It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg Burned Badly By Brilliant Bros

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The only mention of 'banning all cameras in NYC' I can find are on conspiracy sites.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a non CT site.

Here

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
"NATIONAL SECURITY" Well, can it be argued that civilians help to take part in securing this country through the use of their eyes, ears, and cameras? There's more civilians on the streets of NYC, in builidings, in the parks, in all of the nooks and crannies, than the military and other security forces. So it seems that civilians going about their everyday business doing what they would normally do would be a great help to national security than a hindrance to it.

The right to bear arms has undoubtedly thwarted many an attempt of an invasion over the years. . . As bad as gang violence is, don't you think that any attempt to invade this country via a ground assault would be futile?

No matter how corrupt things are-

The common folk in America are one bad ass group of individuals if you "smack the nest".

The only way to take us out would be total severance from food, water, etc.

Survival of the fittest would reign supreme in this scenario, and any concept of national pride would be lost. . . But I would imagine this would happen in any country given the same set of circumstances.

We're all human after all. . .

2PacSade-

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Banning public use of cameras in NYC could mean a possible "attack from Iran or China".

If no-one films it like 911 then its easier to coverup!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
1. Film or still photography activity involving a tripod and a crew of five or more persons (at one site for 10 or more minutes) would require a permit, or the same activity among two people at a single site for more than 30 minutes. However, note that this situation is RARE for recreational photographers;

2. Applicants unable to meet the insurance requirement may be eligible for a waiver of insurance;

3. Still photographers engaged in "permitted" activity (activity where you need a permit) would require insurance. "Permitted" activity can include those where vehicles or equipment other than hand-held cameras are used.

These rules seem perfectly within reason.
Why a person would stand in front of a building for more than thirty minutes taking pictures is beyond me.
Why more than five people would do so, is beyond me as well. [Professionals can get credentials easily, so, it's a moot point.]

All in all, this is overblown.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis

Why a person would stand in front of a building for more than thirty minutes taking pictures is beyond me.
Why more than five people would do so, is beyond me as well.

You mean like these five guys?

The New York Times reported Thursday that a group of five men had set up video cameras aimed at the Twin Towers prior to the attack on Tuesday, and were seen congratulating one another afterwards.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Why more than five people would do so, is beyond me as well.

The New York Times reported Thursday that a group of five men had set up video cameras aimed at the Twin Towers prior to the attack on Tuesday, and were seen congratulating one another afterwards.

Wow never seen that, is that for real? Very interesting.

As for the video, it was all very crazy, they didnt get much out of it, I liked the cop at the end thou. Seemed like a real nice guy.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I agree. That cop at the end was cool, and the wearechange guys did a great job reversing the alienation they impressed on him at first. Respectful truth squads that can leave their egos behind are such an effective resource in this freedom fight. Huge protests are laughable and don't change people's minds. Small groups doing street actions like this get me teary-eyed like the national anthem used to.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What a wonderful group of guys these wearechange.org guys are!!! I love it, they really stick it to the NWO, I saw a video of them at David Rockefeller's house harassing him also. Keep up the good work!! You know Bloomberg has to be bothered by this kind of thing, we just need more of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

These rules seem perfectly within reason.
Why more than five people would do so, is beyond me as well. [Professionals can get credentials easily, so, it's a moot point.]

art student doing a project? architecture student doing a project as well? amateur band photo session? all non professionals and obviously not able to afford the insurance. i mean come on, you can think of a few reasons this could logically happen in a city as large and diverse as new york. i mean, unless you've never been there.

anyway, after seeing the street cop listen to those guys it give me a little hope that maybe not everybody would blindly follow if things got worse. it looked like he would at least think more about it in his free time. it makes me think how many police and military would see through the BS and not go along with the plan.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPLwakeUP
Hi guys,...

What I find quite sad is that here on ATS you americans really have strong talk and facts but on that subway the only one legally %^$#ing the gov with words were the 2 heroes with the cameras and great talk the rest of the wagon were just like sheeps.

I mean they would need thousands more police officers to control that kind of stupid law. Thus becoming a even greater police state then it already is. I mean cellphones cameras?? WTF lol..

Ok i just want to say that it was AMERICA that saved EUROPE in most part and many losses, from the insane child of the New World Order..Adolph Hitler. Whos coincidentily threatening the world from his grave. Funny isnt it?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77

Ok i just want to say that it was AMERICA that saved EUROPE in most part and many losses, from the insane child of the New World Order..Adolph Hitler. Whos coincidentily threatening the world from his grave. Funny isnt it?

Hi Mastermind77,

Dude I get so tired hearing that over and over.
America saved Europe.. bla bla bla Dude get your facts straight.
I always thought it was called the allies forces instead of the American forces.
Russia, Canada, UK, China, France etc.
True USA were part of teh big three but remember USA had most battles on the Pacific scenario in europe it was lesser.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nando out!

1. I am spanish and I wasn't around at that time but anyway USA did not save Spain because spain wasný even involved in the 1st or 2nd WW.
See here
www.cia.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Those five guys were in New Jersey, so banning camera's in New York does nothing to prevent the same thing from happening again.

If anything this ban prevents movie making in New York without giving the city big bucks.
I used to make Electronic Press Kits for hip-hop wannabes in New York, two cameramen, the artist, the entourage...that was like eight of us. We did this on a super slim budget, I guess those were the 'good ole days'.

Meanwhile, on the topic of the Brilliant Brothers Burning Bloomberg...seems they may have shaken him enough that he couldn't
be totally evil in the face of victims families.

Victims' kin convince Bloomberg to grant access at WTC ceremony

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Exactly. So, why the need for these rules in the first place? Or could it be that the 9/11 truth movement (videos I have seen) have caused this?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
it makes me think how many police and military would see through the BS and not go along with the plan.

I agree but history has proven otherwise. It's easier to follow orders than to not. Just look into NAZI Germany. How did that happen when those soldiers and police were human beings also?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
NBC Channel 4

Hundreds in Union Square July 28th

www.democraticunderground.com...

---------------------

Protest at Ed Sullivan Theater

C.H.A.N.G.E fights for Camera Rights

video.google.com...

---------------------

shoot-out nyc:no new police restrictions on camera use

video.google.com...

--------------------

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Gotta love Bloomberg's arrogant smirk as he completely ignores the guy.
"We are not slaves sir." Damned right.
Glad to see people actually doing something to fight this Orwellian nightmare.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
THAT WAS SPECTACULAR!

Good work ! This police state crap started after the '93 bombing here and has just gotten worse starting with nut job CIA op Guiliani...They practically built a fortress around city hall about 10 yrs ago. When I moved here in '87 it was still pretty open. You could go right up to the steps of city hall and once I remember waving at dinkins as he strolled in. It sucks being here now. I'm leaving.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie

Originally posted by Areal51
"NATIONAL SECURITY" Well, can it be argued that civilians help to take part in securing this country through the use of their eyes, ears, and cameras? There's more civilians on the streets of NYC, in builidings, in the parks, in all of the nooks and crannies, than the military and other security forces. So it seems that civilians going about their everyday business doing what they would normally do would be a great help to national security than a hindrance to it.

The FBI is hiring 15,000 CIVILIANS to be "rats"/informants to inform on the general citizenry...

www.baltimoresun.com...

The Nazi's did this in Germany... kept files on everyone through a network of civilian informants.

Man, this turns my stomach. Sorry ATS, I don't have more to say on this bit. It just makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
What a wonderful group of guys these wearechange.org guys are!!! I love it, they really stick it to the NWO, I saw a video of them at David Rockefeller's house harassing him also. Keep up the good work!! You know Bloomberg has to be bothered by this kind of thing, we just need more of it.

The key word here is "harassing." Harassment is illegal. I'm not a lawyer but I would have to imagine that after a certain point this stuff becomes against the law. You can't just chase people around yelling at them forever. Not that I have a problem with the message these guys are spreading, maybe just how they are spreading it. Am I the only one that finds it just a little distasteful and obnoxious?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join