It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missiles fired from Woolworth Building at North Tower?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Honestly, i'm posting this out of curiosity. I only ran across this theroey this weekend. Here are some interesting quotes about it. Has it been discussed here yet?

Edit: Added some more of the sources.

Someone had fired missiles at the World Trade Center's north tower from atop the nearby Woolworth Building. WNBC News

www.wnbc.com...

...we just had a second explosion, possibly a missile from the roof of the Woolworth Building. Port Authority Police Officer WNBC News

www.wnbc.com...

They're shooting at the Trade Center from the Woolworth Building. Radio Dispatch NY Daily News

The first one they think was a guy shooting the missiles off the Woolworth Building. WTC Police Channel 07 Mercury News

Woolworth Building! They're firing missiles from Woolworth Building! Police Channel Portland Inymedia

portland.indymedia.org...

...there was a missile launch at the Woolworth building. Police Officer, 09:18AM
Mailgate News

...the police had a report that a missile had been fired at the World Trade Center from the Woolworth building. Alan Reiss, WTC Police Desk 9-11 Commission Hearing

www.9-11commission.gov...

About 50 yards from the Tower There was a 'swooshing' sound, then an explosion, and it sounded really low. It was if someone, one or two floors above me, had launched a shoulder-fired missile." Lance Cpl. Alan Reifenberg Marine Corps News

www.lejeune.usmc.mil...

As we pulled ‘round the corner, we stopped the rig, and a cop walked over to us and said, `I saw them shoot a missile launcher off that [Woolworth] building, you guys better be careful up there.’ NYC Fireman Mr.Bellers Neighborhood

[edit on 22-10-2007 by exitestablishment]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitestablishment
Honestly, i'm posting this out of curiosity. I only ran across this theroey this weekend. Here are some interesting quotes about it. Has it been discussed here yet?

I had posted the police report from the 9/11 commission report about a missile being fired from the Wollworth building.

Also i have photo of damage done to the top of the Woolworth building.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Could you at least give us a little hand in linking to those sources, please?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkman.is-a-geek.net
Could you at least give us a little hand in linking to those sources, please?

The sources are already there. I pulled the quotes from a questionable website that I frequently view.

z13.invisionfree.com...

I want to know if these quotes are authentic.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
9/11 commission report,

TESTIMONY OF ALAN REISS
BEFORE THE
NATIONAL COMMISSION ON TERRORIST ATTACKS UPON THE UNITED STATES
May 18, 2004

Mr. Chairman, on the morning of 9/11, I was on the World Trade Center Concourse when the first plane hit. I responded immediately to the World Trade Center Police Desk, which was in the immediate vicinity on the plaza level and was told that the police had a report that a missile had been fired at the World Trade Center from the Woolworth building.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
All the damning evidence is there, as per quotes but we'll need to see some video feed to know for sure about this..... I don't doubt it at all, I still think there's holograms and all kinds of lies/fakes going on.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Seems a bit far fetched.
Fishy at best!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Smoke from the top of the Woolworth building (see red square). Building was too far away to get hit by debris.

i114.photobucket.com...

[edit on 23-10-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1
Smoke from the top of the Woolworth building (see red square). Building was too far away to get hit by debris.

i114.photobucket.com...

An engine from flight 175 was found at Church & Murray, which is actually farther away than the Woolworth building. Maybe it did get hit by debris?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I posted about this as well back in 05, links and photos, interviews.
It sort of drifted off track but still interesting.

Missiles Fired at the WTC From Woolworth Building ?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade
An engine from flight 175 was found at Church & Murray, which is actually farther away than the Woolworth building. Maybe it did get hit by debris?

But was any debris big enough and heavy enough and able to reach and do damge to the top of a building that far away ?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Okay but why would a missle that is fired from a building do any damage to the concrete slab it was fired on? The blast from the back of even the heaviest shoulder holstered firepower wouldn't do any significant damage to the building in which it was fired.

People were obviously speculating because they thought it was an all out terrorist attack. Seems to be more self suggestion than die hard evidence.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing there would still be a plume of smoke from the top floors of the Woolworth Building for 25 minutes while both towers burned and finally collapsed. The caption on the photobucket photo in an post above says the "Twin Towers have collapsed".

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Okay but why would a missle that is fired from a building do any damage to the concrete slab it was fired on? The blast from the back of even the heaviest shoulder holstered firepower wouldn't do any significant damage to the building in which it was fired.

Well maybe it wasn't a shoulder fired missile. It would have taken a good size missile to do damage to the towers. It might have been one of those that require to be mounted or bolted in.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ever heard of BDM?

Bunker-Defeat-Munitions?

Also; it was a missle ... it didn't have to be shoulder fired. It could have been from a portable launch platform.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by amanbuthimself]

[edit on 23-10-2007 by amanbuthimself]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Doesn't seem plausible.

Javelin, with no significant blast behind the launcher.
Javelin

In all likeliness, if this things is a cover up, it'd probably be remote controlled planes. Why go through the trouble of holograms, shoulder fired missles (that would be largley ineffective to a building that size), and projection/heat orbs (or whatever...)? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to just crash two jets in the towers and call it a day?

[edit on 23-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

But was any debris big enough and heavy enough and able to reach and do damge to the top of a building that far away ?

Maybe not. Just a guess. But if not, are you suggesting that the "missle" caused the damage? How could this happen? The missle would have to be "outside" the facade to get damaged from the thrust of the engine would it not? Wouldn't someone notice a missle perched outside pointing at WTC 1? Was it fired from inside the building? I guess it's possible, but I don't think so.

Either way wouldn't it have showed up in the Naudet brothers video?

I'm not throwing daggers, just trying to understand the logistics-

2PacSade-

bad sentence

[edit on 23-10-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Regardless. The operating system of a portable platform or what have you, all work the same way. All weapon systems, land or air, seem to work the same. They are released, either dropped or "popped out" and then initiate their propulsion system. This isn't Rambo, where the rocket launchers breathe fire out of the back of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Maybe not. Just a guess. But if not, are you suggesting that the "missle" caused the damage? How could this happen? The missle would have to be "outside" the facade to get damaged from the thrust of the engine would it not? Wouldn't someone notice a missle perched outside pointing at WTC 1? Was it fired from inside the building? I guess it's possible, but I don't think so.

Either way wouldn't it have showed up in the Naudet brothers video?

Well i do not know the design of the Woolworth building. If the missile was set up just inside (if a large open floor) and the engine ignited fire on the inside and then the outside of the builidng as it launched.

I believe the Naudet brothers were on the other side of the building. Also they just happed to get the first plane on film after it flew into the building, we do not know what all was happening just before or around that time.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So if according to some theories that airliners didn't bring down the towers, how on Earth would a shoulder fired missile have any impact at all structurally speaking?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join