It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About what % of people is aware of what's going on?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I am guessing you want a rough estimate. I'd say only about 10-15 percent of the population has an inkling about what is going on.

And what is it that's going on? Person-in-the-know (PitK) A may say one thing, while PitK may say something different, and PitK C has other ideas. Which one of them has a inkling of what's going on?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

And what is it that's going on? Person-in-the-know (PitK) A may say one thing, while PitK may say something different, and PitK C has other ideas. Which one of them has a inkling of what's going on?

OH, this is getting tiresome.

Maybe this will give you an "inkling" of what's going on.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
To answer this question one would have to understand a little about society. The question would actually be; How much is society in denial? What does society use to avoid reality?

Most of society in my experience always tries to avoid; "The Negative." So whatever that encompasses should be included in the survey. Also, it is my experience that much of society are in one form or another - hedonists. Hedonists do not like to be bothered with reality.

Wherever you have vices you are going to find that the addictions will always come ahead of reality.

So to answer your question; most are useless eaters (to coin the New World Orders words) that only eat, sleep, & procreate! Most sheepels I talk to, have never heard of the illuminati.

When all hell breaks loose there will be much crying and gnashing of the teeth!

[edit on 25-3-2008 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

OH, this is getting tiresome.

Maybe this will give you an "inkling" of what's going on.

And this is all true why? Why does this particular document make you one of those "in the know?" and everyone else sheeple?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
So to answer your question; most are useless eaters (to coin the New World Orders words) that only eat, sleep, & procreate! Most sheepels I talk to, have never heard of the illuminati.

And you are so superior to the "sheeple" because you know and can use conspiracy-theory buzzwords? Please.

You're no different; yet another arrogant ass on ATS who thinks he is better than everyone else because he "knows" what the Illuminati or --fill in the blank-- is.

So please, tell us what makes you so much smarter than the other "sheeple?" Tell us, if you believe that everyone is being manipulated and is too dumb to realize it, what makes you think that you aren't?

If you ask me, the people most likely to be manipulated are those who think they are the smartest-of-the-smart not the so-called "sheeple."

[edit on 25-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

And you are so superior to the "sheeple" because you know and can use conspiracy-theory buzzwords? Please.

Are you here to promote ignorance or deny it?

Do some research. Read The Biggest Secret, Trance-Formation, CIA diary, Federal Mafia, and Pale Horse.

DO SOME RESEARCH YOU DISINFO AGENT!

If you are here to promote ignorance, call us kooks (what you are basically implying), and talk like the MSM, then please get off this thread.

And please stick to the topic at hand.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
While I'm an aspiring category 1 person myself, I agree with the second poster that you have to define what is truth. Just because you say it is so does not make it such, aka prove what you say to be truth is actually something other than your opinion. Irrefutable proof is what most people need I think and I have yet to see much of that here. Not saying I am not convinced of it, but a lot of people take more convincing than myself. I guess if that makes someone a 'sheeple' then there are more out there than I first thought.

I don't think that the entire US fits into your categories so there is no answer for your question. I think that the majority of people could quite easily fit in between your categories. Myself for example, I 'believe' a lot of what you say in category 1, but there is no way in hell I could prove it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There are no numbers or percentages.

What people do or do not know is a gradient. Everyone knows something that someone else does not. No one knows everything. Fewer people know the best, more people know by bits and pieces. A lot can be determined just by observing the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Your categories are too biased for me to give you an answer,as far as Canadians go.I know it's directed at Americans,but I wanted to give some perspective from another country.

I "believe" many of the items listed in category 1,but I can't prove some or many of them.For example,I don't "know" for a fact that 9/11 was an inside job,but my research leans to that conclusion.
The same goes for Bush supporters believing the Commission Report.
This is ONE example and I'm not trying to derail this into a 9/11 debate.There are plenty of other threads on that subject.

If you phrased your questions differently it might be possible to answer you.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I love it when the only comeback to a debate is "do some research." that means the OP is out of information and cannot answer any of SaviorComplex well thought out questions that challenge thetruth777's short mindedness.

This reminds me of some distorted medieval Christian mindset were everything the OP believes in must be ‘the truth’ and everyone else who has a different opinion is evil, stupid or a disinformation agent. Talk about megalomania paranoid schizophrenia.

Trying to lump millions upon millions of free-thinking diverse individuals into one of three simplistic categories and then labeling the category you do not like ‘sheeple’ is not denying ignorance. It is promoting ignorance on the largest scale possible.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Catagory 1- 15%

Catagory 2 -30%

Catagory 3- 55%

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
TO do this you need to go around many cities and ask atleast 100 people from each city. This will give you a representative sample.

Then you would need to analyze the data.

Asking people only on this forum will not help because most of us are aware of the NWO. And all of those other secret reforms happening in the world.

Personally, I think that less than 1% of Americans know about the NWO in superficial details. Some of the "Intelligent" people at my IB program doesn't even know about the European Union. Even if they did they'll think that it's some kind of a compromise.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well while I find this topic interesting, the only flaw in it is that there is no "proof" that any of these conspiracy theories are actually true. Thats why their theories.

Another way to look at it would be how many people think bush lied about 9/11 iraw and terrorism? probably around 60%.

How many people view all these conspiracy theories and NWO ideas as nothing but rantings of nut cases? probably closer to 90%.

The fact that I may be labled as a "sheeple" just adds to the fire of the nut cases that are in these forums.

anywas back on topic... i'd say im a 2... and the rest of the world may be either a 2 or a 3.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well I know everything there is to know about nothing and nothing about everything there is to know. Therefore I stand by my original post...except to say (of course). No one can say someone is in know or not based on their posts. We all know a little something and if we ever get in a room together- we could change the world!

Even if that did happen it would a change for the best for some and the worst for others. This thread should really end as it is only open to extreme humor- or maybe not...

Oh schitt... See what I mean! I should have stopped when I hit the first period!!!!!

Sorry there are no drugs to cure my ills which have side-effects I can or am willing to deal with.

Again I apologize. Maybe my cable company will blow a fuse and I will be able to stop apologizing- that is until their servers are back online- in that case... I sincerely apologize.

I would have just edited it back to the first period- but I already hit post.

Now, please excuse me or I will be here all night. It can happen... I have historical evidence of this.

PS- I am not making fun of the OP. Sometimes I come back to check how many stars I got- and I get stuck. I apologize...Sorry, oops, Crap- here it is again!

Oh no I'm in a loop. Kay- the therapist said go with this if it happens again.

Breath...... (hang on I think I'm done)...Breathe........Whooooooooo

Deep inhale...........ismmmmmmmffff. Exhale........Ooooooohhhhhaaaaaahhhh.

Okay. Got it now. I am ready....What is the question again?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The majority of the people who are that percent that don't know what we know are alot of the politic-loving voters that are out there right now thinking they are voting for freedom but have no idea they're being played...Theres also a high amount of people that just have no idea and are probably too lazy or just don't care enough to research. Then theres those who disbelieve everything...so I think the question is...how many of US are there? Percentage-wise I'm willing to bet 20-25% the most realize whats really going on...and I think that thats stretching it too...

The bottom line is while people continue to get their news and opinions from T.V., Newspapers, and other people- they'll never think for their own and really investigate whats going on....

Those who take responsibility to look for the truth should be proud...while those who are clueless I can't take pity for...We look crazy to them- just as crazy as they seem to us.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
All we really know is we know nothing. Those who are running this game we call life do not spend their spare time on ATS
I am sure we know EXACTLY what they want. No more, no less. These are the type of people that go to bed by 8pm and are up at 3. Old nasty men, that can change the world with a check or a single phone call.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well no one has any "proof" of anything. Therefore there isn't any truths out there. As much as I like to speak about conspiracies, it doesn't make them absolutely real.

You're on a slippery slope. What if I believe 911 was an inside job but don't believe in the NWO? Can I believe in ETs and think that the reptoid people are a bit nuts?

You are just as bad as the "sheeple" if you are so stubborn that your truths are the only ones you're willing to talk about.

HERE IS A GOLDEN RULE: The only way you can be a sane-minded conspiracy theorist is if you are willing to believe you are wrong in the event that someone proves you are. You have to deal with the possibility that your ideas are hogwash to stay an open minded person.

I think there are "sheeple." Sheeple are people who just wouldn't care if we were being used as meat puppets even if they new it was true. They care more about what Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are up to. Sad sad sad.

[edit on 3/25/08 by SantaClaus]

[edit on 3/25/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

so true santaclause, so true. a star for you my friend.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'd venture to say almost nobody knows the entire truth, and those who might undoubtedly see different versions of it.

So, I guess the answer is 0%.

However, if you asked me what percentage of Americans buy into MSM propaganda and trust the government, I'd have to say That though many people dislike Bush, the vast majority of Americans have at least some trust in the government.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think the OP's facts are far from provable. I think the OP's taxonomy of only three different types of "societal awareness" is naive. And I think the OP's assertion that EVERYONE on this site is privy to secret knowledge is also naive. I have read many threads on this site that were absolute lunacy, many PROVED so by the good ATS'ers here. There are bright people here, and there are morons here--just as in virtually every community in the world. The OP makes many bombastic statements and declares them all as fact. Unless he can show evidence other than speculation or anecdotes then I think his questions are moot.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join