It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73,846 U.S. Troops Dead - Iraq War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
www1.va.gov...
Above is a link to the PDF Document released

Department of Veteran's Affairs, in conjunction with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has released the truth because they need the AMerican People to know our military is literally, destroyed. They cannot release these horrific numbers via the chain of command, so they let slip a report which now cannot be "un-slipped."

GodLikeProductions.com

im shocked, surely this has to be fake, or really skewed out of the truth.

www1.va.gov...
above is the link to the website

How come the government numbers of 3,777 as of 9/7/7 are so low? The answer is simple, the government does not want the 73,000 dead to be compared to the 55,000 U.S. soldiers killed in Vietnam Iraq = Vietnam. What the government is doing is only counting the soldiers that die in action before they can get them into a helicopter or ambulance. Any soldier who is shot but they get into a helicopter before he dies is not counted.

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

lots of people assume, but could it actually be true?

Total U.S. Military Gulf War Deaths: 73,846
– Deaths amongst Deployed: 17,847
– Deaths amongst Non-Deployed: 55,999

Total “Undiagnosed Illness” (UDX) claims: 14,874

Total number of disability claims filed: 1,620,906
- Disability Claims amongst Deployed: 407,911
- Disability Claims amongst Non-Deployed: 1,212,995

Percentage of combat troops that filed Disability Claims 36%

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Agit8dChop]

Mod Edit: Links To External Sources.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Do Not Alter Or Remove Staff Edits.

[edit on 25/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The source website looks legit if your remove everything other than www1.va.gov. The numbers certainly seem shocking though.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well, I think the number of iraqi killed are close to a million by now...

Anyway, its nice to see some truth from the US government for once. Kudos for that.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Department of Veteran's Affairs, in conjunction with the Joint Chiefs of Staff

GodLikeProductions.com

That says to me, this has some pretty defined weight behind it...

This story is 100% accurate. 100% true. 100% verifiable.

GodLikeProductions.com

Although that says something else.

Its not unrealistic to assume 70k + are dead... the US has been very tightlipped about procedures and stats
'' we dont do body counts '' I think applies more so to the allied deaths than enemy.......

WOuld anyone feel disgusted instead of positive about bush should the real figure be 70,000? would it change your mind on how 'nessecary; Iraq is ?

Mod Edit: Link To External Sources.

[edit on 25/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

WOuld anyone feel disgusted instead of positive about bush should the real figure be 70,000? would it change your mind on how 'nessecary; Iraq is ?

If so, its a pretty crazy view on things. Killing a million iraqis is fine as long as the number of American casualties are low? But once the casualties are high, you should get out of there?

Thats the mind of someone who thinks borders in the sand is more important than being members of the same species.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Our invasion of Iraq was necessary to facilitate the US domination of the middleast and for control of oil resources. Iraq is a great jumping off point for invasion into Iran to complete a possible agenda. However, IMO its not worth 70k lives. However, I don't believe that our gov't would be honest about casualties if they were this bad.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
As far as I can tell this is from 1990 to April of '07.

This is talking about all soldiers that have fought in this war from the very beginning and not all of these deaths are combat related. What it is saying is that 73,846 troops that have fought over there since 1990 have died. These are not pure combat deaths. This figure most likely includes all those vets that died of that friggen mystery illness and suicides and drug overdoses and car accidents and heart attack and the endless other ways people can die. The number is probably correct but its just the number that have died for whatever reason over the past 17 years.

Just as a side note. www.suicidewall.com...

[edit on 25/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
all the evidence is in your post 55,000 that died were never deploied. i know this next statement to be a fact. as i am a disabled vet.

the gulf war is defined by the va as all mid-east action leading up to congresses declration of war on terror and opp iraq freedom. i know this because i am classified by the va to be a gulf war vet. btw im 25 i was 10 during the gulf war.

there is no doubt in my mind these numbers are real. but the vast majority of deaths were by troops that were never deployed.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Pfeil is on the right lines.

The data refers to all veterans who have any service since the start of Gulf War 1 and their present status. The deaths reported are from any cause, (service related or not), and the different categories refer to whether they served in the region during the operations, after the war, or were never deployed to the region at all.

The data does not simply show deaths in the conflict or resulting from the conflict. Not surprisingly the biggest number of 55,999 refers to deaths of veterans who never even went to the Gulf.

What is the source of the comments you are quoting Agit8d? Whoever wrote them has utterly misrepresented the data.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
That's 73,846 dead Americans vs the millions of Iraqi's who have lost their lives at the hands of foreign invaders who are bringing 'democracy' to a place that doesn't need it.

Do you still feel that you made the right choice when you invaded the WRONG country after 9/11?

I hope this teaches the US a grave lesson. You are not invincible and you made a terrible, terrible mistake.

God bless everybody who died. May George Bush burn in hell.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Im not sure what deaths they are reporting. Natural causes, accidents or what?

Department of Veterans Affairs Reports 73 Thousand U.S. Gulf War Deaths

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
That's 73,846 dead Americans vs the millions of Iraqi's who have lost their lives at the hands of foreign invaders who are bringing 'democracy' to a place that doesn't need it.

Do you still feel that you made the right choice when you invaded the WRONG country after 9/11?

I hope this teaches the US a grave lesson. You are not invincible and you made a terrible, terrible mistake.

God bless everybody who died. May George Bush burn in hell.

I hope this teaches the U.S. a grave lesson about misinterpreting statistical data, but I'm not holding my breath.

If you actually READ the attached report (highly suggested before commenting on its contents), you'll find that 73,846 veterans have died between 8/02/1990 and May of 2007. While this might seem to confirm the idea that "The Gubmunt iz lying tew us about Iraq!!", a quick page-flip to the section labled "Categories" will show that those 73,846 deaths are ALL veterans who served on any dates between 08/02/1990 and May of 2007, who died from any cause whatsoever. In other words, out of 4.499.518 people who served in the military in any capacity, at any duty station over the last seventeen years, 73,846 of them have died in those seventeen years.

Never mind 'not being the same thing', that doesn't even bear a passing resemblance to "73,846 US soldiers killed in Iraq". The numbers are accurate, but they're being presented in a very skewed way...which just proves once again that Sam Clemmens was right. "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics".

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well the fact is, that todays military medical response to a wounded soldier in very effective. From the moment that a medic first touches him he has a much greater chance of surviving than a soldier of say WWII. Basically what this means is that even if they did count the soldiers(which I think they should) that died on helicopters or "not in action" the numbers of dead officially given wound not go up much more.

Also, considering that most of the about 150k+ military personnel in Iraq are not combat soldiers (roughly about 52k combat soldiers in Iraq), I highly doubt that the figure of 73k+ dead are are from the last four years of fighting. If the US had lost that many in so short of a time period the Government would have begun conscription. No doubt about it.

Again, the 73k+ figure was taken over the 17 year period and covers pretty much anyone that had anything to do with the first Iraq conflict, the fight between the wars, and the current war. They arent all combat related deaths. Many hadnt even gone to or fought in Iraq.

[edit on 25/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As has already been pointed out:
(1) The document appears to be genuine
(2) But it does NOT assert 73,846 deaths are due to the current Iraq war, but rather these are all deaths for the past 17 years for veterans; and of which 55,999 of those deaths were for "non-deployed" veterans.

Therefore, I suggest that the base note is completely, and apparently deliberately, misrepresenting the data.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"....73,846 U.S. Troops Dead...."

yeah, but think about all the money that was made from those sacrifices... all in the name of War on Terror.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think some people are skipping the posts about the 73,846 deaths being over a 17 year period and not during the Iraq War. Repeat all deaths not from the Iraq War.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I think some people are skipping the posts about the 73,846 deaths being over a 17 year period and not during the Iraq War. Repeat all deaths not from the Iraq War.

No, they are not skipping them, they see them.

Just doesn't fit the desired outcome they wish, as it does not fit to their personal political agenda.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Death StatisticsReguardless of what any of you have to say. That is a lot of dead soldiers. Check out this site about death statistics for all types of deaths. For example according to the stats on this website something like 90 people a year die from lightning strikes. thats 1500 in the last 17 years. Anyone know the chances of getting struck by lightning? So 55,000 non combat deaths from middle east action is simply staggering.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thats funny cause when they have an agenda to push, they shove whatever quote, thread, and web post that supports their views down our throats. As a matter of fact, this thread should be remove because of its obvious design.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhamende
Death StatisticsReguardless of what any of you have to say.

"[sic]Reguardless of what any of you have to say."
You have already discounted any intelligent conversation with this comment. Fail.

That is a lot of dead soldiers. Check out this site about death statistics for all types of deaths. For example according to the stats on this website something like 90 people a year die from lightning strikes. thats 1500 in the last 17 years. Anyone know the chances of getting struck by lightning?

Odds of being killed by lightning: 2320000 to 1.

So 55,000 non combat deaths from middle east action is simply staggering.

No, it is not. Over 750000 people actually do die in the United States every year. Possibly more. The actual odds that 3235 non combat members of a four million man army will die each year for 17 years is not really surprising at all.

NEWS FLASH - A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE DIE EVERY DAY, AND THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE MILITARY!

MUST be a conspiracy!

[edit on 9-25-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join