It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H2OCLH3TZC?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I looked up water on wikepedia and found that the cleanest water in the world comes from siberia, Lake Baikal, less sodium and less calcium. Pure natural water.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Easy explained; if you drink more than a liter of pure H20 without any minerals, you die.

This is probably the stupidest statement i've ever heard.

I drink Nobles Pureau Aultra Pure Water. The worlds purest water. It contains H2O. Pure H2O. No chemicals. No bugs. No minerals. No Vitamins. Just pure H2O.

Actually, drinking too much distilled water can be dangerous and could possibly cause death. The reason is that normal water has minerals in it, including salt. If you drink too much 100% pure water, you can throw off your electrolytes and actually cause your heart to either go into an arrhythmia or stop beating.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Actually, drinking too much distilled water can be dangerous and could possibly cause death. The reason is that normal water has minerals in it, including salt. If you drink too much 100% pure water, you can throw off your electrolytes and actually cause your heart to either go into an arrhythmia or stop beating.

So i guess taking multivitamins, that contain minerals and vitamins, all the stuff i eat, which contains salt, sodium... same thingo, wont releieve those symptoms? Of course its not good to drink 100% pure water all the time. If we did that our immune system doesn't work as hard. It's like having too much hygiene. It's better for you to play in the dirt, than to be ukltra clean all the time.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
So i guess taking multivitamins, that contain minerals and vitamins, all the stuff i eat, which contains salt, sodium... same thingo, wont releieve those symptoms?

I think I was pretty clear on the fact that if you drink pure water excessively it will offset the electrolytes in your system and will throw off the chemistry of your muscle tissue including your heart. If you take some sort of supplement in proper proportion to the water you drink then obviously that will not occur. Personally, as I don’t want to be guessing my body chemistry on a constant basis, I don’t drink distilled water. Still though the post by Esh Kelch is not the “stupidest statement I have ever heard” as it is grounded in fact, even if the amount was off.

You are correct in your statement that too much hygiene is actually bad for your immune system.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Unlike some people in those tests, I actually do taste a ''difference'' in various types of water.

Which is also the reason why I don't like certain types of bottled water.

eg, in my room (which has poor isolation, so it gets pretty cold in the winter) I find water tasting much better after I put it there for a cold night.

I don't know what it is, but there's something with that tap water that makes it taste different compared to bottled water (whether tap or not).

Perhaps because tap water is streaming out of your tap, rather than sitting in a bottle, motionless?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
it's the different chemicals and minerals in the water that give it taste.

Water (pure water) has no taste or odour.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
I don't know what it is, but there's something with that tap water that makes it taste different compared to bottled water (whether tap or not).

I'm guessing it's chlorine. I used to rear tropical fish and to dechlorinate new water (lost through evaporation) I left the water standing overnight. The chlorine that's dissolved in it will evaporate.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My plan.

Take advantage of Global Warming. I intend on getting permission to set up a pumping statin in Antarctica. While the (non-existent) global warming continues to melt (not actually happening) the ice shelf there, I will capture all the run off. Pure natural millions of year old ice creating perfect drinking water.

Who's with me? I tell ya, theres millions to be made of global warming fears, why should we let just the governments get all of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Well one thing I do know for a fact, the purest water is distilled water, and you really don’t want to drink that. First off, its very flat tasting water, it just tastes bad. Second, it will leach anything it can get off whatever its contained in. We use it in hospital humidifiers and if you leave it in a container too long it will actually eat holes in that container. I don’t know if it’s the acidity that causes this, or if its due to water naturally seeking to retain some type of minerals in it. Either way though, you most certainly will not enjoy drinking pure water.

Actually the "purest" water is Reverse Osmosis. It is so pure that if you do not take supplements with trace minerals you can end up with mineral deficiencies.

Reverse Osmosis

The proccess pushes water under pressure against a molecular filter that "sweats" out the other side. Everything including radioactive elements, bacteria, viruses and mineral molecules are left behind. Even distilled water does not get out everything.

There are huge plants in different places like the middle east that process sea water for local populations. The military has portable units that deploy to do nothing but RevOs sea water, store and deliver to troops.

In the near future you might see coastal communities building plants to keep drinking water available to locals. Water wars are a danger when areas without supply cannot get water because of low rivers and agribusiness needs taking what is left. The rest not taken supports the river, lakes and resiveroirs ecosystems, but when things get bad even wildlife will be second.

These systems are very affordable. I've been using them for 20 years. We had a gas (petrol) stations underground tanks leak into the aquifer our community well was in. We started to smell it in our sweat. We got a table top system and never drank anything else exept bottled, but we know that bottled is only a bit better than standard tap. In fact the bottling companies use only standard filtration in most cases, so can miss some trace.

Treatment systems for home

The biggest problems in the future will be agricultural getting enough clean water for crops. Heat waves will decimate crops and resiveroirs will dry up. It is already happening and pitting state against state in the south United States.

You would be surprised what is in your water. I do not even like to shower in some places because of water quality. We have been in a 200 year old building for about 15 years, and the older water pipes have lead and other nasty metals that leech.

Get a RevOs system for under your kitchen sink for a few hundred and it will save you $ over time. It makes good coffee and tea and mixes you can't usually afford enough water for. We have small water stores that have commercial RevOs units you can go in and fill for 80cents a gallon if you cannot install a unit in your apartment. They also sell containers that do not out-gas solvent smells when stored too.

ZG

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Then you have Coke, who got caught pumping water out of the Thames River, which is about the most polluted water on the planet, then filtering it to make Avion.

At least it wasn't the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, OH. It's famous for catching on fire (yes the river itself).

I have read a bit on the Reverse Osmosis thing. It's pretty cool. Thank you for bringing that up.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I live in an area with extremely clean water- the city water supply is pumped straight from a spring into your tap with almost no filtration and there's a large spring in city park that many people fill gallon jugs from and take it with them when they go other places, it's some of the best water I've ever tasted- and there are several bottling plants that take advantage of it, I think it's Crystal Gyser and Dannon, which is run by Coca Cola. The best part is that there are people who live here that buy the Dannon bottled water and drink it at home instead of just drinking water from the tap when it's literally the same thing.

Whoever came up with the idea of selling bottled water must have been a marketing genius.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by leafdarking

Whoever came up with the idea of selling bottled water must have been a marketing genius.

Must be related to the same genius that convinced everyone to pay $4.00 for a cup of coffee!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid does what stupid is TOLD to do!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
it's been a while since I took chemistry in HS. That was like 15 years ago I think. but hey, I heard that water now lacks oxigen

H20...it can't lack oxygen, if it lacked oxygen, it would just be hydrogen.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The best water to drink is the wet kind...

Seriously, water is water is water. As has been stated, it is simply H2O. The big concern is not what water is good or bad, but what is in that water. This may seem like splitting hairs, but to me it makes the point obvious. There is not, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever will be, a water shortage. The concern is rather, a shortage of water that does not contain harmful materials dissolved in it. Call it a water filter shortage.

For example, bacteria thrive in water. Most bacteria are either harmless to us or even helpful. Some bacteria are harmful and dangerous.

Minerals dissolved in water are generally beneficial to good health. Iron, calcium (lime), sulfur, etc. are all examples of this. Too much of these materials can make the water 'hard', or resistant to the formation of soap suds. This does not mean the water is 'bad', only that it has minerals dissolved in it. And yes, our bodies do indeed need these minerals.

Non-metals can be a different situation altogether. Clorine has already been mentioned; it is a halogen, a member of a chemical family that is extremely reactive. It is used in many chemical weapons due to this reactivity as well as the dangerous compounds it can form naturally. Flourine (Flouride) is another halogen, a lighter and even more reactive chemical than its cousin chlorine. I find it confusing that we actually use these toxic chemicals to make our water 'safer'...

Salts are the last group. In normal quantities, they are healthy. Our bodies' chemical functions are heavily dependant on salts and their ionic components to perform the chemical processes that, all together, make up life. This is a good thing, since water without some sat content is almost impossible to find. The stong electrical propertiies of the H2O molecule are responsible for this. Check out any good chemistry book or do a search to find out more about this topic.

Where the water comes from is for the most part irrelevant. The taste may vary somewhat, due to a difference in dissolved materials, but that's about it. Most bottled water is simply pumped into vats from a supply (private or public), sent to the bottles, and shipped out to the stores. 95% of the price of this water is for the bottle and the shipping. That's why a gallon costs little more than a liter. Public water sources are the worst so far as dangerous water. They typically reclaim the water from the sewage through a series of chemical and settling processes, or pump it from a water supply like a river, where they get the refuse from the town just upstream.

In summary, the best water to drink IMHO is water that is pumped straight out of the ground (or leaks out as in a spring). I have a private well that, despite a heavy sulfur content, has served me well for almost a half-century. I'm healthier than all my friends who depend on public water sources, and I try my best to not drink from public sources. Not because I am afraid to, but because I don't like the taste of clorine. Bottled water is better but still not as good as the water that comes out of my tap.

You want good healthy water? Dig a well, have it tested (bad bacteria can still be present sometimes), and enjoy. Any taste it has due to minerals will fade as you become accustomed to it, and you'll live longer and feel better.

Of course, if you just prefer that recycled sewage they call water in the big cities, more power to you. I just thought I'd answer the question...

TheRedneck

P.S. My father once had a bottle of city water tested as though it came from a well, also testing our well. Our well came back with no harmful contaminants, the city water came back stamped 'Unfit for Human Consumption'. Think about that. Anyone else thirsty?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A couple of years ago, while living in Banff Alberta I was told that we were priviliged to have the last remaining glacier fed public water system around. Well, you can call it placebo, but I began to feel better, and noticed an overall conciousness to these people that I had never seen previously. Everyone seemed more aware and full of energy there... although I can't remember anyone ever getting anymore than 5 hrs. sleep. Of course this could be due to the barley and hops added to the nightly water, the morning water sure did take the pain away.. amen

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join