It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73,846 U.S. Troops Dead - Iraq War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I cannot find one single figure in the VA document that corroborates the outrageous claims made in the diatribe on this site .

In fact, the VA document has nothing at all to do with the war in Iraq, but rather the Gulf War, hence the title, Gulf War Veterans Information System

This report, supplied by VHA, shows death rates from 1990 to 1997 of US Gulf War veterans deployed to the Gulf War region before March 1, 1991 compared to non-Gulf War veterans over the same period.

www1.va.gov...

Unless you can provide figures that I can't find, these are nothing but lies, and unbelieveable ones at that.

Could we have lost the numbers claimed and not noticed?

I think not.

[edit on 2007/9/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, around the time that Gulf War returnees were dropping like flies, people who were diagnosed with GWI were being contacted by a Michigan senator, who planned on taking the data before a judicial committee. The event happened, both sides brought their own doctors to argue the case - one side said it wasn't consistent enough to be labelled a specific illness, the other brought medical documents of the sick and the dying, who shared similar symptoms in common. When the dust cleared, not much else was heard about it.

I'm the wife of an Air Force career military man. When he returned from the GW, I came down with a very odd case of encephalitis, which put me in a coma on total life support for 5 days. What was odd about it was that the doctors couldn't isolate what was causing it, only that it had all the symptoms of encephalitis, so they called it that. People who died in this manner, were not said to have died from Gulf War syndrome, btw. Years later, hubby saw his medical documents from the Gulf War and sure enough, he had been inoculated for Japanese Encephalitis B. Most people didn't contract the virus in its recognizable form because it was the mycoplasmic infection that caused the problem and at the time, they weren't aware of the existence of mycoplasms.

Personally, I have a theory that it was prepared from a tick borne encephalitis, and has the same mycoplasms and symptoms as Lymes Disease (chronic fatigue, chronic arthritis, debilitating neuropathies, and so on, demyleniation of various motor nerves (which are abundant in the cerebellum of the brain and wallah, encephalitis). I could be wrong

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A whole page of related links
www.gulfwarvets.com...

WRITTEN TESTIMONY OF Dr. Garth L. Nicolson

It is now over a decade since the Persian Gulf War, but over 100,000 U. S. veterans still suffer from various illnesses attributed to their service [1-4]. Although some Gulf War Illnesses (GWI) patients have unique signs and symptoms [5], most do not have some new syndrome (Gulf War Syndrome) [6]. These illnesses are more properly called GWI, and we believe that they are due to accumulated toxic insults that cause chronic illnesses with relatively nonspecific signs and symptoms [1-4,7].

www.gulfwarvets.com...

Chronic Mycoplasmal Infections in Gulf War Veterans’ Children and Autism Patients
Garth L. Nicolson, PhD, 1 Paul Berns, MD, 1 Robert Gan, MD, 1 and Jeorg Haier, MD, PhD
www.gulfwarvets.com...

[edit on 25-9-2007 by undo]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
To anyone just tuning in. Be sure and read the cited report before commenting. Also read the posts on this thread. The GD Productions posting is not what you would call truthful. Just a heads up.

I don't know much about Godlike Productions but I won't be going there much. I prefer literacy and truth about such important matters.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Further inspection of the document indicates you have misinterpreted the document.

Look Under GULF WAR MORTALITY DATA and see numbers more in line with what we are hearing. The number there is 4312. Then to the right of that number is Non Gulf War veterans..meaning they werent even in the Gulf.

Its important to read the facts, and understand the data you are reading before drawing a conclusion. Truth is Everything

This is a document about benefits and sub categories for different types of veterans. It constitutes non deployed as well as deployed veterans. Conference, and non conference. It is inclusive of non combat deaths also and disects usage of Government provided programs.

The use of these data to draw
conclusions regarding mortality rates will result in inaccurate conclusions. For analysis of Gulf War veteran mortality, see
"Mortality among US Veterans of the Persian Gulf War: 7-Year Follow-up, "Han K. Kang and Tim A. Bullman, American

Which is exactly what happened here. These are veteran Deaths that arent even attached to the war, as well as non deployed service members.

I think the bigger number is in injuries and loss of limbs which is a fairly large number.

Remember...Carrots cause cancer..because after all...99% of every person that has, or has had cancer, has eaten carrots.

Peace

[edit on 26-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 26-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ok please these numbers are no where close to the real thing. and Ill be honest loosing one guy is too much but.. Ill just say this. Numbers is a part of my Job.... as of yesterday U.S. Deaths Confirmed By The DoD is 3797. the documented civilian deaths is 73,000-80,000 so thats what you may have saw.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
ADMIN/MODERATOR:

PLEASE change the subject of this thread to "73,846 Troops & Vets Dead
Since 1990". I don't think it should be in the War on Terrorism forum
either. Best location would be "Alternative News". BTW..has the thread
starter apologized for his error in interpreting the data? Hope it wasn't
intentional. -cwm

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yep, all dead and for what?

It's a disgrace.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyBlonde

It's a disgrace.

im glad you think my friends have died for nothing. and im glad that you think my old troop that is there now are risking there lives for nothing. you are a disgrace.

i know this tid bit wont change your mind, but you might as well be spitting on their graves saying something as stupid as the above statement..

[edit on 15amu22007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Thats correct,
Those pour souls died for nothing.
If people whom claim to be real patriotic americans, were even the slightest bit patriotic, they too would appreciate that anyone dying in this crime of humanity has died in vein and for no good reason.

Sorry to say but he's right, so deal with it!

Do you think Iraqi's are sitting around thinking the same?
They lost a hell of a lot more than anyone in America, they lost their futures... there families.... there jobs.... there ability to feel happieness....

Sad, your men were sent to die to make them feel miserable too.

when will people wake up?

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Thats correct,
Those pour souls died for nothing.
If people whom claim to be real patriotic americans, were even the slightest bit patriotic, they too would appreciate that anyone dying in this crime of humanity has died in vein and for no good reason.

Sorry to say but he's right, so deal with it!

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Agit8dChop]

most of them had no jobs homes or familes left after the crimes that commited aginst them by their former gov. im not gonna sit here and try to change your mind. but i will dare you to say that to a patriot that proudly steped foot on iraq soil to fight and die for me and you. im very patriotic and im a disabled vet. ive done more to preserve freedom than you have dreamed of. im not gonna rant anymore with someone who is blind to fact that is in their own post.

as for my dare if you need help finding one i know 124 that are over there right now proudlu dieing for both of us...

[edit on 15amu32007 by DaleGribble]

[edit on 15amu32007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

Originally posted by JimmyBlonde

It's a disgrace.

im glad you think my friends have died for nothing. and im glad that you think my old troop that is there now are risking there lives for nothing. you are a disgrace.

i know this tid bit wont change your mind, but you might as well be spitting on their graves saying something as stupid as the above statement..

[edit on 15amu22007 by DaleGribble]

I am afrais you have misunderstood me DaleGribble...

I save my bile to spit upon the graves of those who perpetrated this travesty upon you and your friends. I understand that their sacrafice is not meaningless to you who served with them and relied upon them for your safety in combat. On this level their acts were not meaningless and I apologise for the generalisation. The lack of meaning I refer to lies within the corruption and deception that sent such folk to fight a pointless war. It is the decievers who have dishonoured your brave comrades with their lies and not I DaleGribble so look to them for justice, I am fighting on YOUR behalf in what small way I can.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JimmyBlonde

i didnt mean to throw this topic off. and sorry for misunderstanding you but from where i sit i was very offended by the wording of it. but i will never be swayed to believe these brave me died for no good reason. if the government is wrong for sending them over there thats one thing. but anyway you look at it these men are dieing for their country. and though we may have strayed a bit our flag stands for freedom and as long as these men are dieing under that flag they are dieing for freedom

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

All that glitters is not gold and not all those who bear that flag pay true tribute to it. A man may believe in many things and be true to them but unless he is prepared to face the truth he will never honour those beliefs.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
once a gain i find the wording to say the least offensive, however ill give you the benifit of the doubt this time for all fairness. however im done with this topic. its been debunked as misread facts time and again..

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The war in Iraq perhaps is best described in the Bible.

Observe yea the Locust, how it mounts an attack without a leader.

America is not fighting a war in Iraq, its a will.

I feel sadness for all people suffering and dying in this madness.

1 Troop dead in Iraq was too many. 1 Iraqi dead is too many.

Both are our brothers and sisters

Forgive them Father, they know not what they do....

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Are these statistics not delivered from the first Gulf War, and not this current theater in Iraq? It's still interesting to see how the Military perceives death and causality.

Luxifero

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
More dishonest, out of context, hysteria on this site.....what a shocker!

Very few of these deaths are combat related. Most are from other causes since the 1990 time frame during the first gulf war. They include deaths for ANY reason of soldiers who have served in the gulf area of operations since the early 90's. I'm guessing the OP knows this, he's just being intellectually dishonest. I hate liars.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

I'm so tired of hearing this nonsense! You and your comrades did not die protecting our freedoms or this country. There hasn't been a war or a conflict that had to do directly with our freedoms or protecting America since the Revolutionary War. Read this a few times if you have to man!!! This is what you got disabled for and this is what your friends died for!
The Troops Don't Defend Our Freedoms

America's armed forces (in recent times) have been used as voluntary mercenaries playing out our insecure leaders global chess game. Cannon fodder to make money for war profiteers. This is truth! Sometimes its really hard to take, even for people that have lost good friends and comrades fighting these silly wars for leaders that don't give 2 sh*ts about any of you!

Case in point, look at how veterans are treated by our gov't when they get back. Is that how treat people who supposedly fought and got maimed psychologically and physically for our country!?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, this was a sordid read.

Have ya'll seen this thread. Its amazingly pertinent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join