It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think NASA has extraterrestrials in it's possesion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It is not that hard to think of how it works. But when you go into detail to make it, it seems and is much much more difficult. Because you can't make just one thing you have to make the thing as a whole.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I do not think that ET`s are in "posession"..
However, i would go for an allience, such as; "We give you some virgins, then you give us you hyperspeedydoomwagon Tech".

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i think if aliens are smart enough to get here

they not dumb enough to be held here by us

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I believe that NASA knows nothing. It's the secret programs that have the knowledge.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I suspect that the government (not necessarily NASA) has in its possession certain things that they don't understand and are unable to accurately classify as "extraterrestrial." My guess is that they don't know exactly what they are, where they come from, how they work since they have no reasonable functional mechanism, or how they even manage to exist in our reality. Things that shouldn't be here according to our current knowledge and logic.

Or maybe not.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would say three are already working with them in the human flesh. If it deals with beings outside earths atmosphere. And these beings are very aware of that fact.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sorry for sounding like a broken record on this, but I'd say that one big 'NO' against aliens having landed or contacted the Earth, is that we are still here and are not dead due to some alien virus.

Seriously! Though sterilization and quarantine procedures are likely robust for space travelers, according to Locard there will always be trace contamination.

In fact the definition of a 'sterile field' is bacterial contamination reduction of about 6-logs. There will still be on the order of 10e2 microorganisms per sq.in., and this would only be for tools and equipment. It could not be attained on intact skin, or in the ambient air.

Alien microbes, as we've seen in H.G. Wells' 'War of the Worlds' is undoubtedly a real concern. Though it's possible that alien microbes would be less virulent it's more likely that they are very virulent (us having no natural immunity), and they could produce potent endotoxins.

So, to me, the fact that we have not had an alien plague sweep the nation, is at least one strong indication that extraterrestrial biological entities have never set foot on Earth.

If they do, and I hope every 'Alien Retrieval Hot Team' (
) has an exobiologist. All we need is to have some hotshot Delta Force guy shoot one, penetrating their excursion suits, and releasing a plague.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I have another theory for this.

Lets say that since we have observed that the universe is constructed from fractal design, it would seem that things naturally just "fit" in certain ways. This is supported by almost everything i learned in high school chemistry: there is an order to the way things can assemble.

Going with this idea, it would seem entirely plausible that "alien" DNA could litter our local system to a great extent. If life was on Mars, then the pieces of those lifeforms could be extistant in the local region.

It seems to me that life is rule, not the exception. using this as a basis for thought, perhaps the contamination you mention is not possible, as we have always been "contaminated".

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well 'alien DNA' from millennia past is not exactly the same as an alien microbe, which would presumably be mutating within the exo-biological entity's system, say, right now.

In fact, my feeling is that one reason, among many, that advanced civilizations do not last long after developing space faring ability is due to the incompatibility with alien life, here, on the microscopic level.

They inadvertently bring back a plague after the first excursion and never learn how to adequately protect themselves, wiping out their home world.

I think this is -more- likely rather than less and the danger is not with macro or human-sized entities.

Just a thought...

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Badge01]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join