It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Enjoy life while you can'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I agree that we are already past the point of no return, but to say that doing actions to go "greener" is pointless, isnt right either.

While we may not be able to stop what is coming with climate change, it sure won't hurt to be a little greener in our society. There is absolutely no harm in Mr Smith putting up a windmill and feeding back into the grid. Although the Chinese are producing exponential amounts of carbon, it doesnt mean we need to follow their lead either. The best way to get people to change is to lead and let them follow.

Now that more americans are buying into the "greener" society scheme, it has given the American citizens something to strive for that makes them feel like they're helping. Because lets face it, if we can't stop the climate shift, we might as well let people feel good about trying to stop it. It gives them a sense a pride. I would much rather see the rich spend their money on solar panels rather than a Hummer. If it all turns out to be a waste of time in the end, then we were screwed either way. Perhaps the actions that we take today will lessen the devastation tommorrow.

I think that telling people the actions they are taking to a cleaner society are futile and to prepare for the worse is not going to change anything for the better. It will only create anger and rage and still nothing will change. The only thing that is going to change the majority of the population to go from recycling to preparing for survival is a major catastrophe.. bigger than anything we have seen yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
lol this guy is a joke, global warming is a hoax

Keeper

That's a good point. I don't know how I missed it. Thanks for sticking to the facts.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I cannot believe how many people on ATS buy into the biggest Conspiracy of your Life. Man made global warming is a scam. ATS is about exposing and discussing possible conspiracies but most people have missed the biggest one Ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One has to wonder to what part the atom bomb that was exploded in the 50s in the Van Allen belt might have done in regards to global warming? It is said that the consequences where the creation of a new belt of more intense radiation the the other two (natural) belts combined? Perhaps that is a factor and a motive for colonies on the moon and the underground habits and tunnels. Maybe the military screwed up so bad the elitists feel doomsday is inevitable? Or perhaps those are just rationals that will help justify mass exterminations as the Jesuits and the Bankers would love a world population of half a billion. That is something they can more readily control. In any case, the Supreme Being is all merciful and entirely in charge and all is occurring for the greater good of our souls.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
lol this guy is a joke, global warming is a hoax

Keeper

That's a good point. I don't know how I missed it. Thanks for sticking to the facts.

i can dig up facts but there's no point to, its just common sense. Its like the days when everyone thought the world was flat, thats how i see it with global warming. these folks that like al gore that think the world is going to end will later on be laughed at just like we think of the people who though the world was flat, or that earth is the center of the universe, or flying faster than the speed of sound is impossible yadda yadda yadda. I don't mean to flame but, when i see something that is this disturbing i can't help myself.

Keeper

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just bought myself a book of dinosaurs (for 13 bucks... huge deal considering the size of the book) and this morning while eating my corn flakes I got to see just how vibrant and diverse the world was when there were few or no ice sheets at all and the CO2 was over 1000 PPM, and over 2000 PPM for several million years... and I'm supposed to believe that the 380 or so PPM we reportedly have now is going to kill us or our other-animal pals off... ridiculous.

Oh and by the way melatonin, a doubling of CO2 will not double the effects it has on temperature, since each CO2 molecule warms less than the one before it. Nice try, though.

1. Carbon Dioxide’s Effect on Temperature. The relationship between global temperature and carbon dioxide (CO2), on which the entire scare is founded, is not linear. Every molecule of CO2 added to the atmosphere contributes less to warming than the previous one. The book’s graph on p. 66-67 is seriously misleading. Moreover, even the historical levels of CO2 shown on the graph are disputed. Evidence from plant fossil-remains suggest that there was as much CO2 in the atmosphere about 11,000 years ago as there is today.

article.nationalreview.com...

[edit on 3-3-2008 by SlyCM (work)]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyCM (work)
Oh and by the way melatonin, a doubling of CO2 will not double the effects it has on temperature, since each CO2 molecule warms less than the one before it. Nice try, though.

OK, just think about it a bit more, climate sensitivity is the response to a doubling of CO2. It has been calculated to a best estimate of 3'C:

2x CO2 = ca. 3'Cish (1st doubling; i.e., 280ppm to 560ppm)

4x CO2 = ca. 6'Cish (2nd doubling; that is, 3'C + 3'C)

[edit on 4-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What the Man Really Said

Here is a link to the article by James Lovelock that is the subject of this thread. It first appeared in the Independent

James Lovelock: The Earth is about to catch a morbid fever that may last as long as 100,000 years

And another thing:

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Anyone interested in this dork should read his interview with Rolling Stone a few months back.

He contradicts nearly everything he says.

He does not. Here's the article. Read it and refresh your memory.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join