It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear alot of talking..but where's the action?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Tar n Feathers the tyranical Judges, sheriffs, lawyers and politicians from your district with a majority of your district present. Run for offices in your local town or city or state and get others to run and take back your city at the local ballot box. 3% of the colonists defeated the greatest military on the planet in 1700's so we can do it too with as little as 90,000. But laziness ad lack of intelligence or care will make sure that even 9,000 will not do it together.

I think that the Bible says that all this must come to pass, and that the NWO will reign for a SHORT TIME, so my advice to you if you can not raise 90,000 patriots to go wth you is to seek the LORD and ask for his forgiveness and PROTECTION.

I will say this much though if I am cornered I will shoot to defend myself, and I would also join a revolutionary force is it was real, organized, large and took action.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I agree. It doesn't take much but a sound mind and opinion to make a difference. Start a blog, spread the word, get together with your friends and neighbors and demonstrate. I was driving home from work today and saw five people on a corner with signs expressing opposition to the current administration. Everyone thinks it's pathetic if it isn't a hundred people.

Those same five people have been outside for the last year holding various signs up. Only a few people, sure, exposed to a lot of rush hour traffic, yeah. They're getting their message out, and all they're doing is sitting outside.

People want someone else to change because we don't want to take responsibility for the current state of affairs. Sometimes i wonder if this stage of humanity has the fortitude to stand up for survival.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Violent revolution never works, because the revolutionaries just replace the ousted government, and repeat the same mistakes because it's all they know. Only thing that changes is the name and the faces. We are conditioned to act as we do, exploit, oppress, take take take, to fear our real nature and replace it with the perversion called capitalism. Which is the real cause of the problems you want to revolt against. The sooner people realize and admit this the sooner your revolution can happen and succeed.

With all the governments, and all the laws, and all the money, and all the revolutions, nothing has really changed. Still the same old game of oppression and exploitation, greed and poverty, control and power.

For a revolution to be successful it has to be done slowly and methodically by educating the population, every chance you get, about how things are really controlled. About all the garbage that governments do to maintain the system, and why this system is destroying us. Even if they don't believe you, down the road they might experience something that makes them think about what you told them and the light goes on. I've seen this many times.
The internet is a God send for that. The whole world should know this system is bullcrap by now, but as usual most people are more interested in making money than trying to forge a better way of life for everybody. Instant gratification, while the world goes down the crapper. When every bodies needs are satisfied that includes you.

The only way a revolution would actually change anything is when the majority of the population are educated, and ready to replace what we have with something that won't repeat the same mistakes. Until that time nothing will change.

My opinion...

Edited:For composition.

[edit on 2/7/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNnoticed

So my question is...how can an ordinary Joe like myself and others...equipped with a High School diploma, freedom of thought, an attitude for change and a voice...take the beginning steps to start a change?

Well, let's start with a quote from the US Constitution.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Skip religion as it does not apply.

Assemble, Go to a local political party headquarters. Become friends with as many of those people as you can. Youth has a definate advantage in dealing with the GOP. As you become part of that group of people (3 weeks-2 months depending on campaign season), you will be introduced to lower canidates and elected officials. Work the chain of command until you start hitting state level officials (2-4 months). The whole trick here is use charm and charisma, below 25 then be sure to use their proper title (Rep. so-and-so or Mayor such-and such). Politeness, respect and protocol are important. Try to get to know the "old guard" or "old boys club" members of the party.

Petition: By knowing and being known by members of the party you can now call elected officials in DC and start dropping names. They can check if you are known and if you are then suggestions can be listened to and acted upon. Know their voting records. Something big to be voted on. Let them know your opinion. They don't want to play ball?

Speech, talk with people. Respectfully argue your point of view with anyone willing to listen and think. If they agree with you, inspire them to fight with you.

Press, letters to the editor cost only the postage it takes to mail it. Write well enough for a good article and submit it to the free "village voice" papers as an Op/Ed (opinion/editorial) piece. Save any and everything that is published and keep an accurate scrapbook.

Petition, Speech and Assembly: You can now work the system to gather names for a petition to have them recalled in a special election. You will get real interviews by real reporters smelling controversey now. Even if you fail to get a recall election, you generated enough bad press and source material for anyone that runs against them (provided the party allows them to run again for the office). One down 534 more Congressmen to go. Maximum six month prep time, but not too bad for a one man operation that does a little grassrooting along the way for little to no expense.

Additional--Making friends with political players often gets you invited as a guest to fund raising dinners. Go to them! Best places in the world for networking and being introduced to higher level officials. And always talk to those little old ladies. They are great sources of information and can answer any question you need on protocol, dress requirements and general knowledge without raising suspicion that you don't really belong there.

To answer how effective this is: In 1988 I was 17. I was introduced and shook hands with GHW Bush during a local campaign stop. Was an invited guest to a fund raising dinner where the guest of honor was Dan Qualye. The state rep that I befriended privately told me that he regretted that he did not have the pull to arrange a meeting with then President Reagan because he felt we would hit it off enough that Reagan might have been able to get me a screen test or at least a good agent in Hollywood. He (the state rep) did personally type out a letter of congradulations when I graduated high school in June 1989. I met many future big time local/state politicians in passing and one future US Senetor and a future governor of Ohio.

Because of being able to drop those names, I was able to help a friend out when INS wasn't letting his wife return from the Philippines. For that I made a phone call to John Boehner (who a few years later became House Majority Leader). But had he not helped out, I was prepared to burn him back in 1995.

That was my experience and how I did it, however your experience may be different.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
UNnoticed, it's nice to hear an opinion on this being voiced. I think we have to "keep on keepin' on" as the saying goes, and not stop working to share what we know. As one poster said, keep getting the information out there. The more this happens, the more people open their eyes and wake up from their sleep. Many people are too comfortable. It's too easy to stick your head in the sand and hope that because you don't look at it, it's not there... but that just isn't the case. It would be nice to think everything was all fluffy clouds and rainbows, in a land where our government was honest and had our best interests at heart, and nobody had to die for the sake of money or war... but that would be a fairy tale. Anyone seen the video by Disturbed, the remake of Land of Confusion? This feels a bit more accurate, unfortunately.

There's a verse in the bible that says we should be as wise as serpents but innocent as doves. I happen to think this is very relevant. I think peaceable revolution is the only way to go, especially in these times we are living in. Personally, I do what I can... write my representatives, senator, and even the white house has received quite a few of my letters. Does it do any good? Who knows... but maybe it raised some awareness somewhere along the line with whoever might have read them. I also try to share what I know with those around me, as well as on websites. Basically I think we should do what we can, where we can, and know that somehow, a seed is planted and it will make a difference somewhere down the line, even if we don't see it. Writing, I believe, is actually a very effective way to get information out. As they say, the pen is mightier than the sword (um... that is, unless someone is coming at you! haha).

Thanks for raising this topic, and thereby raising awareness on the issue. Here's a little encouragement to think on... each one of us here, at some point, has been enlightened by someone along the way. Otherwise, we wouldn't even be discussing this. We would still be living in our fairytale land. But someone told us... we listened... and we joined in to fight the good fight. So if it helps.. the work we do is never wasted. Whether we win or lose, all we can do is our best, til we can't do any more.

I personally believe time is of the essence, more so than at any other time in history. I have felt lately, over the past couple years now, a real feeling of urgency, that I can't explain, but it's there. I think many of us feel it. Just this sense of something coming... don't know what... but something... and I don't feel it's a good thing. I also feel that we need to band together, work together.... and I'm just throwing this out, but I have felt that it wouldn't hurt for like-minded people who live near each other geographically to be aware of who lives near them, just in case we needed to band together literally for survival some day.

Or maybe I've just watched too much Jericho.

Great post OP.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Here is a good place to start!

article-5.org...

The Mission of Friends Of the Article V Convention is:

To Preserve the Constitution of the United States;

To restore the principle of local governance by empowering the people, pursuant to Article V, to discuss, draft, and propose relevant amendments to our Constitution;

To exercise the authority granted by the Framers of our Constitution to the people of this nation to actively participate in their governance;

To require Congress to call an Article V Convention, as mandated by our Constitution, in response to the 568 applications submitted to it by the States;

To serve as a public forum to educate, inform and discuss with the general public at large the true facts surrounding an Article V convention; to dispel the myths, half-truths, fears and misinformation regarding the convention call and the Article V Convention; to bring to the public's attention the actions of Congress regarding an Article V Convention;

To refrain from supporting any specific amendment proposal that may be proposed at an Article V Convention;

To help the public understand the difference between an Article V Convention, which FOAVC fully supports, and a "constitutional convention" that would rethink the entirety of our current Constitution, which FOAVC emphatically does not support;

Public Statements by FOAVC

As prescribed by FOAVC policy, only official press releases by the FOAVC National Press Secretary, or statements made by our National Executive Director, shall be deemed the official position of FOAVC for the purposes of reference, accreditation and public record.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

EVERYONE CALM DOWN AND LISTEN

The only thing you need to study, the only thing anything anybody needs to do is study the life of your current leaders, and strive to do what they have done. Please do not post any smart remarks about looting public funds, dodging their own laws, or abusing perks of being public representatives.

So my question is...how can an ordinary Joe like myself and others...equipped with a High School diploma, freedom of thought, an attitude for change and a voice...take the beginning steps to start a change?

The answer is to become the very leader you want to replace. Being a politician is a career, not a pass-time. In order to affect change the system, either through peace at the current regime's bequest, or by violence if the regume prefers greed over the greater good. So in order to qualify for a career, you need to meet certain criteria. Most politicians these days have been involved in the legal/justice system at some point in their professional career. This has traditionaly been in the form of either:

1. attorney
  2. military
  3. civil servant
  4. LEO of a Federal Agent such as FBI, DEA, ATF, INS, ect ect

Whatever their past profession has been, one thing is almost certain is that nearly all of the leadership above a local city/municipality representative has been involved in their own business for their income, not indentured servitude. Which is somewhat ironic because the "public servant" may be simotaneously served in his business by those that elected the rep. to serve them.

In any case, the way to change things is to become a leader, and work together on passing laws to benefit your local communtiy for starters.

In order to become a leader, you need your own business, experience in the field of law, and of course to be an active and participating citizen of the community for the community.

If one wishes to view exactly how easy it will be to become a leader, you need only to do the following to get started:

• begin an initiative such as a product, service,or business that will benefit your community directly
  • Attend routine meetings of the political party of your choosing to become exposed to the very basis of the system
  • make it a goal to vote as consistently as possible on all proposals in your community and understand their signifigance as well as cost to the community.
  • Be considerate, humble, hard-working, and happy.

All the experience and knowledge you will begin to acquire throughout your journey will gradually carve out your career to become the leaders that you need to replace. The hard part is to stay focused on your original goals, and remember exactly what they were. Greed has corrupted and continues to do so many individuals who have attempted to walk the line. Only the most disciplined will have what it takes to make it out shining. All others will fall and be forgotten.

I personally suggest that if there are members present on ATS, PTS, BTS that have goals of participating in local politics and onward, they register themselves in a formal manner somwhere in the PTS domain to begin addign fuel to this fire. their exist a great many potnetial leaders here who require only a seed, a host to begin their career towards change. Their is no age maximum to this goal, and may be persued until the end of living.

If any of this makes sense, it is because this is exactly the truth, the way it is. Make use of it, I know I will.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
For all those saying that nothing can be done and people who wants to change things are losers ... I feel sorry for your mothers. They are the real losers.

For all those that REALLY want to change the way things are, and make a difference, you have to ask yourself, "What is it that makes me unhappy in today's society?" "Who stands for the ideals I hold dear?"

If you really want to make a difference, don't post delusional crap on a forum for others to fall for and worship.

You can't beat the "power". So join them. Try and do well at politics. Try and become the president. If that happened, then yeah, you could control mostly everything.

However, you're not doing that. So just stop now.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Your heart is in the right place, but your thinking is off...

We can't just decide to stop the NWO, we can't just plan to get together on Sunday and take bake America...

But we can escape the NWO, to a point. Look at it this way, if (lol, when) it hits the fans around here and all the nightmare situations go down, what will we need:

Food
Water
Protection
Shelter

It will be a dammed violent world, were anything is fair game, as it is now there can be a gang shooting in your local mall, and its not even the lead story on the local news. People will kill for water, food, evrything, it will be a free for all, people will be weeded out... but what can we do... what can we do not to be desimated along with the masses.

Heres what we would need, we need a portion of land with a CLEAN source of water, as well as animals that could be used for food and land that can grow crops. I don't know that there are many places in the USA that can get clean water...

If people banded together and worked together, people could begin anew in a way, live away from the world that we have turned too...

But who are we all kidding here, when are the millions of computer consiprisy theroists going to get up off thier behinds, move everything out to the middle of nowhere in Cannada or somewhere, work hard, build a town from scratch, work out everything that is involed... build our new world... alone we all just sit at our keyboards and think and theorize, and more importantly, WAITING for something bad to happen, while we still have time to try to aviod the wrath of something that is out of our control.

I belive time is short, and ther is time to act defensivly, to aviod acting on survial insticnts.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
As of September 11th, 2001, it's too late. If They want total control, it's in Their hands. Any action now would be too little too late.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Post removed.

Terms And Conditions Of Use.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i am a professional in the music studio only. the only REAL use of me is in the production of sound.

i am all for starting it all up.

so, thus, if there is anything going on....that i should wish to be a part of....or if anyone has anything that needs some production:

please, let me know. U2U.

dkp

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I was going to write a full reply here.....but......seems this is another "america only" thread!

Maybe only after you can think outside the "U.S. box" will you be able to change things.

Good luck, meanwhile, some of us will be dealing with more "global" issues that affect all humanity and not just americans.

Sorry to sound harsh but things here on ATS are all too often presumed american problems and issues. Maybe THAT is why nothing gets done!

I think "speakeroftruth" hit the nail on the head when he said what was coming is inevitable.

So....do not complain.....Inform.
Do not watch....Act.
Do not wait for answers.....research.

I am English and I live in France BTW, but I am interested in more than European issues. Check out my thread here about the future of YOUR American National Symbol, which NOBODY is interested in! Why Not?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
i like the sounds of the first post, the whole "sick ad tired of being sick and tired" i like it, But seriously, what could be done, people have said "its too late". Why ? why is it too late ? theres 0 hard proff that the NWO is up there right now controling it all, or even controling any thing, And we shouldnt just stand up against the NWO, should be against any one we belive that we have the right too. NWO (if real) sound just as bad as America, stand up to NWO, why not stand up too America ? The average joe in America problys doesnt have a clue what there goverment does on the sly. These big groups like NWo do sound scary but they aint so diferent from some big scary ones already in power.

Take Care every one, Vix

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I agree with nerbot to a degree, there does seem to be 'USA only' mentality with some people. The world is a much bigger place! I think a lot more Americans (particularly the ones who live in the centre..
) should leave the USA and travel, to get some perspective on things!

If you all really want to change America, then play the system!

Revolution is the Opium of the Intellect.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
As a European i think the same situation counts for those who live in one of the countries part of the EU. Anyone remember the delayed constitution? Our nay votes didnt matter, everywhere it's fanatically pushed into effect.

And they wont ask the public a second time.

As for the rest of the topic, people like so many others will remain in a constant conversation with eachother uncovering the smoking guns until the next major attack happens, which may be fatal, and in the end, strip you totally of what little freedom you still have left.

So i suggest you make good use of that.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
i hear ye bud! this is what i think amerians should be doing. show the world your not as stupid as they think, you have freedom in your minds, use it!! take your country back and maybe we can have our world back!!

either that or we can organise a mass blog attack!! that'll show em!!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It is funny that this thread came up because I have been thinking about this topic for the last week. What if the people do want change? How would they go about it? I am going to reply in terms of "America Only" because in essence that is what we are talking about, replacing the existing government of a country.

The days when the people gathered and charged the castle to oust their leaders is LONG gone. Protest rallies or any organized protest, by our new laws technically would make you a terrorist and subject to arrest in the US and let's be honest. Even a peaceful protest today, you would tend to be subject to arrest for trespassing or obstruction or any other number of charges outside of spirit of how the law was intended and the chances of creating change from a jail cell are slim to none.

To overthrow the US government today would be a very lengthy process that would not be complete in my lifetime. The blueprint to do such a thing has already been laid by the NWO. You would have to recruit like minded people, who can stay focused on the real prize. It would take generations and you would have to be sure these people were educated and put into positions of power. As your numbers grow, and as more of these like minded people get involved, then things can change. Today you have to work within the current system until you have people in power who can use that same system to make changes for the greater good. With that in mind, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Who is to say that these like minded people, once they have power, stick with the plan instead of becoming self serving? It is human nature and I really think there is no breaking the cycle. As a civilization, we have set our path and for better and for much much worse, we will have to follow that path.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

from section8citizen:
I am going to reply in terms of "America Only" because in essence that is what we are talking about, replacing the existing government of a country.

What the HECK are you talking about...

So once again another thread is being "hijacked" to become "American Only".

Do you think you are the only country with governmental problems?
Do you think ALL UFO sightings are in America?
Do you think "Big Brother" lives only in America?
etc, etc, etc!

If this is an American Only topic, then I'll leave you in peace......good luck changing the world and don't worry about the rest of us, I'm sure we'll manage.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
EDIT: I should add that if you believe that they system can be saved from the inside out, and right now i may argue that idea but not with very great conviction, the above posts by Dypes, Ahabstar and Anok contains very specific and useful advice that with some ability and understanding of the devils you will meet and be forced to deal with, will allow you to become part of the continuing battle that allows real leadership of the people by the people.

Originally posted by UNnoticed

I'll make it simple...

But it's not so good luck trying.

You take a glance at the forums here on ATS, and read about how people are so fed up with the government lying to "we" the people of this country...stripping our rights away slowly but surely...how they do this and do that to us...and how we just sit here and take it....and take it...and take it some more....

And while that kind of sentiment ( angry white male syndrome) is easy to spot and widespread in western society it can not help much as understanding that you are getting shafted is becoming obvious far faster than the understanding of how it is done, why it is done, and how to prevent it from happening.

So my question is...how can an ordinary Joe like myself and others...equipped with a High School diploma, freedom of thought, an attitude for change and a voice...take the beginning steps to start a change? A revolution?

The best the regular joe can do ( assuming a 8-9 hour work day and two hours of commuting and preparing) is to figure out, by use the Internet, public library or friends&discussion why things are going so wrong despite the fact that people want it to be better and spend so much time earning money in a vain attempt to make it so. The first step really is knowledge as without that any kind of action is likely to be misdirected and thus for the most part ineffective. You can see this type of behaviour in the environmental 'protection' movement, animal welfare, religion, and a host of other popular past times that makes people feel good but does little if anything to address the people that brings about these situations.

I know I can't be the only one...who's sick and tired of being sick and tired...well I want things to change!

And your doing better than the 50 - 75 000 people that died today due to preventable disease, starvation and wars they have no interesting in fighting. First say thanks to whoever ( including yourself but mainly your parents who happen not to live as the majority of the third world does) for getting you into the lucky situation of having the energy to contemplate changing the world for the better. Knowing that you are already pretty damn 'special' will probably help you to consider how much you can do for sure just to help the rest of the world arrive at your standards of living.

And I'm willing to sacrifice for this change!

And yet there is no requirement for sacrifice ( your not some kind of government agent that want to bring new information to the public) so get that out of your mind while you sometimes inform a friend when they make some illogical claim that you know they heard on the news and has no basis in reality.

Let's put our minds together to get the word and message out for a free country!

lets not put our minds together and lets not spread contrived messages and popular slogans. Until people are pressed hard enough they will not have the desire for change and will inquire as to solutions other than that presented by the state, the church, the school, or their boss. As long as the 'solutions' these various agencies provides still has credibility we are going nowhere and we must become more informed by informing each other and ourselves.

Let's work together folks...I'm but 1 simple man...

What will be the aim of this working together and who will be 'the leader'? Working 'together' for the sake of working together is why we have national parties, armies, and organized religion; things we could largely do without. Being organized is not enough and i believe that leaders are a thousands times easier to find than the understanding and knowledge that it's members requires to keep the movement serving their interest and achieving their goals. Don't worry about leaders and 'togetherness', as that comes naturally enough, and instead focus on discussion, debate, information sharing and general contemplation of the issues and how to best address them.

Suggestions on what we need to do to have these wheels in motion, also the steps in order to achieve those goals?Enough Talk! More Action!

Americans took action after 9-11 and it has now led to the deaths of possibly a million innocent Iraqi's and Afghans civilians, a 'patriot' act, massively increase spying on and detention of American citizens and a world that now finds every and all American foreign policy decisions increasingly suspect.

People are waking up and they do want to take action but those who creates the problems for us are past maters at misdirecting our very real angry to further serve their interest. Don't cry for more action when so much of out collective efforts to change this world is misdirected and further serves their aim.

It's not that hard to jump on the bandwagon ( look at the vitriolic and devoid of accurate content Liberal vs conservative 'discussions' here and everywhere else) and 'take action' but what will that action achieve and what has that specific fight in the US achieved for Americans over the last three decades? 'Very little' might be too generous and 'nothing' might be more accurate.

Action takes belief and given their propaganda machinery your far more likely to do what they want than what would be best for you so for the average 'joe' i suggest less action and more thinking as unconsidered and 'common' ( meaning doing the same as all the other fools that watch CNN ) actions is in my opinion more dangerous to our common freedom than simply non compliance and suspicion of any 'directives' that comes from horrendously rich people that meets on the proverbial hill.

Stellar

[edit on 3-7-2007 by StellarX]

[edit on 3-7-2007 by StellarX]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join