It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an end to space?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I just want to know what you guys think about the end of soace. Personally i think there's no end to space and that it keeps on growing.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i think there is an end to space, but at that end is where it is growing and expanding... so it's kind of a paradox

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
in our galaxy there is, they have found were like a bubble, and theres other bubbles,

someone find the artical!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We have no reallity. Infinaty is something that we just can not understand.Few of us can.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i know the space between all the other galaxies in the universe is expanding, while the space between the milky way and the andromeda galaxy is shrinking.... galaxies are colliding frequently though, so i guess it's nothing too extraordinary... actually, if i remember right there's a small satellite galaxy colliding with the milky way on the other side of us right now. i've never heard of the bubble thing. i hope someone finds that!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
We have no reallity. Infinaty is something that we just can not understand.Few of us can.

I think infinity is best visualized by the 360� circle. No beginning and no end.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Back when I received my calling a couple of years back, God showed me the universe like it looks from the outside. The closest thing I can explain it with would be an inverted ball the shape of the number eight (like an hourglass). Each galaxy seemed to have it's twin or parallell world, and I saw that we are now entering a time when our twin galaxy will merge with our own visible one, and there will be some change in who is where. I don't know how much trust I should put in this, but most of the other things he told me has turned out to be true, so who knows. And I belive that there are basically just one dimention in our world, but we perceive height different from width and debth, so we have separated them into three different dimentions to make it simple, and in order to be able to do the math. This dimention is matter. Our twin galaxy can be called Light or Spirit dimention, which hasn't three layers, but seven.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton Back when I received my calling a couple of years back, God showed me the universe like it looks from the outside.
I thought you claimed to know nothing about space? In any event, it would be best to keep theological ideas in the spiritual and religion forums, science ideas in the science forums.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I just want to know what you guys think about the end of soace. Personally i think there's no end to space and that it keeps on growing.
I don't think that there is an end to space, how could there? If space is just a bubble, then certainly there has to be something behind the ever expanding bubble.

I think that space just is what it is, without end.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Back when I received my calling a couple of years back, God showed me the universe like it looks from the outside.

Whats your 'calling', if I may ask?

I think the universe is infinite, but my question is, if the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into??

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If what you say is true and the universe is infinite and ever-expanding, there is no "expanding to or into", theoretically.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Back when I received my calling a couple of years back, God showed me the universe like it looks from the outside.

Whats your 'calling', if I may ask?

'shrooms, pot, crack, speed, meth... actually, you name it, i bet it's called him/her.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The topic and question given is this:
"Is there an end to space?"

Lets stay focused on that and not any particular member please.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
define space. if space ends when time ends, well, there cud be an end if we crunch up, or space cud be infinite if time is infinite. it cud be argued that space 'stops' at certain points, like at a singularity within a black hole, or within/involving other dimensions, rips, wormholes, etc.
as to a place where its a 'wall' u cant get thru, like the end of the earth, then no

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I think that space is infinite, just because I don't believe that the universe (meaning everything) could have boundaries and be finite. In which case I'm saying it doesn't have a beginning or end. Anyway, my point is that how can the universe (if finite) exapnd into nothing? Where's it expanding into? Also, in that case, when the universe was created where'd the energy come from? It cannot be created or destroyed. Same for the end of the universe - where will the energy go when there is no space for it to occupy?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hey that theory might be totally wrong in some cases??
(energy cant be destroyed or created), but if it is true, then not only can it not be destroyed, but it also cannot be created, but i mean it had to have been created in the first place obviously right?, so maybe that theory is wrong. Expanding into what?? perhaps the universe is expanding as the fabric of space time does, I mean maybe the fabric procedes at a constant, creating more obviously, and that is the dimension that we see as the universe?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i love discussions like this. i must bring up what i call the thoery of infinite possibilities.if the universe is infinite, then anything and everything is possible. every situation from the subatomic level to any scale of universal event has happened and/or will happen.so there would be a galaxy somewhere that is almost exactly like our milky way, the only difference being that i(the person whos almost exactly like me, because theoretically, everything in the galaxy is identical exept this one detail) have one more hair on my head than i do. makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
so ur playing bingo with an infinity of numbers, and you have to get atleast each number an infinity times to win? lol? boggling.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If space was infinite, then time would be infinite too, and therefore light would be infinite. If light would be infinite, and had an infinite time to spread around, the color of it would be white and not pitch black, because light particles would be everywhere.

Since light is not everywhere, space had a beginning, therefore it is not infinite, i.e. it has a border.

Which definitely means that there is something out there beyond space, that space is into.

An analogy is that the universe is a bubble within a parent universe, and universes like ours also exist.

Of course, here comes the philosophical question: and what is this parent universe ?

Hey, I don't know. It's a joke that we exist, let alone answer questions about that...

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
lol, wow. here goes.
1. space is infinite if it expands indefinitely. space is finite if, in the end, it either stops growing (what eistein thought and was wrong about) or shrivels back up.
2. it seems to me that if space was infinite, time wud be infinite, and light would have an infinite amount of space thru which to travel, thus the majority of it looks pretty black. also, do not forget we are not nearly old enough to have enough stars for space to be white (it wudnt, stars die)
3. at this current time, space will be finite. it may have a 'border', that border is un-reachable because it expanding at light speed. the border is not a solid material, it is just the end.
4. the infinite galxies/worlds, etc thing - yeah, sure, if its infinite and goes on ad infinitum, because thats what will happen.
5. the universe was created due to quantum mechanics, with quantum fluctuation. because E=mc^2, u can bring particles into existance randomly if u have energy. and, quantum mechanics says u can borrow energy as long as u give it back, so, if there is nothing, space can borrow energy and give it back.
it has to borrow enough energy to create a particle. this particle has to be a higgs boson, the 'God' particle. the higgs boson is special because two particle can be at the same place at the same time, just like liquid he. the higgs boson has a higgs field. we dont no what that is or how to measure it, but we do no that the higgs field has random fluctuations in energy. one ofthese wud have to be enough to create the universe/big bang/everything. it then blows in our respective dimensions.
this is extremely hard and takes insanely large amounts of tries, like 1:1000000000 u will get a higgs boson. in theory then, there cud be universe popping into existance right now but we cant no them because their dimensions arent the same as ours (there are an infinite possibility)

hope that helps

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join