It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you mind if I fart ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Posting this in the Relationships
forum for a reason.

Do you mind, if your partner
passes wind, in front of you ?

In front of others ?

Do you do the deed ?

I ask for a reason.

It's a biological function. Needed.

Yes, it might smell bad, but my real
question is this :

Why is it taboo ?

I'd just like some others views on this
subject.

Oh, for those that understand chemistry,
why-O-why do they smell worse in the
bathtub ?

Hopefully, this might bring some insightful
responses.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Dammit, what's up with all these crazy threads lately. First the guy that complains about pooping and peeing and now this. I give you a flag and star just because it's so darn funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

If you don't fart you'll explode!

Everyone knows that.

I can make entire shops no go areas. I do it with a grin on my face that lets everyone know .

It was me!

I'm also pretty sure that girls don't fart. If they do then they could be a witch, so you should burn then ASAP!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok! This can be an intellectual and educational topic if we make this guys.....

Bahhahahaha! But, were talking farts here. Shooting ducks, barking spiders, drive byes, cutting the cheese, and many others.

It's just so funny to talk about it and the people that do it, but we all do it, so should we be laughing at ourselves?

The fact that someone farts is not rude. It's the fact that they do it with out the consideration of the others that may be near and smell the gasses that just exploded from our butt.

It's just like sticking your tounge out at the people that are near to you. Just damn rude. If you walk away and do the deed and come back, but it has followed you then people are generally forgiving if it smells. You made the effort to prevent the stink from happening near them.

As far as it done in a relationship. Pretty much the same goes there also. The thing I hate is when your spouse is under the covers with you and is wide awake then hits the nuke button without careing about you.

That's rude or just lazy!

[edit on 11-11-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You know your relationship is cooking...

When you are using a Dutch Oven.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

that is just rude and sick. :shk:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

that is just rude and sick. :shk:

She was asking for it!!

MonKey

like the experts at nike say!

"Just do it"

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yeah, these threads recently have been ridiculous.

Star and Flag!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Honestly, I think this is an important and intellegent issue that deserves discussion.

I myself am really sick of all the dating ettiquette that requires you to act unnatural. This is one of the reasons why I think relationships ultimatly fail. We are told constantly by society that when we are dating we can't do this and we can't do that, and that we basically can't act like ourselves, which is hillarious because in these exact same articles they will throw in the phrase "just be yourself" after they have told you the correct way to act. Then after the dating part, we get into a serious relationship with the person we are dating and find out we don't really know them at all.

I saw an article on Yahoo a month or so ago that had a list of date friendly foods that prevent a little gas and/or prevent food getting stuck in your teeth and what not. I had to ask myself this: Would I really want to date someone who was anal retentive enough to totally freak out if I accidently farted or had a bit of spinach in my teeth? Absolutly not!

On the other hand, unless you've been together for a long time, it's probably not appropriate to point out the fact that you farted, or when you feel one coming on, lift your booty towards your date, let one and then laugh. That probably wouldn't be good, unless you are sure your date is a jokster like that as well.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by snowflake_obsidian]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
To say that Iam in utter shock at this thread, would be a gross understatement.However..in the spirit of BTS...I'll play along.(although I can't believe it).

As for farting in front of your partner, as long as an excuse me follows, I don't consider it rude...unless of course the smell is toxic enough to wilt the houseplants, or peel the paint off the wall.And you just know the SBD ones will do that.So on that note, I believe a warning to the other person is in order...give them time to leave the room.
It is not a taboo subject in my world, just hilariously funny.
Oh my, as for the bathtub...Iam not good at chemistry..but I'll wager that the offensive odour condenses in those little air bubbles that so love to burst on surface impact, and the air shoots directly upwards to your nose giving you the full dose of it.
Good enough explaination?
As for women, of course we do pass gas..we just don't feel the need to take great pride in it,as some of you guys do.
I prefer to brag that I can fake burp the alphabet.

Edit to add: Flagged and Starred..good grief.The humorous side of Lexion finally shows.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Farting in thy partner's face is very rude. Especially when you're doing it loud and on purpose. No respect.

[edit on 2007/11/12 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
my wife and i are pretty open farters. she does make me leave the room thought because i can damn near suffocate large animals sometimes. i like to put my butt to a wall and have it reverberate. yeah it's childish, but it's entertainment for the whole family.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That sounded wet. I'd be checking my jammies!

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Maybe I should cross post this in the "movie quote" thread-

Name the movie:

"How dare you break wind before me!"

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't realize it was your turn."

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I myself am really sick of all the dating ettiquette that requires you to act unnatural.

I here yah, how are you going to get to know the person if they are not being honest with you from the start. I think society has created a guaranteed failure process for dating!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
ahahahahaha. Hell yeah. Screw all YOU guys, if you're in my home you're in personal mine field

Girls fart too.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's ok for guys to fart, as long as it's loud and proud.
Women on the other hand should keep them silent but violent.

IMO anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
is it just me or does anybody else wake up when they fart in their sleep.
and no its not because it stinks

because i wake up as the quilt is still rising from the heated gases

strange

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ok, ll play:

There are three kinds of farts: The DRY one that slips out, makes the room warm but doesnt smell- If its cold out, its most welcome.

Then there is the one that is "HOT", this is the one that you should warn people about so they can run for their lives!

Then there is the Shart. :shk: Not nice and you should advice people of it immediatly before you run home and bathe and change ( hopefully your undies).

Rule of thumb: KNOW if farts have lumps or not.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Since this a totally natural bodily function I don't consider it a big deal. It is nice to at least say excuse me and if you know it's going to be a SBD leave the room for a min; it's just good manners.

So far as I know just about every mammal passes gas. I think dog and cat farts are worse then anything any human can come up with.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join