It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaching area 51

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by matman40

Indeed, impossible. If you can build a silent jet pack you could cruise in all stealth like at night and take a peak around, although at that point you have nothing to look at other than the outside of a hangar. I think the only option would be an all out assault on the facility. Which of course is a horrible idea because if it is so secret they probably have awesome weapons. Not to mention it would be treason.

Guess we'll be waiting here for the FRB to tell us what they've got in there.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Okay, once again...

I think these types of threads should get relegated to "Skunk Works" immediately because of their sheer stupidity and violation of the T&C regarding discussing illegal activities.

But T&C aside, I think you should know what you are proposing is a very serious, and stupid action.

From the Uniform Code of Military Justice

906. ART. 106. SPIES

Any person who in time of war is found lurking as a spy or acting as a spy in or about any place, vessel, or aircraft, within the control or jurisdiction of any of the armed forces, or in or about any shipyard, any manufacturing or industrial plant, or any other place or institution engaged in work in aid of the prosecution of the war by the Unites States, or elsewhere, shall be tried by a general court-martial or by a military commission and on conviction shall be punished by death.

906a. ART. 106a. ESPIONAGE

(A) (1) Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent or reason to believe that it is to be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of a foreign nation, communicates, delivers, or transmits, or attempts to communicate, deliver, or transmit, to any entity described in paragraph (2), either directly or indirectly, any thing described in paragraph (3) shall be punished as a court-martial may direct, except that if the accused is found guilty of an offense that directly concerns (A) nuclear weaponry, military spacecraft or satellites, early warning systems, or other means of defense or retaliation against large scale attack, (B) war plans, (C) communications intelligence or cryptographic information, or (D) any other major weapons system or major element of defense strategy, the accused shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court- martial may direct.

I know it may all be in good fun, but we are at war and in case you haven't been paying attention your civil rights mean jack squat if they think you are being subversive or aiding terrorism.

Just sayin...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Okay, once again...

I think these types of threads should get relegated to "Skunk Works" immediately because of their sheer stupidity and violation of the T&C regarding discussing illegal activities.

Just sayin...

What are you? A cop? Take your spam elsewhere. You're not a Mod, you are the self-proclaimed Homemaking Rainbow Mouse of the Apocolypse. If the Mod's felt these threads were illegal they would have moved them a long time ago. You're not an authority here. We vote democratically here when decisions get made. We don't change the system because one angry person has an opinion about something. In the meantime, Please let the mods sort this out.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I am just expressing my opinion that I think these threads should be moved to SkunkWorks.

It is also my opinion that we are all responsible for our 'user generated' ecosystem here.

Apparently, I am not alone:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
On the point of an Underground McDonalds. Constant flights into and out of the base seem like a HUGE task. Flying in all food, supplies and personnel? Not a HUGE amount of vehicle travel, few buses and cars/4 wheel drives. How far away is Vegas from the base? A few hundred miles? Seems to me you guys are all duped. I am thinking that an underground transportation setup (underground train, vehicle tunnel) would be the most likely method of transport. Vegas is so BIG and has so many tourists coming into and out of it that it would make a PERFECT cover. What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
On the point of an Underground McDonalds. Constant flights into and out of the base seem like a HUGE task. Flying in all food, supplies and personnel? Not a HUGE amount of vehicle travel, few buses and cars/4 wheel drives. How far away is Vegas from the base? A few hundred miles? Seems to me you guys are all duped. I am thinking that an underground transportation setup (underground train, vehicle tunnel) would be the most likely method of transport. Vegas is so BIG and has so many tourists coming into and out of it that it would make a PERFECT cover. What do you guys think?

I think you're dying for someone or something to support your wish for there to be an underground base. I'm not sure why you are so nuts about underground.

Regarding supplying the base, there are several planes daily. 18 wheelers deliver goods, typically entering from the Mercury side. Some times 18 wheelers enter from the back gate at Rachel, an easier road to access for trucks than the front gate at GLR.

Still I think you're way to obsessed with the idea of some kind of underground structure.

Lumpy

www.digitalcartography.com

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

very interesting post there.
I wish the mods would merge all these breaching threads into one so the kiddies can chat, plan and be monitored together.

Is it true that once u get past the signs you still have around 15k to travel along Groom Lake Road before u finally arrive at the base?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wonder how often the government monitors these kinds of web sites all the time.

Its not like they couldn't find out about it. I just did a Google search and this site popped up as a result.

But, I dont think any information on this particular website is of any value. Otherwise the government would have done something about information leaking out right?

So, anything you find out on this site, or most other sites like this one, is probably not very special. So don't think that this site really has anyhting "Above Top Secret."

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

every air force base has those signs. they will not shoot you unless they feel a threat to themselves or others.
you will go to federal prison for trespassing or a hefty fine. dont provoke them. they have the advantage
and there are multiple layers of security

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

The UCMJ only applies to military personnel. We arent techniclly at a state of war so whatever someone did, it would be on a federal level. Not that that matters much because the laws are simiilar

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
I can just see a hundred pale, fat, computer geeks in running shoes and ATS Tshirts all in a running stance at road... Ready............Get set.............GO! guys in white Jeeps would be rolling with laughter.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

rofl

RUN ATS, RUN!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

now that was funny

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
I can just see a hundred pale, fat, computer geeks in running shoes and ATS Tshirts all in a running stance at road... Ready............Get set.............GO! guys in white Jeeps would be rolling with laughter.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

rofl
RUN ATS, RUN!

Bahahaha,,,,
I have this vision of Homer Simpson trying to run, gasping for breath and almost having a heart attack before they even get to the border.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Why would you even WANT to break into this facility? All they do there is aircraft and missile research. It is 90% engineers and 10% security personnel.

However, if you were so inclined to make an attempt, you can try the simple approach. Drive your car out to the area of an old radar reflector located at: 37.10.24N, 115.46.05W

The reflector is located within a publicly accessible park. And there is a road leading directly to the Groom Lake airstrip.

Now start walking. The border of of the park area and groom lake base area is approximately 1.4 miles away. At normal walking speed, it should take roughly 25 minutes to get there. The edge of the airstrip is 3 miles away, which should take you 1 hour to reach. The base buildings are roughly 4.8 miles away. It should take you about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Now if and when you get stopped. You can just say you were out hiking and got lost. There are no fences. No gates. Just a whole lot of open desert. Sure, they will probably see you coming. But you will also see them coming.

If and when security finally shows up, you should ask to speak with the base commander to ask for a tour. But most likely you will be arrested and fined.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Why would you even WANT to break into this facility? All they do there is aircraft and missile research. It is 90% engineers and 10% security personnel.

However, if you were so inclined to make an attempt, you can try the simple approach. Drive your car out to the area of an old radar reflector located at: 37.10.24N, 115.46.05W

The reflector is located within a publicly accessible park. And there is a road leading directly to the Groom Lake airstrip.

Now start walking. The border of of the park area and groom lake base area is approximately 1.4 miles away. At normal walking speed, it should take roughly 25 minutes to get there. The edge of the airstrip is 3 miles away, which should take you 1 hour to reach. The base buildings are roughly 4.8 miles away. It should take you about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Now if and when you get stopped. You can just say you were out hiking and got lost. There are no fences. No gates. Just a whole lot of open desert. Sure, they will probably see you coming. But you will also see them coming.

If and when security finally shows up, you should ask to speak with the base commander to ask for a tour. But most likely you will be arrested and fined.

I don't know what coordinate style this is:
37.10.24N, 115.46.05W
But GE can't parse it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i find the best way to breech area 51 is astral projection. you can come and go as you please and they never know you're there

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry. That would be 37 degrees, 10' 24.00N, 115 degrees, 46' 05.00W. I always write coordinates out shorthand like that. My bad.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry. That would be 37 degrees, 10' 24.00N, 115 degrees, 46' 05.00W. I always write coordinates out shorthand like that. My bad.

Umm, poor advice. That location (37°10'24N, 115°46'05W), is about 25+ miles as the crow flies INSIDE the base. You'd never make to that spot without getting apprehended.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Not true. That site is located within the Desert National Wildlife Refuge area. The edge of the Refuge area is roughly 1.4 miles north of the reflector.

And the Desert National Wildlife Refuge area is 100% open to the public for hiking, camping, horseback riding, etc., etc., etc.

Fire up your copy of Google Earth. Go back to the Groom Lake Site. And activate the "Parks/Recreation Areas" option in the "More" category of your layers menu.

That thick green line you now see is the official border of the refuge.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Not true. That site is located within the Desert National Wildlife Refuge area. The edge of the Refuge area is roughly 1.4 miles north of the reflector.

And the Desert National Wildlife Refuge area is 100% open to the public for hiking, camping, horseback riding, etc., etc., etc.

Fire up your copy of Google Earth. Go back to the Groom Lake Site. And activate the "Parks/Recreation Areas" option in the "More" category of your layers menu.

That thick green line you now see is the official border of the refuge.

So you are trying to tell me the boundaries of the Desert National Wildlife Refuge "override" the boundaries of the Nellis Range? Wow, that's great - puts me within 3 miles of the base, and I can actually investigate in person the supposed spot of S-4 as claimed by Lazar.

I wonder why so many people have trudged up Tikaboo peak then...

EDITED TO ADD:
I was doubting what I knew for a fact, and this pic proves me right.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78edaf20a151.jpg[/atsimg]
Take note of the borders marked "NELLIS TEST & TRAINING RANGE/ENTRY PROHIBITED"
edit on 9-12-2010 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join