It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's the article on Google news

Here's the news report video

A woman called 911 in response to "some sort" of incident, the details of which are not made entirely clear by either of the above. My first impression is that there was fight between high school students. The woman being searched in the above video is the one who made the 911 call and so far as I can tell was not personally involved in the incident at all. When officers arrived she was asked for identification and mistakenly gave them the wrong drivers license. It sort of went down hill from there and she was taken into custody, and transported away from the scene. As you can see in the video, this woman is in hand cuffs and being held face down in a jail cell by seven officers as they remove all of her clothing. Stark County officials deny that this qualifies as a strip search, but claim that it was performed "for her own safety."

EDIT: I notice that the caption of the video states that this was part of "Federal Zogsters' training." Does anyone have any idea what that is? There is no mention of it anywhere in either the written or video reports.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

WOW!

If that was my wife...... well lets just say it wouldn't be all good.
Its a scary thing to hear about something like that happening in this country. I hope they sue the hell outta the PD.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is my neck of the woods. I haven't heard of this until now. But I am completely appalled. There is definitely a pattern of the fascists getting away with crimes. I hope this couple wins this lawsuit!

Edite to add: Ok, just watched the video
I'm so [snip] angered by what I just saw that my head could possibly explode!!! This is beyond an ABOMINATION! Not only should these PIGS be fired, they should be arrested, convicted and sent to prison to serve lengthy sentences. If this happened to my wife!

[edit on 1-2-2008 by kozmo]

*Moderator Edit - Please reviewTerms and Conditions of Use

The Owners will make every effort to provide a free and open discussion environment within the boundaries of the Terms and Conditions that does not contain disruptive, abusive, or threatening messages

[edit on 1-2-2008 by dbates]

[edit on 2-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This was terrible to watch, but it serves as a warning that these things are happening around us. It makes you think about how you would react if it was someone you knew on that film.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That's one of the most horrific things I've ever seen.

I don't even care if this is a one liner, I just needed to get that out.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

EDIT: I notice that the caption of the video states that this was part of "Federal Zogsters' training." Does anyone have any idea what that is? There is no mention of it anywhere in either the written or video reports.

I googled the term zogster for you Lordbucket, and I think it is some white supremist group or something, but i'm not completely sure!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Well since the site that is hosting the video is white power related (thus the blog name of white now), going out on a limb to say its zog or zionist organizational government. A zogster would be an agent of said power structure. Like a briton is a british citizen.

Now don't bash me, I was just answering a question as to what a zogster was, or taking a guess at it anyways.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
These officers should have made sure what they were getting into. She should have known what her rights were and what she has committed. These actions are being exposed more and more, and they will only fuel the publics motivation to bring down the corrupt.

I bet there is some law passed by Bush that can allow this under the guise of "domestic terrorism".

:|

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
www.wkyc.com...

Here's the news station's report. WKYC News. Ohio. Same info, but a news source.

[edit on 2/1/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
OMG that is truly disgraceful ... it would still be disgraceful even if she had commited a crime. Who the hell do those guys think they are ???

It makes a mockery of the motto ... 'TO PROTECT AND SERVE' yeah right!

If that's the kind of protection on offer I'd take my chances on the street thank-you very much.

Having said that, well done to the lady in question ... because with that video going public surely these guys can't get away with it can they ??? She's very brave.

The 'white supremacy' thing ... that's exactly what I was thinking as I was watching them ... jeez those guys enjoy their work ... what total bastards
Woody

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

You make a good point. If someone violates you or a fellow citizen, we must shout in every direction. Awareness is one of the main pillars in protecting our rights.

And our rights are important. Liberty or death important.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
That's what happens when you have under-qualified individuals serving as law officers. Hopefully that couple will get the justice they deserve. I don't believe most law officers operate in such an unprofessional manner, but these in particular exhibited vulgar and disgusting behavior. I also think they should be terminated from their jobs.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure these are the gestapo of the 21th century...

Totally brainwashed and controlled...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Youtube link to the news report for users having trouble viewing it on the WKYC news site and/or unwilling to visit the white supremacist site linked in the original post.

www.youtube.com...

I'm really saddened to see this unnecessary abuse of power and I hope the woman involved can in time get her life back to normal.

[edit on 1/2/2008 by Rhesus Negative]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I AM ENRAGED. This police state must fall. It will fail. How it goes is the other matter yet to be determined. This is NOT AMERICA. This is not American. This is facist police intimidation and blind cultist worship of power. DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That was awefull. I am not sure which was worse, the video, the fact that it was no surprise, or the helplessness I felt just by watching it. There is nothing you can do.

I think it is great that her and her husband are putting this video out there for everyone to see. I hope more people see this, and become aware.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I AM ENRAGED. This police state must fall. It will fail. How it goes is the other matter yet to be determined. This is NOT AMERICA. This is not American. This is facist police intimidation and blind cultist worship of power. DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are very right. However, I dont know how democratic vs republican plays here. The abuse of power does not hinge on what party is in office.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Looks like Hope and Greg Steffey filed a Civil Rights lawsuit in October of 2007 against this. Here is the link:

Steffey et al v. Swanson et al

Not sure how to get the actual information regarding the case.

The principle defendant is Timothy A. Johnson, the Stark County Sheriff. (He is a Democrat, if that matters.) Here is his official biography.

Note that the officers are listed as "John and Jane Does" and there are 15 of them.

#

Good for Hope Steffey. She get millions and the officers get jail time -- that would be justice. I am not sure what kind of defense they could possibly make, given the video.

EDIT: To link up biography and fix spelling errrrs.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
OK so they strip searched her, there she has nothing on her... so what do they do next... leave her nude for 6 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The people that did this will pay one way or another for their power hungry actions.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That was an awful situation. The video is very disturbing.

One thing I would like to say though is that if you look at the faces of those cops, you do not see them enjoying that experience. The two males definately made a mistake going in there.

From the vid I can give a possible suggestion as to why the two males were in that room.

For an alternative veiwpoint first look at this clip

If the two females were not able to physically control the female and they have not yet determined that the female is unarmed IE a threat to other police officers or herself they would have asked for assistance.

The fault here is that there was not enough female police officers available to deal with this situation and how the first officer responding to the victim in the first place.

What made it worse was that she was the victim and not a perp....escalating her resistance to any compliance that is mandatory for safety reasons. These people have to go home to there family's too, not all cops are bad but this video is a good example of how a bad cop can drag a whole group into a worse situation.

They handled this incorrectly.

From the story I would believe that she did ask for her sisters licence back and the first cop to deal with her was a jerk about. Escalation from verbal disinterest in her handing over her sisters licence to physical hostility in the holding cell.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Grimholt]

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Grimholt]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join