avalible all this time... and if its not avalible, its probly sounds worse then it is...

If they only took it down in March, it should be every where, we knew the people around Obama back in '07, not as good as now, but we knew who the Charecters were... they have got to have it...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

I don't think my opinions label me as "whitey" or racist or any reason to be looked at as a "typical whitey".

I plan to have a couple of "typical white person" t-shirts printed up. I live in a very..errmmm....ethnically diverse area so I just can't resist.

This is even better more fun than having "Dog Fighting Scum" t-shirts printed when that sick freak Michael Vick was under indictment and all of his "supporters" were protesting for him.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I really have my hopes up that this tape is real and will come out for all to see. MO has said enough things that concern me and I do not trust her. And the people that the Obamas choose to surround themselves with are about as radical as you can get!!!

Oh PLEASE let there be a tape so that people can see sides of the Obama's that are beyond undesireable!!!

Jemison

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

OMG! Your a genious, I bet that would make money. I'm actually going to have a shirt like that printed up. What would be better, "Typical White Person" -Barack Obama(in smaller letters) or just "Typical White Person". Thats funny as hell and it makes a good point.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Obama denies tape ... well ... sort of.

He issues a sort-of denial. He never actually says it isn't true.
He plays dodge ball. (as usual).
And then he blasts people for asking him questions he doesn't like. (as usual)

Let us consider the responses he's given so far ....

'that's not the Tony Rezko I knew'
'that's not the Rev. Wrigth I knew'

In October, if the tape comes out, are we going to get a
'that's not the Michelle Obama I knew'

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If I had been the subject of as many RIDICULOUS rumors as he's been I would be fed up completely with it, too. If someone were starting horrible rumors about me just to do it and then people came and asked me about it, I'd be pissed, too.

Like he said, if there's a tape, let's see it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join