It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Arrested, Charged for opening Xmas present early!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ok, I definitely understand the crazy pill deal reading some of these posts. OMG, I don't know what to say.

People, police are given discretion, and a kid opening up his gift a bit early is a great time to exercise it.

People who think the cops did a good job need to lighten a bit up and look at the whole picture. I don't know how you all made it as far as you have without going crazy from being WAY too critical. I mean larceny is a bit of a stretch. And a kid acting like a kid. This is a family matter, and shouldn't be a legal one.

So, LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The state of parenthood in this nation has been degraded to absolutely P A T H E T I C

This is a result of our family structures being manipulated and torn apart by Illuminati and societal design.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have against cop's who obey the law. I am right in this case and you know it. All the symps here for the Mom are admitting that the law was misused, but they think thats Ok!! Amazing. Using a law the wrong way. Calling the cops to deal with a minor family matter. Thats wrong. The police are NOT here to violate the intent of the law just to get Mom happy.

The Mom had choices, MANY choices, but as she was probably raised in a home where the cops were called a lot or for every nitpicking problem, she thinks it is normal to have some cop act as a mediator for a family issue by arresting children. It is a LOUSY way of using the legal system, and the charge will be dropped. If the child was out of control and needed diversion, there are PROGRAMS in every county in the USA, by law there must be. those programs are there for juveniles.

This is just great: How many of you symps actually think that cop's are trained to do anything but arrest? they are NOT counselors and adjudicators, they are cop's, and arrest people or let them go. They are lousy advice givers because they lie all day as part of their jobs, easily proven. Their interests are to close the case and get back to sleep, or a donut. They could care less if that kid lives or dies..as long as Mom stops calling the station and griping about her precious Xmas presents. Some people should not have kids in the first place, including those who have to call the cops of all people to solve a minot issue. Pathetic.

No, I am not a lawyer; I studied a little law years ago but I have a deep respect for the boundaries of the system: Ignore them at your peril. Gop ahead and ask the cops into your homes for any and all reasons..have them haul your kids away..its all a part of the new way..for the weak and sheepish drones, that is. Cops are like any necessary evil: They should be watched and never trusted..they see us as the enemy, and we had better get used to it. I can document more police horror stories than you can police hero stories, by far. try me.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

She said he has shoplifted, stolen money from her, punched a police officer and is nearing expulsion from school. She told the paper that she hopes this arrest will be a wake-up call for her son, because she worries about getting a call someday telling her he's been killed.

from KCRA 3

Think about what was going on in the mind of the woman calling 911. All the child does is go from bad to worse. Nothing in the police report states that the gift was for the child in question. The media could just be hyping this part to make the story more readable. The Play Station could have been for the whole family or for someone not living in the house.

What all was actually said in the 911 call we will probally never find out. How do we know that the child did not threaten the adults? Sure the police officers responded and charged him based on what happened. They were just doing their jobs. They are neither judge nor jury. Why hold them to that?

Nonsense to those who say all police do is lie for the bosses. I'd like to see your proof that all police officers do this.

This family is just another victim of the society we live in. Ignorance is bliss, and ignorance will keep the people paying taxes and supporting the system that keeps them down.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
they should have arrested the mother for not being able to control her child and wasting the police officers time

That is what REALLY should have happened...

God im sick of you ppl not realizing this is the Parents fault for being a terrible parent. The gov't is NOT mommy and daddy. the real biological parents are suppost to teach their kids right from wrong.

If they cant do it, they should put the kid up for adoption and never have one agian period.

The child is a victom of a horrible parent. Basically.

And the Cops are idiots for not realizing the true Cause of this.

And 1 more thing :: WHY would this so called "mother" buy her "Bad kid with a history of bad behavior" a present in the first place?

HERES WHY ::: Because shes a bad parent and doesnt know how to teach her child a lesson herself ! Buying a bad kid presesnts teaches them that being bad = getting presents still.

What happen to "santa wont bring you anything if your bad"??

I swear you people need to think for a second. This is sickening.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by muzzleflash]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It is absolutely hilarious tho, that a stream of posters here keep blaming the Kid ...when in reality the parent creates the child and the childs behavior is a reflection of the parent.

Agian , the Child is only bad because ahem, the parent is bad. True facts.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Just to let everyone know, this is old news. Check the document, this happened in December of 2006.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here is a site for the pig lovers to visit if they think that cop's are out there doing the right thing. It is from Norm Stamper, the former Chief of Police in Seatte, who has vast experience in policing. He estimates that 99%..thats ninety nine percent, of all cops are PERJURERS, lying on the stand to make a case stick is COMMON and accepted by the thug pigs. Read and weep: From a cops own mouth:

www.normstamper.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think people are slowly losing every skill past generations had, as basic as parenting or control. Don't know how to control your child? call the authorities. They will take care of everything. You just sit back and relax. Hey, it's not like you can spank your kid anymore, or even punish them. That would hurt their feelings.

If you look how the skill of navigation is slowly being phased out with all the GPS driving aids out there... so now people are no longer using their built-in compass and eyes and the ability to read a map. Why use their own brain? that's what the GPS driving aids are for.

There are also people who you can pay to come into your home and make you dinner every night. I understand people are busy, but to always rely on others for food surely is not a very wise idea for taking care of one's self and family.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think the kid deserved it. And I hope he can grow some respect for his mother. If you don't respect your mother you wont respect anyone.

God im sick of you ppl not realizing this is the Parents fault for being a terrible parent.

Fortunately in free society, even people who are inherently bad parents are allowed to have children. That's just the way it is, some people are bad parents despite trying hard to do the right thing. Knowing when to be soft and when to be hard on kids is a very difficult balancing act and requires more judgement and skill than I will ever know.

So what I'm trying to say is, this mother is probably despairing at this kid taking the wrong path in life and couldn't see anything else to do. Threats or punishment just dont work on kids nowdays because they have no respect, and if you are soft they just take advantage of you.

I have sympathy for her, just going with the old adage "Not the potter but the potter's clay" is a very simplistic attitude. In the modern society, kids have far more societal influences and pressures than ever before. Homes are fragmented because of convenience and the 24 hour culture. There's a lot of variables to think about in a situation like this when you want to throw blame around, it's not so black and white.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by unnamedninja]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
And how does arresting a child under false pretenses ' get respect ' going? Will the kid respect the LAW when it is used against him improperly? If a kid has no respect for him Mother, he is NOT going to ' get some ' by being arrested. Using the law wrongfully is NEVER justified, is it? No.

What is someone used a law against YOU, because they were ' fed up ' and had no imagination...just call the cops and they will solve everything, right? How can anyone NOT see the danger is making Cop's, of all people, the mediators of family issues? It is sick. Cops are NOT trained to counsel, just arrest. And obviously they do not know the proper applications of the law, or we would not be reading about some kid getting busted, handcuffed and hauled to jail over a Xmas present..amazing.

Those of you who think all this is hunky dorey, think about this: If the cop's are allowed to mediate family issues by arresting children for non-offenses ( a rule broken at home versus a law broken in public ) NONE of us are safe..no one is safe when a cop can decide to haul kids to jail over stupidity like this. The Mom is a moron and should never have had kids..she is too weak to take charge and too stupid to call the right agency when she gets ' frustrated ' and needs to chill out..

Some inner city dwellers, and these are no doubt such people, all their lives have had cop's bursting in their doors without warrants and without caause. mediating things that they have no business mediating, and some ghetto dwellers rely on cops the way normal people rely on their own common sense or the appropriate agency. What a shame.

I hope that some of you clicked the link above and read the story of Norm Stamper, the top cop who tells the truth, for a change.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think it is the mother's fault but she also handled it wrong. Instead of calling the police she should have just returned the $80 game to the store and told the selfish kid you get a lump of coal for Christmas this year.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by quintar

The statements you made are so true. We are slowly losing our ability to survive on our own. We are becoming slaves of technology to think for us.

I can only speak for America, but from what I can see it's only gonna get worse. Kids can't add or subtract w/o a calculators. They cannot tell time w/o a digital clocks. They cannot tie shoes anymore because everything has been replaced with velcro. They don't have to learn to cook because of "microwave" everything. They don't know how to spell unless it's "LOL", etc.. They don't know how to use rulers, maps, phonebooks, libraries, or even the Sun for navigation!

Heck, they don't even have to know how to parallel park anymore because the damn cars do it for them!

If you were to take the next generation of American adults and put them all out in the woods on their own they wouldn't survive.

2PacSade-

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think this a clear case of a mother who simply doesnt know how to disapline her child...I remember when I was a child I was afraid of my father cause his tone was that of a man that would have beat me silly if I did something wrong...My dad never beat me actually but did put that fear into me and I grew up quite well...Maybe its because shes a mother and lacks that mean sense of disipline many men have...I think its our society though that says you cant hit your children which is terrible...I think a certain amount of hitting is acceptable...not abuse but certain amount to tell the child hey your going to be punished if you do something bad and your not gunna like it...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I think it is the mother's fault but she also handled it wrong. Instead of calling the police she should have just returned the $80 game to the store and told the selfish kid you get a lump of coal for Christmas this year.

This is exactly right. Instead she did the first thing her indoctrinate little brain could think of, get help from the government. Call social services. Let the system handle my child.
These are the parents who produce children for public schools who inevitably ruin the learning experience and atmosphere for the other kids because they are moronic and uncontrollable products of bad parenthood.

A parent needs one thing : a strong will. If they are weak and ignorant, it's like they have already been trained to give up and use any methods to keep their kids in control like buying them things, sending them to other authorities etc.
This is all a process of creating worse and worse people.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I demand to know why this delinquent wasn't cuffed, tased and billy clubbed after he was down before charges were made.

Seriously though, I think the charges were without merit and the cops should have just driven the kid down to the station and had his mom pick him up later. Sort of a wake up call.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I can't access the link provided... I found this one..

News Story

The women said that the boy lied to them at first, saying he was unaware of where the video game system was. After threat of calling the police, the boy apparently gave the toy back to his mother, the paper reported. But the upset mother called police anyway.

Two officers responded and charged the child as a juvenile with petty larceny, although he was not jailed.

The mother told the Herald that she didn't know what else to do with her son, so she called police. The paper reported she is a single mother and has been struggling with constant behavior problems from the boy. She said her son still showed no remorse when the police came.

"I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."

She said he has shoplifted, stolen money from her, punched a police officer and is nearing expulsion from school. She told the paper that she hopes this arrest will be a wake-up call for her son, because she worries about getting a call someday telling her he's been killed.

The mother plans to have her son placed with the state Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia at his court appearance, the Herald reported.

So there we have it, the cops didn't go mad, didn't react unappropriately or anything. They did their jobs.

As always, two sides to every story.

The kid is defective and should be euthanized; or at least castrated so that it can't reproduce and further pollute the gene pool.

-Euclid

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

No, other way around, from what i read the KID needs the smack up his head, to straighten him out. THe police were only put into that position, and like others said they did it well.

I dont necesarily agree with what the mom did, but that kid needed to be scared into submission, hope he doesnt do stupid stuff again or he does desereve to go to jail, not juvy (kid punched an officer, nuff said)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Not to offend anyone on this board but, as I see it, the child's behavior could have something to do with this.....

Mother=27
Child=12

27-12= Mother had child at 15. 3 years older than the child is today.

The background of this family is pretty suspect.

Sorry, but in my mind, a child has no right to raise a child. The mother didn't do right by her child in the beginning (ie: having sex when you're a HS sophomore/freshman), and this child, by proxy, did not have a chance. Not to say I wouldn't fault him, I'd probably spank the hell out of my kid, return the gift, and call it a day; call me ol' fashioned.

Its a cycle of poor parenting, started long ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A child raising a child, that's just wrong.

Just like Jamie Lynn Spears, perhaps?

Craziness.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join