It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - CIA Veteran Doubts Bin Laden Capable Of 9/11 Attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Originally posted by infinityoreilly

Originally posted by CaptainObvious

I almost thought you were brighter than most truthers Gottago... then you post this.

What's wrong with gottagos post? I found it witty and intelligent, mixed with barbed humor.

After all the strippers and boozing are part of the "official version". Fanatical Muslims also is part of that story.

Maybe you could debunk the stripper part for us Captain. Do some research at the clubs where the terrorists went to in your free time when not here battling against the dying truth movement.

Wow, amazing how many Muslim experts we have in here. Why would the stripper and booze part need debunking? Oh, because a devout Muslim would never partake in that?

If you believe that, you really need to learn about the Muslim world. If anything, Muslims are the kings of say one thing at home, do something different away from home. Bahrain and UAE are both Muslim countries and yet, you have no problems finding booze or women who will take their clothes off in both. Every Friday night in Manama, Bahrain you will see Saudi men (all good, devout Muslims) driving their cars across the causeway from Saudi to Bahrain, so they can go to the hotels, get boozed and make friends with any number of women that are available. Same thing in the UAE.......

Completely fallacious and not with what we know of fanatics. Just how many muslims did you know that were going to blow themselves up in a few days, but decided to snort coke and get lap dances?

Its one thing to talk of a religious person being hypocritical but its another when you have fanatics crazy enough to supposedly take their own lives so they can achieve a HIGHER LIFE IN PARADISE!

Now, I ask the members of this board if the following even sounds reasonable-----

That fanatical muslims ready to die for Allah are getting lap dances and snorting coke but somehow pull off a complex operation like 9/11 without knowing the details until they were about to board the planes????!~

[edit on 24-3-2008 by talisman]

Try doing some research into the origin of the word assasin.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Swampfox46_1999

maybe you should research Wahhabism, which came after the Assassins and belonged to a completely different radical group with different ideals and goals. Again, this comparison you have started is fallacious.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Its interesting to note that Opium Trade whilst the United States are present is at the highest its ever been.

www.unodc.org...

Year Cultivation in hectares Production (tons)

1994 71,470 3,400

1995 53,759 2,300

1996 56,824 2,200

1997 58,416 2,800

1998 63,674 2,700

1999 90,983 4,600

2000 82,172 3,300

2001 7,606 185

2002 74,000 3400

2003 80,000 3600

2004 131,000 4200

2005 104,000 3800

2006 165,000** 6100**

Looks the West is far more interested in drugs then those "FANTACIAL-MUSLIMS"

[edit on 25-3-2008 by talisman]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

I think Milt Bearden himself summed it up in that interview when he said, and I quote: "Could I be wrong? Of course I could be wrong."

The end of his phrase was unspoken, since the guy is well brought-up. It usually goes something like this:
"...Of course I could be wrong. (But I'm not.)"

And when he speaks about the "myth" of OBL, he more than just about anyone should know whereof he speaks:

Milton Beardon is a retired CIA officer and author.

He was born in Oklahoma and grew up in Washington, where his father worked on the Manhattan Project. After serving in the US Air Force, he joined the CIA in 1964.

During his 30-year career with the CIA, he was a station chief in Pakistan, Moscow, and Khartoum. In Pakistan from 1986 to 1989, he played a role in training the mujahedeen in Afghanistan, and was later the director of the Soviet/East European Division during the collapse of the Soviet Union. He received the Donovan Award and the Distinguished Intelligence Medal for his service.

...Although generally supportive of the CIA and its mission, he has also been outspoken in criticism of US actions in the war on terrorism.

He bluntly acknowledges the CIA-OBL connection--he was the CIA station chief running the Afghan operation, after all--so his analysis carries real weight.

And what did he say? Basically, OBL was an evil SOB but not able to pull off something as complex and sophisticated as 9/11. He said it was easy for the uninformed to jump on the AQ/OBL bandwagon, but thought it was misguided and called for a "team B" to examine alternatives.

Given his CIA career and what it entailed, this is quite some outspoken statement to make on the CBS evening news on 12 Sept. 01. Given the constraints upon him, the guy just telegraphed that the whole OBL story is a "myth" and that a governmental-level organization was behind the attacks.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I didn't abandon ship... I only get to post an hour or 2 per day now... Work has these sites blocked on me now. Let me re-read and get back....

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
He says that CIA has no relationship with Bin Laden. That pretty much debunks that Bin Laden-CIA connection. So he may have supported the Mujahadeen but how the heck he knows about Bin Laden if he claims CIA has no contact with Bin Laden in the first place? Does he think Bin Laden as one man? Has he forgotten that one man can inspire and order others to do the dirty work?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly

Thanks for that insight Swampfox. Looks like the Captain abandoned ship, glad your hear to answer that pesky question.

So those Saudis that drove over that bridge were "fanatical" in their beliefs? Do they also hate America and everything we stand for?

To many "to"s

Sorry... here is some information on the so called strippers etc.

There are in fact many reports...

A young man with money to burn, Mohammed Atta enjoyed very Un-Islamic lap dances in the Pink Pony Strip Club in Florida...

www.madcowprod.com...

Some of the hijackers also used the Pink Pony strip joint in Florida.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2001/10/06/wbin106.xml

More specific to Tuesday's acts is the behaviour of some of the alleged hijackers, who visited a bar, consumed alcohol, paid for sexually promiscuous acts known as 'lap dances' and then left a copy of the Holy Qur'an on the bar. John Kap, owner of the Pink Pony Nude Theatre in Daytona Florida, turned over credit receipts belonging to some of the alleged hijackers, as well as a copy of the Holy Qur'an, which he claimed was left behind at the bar. Supposedly, three of the men alleged to have participated in the hijackings patronised his bar the night before, drank Stolichnaya vodka and rum, and paid for and indulged in lap dancing, then, rather inexplicably, left a copy of the Holy Qur'an in this establishment catering to alcohol and illicit sex, two things that are categorically forbidden in Islam.

www.freearabvoice.org...

There are many sites, these are just a few.

What would you think? Atta and other hijackers drank, and paid for lapdancers, at the Pink Pony.

So, lets look at the original report on this.....

Manager: Men spewed anti-American sentiments

MIAMI (AP) — The night before terrorists struck New York and Washington, three men spewed anti-American sentiments in a bar and talked of impending bloodshed, according to a strip club manager interviewed by the FBI. John Kap, manager of the Pink Pony and Red Eyed Jack's Sports Bar in Daytona Beach, said the men made the claims to a bartender and a patron. "They were talking about what a bad place America is. They said 'Wait 'til tomorrow. America is going to see bloodshed,"' Kap said.

He said he told FBI investigators the men in his bar spent $200 to $300 apiece on lap dances and drinks, paying with credit cards. Kap said he gave the FBI credit card receipts and a business card left by one man and a copy of the Quran that was left at the bar.

www.usatoday.com...

Interesting huh? What if this is true? It's second hand account...if it's true...then yes someone had foreknowledge of the attacks. However this is not any proof that is was Atta.

Now lets look at another story about Atta's drinking:

Mohammed Atta, 33, who almost certainly was the Florida-trained pilot who rammed American Airlines Flight 11 into the north tower of the World Trade Centre, his cousin Marwan al-Shehhi, 23, and an Arab believed to be a brother of al-Shehhi, appeared to have been in a bibulous celebratory mood last week.

Tony Amos, the manager of Shuckums Oyster Bar and Restaurant in Hollywood, just north of Miami, was interviewed by the FBI and he and his barman and a waitress all identified Atta and his cousin as some hard drinkers who propped up the bar last Friday.

Atta's bill for three hours of vodka drinking came to $48 (£33). When he drunkenly disputed the charge, Mr Amos intervened. "Of course I can pay the bill," Atta told him. "I'm an airline pilot."
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2001/09/14/whunt114.xml

The same man tells a different story...says Atta was only playing video games:

Last Friday night, Atta, Shehhi and an unidentified man spent 3 1/2 hours at a sports bar, Shuckums, in Hollywood, Fla. While Atta played video games, the other two had about five drinks each and appeared resistant to paying the $48 tab. The manager, Tony Amos, recalled yesterday that he inquired whether they could not afford the bill. Shehhi "looked at me with an arrogant look," Amos said. "He pulled out a wad of cash and put it on the bar table and said, 'There is no money issue. I am an airline pilot.' "

source

Anyway...all this information was gathered here

I encourage you guys to read it. Very interesting stuff. It does NOT totaly debunk the possibilites, but it does in my opinion place a big question mark to the validity of the statements.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Thanks Captain, the MSM played this story for all it's worth. When ever there's a possibility of drugs being involved they pounce on it. I personally believe there were actual terrorists involved, though how much control over the events they had is still a question in my book.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Cap'n, thanks for belatedly supporting my contention that Atta & co. were indeed boozing and coking it up in lap dance clubs. But why did you dismiss it in the first place as nonsense I'd dug up from Alex Jones? In any event, I appreciate your efforts to set the record straight.

More on-topic, I was very impressed by this guy and what he had to say. His view of OBL as a "myth" and his contention that it was too complex to be an AQ op carries real weight in view of his career.

This is an important viewpoint and the video deserves more attention; I'd flag it a dozen times if I could.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Many people doubted that Bin Laden had the capability.

As Tom Clancy said on 911 "This could of not been pulled off without the help of u.s elements"

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
OBL did it... he admitted it. Some of the terrorists had wills done....

Osama didn't admit it, he denied it. Even Osama Bin Ladin's son denied his father involment during the 'absence' of his daddy. Good ol kapt keeps up lying.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The interview is a nice find by the OP. Thanks for posting. Mr. Bearden, in his comments is sane and responsible and shows a lot of common sense and even a little insight (the necessity of inventing bin Laden, if he were not already out there), quite unlike the president and the coterie of flesh eating zombies that surround him.

As an aside. Captain O., please, please, please, change your avatar back to the dancing girls in bras and panties. Please.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
Many people doubted that Bin Laden had the capability.

As Tom Clancy said on 911 "This could of not been pulled off without the help of u.s elements"

Wait, you blame the CIA, but then believe them when they say UBL could not do it? News to UBL. Gee, even UBL is debunking 9/11 truth. So this is why we were surprised! Even the CIA did not suspect and attack so simple.

Do you ever source anything? I listen to Clancy; he never said what you posted. Did you make it up like your fake photos?

Clancy called the terrorist mad men. Darn, he blames the terrorist for 9/11.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ya, I agree awell as the FBI.

There is not enough evidence to link Bin Laden to 911.

Bin laden was used as a made up boogey man to achieve state sponsored terrorism or as some call it, a Flase Flag operation.

THe u.s has droppped WMD's on civilians, killed the indians in north america and stole their land.

Who ever said they stopped their decietful ways?

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-5-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Research this yourself. You should be aware of liars and obsefucators of truth that hang out in forums like this working hard in making sure infor and truth dont make it to the good innocent people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join