It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who recorded the cell phone calls from the planes ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Who recorded those phone calls ? Does that mean that every phone call is recorded ?
Or they recorded them because they knew the planes were hijacked ?
If they could record the phone calls, how is it that they did not know where the planes were ?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thats a good question, never seen an answer to it either. Did they ever try to explain, why they had recordings.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Funny thing is nobody untill now bothered to ask....Im intrested in seeing where this goes.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Calls form the planes to the FAA air traffic control were recorded by the system. Some of the calls where saved as voice messages if I recall correctly

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Cell phones making supposed calls on 911 umh? I was under the impression that these reported cell calls never showed up on the cell phone company billings.?

I wonder how that was done.

American Airlines and QUALCOMM Complete Test Flight to Evaluate In-Cabin Mobile Phone Use

Proof-of-Concept Event Highlights Safe and Reliable Mobile Phone Technology Using CDMA on a Commercial Aircraft
FORT WORTH, Texas and SAN DIEGO — July 15, 2004 — QUALCOMM Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), pioneer and world leader of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital wireless technology, and American Airlines, the world’s largest carrier, today successfully demonstrated in-cabin voice communications using commercially available CDMA mobile phones on a commercial American Airlines aircraft. Through the use of an in-cabin third-generation (3G ) “picocell” network, passengers on the test flight were able to place and receive calls as if they were on the ground.
~~
Today, American Airlines and QUALCOMM showcased their strength as technology pioneers and market leaders in their respective industries,” said Dan Garton, executive vice president of marketing for American Airlines. “American is committed to researching and providing innovative, cutting-edge products and services that enhance our passengers’ traveling experience and give our customers what they value. Even though commercial availability of cell phone use in flight is approximately 24 months away, American Airlines knows that our customers want to stay connected and this proof-of-concept event is an important step in bringing in-cabin wireless services to our customers.”
www.qualcomm.com...

my bold

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Not all of them were recorded, most are going on the families recollections. Todd Beamer's was recorded because he was speaking to a customer service person with the phone company. One other was recorded because it was his answering machine. Those are the only two that I know were actually recorded.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
can i have some linkage that says all the calls were recorded?....

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is the best link I could find...its very detailed I might add. Have not found and actual recording yet..apparently they are not public but I could be wrong.

911 research

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
thanks it's pretty cool to get the timeline.....but it doesnt say that the calls were recorded....nor are there transcripts....but thank you really neato site...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am glad to see this post. What a great queastion. Ive just looked at the link that shows the outline of these calls. There are some serious questions they can be raised here.

1-When the hijacker tells everyone , dont anyone move, he says please. That is not what you would expect to hear from someone getting ready to kill everyone. I would think that they would say something on the lines of get back to your seats or i will kill you. Just my opinion.

2- This is very interesting. look up on the web about barbara olson. It is called the mother of all white lies about 9/11. very good points made here. check it out.
3- i looked up betty ong the flight attendent on flight 11. There is a site that has the audio recording from her. the thing that doesnt fit is that she says they dont know who is in the cockpit and 2 of the staff from buisness class have been stabbed. then she says that the hijackers are in the cockpit with the pilots and no body is answering there. she also states that some type of gas was used in buisness class and people are having a hard time breathing. Then the flight attendants say they got everyone out of buisness class. Now look at the times that these calls where made. it shows mohamed atta being recorded at 8:24 am and 8:33 am from the cockpit recorder. Now why is bettys phone call at 8:18 am 6 minutes before the hijackers recording. Mohammed atta saying nobody move, please . we are going back to the airport is at 8:33 am. It just doesnt add up.

I will let all of the people posting here judge for themselves. Here are the links.

www.mishalov.com...

911research.wtc7.net...

Also look at the people they say made phone calls. look up there names and you will see that There could be good reason to dispose of these people.

In my opinion, Flight 93 was the only real flight that had passengers on it. And they where shot down. Then the hero story of how they stopped the plane from being used to hit another target was made up . I believe that there should have been airplane parts all over that field. You be the judge. I think that if anyone thinks that a plane can crash and not leave a trace of parts and fire are Afraid to see the truth. The impact even if they nose dived would have scattered fire and parts way beyond the hole they showed. But as i said these are my opinions and i consider all what i have seen to be enough proof for me. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
most people use the second debris field against 9-11...this is the first i've seen someone use one....crap...i think we need to have half a debris field inorder to get this right.....

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So Russ, you think there is a "master" clock that synchronizes EVERYTHING on the planet? Because there isnt. My computer says 9:29 my cell says 9:34 and the radio station just said 9:30.....must be a conspiracy there somewhere I guess...........

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I remember there was a woman that lost her son and she came out to say that the person calling her from the plane WAS NOT her son.

She said that he sounded like her son, but he was saying things that made no sense at all and was laughing at one point and was too calm. She said that all his life he called her "mama", not mom or mother and he kept saying "mother" over the phone and even said "don't you believe it's me?" while giggling.

I remember hearing of others who came out with similar stories about calls they were getting that were apparently thier loved ones and they were acting similar. Not making sense, too calm and laughing.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

I remember hearing of others who came out with similar stories about calls they were getting that were apparently thier loved ones and they were acting similar. Not making sense, too calm and laughing.

Do you recall when you heard this and where? An internet link would be great, or if it was tv or radio, prehaps the relevant show can be found as a tapping and brought for discussion to this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
They fabricated the calls using technology from this article. The technology was developed at Los Alamos.

Feb. 1 1999 Washington Post article: When Seeing and Hearing Isn't Believing.

I was told in 1998 or 99 by a co-worker whose father worked for the phone company that the telephone companies record every call made and have them warehoused.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com... this isnt exactly the link i was looking for but prior to 2004 cell phones had a very low rate of even making a call from a airplane and even if they did would lose there signal very quickly but yet some people managed to get through and have long conversations with there families and not only that but the sheer amount of ppl that made there calls succesfully someone did ia independent study on cell phones being used on airlines when i find it ill post it.....

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This link to physics 911 is interesting. It shows the results from testing the idea that mobile phone calls were even possable on those 'doomed' flights.

In my onion they were not very possible at all, my understanding of mobile technology comes from working on the call centre help desk for one of the 4 (real) UK mobile networks between 2000 and 2002. IMO a passenger jet will be moving too fast through the cells for the network to keep up in transferring the calls from one cell to the next - think driving at speed along a motorway, in my experience call quality is worse, and the probability of dropped calls very much higher.

Not to mention the 'up and down' signals, this is the two channel communication between the mast and the phone. You could think of it as 'up'loading and 'down'loading, or you could think that the mobile is supposed to be below the mast, the whole system has been set up around the fact that for the best signal the mast has to be as high as practical to give service to as many phones as possible. I'm not saying that a phone cannot be above the mast - but the system was not designed that way.

The speed of the aircraft and the distance / height are the main reasons that I think the calls would of been almost imposable, a couple of very short connections that dropped quickly is the best I could imagine - I don't really think the network could cope with phones travelling at 300-400 mph.

And what about technology being developed and finally released in 2004: Mobile Phones Take Flight as ARINC and Telenor Demonstrate Cellular System for Airlines . What would be the need for this tech if it were perfectly passable to make calls? (OK, flights that pass over seas / oceans)

Have a look at the results in the first link (top of post) look, look at the aircraft they used, scale that up to the aircraft used on 911 - don't take a genius

another link

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
So Russ, you think there is a "master" clock that synchronizes EVERYTHING on the planet? Because there isnt. My computer says 9:29 my cell says 9:34 and the radio station just said 9:30.....must be a conspiracy there somewhere I guess...........

The call was made from the in-plane phone. the terrorist was recorded by cockpit recorder. they are both on gps and are in sync with each other. So i would question the authenticity of them. And instead of coming up with sarcastic remarks. Why dont you give me an alternative proof. And if you cant then why do you even respond to this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
Why dont you give me an alternative proof. And if you cant then why do you even respond to this thread.

Russ, if this forum required what you are requesting.... It would no longer exist. "proof?" Not one of your posts has ANY!

Alternative Proof? Sounds like an oxy -moron.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's interesting how such a basic thought hasn't been formulated into a question yet on these boards. While I believe there are multiple answers to this question, it's pretty funny.

1. Phone calls were being tapped before the Patriot Act was brought into place.

2. Folks knew what was going down and were able to get the cell phone companies to react.

3. Officials knew what was about to happen so they alerted a higher authority to tap.

3. Coincidence.

4. Regulation via plane phones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join