It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H2OCLH3TZC?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by TheoOne
Can you make the water the same way as it was originally developed on Earth?

Eh?

Elaborate please.....

All water is composed of is 2 hydrogen atoms and a single oxygen atom.

Exactly. Furthermore, how could you make these atoms, then? Then it leads you deeper.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Well one thing I do know for a fact, the purest water is distilled water, and you really don’t want to drink that. First off, its very flat tasting water, it just tastes bad. Second, it will leach anything it can get off whatever its contained in. We use it in hospital humidifiers and if you leave it in a container too long it will actually eat holes in that container. I don’t know if it’s the acidity that causes this, or if its due to water naturally seeking to retain some type of minerals in it. Either way though, you most certainly will not enjoy drinking pure water.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Quite the contrary. It is a fallacy to think Water is anything but H2O. Anything else that is dissolved within it is impurities. It isn't an actual part of the water though, just suspended in it.

Stumason, so how come those impurities (minerals) in the water are not on the label? I think they wouldn't want to tell you anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Exactly. Furthermore, how could you make these atoms, then? Then it leads you deeper.

Exactly what? What is your point?

The atoms are made in dying stars, but I'm sure you knew that already.....

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Also here in san diego, there was a case where people in a business park were drinking water that said it was ok, but was really sewage water, a recycled from crap and the city found the error.

That’s reclimated water, and its not Ok to drink it. It comes from a line that has to be marked as reclimated. Its ok to use that kind of water for washing your car, watering your lawn, but your not supposed to drink it

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Stumason, so how come those impurities (minerals) in the water are not on the label? I think they wouldn't want to tell you anyway.

Bottled water will have the average mineral contents displayed, or at least they do in the EU.

Tap water is variable, depends on the pipes and treatment methods, etc etc. You can actually get this info if you like off your water supplier in the UK.

But I believe it is understood generally that water contains impurities and tap water is never sold as pure, unadulterated water. It is however, very clean and drinkable. At least in the UK.

[edit on 12/11/07 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Meh, never mind then lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
If your really worried about your water, get a reverse osmosis filter. They are about the best filter you can get and they last a quite a long time before you have to replace anything. You can almost purify sea water in a reverse osmosis system.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
thanks for the info guys, however i'm worried more about an emergency situation when we will have no clean water to drink, and with global warming right around the corner, and disasters like earthquakes, I think it's important to stack up on bottled water for now. another thought, what do you think about drinking rain water? would that contain the minerals too as it comes from the sky? i'm a little rusty with my chem. sorry.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

thanks for the info guys, however i'm worried more about an emergency situation when we will have no clean water to drink, and with global warming right around the corner, and disasters like earthquakes, I think it's important to stack up on bottled water for now. another thought, what do you think about drinking rain water? would that contain the minerals too as it comes from the sky? i'm a little rusty with my chem. sorry.

Rain water, umm, well do you know where the rain comes from? There's your answer.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
this is a totally tangent, and somewhat off topic post:

if you are currently lacking a water source (im talking to large cities and such here [or small towns, or just the one guy]) why dont you just go to where there is an abundance of water?

there is a problem here in Perth, there was a plan to use a canal to transport water from the north where there is # loads basically, down to here.
some very smart, and unfortunately over heard person stated that if we are so desperate for water, why dont we just go to the source. there is practically no one living up there anyway, and if we have learned half a lesson, we wont mess this water source up this time.

im sorry but the "Clean water for everyone" wish seems to be a bit silly. im mean, before some smart cookie decided that living in the same spot was all of a sudden a really rad idea, people have had water problems. i mean, you never hear the nomads complaining do you?
[/rant]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Bottled water is ok, but think about what that water is contained within. It will, over time, leech chemicals out of the plastic bottle.

In a disaster situation, your best off trying to purify water yourself through some sort of distillation or evaporation technique. Rain water is usually drinkable, as it has been evaporated in the first place, but I wouldn't drink without first trying to purify it a bit more. All sorts of pollutants find their way into rain water these days, especially near urban area's.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So after reading this thread I still dont know what the best water to drink is?

I live in London, and drink tap water! Is that good or bad?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So stumason, how do you know so much about the water process? Also I love your signature. and how's the water resources over there in england? must be gloriously clean right? over here, the beaches are polluted and the sky is gray due to pollution. And most of the reservoirs are full of brown crap.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I hear U/S is lacking of water supply, is this true?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   

the beaches are polluted and the sky is gray due to pollution.

The sky is gray on a cloudy day, not because of pollution lol. We do have beautiful clear blue skies too. Where is this place you talk of?

[edit on 12-11-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

thanks for the info guys, however i'm worried more about an emergency situation when we will have no clean water to drink, and with global warming right around the corner, and disasters like earthquakes, I think it's important to stack up on bottled water for now.

Negative, that is a waste to time, space, and money.
First off you cannot stockpile water like that as it will grow bacteria in it, become flat, and so on. Bottled water is not even pure water, it always has some particulates in it. As I already stated, distilled water will eat through the storage medium at some point. This was a problem on old navy ships, and not only where the term "Limey" came from (putting lime in stagnate water) , but also why the sailors were given rum.

What you want to do is get a solar still and a good water purifier. The Reverse Osmosis one is a good filter, but they are expensive. The hands down absolute best water filter that you can buy is called the Katadyn Pocket Filter, which runs around $200.00. NATO, the Red Cross, many missionaries, and aid workers carry these exact filters, which is why you can never find one much cheaper then $170.00, even used. This filter lasts for 13,000 gallons of water, and is easy to carry. I have one that I use for backpacking, and it fits nicely in the top of my pack. In survival they calculate that a person will need 1 gallon of fresh water per day on average to survive comfortably. With that in mind, this filter will last you pretty much forever, and you can even buy additional filter cartages. If you want to have water for more people they make various gravity fed systems that purify more water, faster, based on the exact same filtration system. Of course size and cost go up with the bigger systems.

The solar still is a good backup system to a system such as the Pocket filter. You can get inflatable versions, or make your own. The water that comes from a solar still though is 100% pure distilled water and will have the flatness and acidity I mentioned above. The nice thing about a solar still is that it pulls the water straight from the atmosphere, and does not require any pumping or water gathering. The bad part about them is that they work very slowly. Thus I suggest using both.

Only distillation can 100% guarantee that you will remove all chemicals from the water though, so keep that in mind. You want to make sure that if you are using a pump system such as the Katadyn, you don’t use it on water coming out of a chemical plant or the edge of a highway. There are a lot of tricks of getting the cleanest water possible, and way to much to post here, I suggest searching the web for more info on the subject.

[edit on 11/12/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Why is it that most americans think botteled water is from the alps just because it says so on the bottle? Do you know how much water the swiz would ship over to the US if that was true?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

So stumason, how do you know so much about the water process? Also I love your signature. and how's the water resources over there in england? must be gloriously clean right? over here, the beaches are polluted and the sky is gray due to pollution. And most of the reservoirs are full of brown crap.

I don't profess to know much, but I do pay attention!

We used to have a bad pollution problem, but now companies face enormous fines (which do get handed out), our beaches are clean, lakes are in good nick and the rivers are healthy. I don't claim that we're some pristine wonderland, but gone are the day's of smog in the air and scum in the water.

So after reading this thread I still dont know what the best water to drink is?

Tap water is fine. Seriously, don't worry!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Easy explained; if you drink more than a liter of pure H20 without any minerals, you die.

This is probably the stupidest statement i've ever heard.

I drink Nobles Pureau Aultra Pure Water. The worlds purest water. It contains H2O. Pure H2O. No chemicals. No bugs. No minerals. No Vitamins. Just pure H2O.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join