It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global riots if USA bombs Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Raf_50,

It's not exactly fair to criticize Europe for sticking their collective heads in the sand and letting a dictator rise to power when the U.S had an extremely large Fascist movement at the SAME time. Not to mention the amount of money being sent directly to the Fuhrer and his operations. So lets stay away from name calling and stick to the subject at hand:

Global riots if USA bombs iran

- To be honest, I don't exactly know what will happen if our military decides to bomb targets in Iran. I highly doubt it would result in any ground invasion, we're just far too stretched to allow that to happen. If they can spin this well enough, I don't think there will be an enormous increase in protesters within the U.S. In fact, you'd probably find more people rioting in other far more vocal nations.

I don't doubt there being an extremely small attempt at revolt though. That's a possibility, but, it'll fail. There wouldn't be enough people to sustain it.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinhatman

I fail to comprehend how anybody who buy's into that is capable of operating a computer let alone tying their shoes in the morning..

Edited because I could

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Tinhatman]

I imagine there are a good number of folks here who will take being the object of your disdain under advisement...

I'm never amazed that, no matter the problem, that it is often like a pancake. If you turn it over, it has another side. Pancake... two sides... It happens.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
There are a lot of complications with all of the arguments that are pro and con about this subject. There is no way I could even cover this in 4000 characters.
As part of the Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty, which Iran is a signatory and through the IAEA, Iran is not allowed to build nuclear weapons period. So that is enough of the Iran should be able to do whatever they want junk.

Iran wants a weapon for one thing to use it. So for all you people out there, what is wrong with you!

Another thing that is important for us to remember is the serious ties that Iran has to The middle eastern terrorist organizations in the region where the peace process(a general term) is taking place (Hamas, Hizballah and the PFLP-GC) They want a leverage that places them in power throughout the Middle East and the Gulf Region.

If they make strong allies with the western portion and control the gulf region they can make a pinchers push to dominate the region.
For those of us that think that dominating the persian gulf is an impossibility you should look at the Geography a little closer, including: The bottle neck in the southern opening of the Gulf could easily be closed off. they own islands and stations with in the gulf with antiship capabilities. There is a vast open arid region to the east and the Zagros mountains to the west that make the Afghanistan-Pakistan border region look like a candy store. Not to mention they have been planning and equiping there small boat Navy for this scenario for over 25 Years. It is there sole scenario.

They have been at this a long time. Let us not forget whom the Parthians, Sassanids and Persian Empire were They were what we call Iranians remember the leaders Xerxes, Darius, Darius the III and Cyrus... yes they were Iranians or what we call Iranians today. If Darius the III would have conquered the Macedonians or Xerxes would have conquered the Greeks the world would perhaps have no idea of Democratic process. It is still the Persian Empire to me and the message is the same domination.

History is good to study. Being in the Middle East you become very aware that they still tell the stories of their past (yes I know Arabs and Persians are not the same so I will make that distinction now) they are very familiar with their History and keep it close to them this is an on going battle in their eyes. Our problem in The US and Europe is our young adults are mostly oblivious to history.

It is doomed to repeat itself. It is time to start thinking about your country and quit defending everyone else. I am so sick of people who go on and on about Hugo Chavez and Iran. They would not care about you and yours and in fact hate your freedoms you damn infidel. Wake up!!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
RAf when you said power mad dictator I presume you mean Buffoon Bush because its only America and Israel that are threatening to start ww3.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by birchtree

I love ancient history. Almost everyday I thank The Flying Spaghetti Monster for the Greeks defeating the Persians. Truly to submit, whether to a King that thinks he is a God or a King that demands it because of his God, is a terrible thing.

That being said I have to question whether or not I'm-a-mad-Jihad would even be in power in Iran if not for our meddling. he came to power on a campaign that essentially said "Hey, America is gonna f*ck us up if you don't vote for me." He apparently is also part of a Muslim sect that believes it is the end times and WANTS a devestating War in the ME to bring about this Caliphate thing. It is very similar to the Evengelical Christians in the US and their Obsession with rapture. The difference being the Evangelicals have already demonstrated their willingness to support and endorse a war they believe is required to bring about the End Times where as the Iranian's have yet to demonstrate any sort of aggression. In fact there is more evidence incriminating of US intelligence agencies to Arms smuggling and terrorism in the ME than there is Iran and there is also strong evidence supporting the idea that Iran is trying it's best to AVERT any more US aggression in the ME. Our current administration and our past administrations have been at war with Middle Eastern peoples since the late 40's. History is great right? And so AVAILABLE.

As far as Chavez goes he is a dictator and a Statist but it is not our place to go in there and stop him. As we have seen numerous times, when the US overthrows popular leaders in foreign countries it tends to come back and bite us in the ass. Again, history is wonderful to draw examples from.

I hope there will be riots if we bomb Iran, and I think there will be. I agree there will probably be more over seas in more informed and Free thinking countries. I also hope loyal units in the US armed forces will do their duty to the Oathes they swore to our Constitution ............................................ I think we would also see many of our Allies ceasing to be our Allies and foreign embassies would begin closing in the US like crazy.

We live in the 21st century. After the last century in which more people died by War and Fascism then by natural causes we would WANT our leaders to take the appropriate actions to defend freedom and the traditional American philosophies of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness. The history is there, it is available. We know that US business funded the Rise of the 3rd Reich, we know that US business and Government agencies have been fighting secret Wars against duly elected governments in the ME for 60+ years AND they have been doing the same thing in South America for over 100+ years. And then installing and supporting the same dictators that We reference when talking about how bad Dictators are!!

When the US was the beacon of Freedom the whole world was seeing benifit and growing more free. When the most powerful nation in the world turns into an out of control Empire at War then the whole world suffers. The people the US focuses its aggression against also give up freedom for security just as we do.

SO..We would see riots all over Europe and Asia and South Amreica. Any place people do not want to be bombed and any place the US has already killed their people and overthrown their leaders. A general violent uprising in the ME and some sad and lonely protesters in the US. Most Americans hate the War but are too busy with Football and Britney Spears to care. Very Sad

Edited because I am scared to death of HR1955 and the Thought Police!

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Tinhatman]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

so do you think our people will riot like the muslims do over the mohamed cartoons?maybe burn a couple of thousand cars a night as the muslims do in france because they feel neglected in the job market there?maybe our people will start shooting kassam rockets at the whitehouse and pentegon to make a point?if you think this kind of behaviour is normal and acceptable before they get their hands on nukes then i guess you wont mind them nuking us eventually?i've read enough about the ayatollahs and ah(mad)inejads insane ideas to convert all the western world to their brand of theology at the edge of their swords that i'd sooner see them fried first----before they fry us.i'm not interested in worshiping allah or following mohamed the pedophil/womanizer and dope smoker and i'm not interested in our women have to dress up in potatoe bags or go thru female "circumcision" mutilations----if we all stick our heads in the sand and become neville chamberlains they will enslave us---------democracy means nothing to them nor do our lives --------they will murder all of us if they get the power and we refuse to convert.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Bush has stated that he would "understand" if Isreal attacks Iran. So what would happen if they did attack Iran and then we came in and helped them? Or if Team Bush stages another 9/11 for an excuse to bomb Iran? Do you think the world would riot then? IMO we need to stop talking about making a change and actually make it happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Short and sweet IRAN = no threat to AMERICA however if america waste IRAN it's WWIII.

The burb's all over again.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

have you ever wondered why there are no giant riots even in the middle east over Iraq? when we take out Iran's nuke factories " the sooner the better" there may be some noise but, thats all it will be! We have Iran surounded and that is no accident! It's comming so get used to the idea. They talked the talk. They sent munitions to iraq and trained killers. unless they shut down those nuke factories there will be war. And all the screaming heads on the left will scream in unison and then sit down and take their next bong hit, that next line. They will chew their nails and never really think about how fradgile their freedom is.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by echo725

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by echo725

He never said that actually. That translation was falsely and blatantly misinterpreted to manipulate popular opinion in regards to the situation in Iran. We've been over this a few hundred times or so here at ATS.com.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

Yeah, leaders of the fascist EU must have misunderstood when they condemned the statement:

www.washingtonpost.com...

I suppose that he didn't also question the validity of the Holocaust as well.....

[edit on 30-11-2007 by echo725]

He can question anything he wants to. You have men and women on ATS doing and saying the exact same thing about the holocaust. He's questioning it from a Palestinian viewpoint, and there IS a huge "validity" issue with the Israeli state being established in light of the holocaust. Regardless his reasoning, it shouldn't matter to you or I what he thinks or feels. As long as he's questioning it instead of demanding his opinion or questioning be taken as truth, the likes of you really shouldn't be crying about it. I think absolute, unbridled knowledge about anything, despite the topic is a "good move" for mankind, even if it is the Holocaust.

And he really didn't say that. Infact there's no translation or direct correlation between "Wiped off the face of the map" in Farsi. From what a friend has told me, the translation is more like "The regime will be forever wiped from the pages/book of time." He doesn't say anything about Israeli's people, or anything about a nuclear bomb, or even action. He wants Israel to return all land to it's rightful owners. He wouldn't nuke the area to annex it from Israeli rule. Use some common sense.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am totally against attacking Iran.

But I gotta ask...why should I care if there's global riots?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

reply to post by mr-lizard

You need to study your History my friend the current situation in the Middle East is a direct result of the Geography and History, which started taking place long before the US became involved. Instead of placing the blame on just the current events that are in your face realize this, in 1916 Britain, France and Russia started dividing the Ottoman Empire among themselves (After World War I) this was called the "Sykes-Picot Agreement" and without any type of knowledge of the peoples, of the region, or their relationships to one another, or even caring (Acting like the British Empire always did) started deciding what and how they were going to use the land and for what purpose (PS this time period of UK actions gives you little room to discuss any Countries involement in another Country)

In 1917 Arthur J Balfour came up with the idea of a "National Home" for the Jewish people in what was considered Palestinian Territory based on the UK's Partitioning after the World War I by the way Arthur J Balfour was the British Foreigh Secretary and the decision was known as the Balfour Decleration"

From 1936-to about 1939 the Arabs of Palestine revolted and guess who quelled the revolts, that is right my brother The British Army.

In 1947 and with the Balfour Declaration being decided on for way too long The UN decided to Partition the Palestine Territory into two seperate states one for the Palestinians and the other for the Jewish People

In 1948 guess what happened the great British Empire Withdrew from Palestine without implementing the UN Partition and left it to war. A War which 75-80 percent of the MIddle East Problem revolves around, and don't play stupid and ask what any of this has to do with Iran because if you don't know you should have never made the statement you did in the first place.

So before you start talking trying to act as if Americas House is inept realize that you and yours set up the foundation for that house. Any Brit has some really big ones to talk about what any other county does after the domination and horrors the Bristish Empire inflicted. I hate to sound this way but think before you speak!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

So all those reasons for the Iraq war were all lies?

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

Don't let these people get you in an uproar. What was said was, are all options on the table. In a warfare scenario all options are always on the table. Then you have reporters who are trying to ask specific questions about would the US do this and would the US do that. It is a whole lot of what if and Diplomacy is still the primary resource on the table. You get one reporter who thinks they found something vague about a question that was answered and it becomes some BS fact and than everybody runs a mile with the bull, but that does not make it true
Some of the people talking here would tell you that I could do this and I could do that but they don't know
Bottom line is don't freak out

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
As planned, when the riots start, Bush will declare martial law in the first hit cities, and then it will go nationwide. He can do that now without Congressional approval due to the National Defense Authorization Act...and many more acts designed to turn this nation to a facist government. The Democrat and Republican parties on a high level work together hand and glove to make this happen. The separations and lies about supporting their respective parties has the nation duped except the ones that know. martial law is coming, I would say before the elections.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
RAf when you said power mad dictator I presume you mean Buffoon Bush because its only America and Israel that are threatening to start ww3.

There's nothing wrong with being anti-war but it boggles me how one-sided you are in regards to your political stance. Bush is a "buffoon" just like many other presidents before him (both republican & democrat).
As far as Israel...they have been invaded, taken captive, murdered in mass numbers, and are now continually being threatened by it's muslim neighbors (especially Iran).
When another country (on the verge of creating nuclear weapons for obvious reasons that any idiot can clearly see) states that Israel should be wiped off the map.....it shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm not saying that Israel has a halo, but it's clearly in the right in regards to protecting it's self against a guy who has the potential for a nuclear arsonal and wants them wiped off the map.
I don't trust Bush - or any politician for that matter (not even Ron Paul) so the fact that you would lash out at ONLY Bush and Israel makes me laugh. If you take a look at history and compare it to todays current events...you'll see that all the riots and protests doesn't make a bit of difference and will not change the course of political road-maps. (with the exeption of the U.S. pulling out of Vietnam...which actually made things worse)
Let muslims riot. Let people protest. Let blind people vote for a leader with the same intentions as the one who they voted against....all while the dollar falls to almost nothing. In my opinion...it's happening by design.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If all the people you pointed out as being here, there and everywhere, were, instead, working and earning a living, I'm quite sure the rest of us that are not here, there and everywhere would be much better off by not having to support them all!!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by birchtree
Iran wants a weapon for one thing to use it. So for all you people out there, what is wrong with you!

Maybe they want an assurance that Israel or the US won't nuke them? If they are able to grant mutually assured destruction, they might feel a little bit safer from our apocalyptic president.

By the way, we've already been using nuclear armaments in Iraq (among other places) since the beginning of the war- depleted uranium shells.

So who really are the 'terrorists' using nuclear weapons? The Iranians or the US military?

[edit on 12/3/2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
For all you dissenters say that Iran has a nuclear weapon or wants one, why don't you check out this article of a US REPORT:

US report contradicts Bush on Iran nuclear program

A new U.S. intelligence report says Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and it remains on hold, contradicting the Bush administration's earlier assertion that Tehran was intent on developing a bomb.

The new National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) released on Monday could hamper U.S. efforts to convince other world powers to agree on a third package of U.N. sanctions against Iran for defying demands to halt uranium enrichment activities.

Iran says it wants nuclear technology only for civilian purposes, such as electricity generation.

Who's gots da bombs now?
Iran won't use oil as weapon if attacked

"We would never like to use oil as a weapon ... there are other means at our disposal to respond," Ahmadinejad told a news conference held after a summit of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.

They still have other means, but non-nuclear...Aka they have Russia and China at their doorsteps.

And another huge development:
Iran offers Gulf Alliance

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday offered a security pact with Gulf Arab leaders, as he became the first president from the Islamic republic to take part in their summit."We are proposing the conclusion of a security agreement," Ahmadinejad told the opening session of the Gulf Cooperation Council summit, saying insecurity would affect all countries bordering the Gulf.

The only war mongers in this case are the politicians of the US government. Here's your wake up call. Iran only wants to defend itself against foreign incursions.

[edit on 12/3/2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

That is a pretty big speculation considering the statements Ahmadnijad has made, if you were a leader would you bet the lives of all the people in Israel on it. Nuclear Deterrence is a tough case to make when it comes to the agressive attitude that has already been made by the Mullah led Ahmadnijad. Now I am not promoting war, there are still a pelethora of options left on the table, but I def think the leaders of the world need to be brought into it. We (the U.S.) do not have the diplomacy factor with Iran to be negotiating anything. If we are directly involved it is like holding a red flag in front of a bull. Use the UN option, have world leaders do what they do and do what they will. Hold on to the threat of embargo and sanctions to be implemented by the UN and IAEA but nothing should be taken off the table for us until it is bi-passed by Iran and their actions.
I think everyone has seen the news and know that they apparently put a halt on their program of u235 enrichment. Once again IAEA. At the same time Ahmadnijad was proclaming that they were not going to stop seeking Nuclear power, so they must be brokering a deal with someone for the Uranium if they themselves can not enrich it... So who is that with? Someone out here knows the answer.(maybe me)
As far as Depleted Uranium I do not know of its use (personal) I do know that when the war began the military as a whole were converting to tungsten, I could not tell you where that progress is. By the way that Ammo was designed for specific hard kill missions and would not just randomly be used. Unless you could give me specifics. War is an ugly thing... yes I do know, yes I have been there. I have spent over 2 years of my life living in various places in the Middle East. I listen to a lot of what is said by people on this sight and laugh, not because they are un-intelligent. I have spent over 12 years in planning (that is as far as I will go) and I will tell you even during a situation in which was planned to the T, ambiguity is everywhere. There are not always explanations that make sense. Keeping track of events can be chaotic at best. I have worked with most of the groups people mention on this site and as I have said before there is a need for national security but some of the mythical cloak and dagger stuff people talk about that supposedly happens BULL. There is no way you could keep secrets like that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join