It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear alot of talking..but where's the action?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I would like to provide an example of a very recent revolution that worked. 3 weeks ago the American people rose up in massive numbers and e-mailed, faxed, and phoned their senators about the immigration bill. It was sunk. Then, it was resurrected again, and sunk again last week by the American people rising up in even greater numbers than before. The previous weekend saw anti-amnesty rallies and marches in every major city, but MSM didn't cover it. When the American people started phoning on the day of the last cloture vote last week, they got their point across in a HUGE way. How? They crashed the senate switchboard! HAHAHAHA! This was a 1st in history.

No shots were fired, no storming the halls of government and decapitating corrupt leaders, but still a revolution just the same, and a successful one at that, at least for the time being.

The lesson to be learned here is that there is hope. Although yes, things do look bad, you can be comforted in the knowledge that more and more Americans are awakening every day to the dangers of globalism. Average American's are not buying it that the NAU is just a conspiracy theory like MSM is saying, and that too is good news.

What can you do? Engage intellectually others every day regarding the issues that you are concerned about. Before doing so, make sure you are boned up on them and can debate them with skill, and choose your issues wisely. Personally, I have found that Gloablism, Immigration, and the NAU are topics that you can more easily discuss with people without getting written off as a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.

Also, you can search for presidential candidates that are "not" members of the Council on Foreign Relations or other similar groups, and promote them to others, and become active in one of their campaigns. Personally I have chosen to get behind Ron Paul because he is highly concerned about the issues I mentioned above, and is the only republican running that is not pro-Iraq War or a CFR scumbag. For more detailed information regarding each political candidate and their affiliations to the CFR or other groups, please check out this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More benefits of getting on board with Ron Paul is that he has many of these "meetup" groups going on all over the country, and, he's likely to come up with a surprise victory in New Hampshire.

I am really glad you posted this topic, because it feels good to be able to come out and say, for a change, "there is hope". I believe it too. Usually in other threads I am much more doom and gloom.

To QuasiShaman:

I find your Article 5 argument very intriguing, and I used to forward the same position myself. Please check out my posts on the following thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am no longer convinced that this is a wise course of action though, after talking with Dr. Peterson of the www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com... site. She talked about this with people knowledgeable about the Constitution and they came to the conclusion that to have another Constitutional Convention, or Con Con, would be a grave risk to the Constitution because there would be know guarantee that the convention would not be hijacked by the globalist agenda, and choose to widen the parameters of the convention to include things that forward their goals. If there was a way to keep the globalists out, that would be great, but their isn't, and therefore, their interests would be represented as well, and that is too great a risk. Better to fight for the existing Constitution we have. I promise though I will read up more on the site you linked. I may want to discuss this further with you in U2U's if that's cool. So far, I think the Eisenhower argument is the most convincing in favor of it.

Take care all and God Bless.

Kelldor

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good topic,

I think the main thing any of us can do is continue to voice our opinions to our congress men and women. It is a hard fact that nothing scares a politician more than thinking his job is at stake!!! If enough people send their congress people enough cries for change then change will happen. AS I have stated all most politicians are concerned with is getting reelected. They will do whatever it takes to get reelected. Case point as another member has stated the recent immigration reform bill. This bill would have paved the way for the NAU. Because people including me sent letters to their congressmen I feel this is why they voted it down. I firmly believe that when it comes down to it the people of this country will stand up and voice their concerns. Yes we have become a lazy society IMO and most of that has been orchestrated to keep us happy and dumb to the Governments agenda. However comfort is waning and change is immanent.

Take care

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Guy
If you really want to make a difference, don't post delusional crap on a forum for others to fall for and worship.

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to "fall and worship" the idea that they can make a difference, but I'm flattered you thought so. Is that not an ironic statement, in that you're trying to convince people they don't matter?

You can't beat the "power". So join them. Try and do well at politics. Try and become the president. If that happened, then yeah, you could control mostly everything.

That's the problem with the world. Everyone wants to control something. Any idiot can run for office, but usually the best people for the job are those that don't neccessarily seek the position.

However, you're not doing that. So just stop now.

oh, ok.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The people in these forums are much like congress , all we do is bicker about issues and ultimately nothing will get resolved. Plus the fact that you need "SOLID" proof of these conspiracy theories to get the public "Really" involved and not just posting links to the same web-sites and homemade conspiracy movies in chat forums such as these.Untill there is absolute proof , nothing will come out of all this bickering.

It may be just my opinion but from what I can see the majority of members on ATS are men and that this is just basically the "National Enquirer" for men.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I disagree with some of the folk who replied to this forum...

First of all we arent un-motivated! Otherwise why would such heated politicl discussions take place? We truely care about our future, our rights, our country, and can see its turning into a garbage disposal.

The problem is.. What do we doa bout it? Does anyone in this forum own the rights to millions of dollars? Has petitioning the government ever worked? Well I doubt it.. and if you have a plan please feel free to bring it up b/c many here would participate. Especially if it were a petition. You can even set up free petitions online. Get bck to me on that one

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
I disagree with some of the folk who replied to this forum...

Kudos for recognizing that all ATSers are not just self serving coach potatos. Many of us do make a difference and many of us want to.

Originally posted by blowfishdl
First of all we arent un-motivated! Otherwise why would such heated politicl discussions take place? We truely care about our future, our rights, our country, and can see its turning into a garbage disposal.

The problem is.. What do we doa bout it? Does anyone in this forum own the rights to millions of dollars? Has petitioning the government ever worked? Well I doubt it.. and if you have a plan please feel free to bring it up b/c many here would participate. Especially if it were a petition. You can even set up free petitions online. Get bck to me on that one

Actually, people in America just accomplished a huge win with the defeat of the immigration bill. Activism does not ALWAYS work, but it's better than just laying down and accpeting defeat. There was an overwhelming support by congress for the immigration bill until people started calling and writing their congressmen. If more people would care about issues and not just accept what the government does, then I think we'd get A LOT more accomplished.

People on here keep saying, "ATSers are lazy ... nothing can be done ... the government is too big ... it's too late." These are the people that will claim the grapes were sour, just because they couldn't reach them. The same people that will give up when they're down by 5 points and there's 2 mins left in a game. But, those are always the most gratifying wins; when the underdog comes from behind at the last second to defeat the favoured opponent. The kind of win that inspires the populations to stand up and fight for truth and justice.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
People fight when they are hungry or when you take away TV/sports/beer. Most of the people are not intelligent and they are happy with regular job, raising few kids and drinking beer in front of TV. This and occasional BBQ is their idea of freedom and anyone who talks about Constitution and inside job is either anti-patriot or simply a lunatic for them.

So, why bother anyway? I think people need cold shower in order to wake up from this illusion. It's never too late, there is always a chance to fight. But please, don't tell me to fight for couch potatoes, because they are not worth fighting for. Only people i respect and am willing to fight for are those who want truth and freedom and who want to crush corruption. Only elite deserves to be free. Slaves are slaves by their choice, so fighting for them is a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hi:

The solutions to the problems that humanity faces today will not be solved by political action. Beseeching government is a useless activity, similar to rearranging the Titanic‘s deck chairs. Economics is the dog, politics is the tail, and energy runs the show. Very few seek the root of the issues, but prefer hacking at their favorite branch. Bucky Fuller saw the big picture:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

As one of Fuller’s pupils once told me, most that populate Internet forums (particularly the men) are more interested in “sword-fighting” than truly understanding the issues and doing something about it. A hundred people of high integrity, if they could be found and united in purpose, could have brought free energy to humanity long ago, and what a change that could be:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

However, that hundred may not exist, so I have tried a different strategy:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

I have joined various Internet forums that have discussed my work, but have yet to find one where its members were really interested in engaging the reality of our planet and how to change it for the better. That is the sad reality of humanity today.

Time is short. One thing is for sure - this parade will not last much longer. If humanity does not collectively wake up and take its destiny into its own hands (and only doing it lovingly will work):

www.ahealedplanet.net...

then it is going to get much worse before it gets better, if we do not take humanity and the planet past the point of no return, due to our collective inertia.

Wade

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The key is to (somehow) strike very hard at the root of the problem: the indescribably monolithic rule by secrecy itself. Until enough people REALLY want the truth - including the uglier, more disappointing, ego-damaging truths - it will be business as usual. That means EVERYTHING of the highest (and even higher?) secrecy classification must come out!! That means everything that's considered vitally, hugely importantly secret today that will be considered a sick joke (at best) by future, sufficiently-enlightened generations... How much of this will be accomplished by grass-roots activism and how much by "acts of God" is anybody's guess. I know I'm sounding cryptic, but that's the best way I can put it at this time.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Independence Day is becoming harder to celebrate every year. Here are three articles that take the pulse of the American dream from around the world, Congress and grassroots Americans. I hope these perspectives will provoke some of us beyond mere words and into action.

Have A Happy and Safe Independence Day, y'all!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY;YOU HAVE NO GOVERNMENT
By Carolyn Baker

As this article is being written the world is entranced with terrorist attacks in the United Kingdom, and U.S. residents are stocking up on beer and barbecue for the most sacrosanct of all American holidays. Barefoot children are running through sprinklers and reveling in backyard swimming pools. Fireflies flicker through muggy Midwest nights, and urban jungles swelter in a sultry aura of crime and poverty. But whether in the McMansions of Florida bedroom communities or locked in the suffocating despair of Chicago’s Cabrini Green, everyone knows—everyone feels it, but no one is talking about “it.” That “it”, that “something” is why depression is rampant, and why Americans are so sleep-deprived. That “something” can’t be fixed with a new mattress or more Tylenol PM, and when long nights of fitful or no sleep turn into another workday, the American way is to rise and shine into frenetic workaholism and ten thousand other distractions so that no one has to think or talk about “it”.

carolynbaker.org... -carolyn-baker

McDermott to Cheney: ‘Resign or face impeachment’
By Chris Good

Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) told Vice President thingy
Cheney to “resign or face impeachment” Thursday night as three more House Democrats lent their support to a plan to impeach the vice president.

thehill.com... nt-2007-06-29.html

Global Unease: Anti-Americanism on the Rise
Possibly the largest public opinion poll ever undertaken, with interviews conducted in 47 countries.
By Gary Feuerberg

Washington, D.C.—A worldwide survey finds global public opinion expressing increasing negative views of the United States and a lack of confidence in President Bush. Global support for the "war on terror" is lower than ever.

en.epochtimes.com...

[edit on 3-7-2007 by rancelot]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to not be afraid of your friends, your family or a stranger. You have to tell the people immediately around you what is going on. Do it wisely though

I can't tell you how many arguments I've gotten into and lost but in the end I opened eyes to the possibility and then credibility of issues like 9/11, some ufo stuff and a few other international ideas to people immediately around me. Some of these people have become local politicians and I never would have expected it..
Keep doing whatever it is you're doing on the grand scale, but on the micro scale you have to guide people to the light of knowledge. At any time our electricity could be shut off for whatever reason and we could all be suddenly disconnected. Some refuse knowledge, vehemently in some cases and I've lost friendships to prove it, but what if the person you tell listens, digests and then goes to Congress and spear-heads a change in our history for the good. That means you just changed history.
You can change the political heads all you like, but if the PEOPLE do not understand together as a mass grown from a local level, then a similar head just regrows unless a new body has been cultured.

At one time this nation fought "brother against brother"
There's another fight coming and it will be "good vs evil"
Someway somehow a button is going to be pushed and TALKING will be REPLACED by ACTION by way of NECESSITY.
I was hoping that button would be 9/11 and the fraudulent parts of..
Too late now. Instead, it will become part of the fuel the public will burn the government with.
so for now.. I'm talking talking talking.. spreading news spreading news spreading news..

b

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If you really want to make a difference I will tell you this and I'm sure most of you already know or feel and that is that marches and peaceful protests don't do a damn thing.

They don't disrupt the daily flow of work to government facilities so where's the efficacy? It's even law that you can't demonstrate on the same side of the street as these buildings and people happily abide.

If you want true change then support Vermont secession.

www.vermontrepublic.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I feel as if we are in the midst of an internet revolution, politically. The groundswell of sentiment against Bush and the tidal shift in 2006 in the USA, was, in my opinion, primarily Internet generated.

Just because things aren't happening fast enough for YOU doesn't mean they aren't happening.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Never doubt that a small dedicated group of people can change the world, for in fact, that is the only thing that ever has.

All politics is local, world affairs are decided at the local level, always. Your legislator is beholden to their constituency, which is YOU. They will vote how they are pressured to vote always. Applying pressure is the trick.

There is one type of pressure that terrifies big government more than any other, which is grass roots movements and organizations. These catch the hearts and minds and produce effective, real change. All politicians know and watch for these movements.

Grass roots movements can take many forms. Contacting your local legislator (local Congressional representative+senator) is the best manner. In order of importance placed by the legislators office;
1) Writing a well thought out and organized letter. Keep letter on target, do not rant, list your concerns with thoughtfull deliberation, AND THE SOLUTION you are presenting
2) a fax with the same
3) a phone call
4) email

If various legislators recieved letters that express concerns and solutions..it would not be long they understood an organized political group is attempting change....they will accept change is inevitable, and move to take political advantage.

Nobody wants to be the legislator asking where are voters running so i may lead them. They want to be front and center of the next grassroots movement....that is where the Votes that decide elections are found.
You will recieve a letter of thanks from your legislator. Keep this on your wall at work or home, people will ask, tell them your story. Ask them to write to their legislator with shared concerns as well.

These are simple guidelines that will produce change.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The first thing to make a difference in America my friend is stop voting Republican and Democrat. Once "WE" start doing this we will begin to move forward with small steps.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well first of all i hope I don't get banned for making this post because I have grown to love this forum over the years of just watching and taking in information. But enough is enough...enough arguing...when i say band together and help one another, I mean it! Working together is more efficient, creates more progress, and *imo* makes one feel even better when a group of people get something accomplished.

I have no intentions of recruiting anyone, to any group wats so ever. I just voice my opinion, and am seeking out others to voice theirs in return to let me know what they think of my idea. Im just tired of hearing all the B.S. on the news everyday...I have a niece and nephew who are young and I don't want to see them grow up in "world" that is shrowded in lies and greed.

This is just not a "American Only" issue...this is a HUMAN ISSUE! What people fail to realize is that they're some crazy human beings who wish to control the world! Control the way we eat, think, sleep, and interact with one another.

Well F THAT! This country has not let me down in any way, i love america with all my heart because as much as it has taken away from me, It has gaven me so much back in return...now the "People" who run this country have let me down BIG TIME! And the man who is currently running this country in my eyes is a joke...

So yes...I want a change...and I know other's do aswell...u2u me if you would like to discuss with me more about this matter.

And for all the people who say it's too late or it'll never happen in this lifetime....

Well guess what bud, I won't stop untill my coffins buried....

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
UNnoticed - I myself feel exactly the same way that you do.
I also believe that our youth(I am a 19 year old man, going to be 20 soon)
is very important but of course finite. Our youth bestows in us great responsibility
and also power on this planet. I will spend the rest of
my life trying to change this planet and persuading my fellow brothers
on this planet to do what is right. I strongly believe that I may die
trying but my love for my country and my brothers all around this world
is worth the ultimate sacrifice in my eyes. I am by your side until I
can no longer stand, brother.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
Congratulations! You have reached the rotten core of the internet discussion apple!

By and large, the community you are trying to motivate to action are lethargic, argumentative, provincial and more interested in winning an internet argument than spending the time and effort to make a difference. You are not speaking to "men of action", but to the "debate team" and a few "expert typists".

Unfortunately, the CT community has devolved so dramatically that a large percentage of them actually believe that "fighting the Man" and "UFO research" involves sitting on their butts and surfing YouTube for someone else's "proof". It is a truly rare modern CT'er that actually *gasp* writes a letter to their Congressman, attends a demonstration, or even votes.

Good luck

Maybe that's true, maybe not. Until a third of us are willing to pick up arms, like Thomas Jefferson suggested, then not much will happen. It would be foolish until you have several hundred thousand fully armed men willing to march on Washington.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I guess every ones got their minds made up, I think the true battle is trying to convince them otherwise. Something that will never be won. Its remarkable to see how many will rather take the easier route. Sit back and watch the radiation dust fall. I don’t think there is anyway to convince the people of the world no matter how strong your argument is they will still choose not to do anything. People debate and argue why not debate and agree? Because there will never be common ground not with 8 billion people on this rock. I guess that’s why the N.W.O. or Illuminati want to reduce the population. Be even with 8 billion people they seem to be doing a good job in manipulating people. I say be manipulated live your lives for what they are worth. But when you children get older and their children end up in a world of cattle prods and controlled living they only have us to blame. Because we chose to do nothing. But who knows things can change for the better, just do you wan to take that gamble. What the point of gambling if you r know the game is rigged, expose it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join