It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malibu wildfires man-made?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I was just about to post the exact same thing! I think some people heard about the fires and decided to torch their own houses. (maybe for the insurance money)

About a year ago we had some bad weather in my town. There were plenty of downed trees and debris everywhere. A lot of folks saw this as a perfect opportunity to clean unsightly trees, bushes, etc, from their yards. They dragged it into the middle of the street and let the city deal with it. Otherwise they'd have to go through the trouble of chopping it up and bagging it.

That castle that was destroyed went up for sale about 3 months ago (I think) for 18 million. Nobody bought it.... maybe the owner decided that now would be the perfect time to get rid of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I play WoW (lol nerd
) and a couple of guildies of mine are from the So-Cal region. One of them caught word of a mandatory evacuation while we were raiding, so needless to say he packed up and left. Horrible situation.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Monger]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Over 100,000 people have been displaced. Where are they going? ...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
looking from a completely tactical viewpoint. the southern california fires look strategically placed.

1. All of the fires are near enough to major highways. and most started from 10-21 to 10-22.

2. All of the fires are within a couple of miles from a highway, or intersections of a highways.

I am looking at possible evacuation roots, and right now from where I am at in the north san diego county area. The only way to go is north to los angeles, because there are fires at all of the highways leading to the east, south, and north-east.

The people in Los Angeles, have fires burning in all directions. Everyone in san diego is forced northwards.

Now if I was some crazy goverment that wanted to kill the most people that i could. I would first start fires in strategic places, and then I would force people to a central populated area (Los Angeles (for the slow people))

For a nuclear attack.

--not saying this is going to happen, just a 'what if'

-------------------------------Fire start times-------------------------
Fallbrook, Ca fire started today at 4:16 am oct 22
Irvine, Ca fire at 5:55 pm oct 22 (according to this map, it really started sometime this morning before 6am because i saw some from it when i was driving)

Escondido fire started at 1:50 am oct 22

poway fire started afternoon, oct 21

chula vista fire started oct 21 9:30 am

Malibu fire Time of start: 4:50 a.m., 10-21

--------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a map of the fires:
maps.google.com...,-117.57019&spn=3.111338,3.955078 &z=8

[edit on 23-10-2007 by elusivetruth]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've been watching this story pretty closely for the past 3 days. The current figures are as follows:

~300,000 people evacuated.
~1,000 homes destroyed.
~200 businesses destroyed.

Currently there's absolutely no known estimate as to when the fires will be under control, but, there are 19 or so major hot spots firefighters are, day and night, working on putting out. Winds are still strong and in some cases overpowering for aerial support but I haven't heard of reports recently where they've had to ground any of their helicopters.

---

I really wouldn't say these are being conducted as "acts of terrorism" in the sense, they're being done by other countries. There's no doubt that many of these fires are results of arson but that can't be directly related to acts of aggression.

It's just far easier for a moronic few to start these fires. There's major drought, lots of fuel for the fire(s), and extremely unforgiving weather.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
A quick update:

~321,000 people evacuated.
~1,200 homes destroyed.
~230 business destroyed.
7 different California counties are being effected.

Here are some videos:

www.liveleak.com...

www.liveleak.com...

www.liveleak.com... (Must see)

I'd also like to add that, 2 of the fires are feared to become monster blazes and there are also fears that a Los Angeles County fire may start.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I live in the San Diego area and something about this fire bothers me. When I was growing up in Temecula we had fires the women and children would evacuate and the men would stay and defend the house. In our case my father and I would step on the embers that landed on our roof and porch. I bring this up becuase the government has manditory evacuations in parts of San Diego making the suburbs a ghost town. I watch reporter after reporter showing embers flying overhead and landing on a house. After 30 mins or so the house was on fire. If the reporter can camp out all day in the subs, why can a few men (or women) stay by protect there home and then leave (most of these neighborhoods have multiple routes out) when the walll of fire arrives. Some cases a wall of fire never arrived but homes were burned by embers traveling up to half a mile in the string winds. Just my two cents..........

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The first thing that popped into mind was CNN. What if CNN was orchestrating these fires to promote their special, "Planet in Peril", coming up soon?

I seriously doubt this, of course, but in today's world, you never know.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My first thought was that the fires may have been deliberately set. Who knows what goes on in someone's mind?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
CNN says 500,000 people have been evacuated in San Diego County alone.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I SAW IT! I got it on video last night. It's a freaking UFO! I saw it with my very own eyes the beam of light touching our beloved earth and in an instant it ignited and the UFO went away faster than light! So horrible!

I'm uploading it on youtube soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer_PR

Sorry wrong thread.
BTW, can you make a new thread and have the link in it?

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Over 100,000 people have been displaced. Where are they going? ...

Where they always go. Starbucks.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
reply to post by Observer_PR

Sorry wrong thread.
BTW, can you make a new thread and have the link in it?

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Dan5647]

Yes, yes I will. Once I finish adding up some cool special effects and select a very nice song to spice things up then I'll upload it. Oh and after I finish studying Calculus cause I got an exam tomorrow. Anyways if you guys don't see me upload the video then maybe the CIA/FBI/NSA or NWO/retillian/ masonic groups has taken hold of me. If so, THEN I WANT ATS to INVESTIGATE!

Deny ignorance.

-Observer out-

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have found CNN to have the best coverage of the blaze than any other with a few less commercial interruptions. They did admit early today that one of the fires were suspected arson,/ but at this point what does that matter? What is important is the life of the People and the animals at all of the wild animal parks in San Diego and the surrounding areas.There will plenty of time to discuss the conspiracy issues for now, lets just stay with the facts of what we know. Huge winds spreading sparks around creating new fires. This thing is far from over and I think it may be a harbinger of many more states that will see this kind of fire storm activity this year.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I was watching CNN and I heard one of the news people use the term "strike" (strike like this). True, he could have just meant "hit" as in, with disaster, but, I got the impression that he was saying "strike" as in, attack. It is so, so strange.

Is this what "Emergency Preparedness" is all about?

Also, it appears as though the strange movements in the sky correlate with the strange happenings on the ground.

Could we already have entered WWIII? Whatever it is, I think the public has a right to know.

A half a million people are displaced. What a tragedy!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Who are the people who are 'evacuating' other people? I guess what I am saying, is it the police that are preventing looting right now? Seriously, 500,000 people evacuated... I am sure there are some 'baddies' out there thinking about all the plasma tvs and such being left behind. Who is stopping them from grabbing some goodies on their way out?

From what I heard on the radio this morning, one of Elvis' former cars was burned up in that Castle... Sounds like arson for insurance, if it wasn't an accident connected with the wildfires. Seems like it would be hard for a "Castle" to burn...

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have family(in laws) there, but they are safe for now.

I've wondered too if there's a conspiracy, possibly political, to this. Though, being out west I can say dry trees and brush ignite very fast, so can see this happening, as it does up here often.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
These high winds are no coincedence. The worst possibility may be true.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

How could this be a WWIII? These events are confined to So.Cal.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join