It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think NASA does and has done, many fine things. Scientists are awesome, as long as they don't try to dictate my spiritual life or attempt to cover up what's going on in the universe, they will remain so. The minute they try to tell me the supernatural isn't real (because they can't independently verify it) and then proceed to force their views on me, my friends, family and acquaintances, that's the minute, i disagree with them. And, if what my eyes tell me I'm seeing on the moon is true, well, I can't tell my brain -- no, you're not seeing that. Cause, I don't make a habit of lying to myself.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Access Denied

Are you really serious? When the ship is sinking, it is not honorable to break out with a string quartet. Just abandon ship and move on.

I don't think it was that offensive, either, AD....but Undo was offended by it. She has valid reasons to be offended. Your feigned reasons deal more with a varying state of perceived ignorance. You cannot be offended by what some IS. But you can be offended by what they SAY.

Look up the term "Civil Treatment"....there are lessons invovled there.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Access Denied

Are you really serious? When the ship is sinking, it is not honorable to break out with a string quartet. Just abandon ship and move on.

I don't think it was that offensive, either, AD....but Undo was offended by it. She has valid reasons to be offended. Your feigned reasons deal more with a varying state of perceived ignorance. You cannot be offended by what some IS. But you can be offended by what they SAY.

Look up the term "Civil Treatment"....there are lessons invovled there.

Darn tootin', I have valid reasons to be offended. It's not even remotely funny. It implies half the population (et.al, every female) has breast enhancements and that wouldn't it be a funny joke if they all exploded and the women attached to them all died. No, it would not be funny. That's not funny. No, it isn't funny. It's. not. funny.

Not only that, he's trying to make it seem like Springer and John Lear are on the same page with him and that anyone who agrees with JL is an "useful idiot." In other words, he's playing a psychological game, for the purposes of not only downgrading the topic, running off people who will perceive the entire thing as BS, but by just being generally abusive to anyone associated with the topic in as offensive a way as possible.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm so sorry undo, I did not follow his link since he cannot be bothered to follow ours, else I would have been much harsher.

So let's get back on topic, where are the other black spacecraft Zorgon is talking about?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think some people need a serious humour transplant here.
It was a joke. You dont like it? thats fine but dont make a federal case out of it or even try and make it seem that it was aimed at anyone.

I get offended by lots of things, but never by a joke. Jokes are intended to be laughed at and not taken personally. To let a joke offend you shows a certain amount of immaturity or an amazingly insulting amount of political correctness.

My neice has cerebral palsy but a few weeks back I took her to a Comedy Store show in London where she nearly fell off her chair with laughter at a joke about someone with cerebral palsy, she was still gigling about it hours later. My mother died of Alzheimers but I dont get on my high horse when people make jokes about that as jokes arent aimed at anyone, they are jokes about a subject matterand not a subject.
Thats what makes humans, human. Our ability to laugh at ourselves.

Its also interesting to note that Springer himself contributed to that thread about the breast joke but do I see Undo taking a poke at him? Nope.
Undo just used the joke to make a personal attack at AD. Nothing more but nothing less.
Jokes arent going to go away so people better get used to them.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
I'm so sorry undo, I did not follow his link since he cannot be bothered to follow ours, else I would have been much harsher.

So let's get back on topic, where are the other black spacecraft Zorgon is talking about?

yeah, i guess you're right. sorry, for emotional outburst.
back to our regularly schedule science and space discussion (which by the way has nothing whatsoever to do with breast enhancements )

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
It was a joke. You dont like it? thats fine but dont make a federal case out of it or even try and make it seem that it was aimed at anyone.

It isn't funny. How much of that don't you understand?
Not. funny. Half the population dead from explosive breasts?
What's funny about that? Huge amounts of women are dying
from breast related diseases, every day . Every single one of
the original Charlie's Angels has been diagnosed with breast
cancer? Isn't that funny? I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

It isn't funny. How much of that don't you understand?

It isnt funny to you. Thats all.

Not. funny. Half the population dead from explosive breasts?
What's funny about that? Huge amounts of women are dying
from breast related diseases, every day .

Yes just like my dear wife has, but its a joke, it isnt real you know, its a joke.

Every single one of
the original Charlie's Angels has been diagnosed with breast
cancer? Isn't that funny? I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere

Yes there is, the fact you have to bring up a ridiculous film or TV series to make a failed point.
Its a joke. Lifes a joke, or havent you quite worked that out yet?.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Chorlton,

If life's a joke, why are you offended about our discussions here ?

Be consistent, you're confusing the useful idiots such as myself.

P.s. Farrah Fawcett, Jacylyn Smith and Kate Jackson have all been
diagnosed with breast cancer. There, is that better? So was
Suzanne Summers, and several others. And that's just Hollywood,
where they have plenty of money to buy the best foods, herbs
vitamins, medical care, and water, money can buy.
Out here in the general population, it's even higher. It's very
sensitive issue for me for more than personal reasons. It truly
isn't funny. It's an epidemic. It's like making fun of AIDS patients.
Wanna try that one ? I didn't think so.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Chorlton,

If life's a joke, why are you offended about our discussions here ?

Offended? Im not offended at all. I get offended by people posting supposition as fact but other than that I dont get offended.
You'd probably be amazed at how much of what gets posted I either agree with or see the logic in, I just dont go grovelling to the posters thats all. I stay quiet.

The problem with life, and why its a joke is that when you arrive at an age when you finally start to understand things, your either too old to do anything about it or just when you realise it.........you die.

Be consistent, you're confusing the useful idiots such as myself.

Look, Im consistently annoying, isnt that enough for you

OK you just edited so will I.
My wife had a mastectomy last year. But we still laugh about it. As she said, her boobs were that small you couldnt tell the difference if they took them both off.

I repeat, jokes arent personal.. I know a few AIDS Jokes
This bloke went into a gay bar and..........................NAHHH Off topic.

[edit on 8/10/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

OK you just edited so will I.
My wife had a mastectomy last year. But we still laugh about it. As she said, her boobs were that small you couldnt tell the difference if they took them both off.

Friend of the family was diagnosed with it, and it was in remission after masectomy and chemo. Thing just popped up again and is in her liver, one of her lungs and pancreas. It's not funny then is it? What did your wife's doc tell her? Mine other one, was gargantuan, so I'm extremely lopsided and the scar is horrendous. It looks like the back of Vader's head. I don't like it. I don't like the danger the entire thing presents to me and other women. And at this time, I find nothing humorous about it, or about the epidemic of it. I wouldn't tempt fate by making jokes since it could very well play itself out and then all you men will have is photographs, robots and blow up dolls. Hrm, on second thought, maybe there is a conspiracy here.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm gonna try to avoid saying anything else on the topic.

Zorgon? Where are ya with the black ships!?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I just replied by U2U

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i apologize to thread readers for my outburst.
different conspiracies impeding on each other.

carry on.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hello every one, i am new to this but over the past few daysi have been listing and looking at a lot of intersting items. john i learnd about you after listing to the raido show coast to coast on youtube and i must say intersting. i think i have learned more in the past few day then in the past few years of my life. but to get to the point it dosent take 6DAYS to dock and return thats no joke.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Shhh They are a secret dontchaknow... they are hiding... I think the KGB has something to do with it but they won't let me look at their files like the DoD does..
What's up with that?

Now can't we all just play nice and look for 'non existent' spaceships? Big brother is watching and he doesn't like all this feuding.

Now about von Braun... I have shown you what he said and where it came from... there are other references but they may be all one source, don't know for sure... I'll see what I can do on that...

But in the meantime can you show me where it says he never said this? And don't give me that 'you can't prove a negative' or 'its not up to you to prove anything' If he didn't say it, surely NASA, or some other agency, or his estate would have come out to deny it...

You know I still have trouble getting around the fact that shortly after he left NASA and started being anti weapons in space, he dies early of cancer

And Ben Rich after his UCLA retirement speech from Lockheed also passed away after stating...

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”
Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

Coincidence perhaps... but spooky non the less

Its also weird that Von Braun, ex NAZI bringer of the V2 comes out for peace and Carl Sagan , supposedly for peace wanted to Nuke the Moon to see if there was any signs of life...

:shk:

I guess we are not in Kansas anymore...

Got a few days 'hard labor' will continue the black ships then...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem like black is the color of modern aviation?

Anything that is "stealth" in nature is black. The bombers, the fighters...

It seems to me that the best way to avoid detection is to prevent a reflection....maybe i am just wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
It seems to me that the best way to avoid detection is to prevent a reflection....maybe i am just wrong.

that is one way... Mr Furry there is another...

LOL Zorgon's funky science class....

Imagine if you will...

We are standing a few feet apart...
I hold a basket ball between you and me...
How do you see me and the ball?
You see light reflected off of me and the ball...
So say for a moment that the ball contained a small generator that produced a powerful magnetic field on the ball...

Now the light reflected off me is bent around this field and you see me... and effectively the ball has become invisible.

Simplified to be sure but I know you understand what I am getting at...

Now imagine a mirror... you can reflect a beam of light anywhere you like... theoretically you could use that reflected beam as propulsion in space, albeit it would take a very long time to accelerate your mass to any reasonable speed... but if given time you would reach light speed

Now imagine a round copper sphere... with a hole in it... and a pith ball on a string... put a charge on both... depending on polarity it will attract the pith ball to the sphere or repel it... yet lower the pith ball into the hole... no reaction... as the force is canceled out within the sphere...

Now take a UFO (read Flying Saucer) Consider the shape ideal for putting a field around it... a sphere is good, a lens shape, a cylinder all good a torus works too (don't know why yet
)

On a lens shape (or standard ufo shape) the effect is pronounced around the lip, but inside it still applies...

So what we have is a shape... with an applied field... that has no effect inside the shape... yet can absorb reflect or redirect electromagnetic energy

Effects would be invisibility, or at least a 'shimmering' blurry look to the craft by day... a glowing at night... and that would be brighter as more power was used

Okay yuppers I know the 'scientists' are going to pounce... that's okay... I aready have been told I am crazy... but the rest think about it
Ever wonder why UFO pictures are 'fuzzy' by day or 'glowing' at night?

Well what has that to do with secret projects? Well electromagnetic shielding can be used for 'cloaking'

The only flaw in that theory is I would need proof that we even had such a thing... well lets see what I have in my drawer here...

I ordered this document some time ago and never got around to using it yet...

Contract NASw-502 Final Report Rev 31 Jan 1964
N64-31552
prepared for
NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION
by
Space Sciences Laboratory
Missile and Space Division
GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
Philadelphia, Pa.

Excerpt

This report summarizes the work done by the Space Structures Operation
of the Space Sciences Laboratory for the National Aeronautics and Space
Administration on Contract NASw- 50.2 entitled "Active Shielding Concepts
for the Ionizing Radiations in Space.

Norris Dow of the Space Sciences Laboratory and S. P. Shen of New York University were consultants on this project.

The nuclear cascade experiments were supported in part by the Geophysical Directorate of the Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories.

Studies have been made on the problems of shielding a spacecraft from
ionizing radiation.Protons having energies between 100 and 1,000 MeV were
taken as the radiation that should be excluded from the spacecraft's crew.
An electromagnetic field system using a toroidal shaped spacecraft with a
confined magnetic field is shown to be the lightest among those treated.

Weight calculations were made for spacecraft having crew spaces of 10,
100, 1,000, and 10,000 cu. ft. Spheres, cylinders, toruses, and spherical
modules were selected for crew space configurations. Confined magnetic
fields surrounded each with passively shielded hatches added for passageway
through the field.

Material costs have been estimated for electromagnetic confined field
shielding systems using niobium zirconium superconducting wires.

prototype model for an experimental feasibility
study of a confined space electromagnetic shielding system

If the dipole were created by single turn coil
surrounding the torus, the superconductor required would be eleven centimeters thick and the current would be 1.64 x 10(8) amperes

So in 1964 NASA was working on and had a completed study complete with costing and prototype for electromagnetic shielding for spheres, cylinders and toruses...

No wonder space radiation isn't a concern these days...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
LOL Zorgon's funky science class....

It may be "funky", but it sure isn't a lot of science ...

[...] So say for a moment that the ball contained a small generator that produced a powerful magnetic field on the ball...

Now the light reflected off me is bent around this field and you see me... and effectively the ball has become invisible.

Rubbish! Light isn't bent at all by a magnetic field! It passes straight through! Electrically charged particles (e.g. protons, electrons, ions, etc.) are, but light isn't. (See "Disclaimer" at bottom of posting)

Simplified to be sure but I know you understand what I am getting at...

Not "simplified", but plain incorrect! So all you're getting at is based on a false premise.

Now imagine a round copper sphere... with a hole in it... and a pith ball on a string... put a charge on both... depending on polarity it will attract the pith ball to the sphere or repel it... yet lower the pith ball into the hole... no reaction... as the force is canceled out within the sphere...

Fine, but what has this to do with magentic fields? What you just talked about are static electric fields!

[...]
So what we have is a shape... with an applied field... that has no effect inside the shape... yet can absorb reflect or redirect electromagnetic energy

Again, an electromagnetic field doesn't reflect or redirect light. Therefore this ...

Effects would be invisibility, or at least a 'shimmering' blurry look to the craft by day... a glowing at night... and that would be brighter as more power was used

... is nonsense.

Okay yuppers I know the 'scientists' are going to pounce... that's okay... I aready have been told I am crazy... but the rest think about it
Ever wonder why UFO pictures are 'fuzzy' by day or 'glowing' at night?

Not only 'scientists' are going to pounce, but also scientists - the real ones, without the quotes!

The only flaw in that theory is I would need proof that we even had such a thing...

No, it isn't the only flaw. The other, and major one, is that your premise is false!

well lets see what I have in my drawer here...

I can't wait ...

Contract NASw-502 Final Report Rev 31 Jan 1964
N64-31552
prepared for
NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION
by
Space Sciences Laboratory
Missile and Space Division
GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
Philadelphia, Pa.
[...]Studies have been made on the problems of shielding a spacecraft from
ionizing radiation.Protons having energies between 100 and 1,000 MeV were
taken as the radiation that should be excluded from the spacecraft's crew.

Just as I thought! NASA talks about protons. They are charged particles, so an electromagnetic shield for them is perfectly viable. NASA doesn't say anything (in your quotes, at least) about deflecting light (photons) with their shield.

Disclaimer: Photons are slightly(!) affected by super-strong magnetic fields, as found near the surface of neutron stars. This effect is predicted by quantum field theory, and is very small and only noticable (if ever) in the presence of really very strong magnetic fields! But before you say "Hah!", you should know what field strenghts we're talking:

www.astronomycafe.net...

And if you say "Well, the aliens can do this!", then you should also know that in magnetic fields of "magnetar strength", normal atoms can't exist and are ripped apart into ions and electrons. So good-bye to your space-ship
!

Regards
yf

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yfxxx
Again, an electromagnetic field doesn't reflect or redirect light. Therefore this is nonsense.

Where do you so called scientists get off making these kind of intentionally misleading statements, whether partly or in full? Surely you have heard of phase conjugation and interferometry? Static and magnetic fields are components of an electromagnetic "field", an electromagnetic "field" is actually a wave that behaves the same as all waves do according to the laws of hydrodynamics.

If Z does not have the vocabulary it does not excuse you from being able to infer meaning based on your more expansive knowledge base.

:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join