It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Military not ready for US attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman

American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific exercise and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with 4,500 personnel on board.

By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for launching torpedoes or missiles at the carrier.

Ok so 4500 man sub if china made 5000 subs which is plausable. they would have a force of 22,500,000 22 million it is possable.

even 2500 subs is 11 million.

I hope you were just joking there, but just in case:

I am afraid you have misunderstood a bit, on the insane side. The 4500 men were on board the US carrier, not the Chinese submarine. I am not even going to comment about building 5000 submarines of whatever size for transporting troops to another continent.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You know reading thru this thread.. made me wonder who the aggressor will likely be... China or USA.

I mean, members here talked about anti-access strategy to starve out China by the US...who operating thousands of miles away from their homeland. Having bases in US friendly nations nearly all around China... even Mongolia. STILL flying spy missions 12 miles off China's coast. So China does have a reason to upgrade their Military for defense. China would be crazy not to plan for contingencies.. all thru history China was constantly being invaded by foreigners.

Not to forget that for Decades, USA and allies have huge military Budgets and have many sophisticated assets than China in their very doorstep, They call this "Military Balance", when China upgrades their vastly outdated equipment and assets to catch up - It is called "a concern", "Destablising" or even a "world threat".. challenging US hegemony is considered against the world.

While I don't see China's intention of world domination.. I do see US practicing it.. and Americans thinks that they can go anywhere in the world they want and preach about things they themselves don't practice, the right to dominate any region they see, publicly push for regime change any country that are not compliant. The Media and Government made their public thinks they own the world. Just look at Iraq.. others are foreign fighters, but they are not ? While China buys resources and inducts some profits back some their host countries. US and allies, regime change, seize, supports questionable groups to destablise that nation, Forces policies by way of loans while preaching "Human rights". Just look at Africa.. from Chad, uganda, Congo, Kenya, Somalia, Rawanda and even Darfar. It's all started by the West.. errr US... the Western media twisted it by cherry picking infomation.

BTW, that's a geniune genocide going on in Uganda, and Both Uganda and Chad are causing about 5 mio deaths in Congo... yet the media doesn't harp on it. But Hey.. it's Sudan Darfur that gets all the limelight.. but doesn't mentions that it was the Rebels supported by US proxy Chad and Uganda that started the whole damn thing in the first place - to regime change Sudan. The Rebel leader even met BUSH in the White house in 2005 - Red carpet and all. It's the oil and uranium... god damn it. If the Chinese wasn't in Sudan.. Sudan would have a "Democratically elected despot/Dictator" by now. For that, they gets the "Olmypic Genecide" Badge. The media is making people stupid.. I mean which govt (Sudan) doesn't have the right to bomb and attack foreign supported Rebels. When they does it.. they are killing civilian.. the Janjaweed are merciless.. but what about the rebels. They hardly gets any news coverage... but by all info- even the UN investigative papers these rebels are no different and are freely roaming Chad. US bombing Iraq, while fighting insurgents, and kills Civilians and destroys an entire city (Fullaja).. it's "collateral damage", and Israel doing it is "Human Shields". WTF...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

China does not have a 350 million man Army. Could you please cite the source where you got such a figure? They don't have the force projection capabilities to get meaningful numbers to the US mainland. They don't even have the force projection capabilities to get meaningful numbers into Taiwan.

2.25 million with 800k in reserve is much more likely to be in the realm of reality.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

www.comw.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Our Air Force is designed to stop threats heading towards the US. Pre 9/11, it was never expected to stop threats originating in the US. All of the military radar systems were pointed out, not inward. What we learned in a painful lesson on 9/11, was how many deficiencies existed in the coordination between various agencies. There wasn't an efficient means for important information to get to who needed to know it in a timely manner where they could act. The ROE and number of alert aircraft at the time prevented the military from acting as fast as it otherwise could have.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

There's no way you could mass forces in South America, and then move them North, without anyone noticing. There'd still be no way to support the logisitics of such a force, assuming that they were successful in marching North. It takes a lot of beans, bullets, fuel, spare parts, etc... to support an Army, and that kind of supply chain simply wouldn't be supportable.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Ok so 4500 man sub if china made 5000 subs which is plausable. they would have a force of 22,500,000 22 million it is possable.

even 2500 subs is 11 million.

1250 subs 6 million man invading force. your going to tell me this is not possable.

surely 625 subs is possable 3 million man invading force.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

The 4500 number was the crew of the Aircraft Carrier, not the Sub. Typical Sub crews are about 110-130 personnel(and these are Sub crewmen, not passengers). It is not feasible to make a Sub that could hold 4500 soldiers, in addition to the crew. It is even less feasible that you could make 5000 of them. Even in the height of the Cold War, the Soviet Union only had 200-300 attack subs, and 30-50 Missile Subs. It takes 5-7 yrs to build a Sub, and that's with US shipyards(the Chinese ship building capability is far less), and that's for the size Sub I've talked about. Again, the Chinese Army is 2.2-2.5 million, not 350 million, 22 million, etc...
Furthermore, once all these Subs reached the US- how is the invasion force going to get on land? Are they gonna pull into port? Are they gonna swim? Are they gonna use Zodiac type rubber boats? Do these subs also hold trucks, tanks, artillery pieces, etc.. What kind of air support are these forces gonna have. How many days food and ammo supply are these troops gonna have?

To sum it up, you might want to do a little more research.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think the report is probably accurate. The US military is probably not ready for a full scale US invasion. However, I do believe that invading the USA would be a nightmare for the invader. The US population is armed more heavily and practices shooting each other more than the US armed forces. Sadly, there are places in the USA that are currently worse than real war zones. The armed American civilian population (many of which are ex-military) is the largest and deadliest militia army on the planet. If another nation invaded the USA even I would pick up a gun and shoot back and I am the type of person that wishes for peace in all aspects of life.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
Hardest part would of course be getting to your soil!

Of course that is the main point to all this difficulty. No flattery here my friend for at best an invasion could only be grunts on the ground with little support or equipment other than what they could carry. America’s three big deterrents are just how good the Air Force and Navy is, Isolation of the continents and Nukes. Missiles are about the only large scale threat and everyone is $hitting bricks because we will soon have an answer for that issue too.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Gee, either I read a completely different report or hardly anyone on this thread has at all. The report I read wasn't talking at all about some foreign invasion. It was talking about a biological/chemical/nuclear incident or event. You know, that alQueda attack the POTUS et al have been warning us about since 9/11.

So I submit that the real report has nothing whatsoever to do with a Chinese invasion of the homeland and is simply another indictment of the current administration's utter disregard for the people of this country.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
350 Million? Wow...

We Canadians took over and burnt the Whitehouse to the ground with 5 men, and a matchstick. The white house was originally teak... go figure.

What's better, we got away with it... you don't see the American history books mentioning that too often, last time I saw one of their history books, it was a tiny mention hidden somewhere off to the side.

Of course, the world was allot different back in 1812... but we still pushed the yanks all the way back to New Orleans before we gave everything back.

If that's true then it's probably beacause they did not have the "technology" to protect themselves back then.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I find it striking that I stumbled upon this website today and noticed this particular post. The reason is I had a vivid dream last night that we were invaded from the Gulf of Mexico (I live in Texas). I didn't have a chance to get all the particulars before waking up. I was too busy doing what I had to in order to survive and band together with others. The one thing i did surmise was that our invader was Asian.

Anyway....first post here for me, hope ya'll have a great day.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by wazar]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You may say that there aren't any countries in South America that can threaten the US, but remember in 1879, 20,000 zulus equipped with clubs and spears massacred 1,500 well armed british troops in Africa.
Never say never.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

China army = 350 million US army around 1 million to 1.5 total.

Only thing protecting US is a nucleur warhead. if not we woulda been taken out a long time ago.

China will crush the US the can lose 3 million men to 1 man of ours and still win.

The US can not defend against 350 million man army no country can. once china decides to take over it will be hard to stop.

period.

Well, your numbers seem to be a bit off.
Chinas PLA is roughly 2 million soldiers...Yes they have the laregest military in terms of foot soldiers. But second to none, that does not make it. I dont know where you pulled 350 million from. And im not even going to go into the logistical nightmare that would ensue to sustain and deploy such a massive force, simply put, china cant do that with the 2 million PLA let alone with a force that is bigger then the continental US population..

Further more, much of chinas military personnel are malnourished, poorly equipped as well as poorly trained.

Now the logistical nightmare... The US practically invented it, as one russian general said.. No one other nation can hold a candle to the fine art in takes to deploy such a massive force when compared to the US military.

350,000,000 man problem
Lets go ahead and play devils advocate, throw conventional wisdom out the door, and lets say china has a 350,000,000 man army...How would china go about arming, rearming, and getting such a massive force to and from place to place? How would china go about feeding, and hydrating such a massive force? How would china defend such a massive force from attack.....all the while taking on the most prolific military this world has ever seen? Alls one would have to do is attack the "supply lines" and chinas military would be utterly worthless...this ofcourse is not taking into account the massive budget it would take just to sustain, deploy such a massive force...Its impossible..

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What's the problem, the US has more guns than anyone else, standard civilians can protect themselves no one would half a brain would invade.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
What's the problem, the US has more guns than anyone else, standard civilians can protect themselves no one would half a brain would invade.

Yes, and you would still have the US military to contend with.

China would not be able to sail the seas, as there navy would be hunks of rusting metal at the bottom of ocean. So there goes chinas blue water navy (that it doesnt have). The air also belongs to the US, with raptors, F15C eagles, F18s, F16s, etc, etc.. Technological superiority is also in americas favor, and it isnt even close...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
China can't invade the US.

But, despite our huge logistical advantages, we would get spanked badly if we tried to invade China.

All irrelevant anyway, as either side would quickly go nuclear if faced with a land invasion.

The US is massively over-armed, but we are far from omnipotent.
We would get badly hurt in any kind of confrontation close to their shores.
We might "win" technically, but it's hard to see what we'd gain for the casualties we'd take, which would be closer to WW2 levels than anything we have seen recently.

It might end with the occupants of the White House getting hung up on meathooks, Mussolini-style

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey guys. Apparently the US isn't ready for any kind of attack. Check this out. A war game scenario had major problems when the government tried practicing different types of attacks.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you put the two together, we could be in for a world of hurt.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Everyone in their right mind is ready for attacks from foreign & domestic organizations. How would we know if "the military" is ready for attack or not ready for that?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I heard something about a U.S. naval exercise/scenario that was carried out a while back. A former Marine General was the one who played against the training Navy forces. He was to act something like Saddam with a navy of suicide boats. Apparently the end results were with us losing a little less than half of our ships including the fleet's aircraft carrier. I think it was a regular sized fleet/battle group that we used. Anyways, I think that does say something about our navy unfortunately.

Edit: Also the boats used by the simulated enemy were cheap speed boats loaded with explosives. All of which died or whatever.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why attack the USA when the US is already destroying itself?
Just wait for the economic bubble to collapse and the US may not sustain its way of life and spending and it may break up like the soviet union or end up in civil war. And what there is to invade for? There is very little oil in the US, all the US industries are moving to China and whoever "won" the USA would inherit trillions in debt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join